PDA

View Full Version : 15-year-old Jordan Edwards was trying to leave a house party. Then police killed him.

RandomGuy
05-02-2017, 05:45 PM
https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--P1T5jQPV--/c_scale,fl_progressive,q_80,w_800/xicunia5pukoksyqo3l0.png

Jordan Edwards, 15, was trying to leave a house party that had gotten out of control on Saturday. But the black teenager would never get home that night — because, as he sat in a car, a police officer shot and killed him.

Police in Balch Springs, Texas, a majority-minority Dallas suburb, claim there was an altercation with the vehicle. Edwards, who was unarmed, was sitting in the front passenger’s seat, with four other unarmed teens, including Edwards’s brother, in the car, according to family attorney Lee Merritt.

A cop responding to the scene shot at the car with a rifle. A bullet broke through the front passenger’s window and hit Edwards. Shortly after, Edwards was rushed to a hospital, where he died from gunshot injuries. No officers were injured in the incident.

Balch Springs Police Chief Jonathan Haber originally said the car backed up toward responding officers “in an aggressive manner.”

After his original statement, however, Haber said that he “misspoke.” He clarified that the car was in fact driving away from officers, not toward them. He added, “After reviewing video, I don’t believe that it [the shooting] met our core values.”

The officer who shot Edwards, whose name has yet to be released, is on administrative leave pending an investigation.

https://www.vox.com/identities/2017/5/1/15499996/jordan-edwards-police-shooting-texas-balch-springs

Unarmed kid was shot with a rifle, by the police, while sitting in the passenger seat.

TeyshaBlue
05-02-2017, 06:19 PM
Yeah... That was horrible. The chief is already throwing the officer under the bus saying his account and the body camera video conflict significantly. That asshole is going down.

TeyshaBlue
05-02-2017, 06:20 PM
http://www.wfaa.com/mb/news/balch-springs-police-to-hold-news-conference-at-630-pm/436130282

UNT Eagles 2016
05-02-2017, 07:37 PM
Balch Springs is a dump. Been through there once and won't go back again. Just demolish that ghetto craphole already.

boutons_deux
05-02-2017, 09:22 PM
black lives dont matter to cops

pgardn
05-02-2017, 09:31 PM

How do you want to even the score?

Chucho
05-02-2017, 09:33 PM

"if you disagree with us, your life doesn't matter"

Spurminator
05-02-2017, 09:33 PM
Very sad. Kid must have been an absolute angel seeing as the usual suspects haven't dredged up Facebook photos of him posing like a thug.

Credit to the Chief for being transparent instead of covering for the murderer.

Chucho
05-02-2017, 09:34 PM

Go full on blackface and find out.

Chucho
05-02-2017, 09:35 PM
They got him for being black on a Friday night.

Probably a racist Demo Jim Crow law from the late 60's that never came off the books.

pgardn
05-02-2017, 09:43 PM
Go full on blackface and find out.

^

Boots...

This is you on the other side.

Chucho
05-02-2017, 09:53 PM
^

Boots...

This is you on the other side.

Mhmm. Don't kill your one victory. Horseflesh is a fave here, but for someone who barely gets their shine one here, revel in it, don't kill it.

pgardn
05-02-2017, 10:30 PM
Mhmm. Don't kill your one victory. Horseflesh is a fave here, but for someone who barely gets their shine one here, revel in it, don't kill it.

Thread.

I did not know. How about that...

There are no victories in this play, just realization.

Chucho
05-02-2017, 10:39 PM
Thread.

I did not know. How about that...

There are no victories in this play, just realization.

LOL, I like the approach, but still, you're pgardn.

The realization is you made a funny and are happy about it. Now you're killing it. The pseudo-sage reply isn't changing that. You're STILL pgardn.

pgardn
05-02-2017, 10:49 PM
LOL, I like the approach, but still, you're pgardn.

The realization is you made a funny and are happy about it. Now you're killing it. The pseudo-sage reply isn't changing that. You're STILL pgardn.

I had no intent of making a funny.
I just call em like I see em.

The realization is you and Boots are both on the extremes.
But you admire this because in your mind it somehow bathes you in stark honesty.
Now this, is funny.
And sad.

Trill Clinton
05-03-2017, 07:42 AM
Damn.

hater
05-03-2017, 07:52 AM
Blame it on the police academies and teaching cops to police neighborhoods like its the red zone in Baghdad

Its the entire police system and the leaders in there that continue to train officers as if tey are in a mlitary zone

You are in civilian zones you pieces of shit. This aint a favela in Rio where armored trucks are required. Act like humans

RandomGuy
05-03-2017, 09:42 AM

Police reform. Kid was killed by a cop with a rifle fer chrissakes. Do we really need a militarized police force?

RandomGuy
05-03-2017, 09:43 AM
Blame it on the police academies and teaching cops to police neighborhoods like its the red zone in Baghdad

Its the entire police system and the leaders in there that continue to train officers as if tey are in a mlitary zone

You are in civilian zones you pieces of shit. This aint a favela in Rio where armored trucks are required. Act like humans

Dammit, stop that. You are supposed to be a cartoonish caricature, with no really socially redeeming opinions.

Trill Clinton
05-03-2017, 06:47 PM
heartbreaking. Click here to support Jordan Edwards' Memorial Fund (https://www.youcaring.com/odellandcharmaineedwards-813738)
https://static.youcaring.com/api/uploads/fundraisers/813738/73546138-0c46-416d-8b9e-7e14990d6f54_profile.jpg

another kid but from the same corrupt police department

TSA
05-03-2017, 06:53 PM
I'd be okay with some rioting after this event.

boutons_deux
05-03-2017, 07:05 PM
Police reform. Kid was killed by a cop with a rifle fer chrissakes. Do we really need a militarized police force?

America is fucked and unfuckable

impossible to de-militarize, to "de-power" the cops. Posse comitatus? :lol

Jeff Sessions DoJ will make it all much worse