urunobili
05-03-2017, 10:20 PM
Sad

Keepin' it real
He's injured. Can't you see?

Cklbmk
Trade Lamarsha to someone for cap and a pick or prospect.

Lets get Cp3 up in this bitch

spurtech09
I don't know why pop doesn't play Dedmon its driving me crazy.

Cklbmk
05-03-2017, 10:21 PM

Mental injuries dont count

RD2191
05-03-2017, 10:30 PM
SIMMS BABY!!!

RD2191
05-03-2017, 10:31 PM
I don't know why pop doesn't play Dedmon its driving me crazy.

baseline bum
05-03-2017, 10:32 PM

He has looked like this all year.

TheyCallMePro
05-03-2017, 10:33 PM
Ever since Aldridge came out we've been on fire.

Keep him out.

illusioNtEk
05-03-2017, 10:35 PM
Maybe we can get Melo and Cousins for LMA

tholdren
05-03-2017, 10:35 PM
He has looked like this all year.

he's just fat and gay

atoyotagaspedal
05-03-2017, 11:17 PM
Cause Harden will fish calls off him easily

TheyCallMePro
05-03-2017, 11:18 PM
Anyone else notice that Aldridge didn't play a single meaningful minute in the 4th quarter and we outscored the Rockets by 20?

He did get 1 tap-out rebound and 1 gift dunk from Manu, but otherwise he was a non-factor and was either not playing in the 4th or staying the Hell out of the way and not getting close to the ball.

More of that please.

NASpurs
05-03-2017, 11:19 PM
Welp

HarlemHeat37
05-03-2017, 11:20 PM
Nobody actually believed that he had a knee injury:lol

Reggie and Harlan obviously aren't going to call him fat on national TV, especially in 2017..

Nathan89
05-03-2017, 11:29 PM
LMA does some basic stretches and Reggie spun that into a knee injury. Idiot.

Dverde
05-03-2017, 11:35 PM
We can't win this series without him. I hope he plays better in Houston. He had some monster games there as a Trailblazer.

100%duncan
05-03-2017, 11:37 PM
Hell he was unplayable against Memphis bigs as well right? Maybe we shouldnt play this dude at all

Nathan89
He's not really playable in any series thing. His best advantage vs any player is size and he has that in this series. The problem is he can't pass, dribble, shoot, or pnr. He's an awful piece for an offense.

Spurs da champs
LMA needs to lose weight, he's too bulky for his game.

Chinook
05-03-2017, 11:39 PM
How many times do we have to go through this? The Spurs are dominating Houston on the boards right now. Sure, LMA isn't scoring well and is moving so slowly that I'm hoping Tim can get a brace for him. But he contributing more than people think.

davidbowie
05-03-2017, 11:40 PM
he's obviously hurt

slow as shit out there. half assing it

still did decent tonight

UNT Eagles 2016
05-03-2017, 11:50 PM
Chris Paul

timtonymanu
05-03-2017, 11:55 PM
Gotta love all the excuses for LMA but Splitter was repeatedly shitted on when he was here :lol

spursistan
05-04-2017, 02:46 AM
His offense is like the ugliest thing I have watched from a high usage player in Spurs uniform ever..

He is beyond done being a top 2 option on a playoff team..Sure, he can get his 20+ PPG on 20 shots with the Suns if he asks for it in the summer..

BillMc
05-04-2017, 02:51 AM
How many times do we have to go through this? The Spurs are dominating Houston on the boards right now. Sure, LMA isn't scoring well and is moving so slowly that I'm hoping Tim can get a brace for him. But he contributing more than people think.

spursistan
05-04-2017, 03:39 AM

2014 series feels like an eternity ago..

100%duncan
05-04-2017, 03:48 AM
Gotta love all the excuses for LMA but Splitter was repeatedly shitted on when he was here :lol

:lol

MultiTroll
05-04-2017, 06:28 AM
LMA guarding Beard (or other Rockets fast players) one on one at the top of the arc. :pop::downspin:

UZER
05-04-2017, 06:48 AM
Ooohhhhh, it's a knee injury. Well that explains everything.

This dude is too much effort, like an insecure girlfriend. Just go fucking play basketball.

Get this guy off the team ASAP.

SAGirl
05-04-2017, 12:34 PM
Anyone else notice that Aldridge didn't play a single meaningful minute in the 4th quarter and we outscored the Rockets by 20?

He did get 1 tap-out rebound and 1 gift dunk from Manu, but otherwise he was a non-factor and was either not playing in the 4th or staying the Hell out of the way and not getting close to the ball.

More of that please.
I noticed.

SAGirl
05-04-2017, 12:35 PM
He's not really playable in any series thing. His best advantage vs any player is size and he has that in this series. The problem is he can't pass, dribble, shoot, or pnr. He's an awful piece for an offense.
this, though he used to be a better shooter...

quentin_compson
05-04-2017, 12:42 PM
At least he was somewhat of a factor offensively in Game 2, even though his shooting percentages obviously weren't great. If Aldridge is unplayable in this series, then who should be getting his minutes?

hater
05-04-2017, 12:49 PM
he had a shitty game. Just because we won doesn't hide that

he scored 15 points but took 15 shots

hater
05-04-2017, 12:50 PM
in contrast Kawhi had 34 points on 16 shots

TD 21
05-04-2017, 06:03 PM
He's done for the season. Despite his advancing age, he might be able to return to form next season, given that he has the combination of size and game that should theoretically age well. He's going to have to drop 10-15 pounds and start shooting way more 3s and way less mid rangers. I can't think of any prominent jump shooting big from his generation that has resisted this as much. Off the top: Millsap, Horford, B. Lopez, Love, Griffin, M. Gasol, Bosh, Cousins, Ibaka, all made the adjustment.

Hopefully his embarrassment of a season, the increasingly loud chorus of negative attention it's drawing and the possibility of one final mammoth contract, motivate him to do so.

ceperez
05-04-2017, 06:10 PM
This is so sad... man, I was saying this last season that the guy was RJ 2.0.

I think he's worse than RJ. At least RJ kept in shape!

Spurs got bamboozled into signing him.

Now speaking about Gasol.... well, did he not play much better when he was the lone center on the court?

HarlemHeat37
05-04-2017, 06:19 PM
He's done for the season. Despite his advancing age, he might be able to return to form next season, given that he has the combination of size and game that should theoretically age well. He's going to have to drop 10-15 pounds and start shooting way more 3s and way less mid rangers. I can't think of any prominent jump shooting big from his generation that has resisted this as much. Off the top: Millsap, Horford, B. Lopez, Love, Griffin, M. Gasol, Bosh, Cousins, Ibaka, all made the adjustment.

Hopefully his embarrassment of a season, the increasingly loud chorus of negative attention it's drawing and the possibility of one final mammoth contract, motivate him to do so.

While it's true that Aldridge has been defensive about shooting mid-range Js, he has also repeatedly said that he would like to extend his range to the 3-point line..he even said it prior to joining the Spurs IIRC..I wonder if the reluctance is on him, or rather on Pop..

A larger problem is that he should be playing C, yet doesn't want to(part of the reason he was going to sign in Phoenix)..at his size and with his style of play, he's clearly a C in today's game..

gambit1990
05-04-2017, 06:19 PM
is he not 100%?

la grimaced in a replay in game 2. marv commented as such.

HarlemHeat37
05-04-2017, 06:23 PM
is he not 100%?

la grimaced in a replay in game 2. marv commented as such.

Pop said there's nothing wrong with his knee IIRC..he was asked following game 2..

Aldridge just went on the Boris Diaw diet during the off-season and never looked back, tbh..

gambit1990
05-04-2017, 06:32 PM
Pop said there's nothing wrong with his knee IIRC..he was asked following game 2..

Aldridge just went on the Boris Diaw diet during the off-season and never looked back, tbh..
there was a moment when he reminded me of shaq last night. by the way he lumbered to the bench.

dbreiden83080
05-04-2017, 06:39 PM

You think he is ineffective now, put him out there on the 3 point line instead of his mid range game, add in his mediocre rebounding and D, and see what you have. Jesus what a disaster that would be.. I wish he would work more on his low post game. He has the size and the touch, but lacks toughness and moves down low..

TD 21
05-04-2017, 06:40 PM
While it's true that Aldridge has been defensive about shooting mid-range Js, he has also repeatedly said that he would like to extend his range to the 3-point line..he even said it prior to joining the Spurs IIRC..I wonder if the reluctance is on him, or rather on Pop..

A larger problem is that he should be playing C, yet doesn't want to(part of the reason he was going to sign in Phoenix)..at his size and with his style of play, he's clearly a C in today's game..

I think he said on media day or early in the season, that they said that they wanted him to shoot more 3's this season. While I doubt Pop wants him jacking them with the volume of most of the names I mentioned, he'd probably like to see a happy middle. The thing is, he's a capable 3-point shooter as is; he just has to alter his mindset.

People say this with so many PF's or hybrid's today. That partially explains the scarcity of wings, as so many SF's have morphed into PF's and PF's into C's. It's left all these expensive traditional C's in limited roles.

I still think he can be a hybrid, but he's clearly going to age into a C. Granted, he'll need to be paired a rim rolling, glass cleaning PF. In the meantime, if he wants to continue to play a good amount of it, he needs to do the two things I mentioned.

You think he is ineffective now, put him out there on the 3 point line instead of his mid range game, add in his mediocre rebounding and D, and see what you have. Jesus what a disaster that would be.. I wish he would work more on his low post game. He has the size and the touch, but lacks toughness and moves down low..

He'd be more effective shooting more 3's and less mid rangers. Post play doesn't age well. Obviously, he shouldn't completely abandoned it, but it should be more so when he has a should be advantage, than a consistent thing.

dbreiden83080
05-04-2017, 06:50 PM
He'd be more effective shooting more 3's and less mid rangers. Post play doesn't age well. Obviously, he shouldn't completely abandoned it, but it should be more so when he has a should be advantage, than a consistent thing.

How would he be more effective shooting 3's? His shooting percentage would go down, and probably so would his touches. He would be less involved in the offense. He would probably go from averaging around 17 a game to 9 or 10. A max money role player..

SAGirl
05-04-2017, 06:50 PM
I think I agree he needs to be transitioning to a center, if he stays in the Spurs past this contract..

sasaint
05-04-2017, 06:56 PM
I think he said on media day or early in the season, that they said that they wanted him to shoot more 3's this season. While I doubt Pop wants him jacking them with the volume of most of the names I mentioned, he'd probably like to see a happy middle. The thing is, he's a capable 3-point shooter as is; he just has to alter his mindset.

People say this with so many PF's or hybrid's today. That partially explains the scarcity of wings, as so many SF's have morphed into PF's and PF's into C's. It's left all these expensive traditional C's in limited roles.

I still think he can be a hybrid, but he's clearly going to age into a C. Granted, he'll need to be paired a rim rolling, glass cleaning PF. In the meantime, if he wants to continue to play a good amount of it, he needs to do the two things I mentioned.

:wow How much more mold does he need? :wow

TD 21
05-04-2017, 07:01 PM
How would he be more effective shooting 3's? His shooting percentage would go down, and probably so would his touches. He would be less involved in the offense. He would probably go from averaging around 17 a game to 9 or 10. A max money role player..

It's the way of the league: Bigs who don't have guard skills are being minimized and turned into floor spacers for perimeter players. They can still put up significant counting stats though, as seen by the likes of Bosh and Love.

The team, in general, would be more effective because the spacing would be better. Percentage is somewhat irrelevant when the value is 50% greater and it's not like he takes the most efficient shots anyway.

Joseph Kony
05-04-2017, 07:02 PM
http://i66.tinypic.com/169rbxe.jpg

Mikeanaro
05-04-2017, 07:02 PM
The most interesting thing were his demands to join a team, like talking 3 pointers, the offensive system, all that crap that teams had to debate to get his approval, at the end of the day is like we got an Amare (washed up ver.).

sasaint
05-04-2017, 07:05 PM
I think I agree he needs to be transitioning to a center, if he stays in the Spurs past this contract..

Said "transition" should have been made in his first year here. And I hope he doesn't wear the silver and black very much longer.

SAGirl
05-04-2017, 07:25 PM
Said "transition" should have been made in his first year here. And I hope he doesn't wear the silver and black very much longer.
I don't disagree. I have been increasingly disappointed in him and this postseason likely did it for me. He's no longer a superstar. I have doubts about his future but I could see him finishing his contract with the Spurs... beyond that who knows? REason I could see him finish his contract is, too much change of players, too much youth Pop won't want to play together, and inability to turn his contract/him to real value. But it could go any way.

sasaint
05-04-2017, 07:35 PM
I don't disagree. I have been increasingly disappointed in him and this postseason likely did it for me. He's no longer a superstar. I have doubts about his future but I could see him finishing his contract with the Spurs... beyond that who knows? REason I could see him finish his contract is, too much change of players, too much youth Pop won't want to play together, and inability to turn his contract/him to real value. But it could go any way.

Pop's time is (or should be) drawing near, too. If Manu and Tony both hung 'em up this off-season, would that be an incentive for Pop to stay or go? Would a regime change be more amenable to moving LMA? I definitely expect LMA to finish his current contract with the Spurs, but beyond...? (Actually, I made a comment in another thread about all the cap space we could have in the simmer of 2018, that at their current rates of decline, I could see LMA and Danny both opting IN at that time - pushing any big cap space relief to 2019 :wow)

On another tangent, is Pop's abrasive schtick with the media undermining whatever cachet he has had with players (and therefore, potential FAs)?

gambit1990
05-04-2017, 07:43 PM
PFs transition to C... but he signed here so that that isn't what he would have to do.

-phil jackson wanted him at center, la passed on the knicks
-phoenix was in contention... because they had just signed chandler

i would feel uneasy with him being the only big on the floor for us. he is lacking mobility, lift...

gambit1990
05-04-2017, 07:44 PM
he's 31 and playing like he's... older than that. it's weird.

SAGirl
05-04-2017, 07:47 PM
Pop's time is (or should be) drawing near, too. If Manu and Tony both hung 'em up this off-season, would that be an incentive for Pop to stay or go? Would a regime change be more amenable to moving LMA? I definitely expect LMA to finish his current contract with the Spurs, but beyond...? (Actually, I made a comment in another thread about all the cap space we could have in the simmer of 2018, that at their current rates of decline, I could see LMA and Danny both opting IN at that time - pushing any big cap space relief to 2019 :wow)

On another tangent, is Pop's abrasive schtick with the media undermining whatever cachet he has had with players (and therefore, potential FAs)?
Players respect him still, by all accounts he's a different person behind the cameras, and in person but he could be getting tired of coaching and I think he doesn't have the heart for a real rebuild/retool. He joked he would retire after Tim retired. Only Kawhi emerging as a top player in the league and an MVP (per Pop's own words) made him stay but as we have seen, he's far too loyal to old (sometimes washed up) veterans and very reluctant to really develop youth. I am unsure how it goes after Tony and Manu both hang it up, but he has been somewhat outspoken that he made promises to stay (until Tony finished his contract and Lamarcus). He maybe looks forward to retiring deep down. I am hoping, mercifully that this is Manu's last (and though I doubt Tony retires, he's about to undertake a rehab that is lengthy and who knows how his own mind changes about things after it, how his body feels, etc).

SAGirl
05-04-2017, 07:49 PM
PFs transition to C... but he signed here so that that isn't what he would have to do.

-phil jackson wanted him at center, la passed on the knicks
-phoenix was in contention... because they had just signed chandler

i would feel uneasy with him being the only big on the floor for us. he is lacking mobility, lift...
And I do believe PATFO went after Pau in the offseason precisely to keep him at the PF spot, but he is entering the last season of his contract. After this Spurs may want to go in a different direction. If he's unwilling to make adjustments he's not long term Spurs material.

gambit1990
05-04-2017, 07:51 PM
And I do believe PATFO went after Pau in the offseason precisely to keep him at the PF spot, but he is entering the last season of his contract. After this Spurs may want to go in a different direction. If he's unwilling to make adjustments he's not long term Spurs material.
it's a matter of ability.

SAGirl
05-04-2017, 07:52 PM
he's 31 and playing like he's... older than that. it's weird.
He will need to make adjustments like Tim did in his later thirties. I don't know if he's willing.. Tim was special in his work ethic and diet by reputation.
We shall see I guess.

gambit1990
05-04-2017, 07:54 PM
He will need to make adjustments like Tim did in his later thirties. I don't know if he's willing.. Tim was special in his work ethic and diet by reputation.
We shall see I guess.
tim was special all around.

la isn't tim.

SAGirl
05-04-2017, 07:58 PM
tim was special all around.

la isn't tim.
If he can't adapt he's likely gone after his contract is over then.

gambit1990
05-04-2017, 08:04 PM
If he can't adapt he's likely gone after his contract is over then.
i share your frustration.

hater
05-04-2017, 09:06 PM
Adapt??? The guy cant even post up Patrick Beverly

NASpurs
05-06-2017, 01:59 AM
Pop said that LMA didn't have a knee problems (game 1) but Gasol says otherwise:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/playoffs/2017/05/06/spurs-lamarcus-aldridge-knee-soreness-game-3-rockets/101362630/

“I know he…has some issues in his knee,” Gasol told USA TODAY Sports. “I’ve dealt with (knee problems) at times in my career, and it can be really painful or bothersome. But at this point of the year you’ve just got to go. Everyone, I’m sure, has something here and there, and you never know to what extent. But at this point, you’ve just got to go and deal with whatever it is when the season is over.”

ESPN:

http://www.espn.com/blog/san-antonio-spurs/post/_/id/1619/lamarcus-aldridge-bounces-back-at-perfect-time-for-spurs

With a black band wrapped around the front of one foot in the other hand, Aldridge pulled the tension taut to loosen up a stiff knee.

Robz4000
05-06-2017, 02:04 AM
Pop said that LMA didn't have a knee problems (game 1) but Gasol says otherwise:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/playoffs/2017/05/06/spurs-lamarcus-aldridge-knee-soreness-game-3-rockets/101362630/

“I know he…has some issues in his knee,” Gasol told USA TODAY Sports. “I’ve dealt with (knee problems) at times in my career, and it can be really painful or bothersome. But at this point of the year you’ve just got to go. Everyone, I’m sure, has something here and there, and you never know to what extent. But at this point, you’ve just got to go and deal with whatever it is when the season is over.”

Pop prolly not admitting it because he doesn't want opposing teams to clue in on it. Too late now with all the media narrative about it.

NASpurs
05-06-2017, 02:10 AM
Pop prolly not admitting it because he doesn't want opposing teams to clue in on it. Too late now with all the media narrative about it.

A 32 year old big man starting to get knee problems? That screams "sell as fast as you can" to me. He might have to do what TD did and lose weight during the summer to alleviate the stress on the knees. Obviously I don't know the severity but it makes you wonder.

Robz4000
05-06-2017, 02:17 AM
A 32 year old big man starting to get knee problems? That screams "sell as fast as you can" to me. He might have to do what TD did and lose weight during the summer to alleviate the stress on the knees. Obviously I don't know the severity but it makes you wonder.

Prolly just minor pain; everyone starts getting it when they get older. Agree he has to lose weight though otherwise that minor knee pain could grow into chronic knee pain.

SAGirl
05-06-2017, 02:17 AM

ESPN:

http://www.espn.com/blog/san-antonio-spurs/post/_/id/1619/lamarcus-aldridge-bounces-back-at-perfect-time-for-spurs

With a black band wrapped around the front of one foot in the other hand, Aldridge pulled the tension taut to loosen up a stiff knee.
Why post him up so much if he had knee issues ... Pop?

cutewizard
05-06-2017, 11:31 AM
hmmmmmmm

urunobili
05-06-2017, 11:32 AM
Once you reach 30, some days your body just responds better. If he's mobile he is playable. I hope he keeps on feeling great for the rest of the playoffs.

spursistan
05-09-2017, 11:38 AM

apalisoc_9
05-09-2017, 02:29 PM