View Full Version : The best starting line-up

dabom
05-02-2017, 11:18 PM
Patty

Green

Kawhi

LMA

Dedman

I'll know Pop is serious if he throws out this lineup. And less Pau and more Bertans and Kyle.

FkLA
05-02-2017, 11:21 PM
Bertans-LMA imo

Fathead back-up 4 and Dedmon back-up 5.

GSH
05-02-2017, 11:22 PM
Patty

Green

Kawhi

LMA

Dedman

I'll know Pop is serious if he throws out this lineup. And less Pau and more Bertans and Kyle.

Pau was doing pretty good as a backup C, as long as he was knocking down 3's. Now he's even passing up wide open 3's. If your 7-footer is going to be standing 24 feet away from the basket, he better damned well be shooting 3's and making them.

GSH
05-02-2017, 11:24 PM
Bertans-LMA imo

Bertans back-up 4 and Dedmon back-up 5.

You really think LMA is going to play the 5? I don't see him doing it, and if Pop tries to force it, I don't see him banging like his size says he should. It would be nice, but I don't see it happening.

dabom
05-02-2017, 11:24 PM
Bertans-LMA imo

Bertans back-up 4 and Dedmon back-up 5.

Bertans can cut on offense. We need that. And he is mobile enough to stay on the perimeter than lee and gasol. It wont be a fucking crazy mismatch.

dabom
05-02-2017, 11:26 PM
Pau was doing pretty good as a backup C, as long as he was knocking down 3's. Now he's even passing up wide open 3's. If your 7-footer is going to be standing 24 feet away from the basket, he better damned well be shooting 3's and making them.

He's a defensive liability on defense. And he was shit last series. He deserves the least amount of time.

DMC
05-02-2017, 11:28 PM
Bertans has no business starting. Do you want the bench to come in and play slower?

DMC
05-02-2017, 11:29 PM
He's a defensive liability on defense. And he was shit last series. He deserves the least amount of time.
You copied that from the Department of Redundancy Department

dabom
05-02-2017, 11:30 PM
You copied that from the Department of Redundancy Department

:lol

FkLA
05-02-2017, 11:32 PM
Meant Fathead as back-up 4. Fixed.

GSH
05-02-2017, 11:35 PM

I can't argue with that. Especially when the Spurs are switching everything like they have been. Pau sure as hell doesn't have the foot speed to be ranging around that far from the basket. He is a defensive liability on defense. :lol

dabom
05-02-2017, 11:35 PM
And we can't have LMA defend and attack the basket. He doesn't have that much energy. He isn't doing both good because he is forced to do both. Let him create offense when Dedman is there and defend when he is the center.

GSH
05-02-2017, 11:36 PM
Bertans has no business starting. Do you want the bench to come in and play slower?

Meant Fathead as back-up 4. Fixed.

Well with Fathead starting, at least the bench wouldn't come in and be slower. :lol

So we'd have that going for us.

FkLA
05-02-2017, 11:41 PM
You really think LMA is going to play the 5? I don't see him doing it, and if Pop tries to force it, I don't see him banging like his size says he should. It would be nice, but I don't see it happening.

He's played it at times already. Alongside Lee, he's pretty much only a 4 in the boxscore. He's usually matched up with the bigger guy. He's been good at crashing the offensive boards and defensively, which is all I'd want out of him at the 5. No more isos for him, more 3s for Kawhi/Green/Bertans/Parker.

DAF86
05-02-2017, 11:44 PM

That's what he's doing now playing alongside Lee, tbh.

Ditty
05-02-2017, 11:57 PM
Our big guys can't even score in the paint. I'm not a fan of staying big if so David Lee better not be starting. Dedmon over Gasol, if Capela and Anderson are out there.

I rather have Bertans out there on Ariza. Give Ariza whatever he wants on the perimeter. He should come down to earth, hopefully.

GSH
05-02-2017, 11:59 PM
He's played it at times already. Alongside Lee, he's pretty much only a 4 in the boxscore. He's usually matched up with the bigger guy. He's been good at crashing the offensive boards and defensively, which is all I'd want out of him at the 5. No more isos for him, more 3s for Kawhi/Green/Bertans/Parker.

Yeah, I know what you're saying. It gets kind of fuzzy sometimes, who is actually playing what position.

The thing that annoys the shit out of me about Aldridge is that he doesn't do shit toward getting position in the low post. An NBA center has to be wiling to wrestle and root for position - they do a lot of their work early in the possession. Watch how many possessions LMA just gets moved further and further from the basket. And on the defensive end, he doesn't box out for shit. He's still pretty agile, and he's tall, and he gets his share of caroms. He may technically be playing AT the C, but for my money he doesn't play LIKE a C. That's really what I was talking about - him being willing to do C things.

My favorite is to watch them re-post Aldridge. He ALWAYS winds up taking the ball farther from the basket than he had been before. (Or so close to always that it doesn't matter.) It's a defender's wet dream. He gives up the ball, and "re-posts" farther out. That's what I mean about Aldridge. He just doesn't do C things.

That's what he's doing now playing alongside Lee, tbh.

Just what I was saying above. Lee isn't afraid to get in and root for position. He's not big enough to do it against true centers. And he's short, so it doesn't always matter if he does get position. But he fights under the basket, and he roots for position off the ball. LMA, not so much.

MaNu4Tres
05-03-2017, 12:03 AM
Spurs need to go to this rotation:

LA - Kawhi - Green - Simmons - Parker ( Starters)

Dedmon - Bertans - Kawhi/Green ( stagger) - Manu - Mills ( Bench)

Give Anderson some burn if Simmons is terrible.

No Lee, No Gasol

Snaq O'Meal
05-03-2017, 03:14 AM
Our big guys can't even score in the paint. I'm not a fan of staying big if so David Lee better not be starting. Dedmon over Gasol, if Capela and Anderson are out there.

I rather have Bertans out there on Ariza. Give Ariza whatever he wants on the perimeter. He should come down to earth, hopefully.

Dedmon isn't an option. Not because he matches up badly, but because he's in Poop's doghouse.

DeRozan m8
05-03-2017, 03:38 AM
Patty
Simmons
Kawhi
Bertans
Deadman

illusioNtEk
05-03-2017, 04:03 AM
Porker
Patty kills
KL
Softridge
Gasoft

Brazil
05-03-2017, 08:54 AM
Spurs need to go to this rotation:

LA - Kawhi - Green - Simmons - Parker ( Starters)

Dedmon - Bertans - Kawhi/Green ( stagger) - Manu - Mills ( Bench)

Give Anderson some burn if Simmons is terrible.

No Lee, No Gasol

I agree with that... play Kawhi at the 4 and go small

SAGirl
05-03-2017, 12:17 PM
Good point. I don't know what the heck was up with Pau passing up shots.. some of them ended up a TO.

r0drig0lac
05-03-2017, 03:24 PM
Kawhi
Green
Simmons
Bertans
Dedmon or LMA

gambit1990
05-03-2017, 03:34 PM
Kawhi
Green
Simmons
Bertans
Dedmon or LMA
hadn't thought of starting kawhi at the 1 this series. interesting idea.

dabom
05-03-2017, 03:41 PM
hadn't thought of starting kawhi at the 1 this series. interesting idea.

He already is the pg. :lol