PDA

View Full Version : Listening to digital music

RD2191
05-03-2017, 07:15 PM
A little behind the times here, how do you guys listen to your digital music? (Besides phone/headphones) Any recommendations? Do you all purchase music or use streaming services?

SpursforSix
05-03-2017, 07:23 PM
A little behind the times here, how do you guys listen to your digital music? (Besides phone/headphones) Any recommendations? Do you all purchase music or use streaming services?

It's probably an outdated method but I'll usually just put on some Bluetooth headphones while I fuck your mom.

RD2191
05-03-2017, 07:24 PM
It's probably an outdated method but I'll usually just put on some Bluetooth headphones while I fuck your mom.

Is the connection weak or?

SpursforSix
05-03-2017, 07:27 PM
Is the connection weak or?

Not at all. Before coitus, I'll run a 3/8 cord up here butt and attach it to a mid grade receiver. To be honest, my first priority is to not hear her gums smacking. But as far as the sound quality, it's pretty good.

RD2191
05-03-2017, 07:29 PM
Not at all. Before coitus, I'll run a 3/8 cord up here butt and attach it to a mid grade receiver. To be honest, my first priority is to not hear her gums smacking. But as far as the sound quality, it's pretty good.

You sick bastard...but thanks for the info.

SpursforSix
05-03-2017, 08:21 PM
You sick bastard...but thanks for the info.

Right. No offense intended. I hope it never comes up but if you ever need advice on fucking your mom, I'll be happy to give you some pointers.

benefactor
05-03-2017, 08:24 PM
YouTube/ad blocker/Bluetooth into my surround sound.

SpursforSix
05-04-2017, 08:35 AM
YouTube/ad blocker/Bluetooth into my surround sound.

YouTube is a great source. I'll usually play some tunes on YouTube and record them on my reel to reel. Then play it back through my Pioneer speakers. When I have time, I'll record that with ProTools and add extra keys or drums, save it, and then post on YouTube.

TSA
05-04-2017, 05:04 PM

Spotify

/thread

resistanze
05-04-2017, 05:05 PM
Apple Music, old university account for $4.99.

Reck
05-04-2017, 05:55 PM
https://123music.to/

Clipper Nation
05-04-2017, 06:30 PM
I still use iTunes. Fuck the idea of subscribing to music.

Spurminator
05-04-2017, 07:56 PM
I haven't downloaded a single torrent since subscribing to Spotify.

I hear Soundcloud's paid service is as good if not better than Spotify's but I haven't checked it out.

cd021
05-04-2017, 08:49 PM

I like to own my shit, I can' get down with streaming.

05-04-2017, 09:01 PM
Google play music. I like it because I can upload my own shit to my library tbh

SpursforSix
05-05-2017, 08:24 AM

I still use Rhapsody. It now it's Napster. Used to be able to download songs to your desktop and I had this other program that would strip the license data from the files so I'd end up with hundreds of songs. At some point they changed their system and you can't down load directly to a computer. So I just record the music to my cassettes and then convert that to my reel to reel.

DJR210
05-05-2017, 10:54 AM
Napster (formerly Rhapsody) is free for T-Mobile customers.. They have pretty much everything.

leemajors
05-05-2017, 01:29 PM
I have iTunes match, it's $25.99 a year and I have my entire library on it.

SpursforSix
05-05-2017, 01:30 PM
Napster (formerly Rhapsody) is free for T-Mobile customers.. They have pretty much everything.

They're good. But I wouldn't say "everything". I don't know the rules that they have to go by but I've looked for some albums where they had every other album by that artist except the one I'm looking for. Few and far between though.

SpursforSix
05-05-2017, 01:31 PM

For instance, Bullet Boys second album, "Freakshow".

TSA
05-05-2017, 01:34 PM
I haven't downloaded a single torrent since subscribing to Spotify.

I hear Soundcloud's paid service is as good if not better than Spotify's but I haven't checked it out.

I haven't tried Soundcloud's paid service either but will take a look. Main reason I stuck with Spotify is the ability to save songs offline for when I'm driving/flying and don't need to use data. I also like their discovery section, I've found a shit ton of good music that was recommended from all the other artists I clicked follow on. All my friends are also on Spotify and we are constantly texting each other new songs from within the app.

DJR210
05-05-2017, 04:25 PM
They're good. But I wouldn't say "everything". I don't know the rules that they have to go by but I've looked for some albums where they had every other album by that artist except the one I'm looking for. Few and far between though.

They actually lost a ton of music when they became Napster.

resistanze
05-08-2017, 01:44 AM

They offer a free trial like all the other services. It was horrendous a year ago, not sure if that's changed.

lefty
05-08-2017, 07:49 PM
Apple Music, old university account for $4.99.

Used to use Sportify premium(carrier promo paying for the premium account :lol)

Now I'm using Google Play Music premium. Shit shit shit ugly unintuitive clunky messy UI, but better algorithm than Spotify.

resistanze
05-09-2017, 08:39 AM

Now I'm using Google Play Music premium. Shit shit shit ugly unintuitive clunky messy UI, but better algorithm than Spotify.

Yeah I used every music app free trial tbh :lol

Google was offering a 4 months trial in November and it was better than Apple Music (which had good music selection, horrible interface). Spotify is clearly the best music app.

lefty
05-09-2017, 09:21 AM
Yeah I used every music app free trial tbh :lol

Google was offering a 4 months trial in November and it was better than Apple Music (which had good music selection, horrible interface). Spotify is clearly the best music app.

Spotify has the best UI and is not as buggy as GPM.
But I feel GPM has a better algorithm.
Also if you hit close all apps (in the multitasking tray) Spotify will stop playing..wtf

I'm still into my GPM premium trial, it's good but that shitty unintuitive UI is getting on ky nerves:lol

LaMarcus Bryant
05-09-2017, 11:25 AM

How's sound quality with Google play when you replay your own uploads?

lefty
05-09-2017, 10:29 PM
How's sound quality with Google play when you replay your own uploads?
Haven't play my uploads in a while tbh...

From what I remember It was decent

Will play them again and let you know

-21-
05-11-2017, 12:07 AM
Spotify has the best UI and is not as buggy as GPM.
But I feel GPM has a better algorithm.
Also if you hit close all apps (in the multitasking tray) Spotify will stop playing..wtf

I'm still into my GPM premium trial, it's good but that shitty unintuitive UI is getting on ky nerves:lol

What do you mean by "better algorithm"? Recommendations?

lefty
05-11-2017, 10:20 AM
What do you mean by "better algorithm"? Recommendations?

Yup

lefty
05-14-2017, 01:49 PM
Another thing I hate with Spotify :

If you have a Playlist and hit shuffle it will only play a few songs, and the same ones over and over again