PDA

View Full Version : Houston scored every single point on either an FT, a three-pointer, or layup...

Amuseddaysleeper
05-03-2017, 09:56 AM
:lol:lol

FlAVaK
05-03-2017, 10:05 AM
That is not a freethrow :rolleyes

MaNu4Tres
05-03-2017, 10:15 AM
:lol:lol

Back in my online NBA2K days from 05-10', that is what my shot chart would like. I'd start Manu, Finley, Bowen, Horry, Duncan and murder folks lol. Spread 1-5 PnR for layups/dunks or open 3's all day.

Got up to 5th overall in the world online playing the game that way.. tbh..

The defense was a monster though too

tmtcsc
05-03-2017, 10:15 AM
That's what they do.

tmtcsc
05-03-2017, 10:16 AM

:toast Damn, that's hardcore gaming right there.

in2deep
05-03-2017, 10:17 AM
gQqJ68IXt98

MaNu4Tres
05-03-2017, 10:17 AM
:toast Damn, that's hardcore gaming right there.

I played 2-3 hours a day lol. Early 20's .. had the time. Haven't played in years.

apalisoc_9
05-03-2017, 10:22 AM
Back in my online NBA2K days from 05-10', that is what my shot chart would like. I'd start Manu, Finley, Bowen, Horry, Duncan and murder folks lol. Spread 1-5 PnR for layups/dunks or open 3's all day.

Holy shit. I stopped playing 2k17 a few months. It gets boring and I am not Cards etc. Will most likely buy 2k18.

5th overall id hardcore. Everytime I buy a new edition, for 2-3 months I play for like an hour. Made it to hall of fame but I always end up getting relegated.

Man if you play 2k now, Kawhi is virtually unstoppble. He's the best player in 2k...Also, you don't have to worry about Pussy Aldridge taking fadeaway Jumpers. You can post up him against human enemy and if you use it sparringly..You'd go 8-8 or something.

:lol

tmtcsc
05-03-2017, 10:24 AM
I played 2-3 hours a day lol. Early 20's .. had the time. Haven't played in years.

Lol, I played Madden quite a bit back in the day, but after my son was born - that was the end of it.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
05-03-2017, 10:27 AM
In FIFA 14 I peaked as the #6 goaltender in the world

Amuseddaysleeper
05-03-2017, 10:33 AM
Holy shit. I stopped playing 2k17 a few months. It gets boring and I am not Cards etc. Will most likely buy 2k18.

5th overall id hardcore. Everytime I buy a new edition, for 2-3 months I play for like an hour. Made it to hall of fame but I always end up getting relegated.

Man if you play 2k now, Kawhi is virtually unstoppble. He's the best player in 2k...Also, you don't have to worry about Pussy Aldridge taking fadeaway Jumpers. You can post up him against human enemy and if you use it sparringly..You'd go 8-8 or something.

How do you feel about the shot timing this year in NBA 2K? I play a decent amount of 2K every year on the PS4 but this year's shot timing/release on jumpshots (and now they've frustratingly added it on layups as well) has been pretty frustrating.

But then again, 2K17 is the 2K I have played the least.

Amuseddaysleeper
05-03-2017, 10:34 AM

Wow :wow that's crazy!

rastaspur
05-03-2017, 10:43 AM
I havent played a video game in 10 years. Wish I had free time to play but its just not possible nowadays. The real world is a bitch. I cant pay my bills or mortgage with my nba2k rating.

apalisoc_9
05-03-2017, 10:44 AM
How do you feel about the shot timing this year in NBA 2K? I play a decent amount of 2K every year on the PS4 but this year's shot timing/release on jumpshots (and now they've frustratingly added it on layups as well) has been pretty frustrating.

But then again, 2K17 is the 2K I have played the least.

It's just different. Takes time to get used to it though. I really struggled with Green initially....

The bigger issue with 2k17 is that they haven't fixed some AI issues. Non shooting bigs camping in the three point line, midrange bigs popping in the three point line, AI defense uneccecary help defense, super slow play and set buildup...like if you call a horns set..good luck going through option three if the first option is guarded. Its anightmare sometimes.

Its been like what..8 ps3-ps4 iterration and this hasn't been fixed. But maybe its just the technology.

Amuseddaysleeper
05-03-2017, 10:45 AM
I havent played a video game in 10 years. Wish I had free time to play but its just not possible nowadays. The real world is a bitch. I cant pay my bills or mortgage with my nba2k rating.

You can play 2K professionally and sign up for cash tournaments that have some decent payouts.

The question is...ARE YOU WILLING TO PUT IN THE TIME

apalisoc_9
05-03-2017, 10:49 AM
You can play 2K professionally and sign up for cash tournaments that have some decent payouts.

Not just time..you probably need to have real 2k talent. You need to be good at exploiting the deficienices in the game.

Can't be classy in these kind of tournaments.

I swear there's always that Kid that beats me with three point baragges. Like semi-contested three balls.

You can't even control the pzce even if you wanted to...

Amuseddaysleeper
05-03-2017, 10:50 AM
It's just different. Takes time to get used to it though. I really struggled with Green initially....

The bigger issue with 2k17 is that they haven't fixed some AI issues. Non shooting bigs camping in the three point line, midrange bigs popping in the three point line, AI defense uneccecary help defense, super slow play and set buildup...like if you call a horns set..good luck going through option three if the first option is guarded. Its anightmare sometimes.

Its been like what..8 ps3-ps4 iterration and this hasn't been fixed. But maybe its just the technology.

Yeah same here, Green's shot release is brutal. I totally agree on the AI issues.

rastaspur
05-03-2017, 10:59 AM

I am not. Dont think I would win.

rastaspur
05-03-2017, 11:00 AM
I will enter a double drible tournament and shoot the corner three all game. Its unstoppable.

I bet 2/3's of posters in here have never played the old nintendo games. Makes me feel old.

Amuseddaysleeper
05-03-2017, 11:11 AM
I will enter a double drible tournament and shoot the corner three all game. Its unstoppable.

I bet 2/3's of posters in here have never played the old nintendo games. Makes me feel old.

The first basketball game I ever played that Bulls vs Blazers game on SNES. I was very young but it was crazy to see full on 5 on 5 basketball with proper rosters.

Crazy to see how far video games have come over the years.

UZER
05-03-2017, 11:13 AM
If you can't cover both, then at least take one away dammit! Pack the paint and let them keep shooting 3s, or overplay the 3 and force them to drive without helping so you don't give up a 3 on a kick out.

When you let them do both, they play free and in rhythm. If you take one away, sure your giving something up, but at least it will force them out of their comfort zone.

NameLess Scrub
05-03-2017, 11:30 AM

Aldridge should watch himself play NBA2k.

baseline bum
05-03-2017, 12:18 PM

Bulls vs Blazers on SNES has a spot like that about 40 feet from the rim where the AI wouldn't guard and you could hit the three almost every time. If you played on 12 minute quarters you could score 400 points a game shooting that shot every time down the floor.

UNT Eagles 2016
05-03-2017, 12:33 PM
Lol, I played Madden quite a bit back in the day, but after my son was born - that was the end of it.

Too bad for you, but hope others reading this across the nation can learn from your mistake. The ultimate time consumer -- let me never screw up like that.

hater
05-03-2017, 12:37 PM
Too bad for you, but hope others reading this across the nation can learn from your mistake. The ultimate time consumer -- let me never screw up like that.

True but those wastes of times eventually can serve you beer while you watch the game while consoles cant do that.

apalisoc_9
05-03-2017, 12:37 PM
But yeah Video games have come a long way.. Imagine in 1997...Imagine your 1997 brain getting time travelled to 2017..Mind would probably explode. :lol

apalisoc_9
05-03-2017, 12:39 PM
True but those wastes of times eventually can serve you beer while you watch the game while consoles cant do that.

Yup. Also someone to take care of you when you're as senile as Pop.

Provided they were raised in a non-western way. My uncle who has a great Job takes care of my grandfather everyday. :lol

Arcadian
05-03-2017, 12:39 PM

That's what everyone's shot chart looks like, tbh...I'm one of the rare few who actually uses midrange and postups in 2K :lol

I made top 20 back in 2K5, but 2K17 is actually my favorite one in years. Just recently made it to GOAT tier online.

05-03-2017, 12:44 PM
That is not a freethrow :rolleyes

SpursforSix
05-03-2017, 12:53 PM
:pop: Video games are gay.

UNT Eagles 2016
05-03-2017, 01:59 PM

That's almost as awkward as having a daughter who fellates you

UNT Eagles 2016
05-03-2017, 01:59 PM
:pop: Video games are gay.

If he said that, he'd probably be complimenting video games, because he's a huge fan of gays.

boutons_deux
05-03-2017, 02:07 PM
The Spurs Got Moneyballed Monday Night

Over the years, no team has been more influenced by advanced statistics and analytics than Houston, and you see it in how they have constructed their roster and how they apply it to strategy.

Their roster is filled with outside shooters and guys who can finish at the rim because, statistically speaking, the most efficient shots a team can take are either right at the basket (due to their high probability of going in) or behind the three-point line (three points are more than two).

It’s an economist’s approach to the sport that some call “Moreyball”, named after Houston’s general manager, Daryl Morey.

This is all common knowledge around the NBA at this point, and most teams have embraced it one way or another.

In the 2016-17 season, the league saw its highest amount of three-pointers made in its history, but it was

the Rockets who were still ahead of the pack, breaking the record for most threes ever in a season (http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/rockets-break-single-season-nba-3-point-record-but-how-long-will-it-last/).

http://www.sacurrent.com/the-daily/archives/2017/05/02/the-spurs-got-moneyballed-monday-night

Rox hit 22 3Gs.

Pop did not prepare the Spurs to stay with the 3G shooters?

He did it years ago against the Suns.

illusioNtEk
05-03-2017, 04:31 PM
recently grew out of video games but when I used to play Danny Green makes every single 3 pointer all the time.... not so much anymore

tmtcsc
05-03-2017, 07:51 PM

Lol, not to get too sappy.. but having a child was and always will be the greatest thing that ever happened to me...