PDA

View Full Version : Pop scapegoating David Lee is his most embarrassing moment...Watch this..

spursistan
05-02-2017, 04:37 PM

This is sad, tbh.. The guy has definitely lost the plot; he is shook and panicked...

Just curious why has he never shown this fire trying to coach up the biggest p***y on the team? why does he never tear into Laramarcus Garbidge like he does when the Big3, Kawhi and Green are stinking it up ? Why this kid gloves treatment for a career loser?

apalisoc_9
05-02-2017, 04:40 PM
Lee sucks but it almost felt like Pop wanted him to fail so bad. :lmao

05-02-2017, 04:41 PM
Bonner gave LMA Pop's sextape before he retired

apalisoc_9
05-02-2017, 04:44 PM
Can you imagine how Shook Anderson-Simmons and any other young new player?

Green sucks now but man you gotta give him credit for succeeding and not letting all the Pop tirade get into his head. Guys, like Simmons and Anderson are probably too scared to even play.

I hope Murray survives the Pop onslaught.

Kawhi survived, but Poop has always treated him like A manu, 30 year old parker and Duncan.

Makes you appreciate Tony Parker for surviving all those years with Pop.

apalisoc_9
05-02-2017, 04:45 PM
Tony Parker 2002-2004 was basicallypops punching bag...:lol

marinoman
05-02-2017, 04:52 PM
Like that Washington post article said criticizing pop "blaming lee for defensive miscues is like giving a kid a cookie and blaming him for eating it"

spursistan
05-02-2017, 04:56 PM
Bonner gave LMA Pop's sextape before he retired
It is just weird man..You could feel it, in-game or in interviews, Pop is literally walking on eggshells when it comes to dealing with the most under-performing player on the team: No eye contact, mincing his words, subject-evading retorts etc..It is the elephant in the room; Pop has failed to get into this dude--not that I'm pinning any big hopes on him in the first place..

RD2191
05-02-2017, 05:01 PM
Pop is done TBH. Beyond done. That was just straight up disrespectful to David Lee.

05-02-2017, 05:03 PM
It is just weird man..You could feel it, in-game or in interviews, Pop is literally walking on eggshells when it comes to dealing with the most under-performing player on the team: No eye contact, mincing his words, subject-evading retorts etc..It is the elephant in the room; Pop has failed to get into this dude--not that I'm pinning any big hopes on him in the first place..
My (hopeful) thinking is, PATFO palns on shopping him and don't want to bring much attention to his under performing.

Clipper Nation
05-02-2017, 05:07 PM
I'm just surprised Poop's racist ass actually yelled at a white American player. I can only imagine how he'd have treated Lee if he was black.

DisAsTerBot
05-02-2017, 05:10 PM
Pop not yelling
St posters : poop is probably thinking about politics, you know things more important than just a game

Pop yells at players for defensive lapses
St posters : that's just disrespectful, he's done

coachmac87
05-02-2017, 05:57 PM
It was 15-6. Lee failed to close out on Harden in the corner!!!!

You gotta run these fuckers off the line and make them make plays..

DarrinS
05-02-2017, 06:04 PM
I'm just surprised Poop's racist ass actually yelled at a white American player. I can only imagine how he'd have treated Lee if he was black.

You can say a lot of things about Pop, but not this.

gospursgojas
05-02-2017, 06:06 PM

What media member will have the guts to ask Pop about LMA and actually hold him accountable to a real answer?

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-02-2017, 07:10 PM
It was 15-6. Lee failed to close out on Harden in the corner!!!!

You gotta run these fuckers off the line and make them make plays..

Lee was on him tight, he just put his arm down for a second and it was all Harden needed.

Meanwhile, Aldridge was giving it up at both ends easier than a virgin on prom night.

Pop's an asshole - I guess he faulted Lee for not being able to guard his man and Aldridge's.

coachmac87
05-02-2017, 07:17 PM
Lee was on him tight, he just put his arm down for a second and it was all Harden needed.

Meanwhile, Aldridge was giving it up at both ends easier than a virgin on prom night.

Pop's an asshole - I guess he faulted Lee for not being able to guard his man and Aldridge's.

No he faulted Lee because he didn't close out on the corner 3...that's a must.

DMC
05-02-2017, 07:22 PM
No he faulted Lee because he didn't close out on the corner 3...that's a must.

Westbrook never contests 3s and he's going to win an MVP.

Seventyniner
05-02-2017, 07:57 PM
Westbrook never contests 3s and he's going to win an MVP.

He's also out in the first round.

GSH
05-02-2017, 09:23 PM
Pop is done TBH. Beyond done. That was just straight up disrespectful to David Lee.

I commented on it in the game thread. Screaming at Lee like that, after all these years saying he expects these guys to be professionals. After sticking Bertans in his doghouse for being emotional. Even calling out fans because he doesn't like the way they think or act. He ought to bench himself for that dumbshit stunt.

Lee sucks but it almost felt like Pop wanted him to fail so bad. :lmao

Lee doesn't suck. He's not a center. He's not cut out to be a defensive anchor in the middle. He's damn good for what he is. Pop just tried to force him into a role he isn't suited for.

Not to be a broken record, but I said this shit was going to happen the day they signed Lee, and I took a whole bunch of shit for it. I like the guy. I'm even glad he's on the team. But he's not suited for that role. But it's EXACTLY what I said was going to happen, come playoff time. Including Pop forcing him to try and be a true C, just like West/Diaw last year.

SAGirl
05-02-2017, 09:31 PM
Not to be a broken record, but I said this shit was going to happen the day they signed Lee, and I took a whole bunch of shit for it. I like the guy. I'm even glad he's on the team. But he's not suited for that role. But it's EXACTLY what I said was going to happen, come playoff time. Including Pop forcing him to try and be a true C, just like West/Diaw last year.

And his lack of shooting and the bad spacing is present with him there. a shame really. the playoffs expose all wrinkles and flaws. Pop didn't expose anything on the Rockets. I don't think he took away anything.

GSH
05-02-2017, 09:55 PM
And his lack of shooting and the bad spacing is present with him there. a shame really. the playoffs expose all wrinkles and flaws. Pop didn't expose anything on the Rockets. I don't think he took away anything.

West played his whole career at the 4. Pop force him to play the C, and people went ape-shit crazy about how "bad" he was. Lee played the C for two seasons, with the weak-assed Knicks, when the East was mostly a doormat conference - and they never made the playoffs. In Golden State, he was almost exclusively a PF, and he benefitted a ton from the wide-open game they played there. He's not a C, he's not a C, he's not a fucking C. Sticking him in as a center against a playoff-caliber opponent was a recipe for disaster.

Lee would actually look a hell of a lot better as a PF, with a legit center on the floor with him. Understand why he was the starting C last night, and you'll understand why I said from the beginning that this team was a second-round exit, because they are too weak at the 1 and the 5.

SAGirl
05-02-2017, 10:01 PM
West played his whole career at the 4. Pop force him to play the C, and people went ape-shit crazy about how "bad" he was. Lee played the C for two seasons, with the weak-assed Knicks, when the East was mostly a doormat conference - and they never made the playoffs. In Golden State, he was almost exclusively a PF, and he benefitted a ton from the wide-open game they played there. He's not a C, he's not a C, he's not a fucking C. Sticking him in as a center against a playoff-caliber opponent was a recipe for disaster.

Lee would actually look a hell of a lot better as a PF, with a legit center on the floor with him. Understand why he was the starting C last night, and you'll understand why I said from the beginning that this team was a second-round exit, because they are too weak at the 1 and the 5.
which makes no sense with having spent 15 mill to get Gasol really. At least at the center spot in theory they could be better.
Pop didn't start Lee for most of the RS even when Gasol got injured, there are flaws there and he knows it, so why now? BC Gasol looks like he isn't even trying sometimes, and Dedmon got exposed and he has no tolerance for it.
Maybe they do get it together. I think second round is where things were going to get difficult and it has. I'd still like Spurs to win in 6 as I predicted (or 7) but if they don't, they have no business facing what's next anyways...

sasaint
05-02-2017, 10:10 PM
What media member will have the guts to ask Pop about LMA and actually hold him accountable to a real answer?

None... ever.

DMC
05-02-2017, 10:12 PM
He's also out in the first round.

So? If not contesting the 3 makes you a bad player, why is Russell MVP?

hater
05-02-2017, 11:07 PM
I will
Play devils advocate here

Pop has been doing this for years. Its worked for him as he has 5 rings, a HOF spot and the reigns for team USA

Why would
He even think twice about changin?

Just so a bunch of fat greasy assholes in a web forum can watch a couple
More games before whaling their fat asses to the nearest beach?

GSH
05-02-2017, 11:16 PM
I will

Pop has been doing this for years. Its worked for him as he has 5 rings, a HOF spot and the reigns for team USA

Why would

Well if you're playing devil's advocate, I'm going to play... something else.

We're talking about having a 6'6" guy playing center in the damn playoffs. And Pop HASN'T been doing that for years. He tried to force West into being a C last year. How did that work out for him? You can say that Pop is limited by the players he has on the roster. Some of that is his own fault. None of it is David Lee's fault. He's the same player he has been for his whole career. A little older, but still does mostly the same things.

DMC
05-02-2017, 11:27 PM
I will

Why would

"Think twice" is something related to deciding to do something. You used it to mean not thinking about it at all.

hater
05-02-2017, 11:30 PM
"Think twice" is something related to deciding to do something. You used it to mean not thinking about it at all.

Nope he thought about it and decided not to change. He wont think twice about it

hater
05-02-2017, 11:31 PM

We're talking about having a 6'6" guy playing center in the damn playoffs. And Pop HASN'T been doing that for years. He tried to force West into being a C last year. How did that work out for him? You can say that Pop is limited by the players he has on the roster. Some of that is his own fault. None of it is David Lee's fault. He's the same player he has been for his whole career. A little older, but still does mostly the same things.

I was referring to his demeanor and yelling at his players. He wont change that

DMC
05-02-2017, 11:39 PM
Nope he thought about it and decided not to change. He wont think twice about it

not think twice

C1 to do something immediately, without considering if it is a good idea:
They didn't think twice about laying off hundreds of employees.

The"decided" would be the 2nd "think". If he thought about it, and didn't think again, he would have done it. So he did think twice.

GSH
05-02-2017, 11:40 PM
I was referring to his demeanor and yelling at his players. He wont change that

Oh, shit, I missed it. Yeah, he's been doing that for years. OMG - there was a time when he yelled at Danny for everything that went wrong on the court. It was almost comical at times.

LOL... I just didn't realize that's how he won 5 Championships. All these years, and it was right under my nose. My whole Tim Duncan theory just got shot to hell, I guess. :lol

SnakeBoy
05-03-2017, 12:20 AM
Just curious why has he never shown this fire trying to coach up the biggest p***y on the team? why does he never tear into Laramarcus Garbidge like he does when the Big3, Kawhi and Green are stinking it up ? Why this kid gloves treatment for a career loser?

Pop rips into a player to send a message to the whole team. He only does it to guys he knows are emotionally strong enough to take it.

Dingle Barry
05-03-2017, 01:42 AM
Pop knows LMA's heart would burst if he ever raised his voice at LMA.

polandprzem
05-03-2017, 07:18 AM
Hehe Get your ass out is funny...

Let's see if Pop gonna start somebody else then Lee. I highly doubt that. If LMA still gonna be outlayed by guards inside I'd rather see Ded Lee combo there.

TampaDude
05-03-2017, 07:33 AM
Can't go to Timmy anymore, Pop...time to hang it up.

JFK
05-03-2017, 07:44 AM

Don Harris, oh wait..

Brazil
05-03-2017, 08:49 AM
Tony Parker 2002-2004 was basicallypops punching bag...:lol

It lasted more than 2 years tbh...

PopTheGOAT
05-03-2017, 08:50 AM
Put in a position to fail, then when he does, yell at him. Genius Pop. David Lee isn't the the guy to start vs HOU, it's Dedmon. I don't know if it could be more obvious, tbh. But Dedmon got 2 techs :cry He can't play in Gm 2 so he can learn his lesson :cry

tmtcsc
05-03-2017, 10:21 AM
I think Pop said "Sit your ass down". He didn't want Lee to switch on the play. You can see him saying "That's not your job" at the end of his tirade. For him to be that pissed - you have to believe its been a repeated mistake. I think Lee did the same thing later in the game and when he switched, the guy he was supposed to stay with got a dunk out of it.

bklynspursfan
05-03-2017, 11:25 AM
Pop not yelling
St posters : poop is probably thinking about politics, you know things more important than just a game

Pop yells at players for defensive lapses
St posters : that's just disrespectful, he's done

Exactly :lol

rastaspur
05-03-2017, 11:50 AM

We're talking about having a 6'6" guy playing center in the damn playoffs. My guess was 6'5. And Pop HASN'T been doing that for years. He tried to force West into being a C last year. How did that work out for him? You can say that Pop is limited by the players he has on the roster. Some of that is his own fault. None of it is David Lee's fault. He's the same player he has been for his whole career. A little older, but still does mostly the same things.

I met david lee at a bar in gainesville back in 2004. He seriously is no taller than 6'6. I have a relative who is a legit 6'11. But he downplays it and says he is 6'7. Guess his height embarasses him. He makes david lee look like isiah thomas.

David lee is an inch taller than I am. He has no business playing center.

SAGirl
05-03-2017, 11:53 AM
I think Pop said "Sit your ass down". He didn't want Lee to switch on the play. You can see him saying "That's not your job" at the end of his tirade. For him to be that pissed - you have to believe its been a repeated mistake. I think Lee did the same thing later in the game and when he switched, the guy he was supposed to stay with got a dunk out of it.
This... ^
He clearly wasn't executing what the plan was.

-21-
05-03-2017, 06:22 PM
Pop rips into a player to send a message to the whole team. He only does it to guys he knows are emotionally strong enough to take it.

Exactly