PDA

View Full Version : Woj: I think Aldridge's future in San Antonio is riding on how he responds right now

TD 21
05-03-2017, 04:50 PM
Spurs-Rockets talk starts at 25:10 . . .

https://art19.com/shows/vertical/episodes/3b76efd5-18ef-4cf6-a3e5-424ba6026599

Spurs9
05-03-2017, 04:58 PM
If he doesn't have some monster games hes gonna be traded tbh

apalisoc_9
05-03-2017, 05:03 PM
I guess WOJ and Lowe knows Jackie Mcmullen's reports werent just straight out of her ass.

I knew there was some sort of legitimacy on her reports.

Every credible scoop guy..Woj etc have subtley said something about lamarcuw trade. The spurs had offers this year. They didnt take it.

Nathan89
05-03-2017, 05:07 PM
Not sure if I want him to play well to regain some trade value or play bad so he can get the boot.

coachmac87
05-03-2017, 05:09 PM
Oh so y'all gonna take this to the bank but blow off his comments on going after CP3 in the offseason??
:lol

spursistan
05-03-2017, 05:13 PM
The clock is ticking..I think he is definitely gone if they lose the series-- and yeah they will probably settle for a quarter or less on the dollar when shopping him.

The only scenario in which they'll delay the roster restructuring another year is if they make it to WCF AND be somewhat competitive in games vs Golden State-- these Aldridge 11pts/5rebs games ensure they won't.

MultiTroll
05-03-2017, 05:14 PM
Not sure if I want him to play well to regain some trade value or play bad so he can get the boot.
Right in between.
Stay out of the teams way but play well in a minor role to maintain trade value.

davidbowie
05-03-2017, 05:22 PM
yall crazy if you think LMA isnt going ham tonight

which of these should i bet on??

http://i.imgur.com/L5ldudU.png

spursistan
05-03-2017, 05:30 PM
I guess WOJ and Lowe knows Jackie Mcmullen's reports werent just straight out of her ass.

I knew there was some sort of legitimacy on her reports.

Every credible scoop guy..Woj etc have subtley said something about lamarcuw trade. The spurs had offers this year. They didnt take it.
Exactly, Spurs definitely listened to trade offers last summer..I think Boston was the team that made them and then proceeded to leak the news to their media appendages when SA balked...Probably something underwhelming at the time like 2018 Nets pick+ Amir Johnson+ Smart+ filler..

Nathan89
05-03-2017, 05:32 PM

what site is that on?

dabom
05-03-2017, 05:44 PM
Porker 16 mil
Pau 16 mil
Manu 16 mil
LMA 22 mil

LMA isn't the problem here...

xtremesteven33
05-03-2017, 05:48 PM
Biggest game of his life tonight.

pad300
05-03-2017, 06:28 PM
Porker 16 mil
Pau 16 mil
Manu 16 mil
LMA 22 mil

LMA isn't the ONLY problem here...

Fixed it for you...

playbonner15
05-03-2017, 06:37 PM

Go all in on double double. Talked to LaSharcus. He got you fam

DMC
05-03-2017, 06:38 PM
LMA will be fine. He doesn't have the heart that Ginobili has, but no one does. He's at least as good as Howard though.

BackHome
05-03-2017, 07:02 PM
No he doesn't have heart or passion for the game he could be so much better but he is lazy that is why he is out of shape. I wish he could turn it around because I think he could dominate if he wanted to but that is just not who he is maybe to much smoking?

Hey I would have no problem of trading him and not signing Pau and Manu this off season. I we could get CP I would be OK of letting Tony go to...It's a Business...........

rastaspur
05-03-2017, 07:11 PM
Exactly, Spurs definitely listened to trade offers last summer..I think Boston was the team that made them and then proceeded to leak the news to their media appendages when SA balked...Probably something underwhelming at the time like 2018 Nets pick+ Amir Johnson+ Smart+ filler..

I would have said yes to that.

rastaspur
05-03-2017, 07:16 PM

Id go over on the block and steal at 1'1/2. He has taken a good bit of criticism and surely he comes out hustling. If he does that then I think he can get that.

A few bucks on the double double isnt a bad bet per se considering the odds but I dont see him getting 10 boards

Sigz
05-03-2017, 07:31 PM
I hope he sucks it up again so we can get closer and closer to getting him the hell outta here.

Mikeanaro
05-03-2017, 07:33 PM
I hope he sucks it up again so we can get closer and closer to getting him the hell outta here.
Then again, that can have little to no impact at all considering how Pop kept Bonner, and DG is taking so long...

Budkin
05-03-2017, 07:33 PM
LMA gonna take a steaming dump on the haters tonight

Robz4000
05-03-2017, 07:39 PM
LMA gonna take a steaming dump on the haters tonight

As long as its not all over the court.

cjw
05-03-2017, 07:51 PM
Porker 16 mil
Pau 16 mil
Manu 16 mil
LMA 22 mil

LMA isn't the problem here...

Manu making $14mm this season (not $16) on a one year deal was no different than him making anything more than the minimum given the Spurs had Bird rights. Yes, some implications with hard cap / tax potentially but stop lumping Manu's perpetually under market deals in with the other three. No impact to next year's cap either assuming he retires, or is renounced (can still sign for less).

Parker at $16mm next year is bad, but he was also perpetually underpaid relative to his production during his prime. Yes, he had and has his faults. I'm only upset about the Parker contract because of how it impacts next year's cap and not overall contribution since 2002.

Aldridge was a deal you had to do at the time, and while it clogs the cap it's not an albatross given how much the cap has gone up and how much some lesser bigs are making. He's wilted and is declining on the offensive end, but has been fine on the defensive end. Wish rebounding numbers were a bit higher.

The Pau deal was popular at the time but I was always lukewarm. Analysts pointed out he stat padded in Chicago on the glass and he's awful in the pick and roll - not a big that works in today's game. I've been happy with his contribution on the offensive end with a nice thre point shot (couldn't get any off against Memphis though) and passing. But he's way too mediocre offensively and below average defensively to justify being last offseason's big splash and his option holds the Spurs hostage.

Would have rather spent that money on a number of other things. Unfortunately the market was so stupid last summer there weren't many players that moved teams that ended up being good signings. Maybe Dellavadova (great defensively) and Gordon at more expensive levels, or they could have tried a few cheaper stopgaps.

Spurs' window to reload is really next offseason and not this upcoming one once the Parker deal is off the books. Should have lots of cap space and is one year before Kawhi gets a massive raise.

dabom
05-03-2017, 07:54 PM
Manu making $14mm this season (not $16) on a one year deal was no different than him making anything more than the minimum given the Spurs had Bird rights. Yes, some implications with hard cap / tax potentially but stop lumping Manu's perpetually under market deals in with the other three. No impact to next year's cap either assuming he retires, or is renounced (can still sign for less).

Parker at $16mm next year is bad, but he was also perpetually underpaid relative to his production during his prime. Yes, he had and has his faults. I'm only upset about the Parker contract because of how it impacts next year's cap and not overall contribution since 2002.

Aldridge was a deal you had to do at the time, and while it clogs the cap it's not an albatross given how much the cap has gone up and how much some lesser bigs are making. He's wilted and is declining on the offensive end, but has been fine on the defensive end. Wish rebounding numbers were a bit higher.

The Pau deal was popular at the time but I was always lukewarm. Analysts pointed out he stat padded in Chicago on the glass and he's awful in the pick and roll - not a big that works in today's game. I've been happy with his contribution on the offensive end with a nice thre point shot (couldn't get any off against Memphis though) and passing. But he's way too mediocre offensively and below average defensively to justify being last offseason's big splash and his option holds the Spurs hostage.

Would have rather spent that money on a number of other things

Yeah but we cant do that next year.

cjw
05-03-2017, 08:01 PM
Yeah but we cant do that next year.

Agree - I see next year as a rebuild on the fly year barring a CP3-type signing (good or bad). Gather cheaper assets, see what you have in Europe and have a clean canvas for 2018-19.

baseline bum
05-03-2017, 08:40 PM
I would have said yes to that.

Meh Smart is garbage.

SAGirl
05-03-2017, 08:42 PM
The clock is ticking..I think he is definitely gone if they lose the series-- and yeah they will probably settle for a quarter or less on the dollar when shopping him.

The only scenario in which they'll delay the roster restructuring another year is if they make it to WCF AND be somewhat competitive in games vs Golden State-- these Aldridge 11pts/5rebs games ensure they won't.
I am thinking one of those addition by subtraction scenario. I would have to give props to cochmac87 if the plan is to go after CP3... but there could be others they go after beside CP3..

baseline bum
05-03-2017, 09:08 PM
God 50 year old Nene outplaying Aldridge. This series is unwinnable if he's going to keep losing that matchup.

DMC
05-03-2017, 11:26 PM
LMA will be fine. He doesn't have the heart that Ginobili has, but no one does. He's at least as good as Howard though.