PDA

View Full Version : LaMarcus is the worst jump shooter in the playoffs at 32% FG and 0% 3pt FG

in2deep
05-03-2017, 10:00 AM
even more alarming facts :wow

Last year, LaMarcus averaged 39.5 points per game on 75 percent shooting during the first two games of the Spurs-Thunder second-round series. He even nearly single-handedly won Game 2 for the Spurs, pouring in 13 points in the final three and a half minutes (the Spurs wound up losing by one). So this is what we know: He can be great. He can be dominant. He can be unbelievable.
Here’s the other thing we know, though: Ever since then, LaMarcus Aldridge has been just a big bag of hair. The Spurs have played 11 playoff games since that Game 2 showing. In those games, he’s:

Averaged 15.9 points per game. (And he hasn’t scored 25 points even once.)
Shot just 41.9 percent from the field.
Averaged less than 8 rebounds a game. (I’d like to remind you that he’s 6-foot-11.)
Averaged less than one block per game. (I’d like to remind you again that he’s 6-foot-11.)
Averaged only 1.3 assists per game.
And somehow he’s been even worse at home (13.4 points per game on 35.8 percent shooting, less than 7 rebounds a game).

Would you like some more LaMarcus stuff? I have some more LaMarcus stuff. Here:

LaMarcus is the worst jump shooter in the playoffs among all players who’ve taken at least 50 shots (http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/tiny.fcgi?id=Pi4BQ).
LaMarcus made as many shots (2) as he had turnovers during Game 1 of the Rockets-Spurs series. (I’ll take this moment to point out that he’s making over $20 million this season.)
LaMarcus was a minus-36 in Game 1 of the Rockets-Spurs series, a remarkable stat that’s even more unbelievable when you realize he played only 25 minutes. (I’ll take this moment to point out that he still has two more years on his contract with the Spurs.)
If we look at every player who’s played a minimum of 1,000 playoff minutes since the invention of the 3-point line, nobody has had a greater decline from regular-season box plus/minus to playoff box plus/minus than LaMarcus. The five worst scores are LaMarcus (minus-2.2), Kenny Anderson (minus-2.0), Marvin Williams (minus-2.0), Nicolas Batum (minus-1.9), and then Karl Malone and Tyrone Hill (minus-1.8).
(The above stat was first pointed out by Krishna Narsu using Basketball-Reference (https://twitter.com/knarsu3/status/859273604843876352). It’s been updated to include LaMarcus’s Game 1 performance from Monday night.)
(If you get spun around by advanced analytics like box plus/minus, which happens to me often, just know that basically all it’s saying here is that he has been really bad in the playoffs compared to the regular season.)

https://theringer.com/2017-nba-playoffs-lamarcus-aldridge-san-antonio-spurs-132c69008a4e

Amuseddaysleeper
05-03-2017, 10:01 AM
One of the worst Spurs signings of the decade. It would be foolish to give him anything more than 12 million a year moving forward, and even then I'd rather the Spurs focus on their backcourt and wing players.

in2deep
05-03-2017, 10:12 AM

in2deep
05-03-2017, 10:14 AM
Javale McGee Salary: 1.4 million

Lamarcus Aldridge Salary: 20 million

apalisoc_9
05-03-2017, 10:23 AM
Bad shooting...let me fadeaway against Ryan Anderson.

SAGirl
05-03-2017, 10:27 AM
The obvious: Spurs are in a terrible place with Lamarcus playing like that and may have two choices: use him as a roleplayer from now on and move on to a more egalitarian distribution of shots (still a very uphill scenario, but you have a chance that someone else catches fire and helps you. In the first round those were Patty Mills in game 5 and Tony in game 6) or you continue to try to feed him (you may go home early, or all of sudden he progresses to his mean and gives you a few spectacular games.)
I can't tell which way it goes... but considering he's paid $20 mill I think Pop continues to try to get him hot.

in2deep
05-03-2017, 10:29 AM
in round 1 at least he contributed in the defensive end

vs rockets so far hes been the worst defender on the floor

sadly I don't see his defense improving. He cannot move his feet and feels in an island when Anderson gets the ball in the 3pt land or when he gets switched with Harden

that won't improve

what has to improve is his offense. If he cannot post up Ryan Anderson he needs to tell Pop and sit himself on the bench for the rest of the series

SAGirl
05-03-2017, 10:38 AM
If he cannot post up Ryan Anderson he needs to tell Pop and sit himself on the bench for the rest of the series
That is a good point. In twitter media was saying if he cannot post up Ryan Anderson he needs to be playing in China. :lol
\

MultiTroll
05-03-2017, 10:49 AM
Will Popped bench LMA?

Pop treats everyone the same.

You have to play defense with Pop.

If you are not physical Pop will bench you.

....on the next episode of MythBusters.

urunobili
05-03-2017, 12:36 PM
Thought that Manu was the very worst...

SAGirl
05-03-2017, 12:42 PM
Thought that Manu was the very worst...
:lol
good one.

they do say ... for someone taking over 50 jumpshots. Manu's low usage takes him out of the list.

Yuixafun
05-03-2017, 12:54 PM
He needs to have Lion King moment, where Mufasa comes out of the clouds and tells him.... You have forgotten me, you have forgotten who you are... remember... remember.

At this point it's a little past xs and os.

Pop needs to take a page out rhe Zenmeisters book and send Lamarcus to the Palladium with his son and watch the Lion King in 3d.

That's gotta stir something. Kawhi too. No disprespect.

SpursforSix
05-03-2017, 01:03 PM
He needs to have Lion King moment, where Mufasa comes out of the clouds and tells him.... You have forgotten me, you have forgotten who you are... remember... remember.

At this point it's a little past xs and os.

Pop needs to take a page out rhe Zenmeisters book and send Lamarcus to the Palladium with his son and watch the Lion King in 3d.

That's gotta stir something. Kawhi too. No disprespect.

:pop: LMA is the stew that can't be stirred. His head's not right. Either that or he just sucks.

A 6'11" streak shooter that can't score in the paint.

Sigz
05-03-2017, 01:04 PM
He's old.

He's soft.

He's a mental midget.

He's DONE.

spursistan
05-03-2017, 04:06 PM
even more alarming facts :wow

Last year, LaMarcus averaged 39.5 points per game on 75 percent shooting during the first two games of the Spurs-Thunder second-round series. He even nearly single-handedly won Game 2 for the Spurs, pouring in 13 points in the final three and a half minutes (the Spurs wound up losing by one). So this is what we know: He can be great. He can be dominant. He can be unbelievable.
Here’s the other thing we know, though: Ever since then, LaMarcus Aldridge has been just a big bag of hair. The Spurs have played 11 playoff games since that Game 2 showing. In those games, he’s:

Averaged 15.9 points per game. (And he hasn’t scored 25 points even once.)
Shot just 41.9 percent from the field.
Averaged less than 8 rebounds a game. (I’d like to remind you that he’s 6-foot-11.)
Averaged less than one block per game. (I’d like to remind you again that he’s 6-foot-11.)
Averaged only 1.3 assists per game.
And somehow he’s been even worse at home (13.4 points per game on 35.8 percent shooting, less than 7 rebounds a game).

Would you like some more LaMarcus stuff? I have some more LaMarcus stuff. Here:

LaMarcus is the worst jump shooter in the playoffs among all players who’ve taken at least 50 shots (http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/tiny.fcgi?id=Pi4BQ).
LaMarcus made as many shots (2) as he had turnovers during Game 1 of the Rockets-Spurs series. (I’ll take this moment to point out that he’s making over $20 million this season.)
LaMarcus was a minus-36 in Game 1 of the Rockets-Spurs series, a remarkable stat that’s even more unbelievable when you realize he played only 25 minutes. (I’ll take this moment to point out that he still has two more years on his contract with the Spurs.)
If we look at every player who’s played a minimum of 1,000 playoff minutes since the invention of the 3-point line, nobody has had a greater decline from regular-season box plus/minus to playoff box plus/minus than LaMarcus. The five worst scores are LaMarcus (minus-2.2), Kenny Anderson (minus-2.0), Marvin Williams (minus-2.0), Nicolas Batum (minus-1.9), and then Karl Malone and Tyrone Hill (minus-1.8).
(The above stat was first pointed out by Krishna Narsu using Basketball-Reference (https://twitter.com/knarsu3/status/859273604843876352). It’s been updated to include LaMarcus’s Game 1 performance from Monday night.)
(If you get spun around by advanced analytics like box plus/minus, which happens to me often, just know that basically all it’s saying here is that he has been really bad in the playoffs compared to the regular season.)

https://theringer.com/2017-nba-playoffs-lamarcus-aldridge-san-antonio-spurs-132c69008a4e

Holy cow those numbers :lmao

rastaspur
05-03-2017, 04:08 PM

Wow

RD2191
05-03-2017, 04:11 PM
Damn

look_at_g_shred
05-03-2017, 04:14 PM
Sigh..Man I had high hopes for LMA. I feel bad for the guy tbh. So much talent but doesn't know how to use it. I really wish when he catches the ball that he just power dribbles into the paint and score at the basket.

spurtech09
05-03-2017, 04:18 PM
LMA will have a solid game tonight.

look_at_g_shred
05-03-2017, 04:50 PM

UNT Eagles 2016
05-03-2017, 04:54 PM
The obvious: Spurs are in a terrible place with Lamarcus playing like that and may have two choices: use him as a roleplayer from now on and move on to a more egalitarian distribution of shots (still a very uphill scenario, but you have a chance that someone else catches fire and helps you. In the first round those were Patty Mills in game 5 and Tony in game 6) or you continue to try to feed him (you may go home early, or all of sudden he progresses to his mean and gives you a few spectacular games.)
I can't tell which way it goes... but considering he's paid $20 mill I think Pop continues to try to get him hot.

The best option remains to dump it to Leonard and only use Aldridge as a finisher at the rim/wide open spot up shooter. Just like Blair, NEVER pass the ball to Aldridge when he has a man on him.

-21-
05-03-2017, 05:51 PM
Sigh..Man I had high hopes for LMA. I feel bad for the guy tbh. So much talent but doesn't know how to use it. I really wish when he catches the ball that he just power dribbles into the paint and score at the basket.

Agreed. He can be a force if he threw his weight around but he either doesn't know how to or doesn't want to. I think it's the latter considering he doesn't want to play center.

BTW, I could be wrong, but defensively he's looked pretty solid. I mean he's closing out, challenging shots, and protecting the rim to best of his ability. Obviously he gets burned in the pick and roll but we already expected that.

hater
05-03-2017, 07:27 PM
Lamar needs 21 pints to even average 10ppg this series

Damn

hater
05-04-2017, 12:39 PM
Lmao Steven A and the white tool just shredded Lamar

"Told you theres an APB out on that guy"

"6 10 Power Forward fleeing the scene!"

:lmao