PDA

View Full Version : Celtics: the kobe effect

RsxPiimp
05-03-2017, 06:56 PM
Kobe Bryant has been advising Isaiah Thomas regularly since the start of the playoffs.

Bryant began helping Thomas after the Celtics lost the first two games of their first round series to the Chicago Bulls.

"He wanted to go over film with me. He called me and we did it. He made me figure out a lot of things... He's just been a very helping hand when it comes to the film and figuring out what to do the next day."

Thomas had 53 points in Game 2.

"He's been sending me a text before and after every game since the first round. He definitely helps. He just tells me what he sees and what I should be watching for in film," Thomas said.

Thomas was surprised at the detail Bryant paid attention to.

"Mentally, he's just on a different level than anybody I've ever met. We were on the phone for 30 minutes. I e-mailed him my film and he watched every second, telling me what times to go to look at and certain plays and things I didn't look at when I watched film. Mentally, you can tell he's one of the greatest ever."

whats Duncan been up to?

Clipper Nation
05-03-2017, 06:58 PM
The Kobe Effect = empty-stats chucking on a team that isn't winning anything? Sounds about right.

UNT Eagles 2016
05-03-2017, 07:03 PM
whats Duncan been up to?

Going to Whataburger to buy vaseline for Lamarsha Softridge

DMC
05-03-2017, 07:05 PM
Kobe Bryant has been advising Isaiah Thomas regularly since the start of the playoffs.

Bryant began helping Thomas after the Celtics lost the first two games of their first round series to the Chicago Bulls.

"He wanted to go over film with me. He called me and we did it. He made me figure out a lot of things... He's just been a very helping hand when it comes to the film and figuring out what to do the next day."

Thomas had 53 points in Game 2.

"He's been sending me a text before and after every game since the first round. He definitely helps. He just tells me what he sees and what I should be watching for in film," Thomas said.

Thomas was surprised at the detail Bryant paid attention to.

"Mentally, he's just on a different level than anybody I've ever met. We were on the phone for 30 minutes. I e-mailed him my film and he watched every second, telling me what times to go to look at and certain plays and things I didn't look at when I watched film. Mentally, you can tell he's one of the greatest ever."

whats Duncan been up to?

Kobe: "So right here.. I'd shoot that"

IT: "That's the opponent's end"

Kobe: "So?"

IT: "Ok.. what about this one?"

Kobe: "Oh fuck yeah, I'd shoot that"

IT: "But I don't have the ball here"

Kobe: "Gotta shoot that"

Ad nauseum

Kobe called IT. Kobe trying to keep his name in the talk during the playoffs per par because he couldn't do it when he was playing.

Getting more air time in the playoffs retired than you got in your past 4 years playing = :lol

What's Tim doing? Retired, not regretting it, still getting paid though.

StrengthAndHonor
05-03-2017, 07:10 PM
What's Kobe's angle here? Why is he helping the Celtics, that's blasphemous if you ask me... :lol

StrengthAndHonor
05-03-2017, 07:12 PM

:lol Pretty much.

05-03-2017, 07:12 PM
What's Kobe's angle here? Why is he helping the Celtics, that's blasphemous if you ask me... :lol
Kobes angle is...Kobe. As it has always been.

05-03-2017, 07:13 PM

Ad nauseum

Kobe called IT. Kobe trying to keep his name in the talk during the playoffs per par because he couldn't do it when he was playing.

Getting more air time in the playoffs retired than you got in your past 4 years playing = :lol

What's Tim doing? Retired, not regretting it, still getting paid though.
:lol

-21-
05-03-2017, 07:14 PM
Going to Whataburger to buy vaseline for Lamarsha Softridge

Kobes angle is...Kobe. As it has always been.

:lol

05-03-2017, 07:20 PM
Going to Whataburger to buy vaseline for Lamarsha Softridge:lol

Clipper Nation
05-03-2017, 08:26 PM
What's Kobe's angle here?

Same as it's always been: taking credit for other players' accomplishments.

midnightpulp
05-03-2017, 08:31 PM
BJ Armstrong Jr's game is nothing like Kirby's, so I'm not sure what Kirbs could've taught him.

whitemamba
05-03-2017, 08:37 PM
Your welcome NBA.

HarlemHeat37
05-04-2017, 06:44 PM
Most influential player of his era, tbh, along with Ginobili..

apalisoc_9
05-04-2017, 06:46 PM
Kawhi didn't train with kobe..I know media wants him to be Kobe 2.0 so bad..

That said, Didn't Popvich publicly said He wanted Kawhi to have the mamba mentality. :lol

Clipper Nation
05-04-2017, 09:51 PM
:lol Celtics lose by almost 30 points
:lol Isaiah: 13 points on 3-9 shooting

So this... is the power... of The Kobe Effect...

StrengthAndHonor
05-04-2017, 10:58 PM
Thread backfired lol

ambchang
05-05-2017, 08:28 AM
3-9? He ain't playing like Kobe.

A) he didn't fire 25 shots.
B) he whit over 30%