best we can wish for at this point is that it is not a career ending injury

bklynspursfan
05-04-2017, 09:50 AM
I felt worse after game 2 than game 1. This really sucks

dabom
05-04-2017, 09:50 AM
yeah.. there is no hope to see him coming back before next year tbh

best we can wish for at this point is that it is not a career ending injury

Age of player. Injury to player. Zero speed. 3rd string PG in the NBA at best.

cd98
05-04-2017, 09:52 AM
Terrible. It's been a while since the Spurs had this kind of bad luck. Depending on the extent of the injury, it could impact what the Spurs do this offseason. It was great watching Retro Tony during this playoff run. Next man up.

Brazil
05-04-2017, 09:52 AM
just the game he passed Kobe and became 5th with most PO games played... this is easily could be it...

lebomb
05-04-2017, 09:56 AM
Age of player. Injury to player. Zero speed. 3rd string PG in the NBA at best.

All we needed him to be is a Mario Ellie or Porter to lead this team as a veteran. Not to be balls out athletic. So, he will be missed big time.

SpursforSix
05-04-2017, 09:57 AM
All we needed him to be is a Mario Ellie or Porter to lead this team as a veteran. Not to be balls out athletic. So, he will be missed big time.

Good point. What is Ellie up to right now?

Brazil
05-04-2017, 09:59 AM
All we need is love.

fify

NASpurs
05-04-2017, 10:00 AM
That nigga Bontemps again:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/sports/wp/2017/05/04/tony-parkers-injury-could-mark-the-end-of-an-era-for-the-san-antonio-spurs/

Tony Parker’s injury could mark the end of an era for the San Antonio Spurs

Through the first eight games of these NBA playoffs, Tony Parker appeared to have jumped into a time machine. The 34-year-old point guard, long one of the pillars of the dynastic San Antonio Spurs, was suddenly — and surprisingly — an impact player in San Antonio once again, providing the kind of spark he had in countless postseason games earlier in his career.

But then came a possession early in the fourth quarter of what would eventually be a 121-96 victory for the Spurs over the Houston Rockets, a win that would even San Antonio’s series with their Texas rivals at a game apiece thanks in no small part to Parker’s 18 points on 8-for-13 shooting and four assists. Parker got into the lane, as he has so many times before, and rose up for his trademark floater over the Houston defense.

As the shot missed, the Rockets collected the rebound and began to go the other way, but Parker wasn’t going anywhere. He collapsed to the ground, held his left leg and stared at his left knee. It was the look of a man who knew something bad had happened.

His fears were confirmed when Parker had to be carried off the court and to the locker room by a pair of teammates.

“It’s not good,” Spurs Coach Gregg Popovich told reporters after the game.

The full extent of Parker’s injury — simply deemed a “left leg injury” by the team — won’t be known until after an MRI Thursday morning. But it seems no one in San Antonio is expecting good news.

“It’s hard to see him limping and hurting now, and you kind of know we’re not going to see him anytime soon,” Ginobili said. “That’s a tough blow. We shall see. We don’t know.”

For so long, the Spurs have been defined by four figures: Tim Duncan, Popovich, Ginobili and Parker. Or, as they’re known in San Antonio: Timmy, Pop, Manu and Tony. It’s a quartet that’s won as much together as any in NBA history, collecting four championships and making the postseason every season this century — something no other team has done.

But now, one by one, that era is beginning to end. Duncan was the first to go, choosing to retire after last year’s playoffs. Ginobili, who looked every bit of his 39 years in going scoreless in the first four games of San Antonio’s first-round playoff series against the Memphis Grizzlies, seems as if he could very well follow Duncan after this season. And now Parker — signed through next season — has an uncertain future as well.

Sports can be cruel, and few moments are worse than seeing a player crumple to the ground with a noncontact injury. But it’s doubly so for someone in Parker’s position. The veteran had played as he used to in the playoffs, giving Kawhi Leonard some modicum of help to try to lift the Spurs to yet another deep postseason run.

“He has that presence, just like [Duncan] had that presence,” point guard Patty Mills told reporters. “And he was rolling the last month, going back to his old self. He has that presence on the floor, especially when he’s on the break.

“When the ball is in his hands, he makes big-time plays, big-time shots, big-time moves. So we’ll see what the deal is.”

Assuming Parker will be out, San Antonio has other options. Leonard was once again remarkable in Game 2, finishing with 34 points on 13-for-16 shooting and eight assists, and likely will be called upon not only to be the Spurs’ defensive stopper and leading scorer, but the team’s main creator moving forward. Mills will likely become the team’s starting point guard, and Ginobili — still one of the sport’s most creative passers — will probably assume the backup point guard spot.

What the Spurs can’t do, however, is replace what Parker means to the team.

“Besides the fact that Tony is our point guard, we are going to miss having him around, his experience, his big shots,” Ginobili said. “It is more than just who is going to start. We are going to miss his presence.”

As Parker was carried back to San Antonio’s locker room moments later, one could almost see that presence leaving with him, along with so much of what has made the Spurs who they have been over their long run of dominance within the sport. The question now, as the Spurs wait for those MRI results, is when — or if — that presence will return.

Mr.Bottomtooth
05-04-2017, 10:06 AM

sammy
05-04-2017, 10:08 AM
Me too! Loved the win but just felt sad that TP was injured that way after playing so well! Get well TP and my prayers are with you!

MultiTroll
just the game he passed Kobe and became 5th with most PO games played... this is easily could be it...
I think Parker and GNob just tied the leader for duos with most playoff wins.

dabom
This is better than knee injury. :lol

Amuseddaysleeper
05-04-2017, 10:09 AM

MultiTroll
Parker did a real hard spin move for a hoop earlier in the game.
Loved it, but I wondered then if that was the set up for the tweak.

NASpurs
I mean, you kind of hope it's a quadricep instead of an ACL/knee ligament injury in terms of severity right? He's going to be out for a while either way.

RD2191
05-04-2017, 10:13 AM
Damn, that's sad. Feel bad for TP.

TheGreatYacht
05-04-2017, 10:13 AM
If it's severe, I'm reading it could take around 3 months to resume normal activities

Floyd Pacquiao
05-04-2017, 10:15 AM
Yes, with a quadricep you at least hope he won't miss the entire year next year, and possibly regain the form he was playing with these playoffs. Either way it's grim for an aging point guard

100%duncan
05-04-2017, 10:18 AM
I felt worse after game 2 than game 1. This really sucks

Yep. Im legit sad. Haven't felt this way since TD announced retirement.

Amuseddaysleeper
05-04-2017, 10:19 AM

And with TD in game 6 it had an eerie funeral feel with how he was playing. Like something wasn't right.

100%duncan
05-04-2017, 10:22 AM
And with TD in game 6 it had an eerie funeral feel with how he was playing. Like something wasn't right.

Yes. Im sure you remember, when they looked like they were about to go on a run, and TD missed like a layup or got blocked or something. And he reacted in a way that I really though to myself, this was it.

NASpurs
05-04-2017, 10:23 AM
The quadricep part seems to be gaining steam.

BG_Spurs_Fan
05-04-2017, 10:24 AM
If it's a ruptured quadriceps tendon he's going to miss 6-8 months at least.

Amuseddaysleeper
05-04-2017, 10:27 AM
Yes. Im sure you remember, when they looked like they were about to go on a run, and TD missed like a layup or got blocked or something. And he reacted in a way that I really though to myself, this was it.

Absolutely. Even when Timmy was leaving the court and high fiving the OKC fans on his way out you just sensed that was it. He was playing so well up until his February injury last year too.

DaDakota
05-04-2017, 10:28 AM
Sorry to hear about Parker, he is a great player.

DD

boutons_deux
05-04-2017, 10:29 AM
yep, tendons are very slow to heal, partial or total tear?, just ask anybody who has had a ruptured Achilles

coachmac87
05-04-2017, 10:30 AM
Ok he's done this season...

How does this play out going forward?

TheGreatYacht
05-04-2017, 10:31 AM
http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/headshots/nba/players/full/3907497.png&w=350&h=254

TheGreatYacht
05-04-2017, 10:33 AM
Ok he's done this season...

How does this play out going forward?
It all depends what happens these playoffs

Either Patty earns a big pay check, Dejounte will be our starting PG going forward, or it's all in for CP3 if it's downhill from game 3 and onwards

100%duncan
05-04-2017, 10:35 AM

Either Patty earns a big pay check, Dejounte will be our starting PG going forward, or it's all in for CP3 if it's downhill from game 3 and onwards

Dont forget trading aldridge for a bag of burritos

Ibleedslvrnblk
05-04-2017, 10:36 AM
If it's a ruptured quadriceps tendon he's going to miss 6-8 months at least.

Yup. Best to retire. I would like to see him recover, come back for a game where he gets put in for 1 minute and walks off into the sunset. This should not be the way he is remembered as going out.

ducks
05-04-2017, 10:37 AM

kori called it

LaMarcus Bryant
05-04-2017, 10:38 AM
kori called it

They made an appearance?

TheGreatYacht
05-04-2017, 10:38 AM
Dont forget trading aldridge for a bag of burritos
With TP out and no other playmaker besides Kawhi on the team.... mandatory Aldridge postups will increase

ducks
05-04-2017, 10:39 AM
They made an appearance?

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=268069&page=3

100%duncan
05-04-2017, 10:39 AM
With TP out and no other playmaker besides Kawhi on the team.... mandatory Aldridge postups will increase

Yep. Makes me sick just thinking about it

coachmac87
05-04-2017, 10:40 AM

I think I've made myself clear that we need to go ALL IN for CP3 regardless...

I expected Tony to be lead guard off bench next year with Murray taking over Simmons, Murray role..but this could really fuck things up if Parker can't play until All-Star break next year smh

apalisoc_9
05-04-2017, 10:40 AM
Full raptured quadricep can take a full season to fully recover. Nevermind he'd be out of shape by the time it heals.

Murray is starting nexr year.

SpursforSix
05-04-2017, 10:43 AM
I think I've made myself clear that we need to go ALL IN for CP3 regardless...

I expected Tony to be lead guard off bench next year with Murray taking over Simmons, Murray role..but this could really fuck things up if Parker can't play until All-Star break next year smh

I'd love to have CP3 but I'm not on board paying him the max amount. Too much potential downside as he gets older. And I don't think he's enough to put the Spurs over the top or even get them close to the Warriors. I hate to say it but I'd rather them stick this out with Murray. Hopefully Parker and Manu retire. That being said, it's painful to think of them wasting more of Leonard's prime years.

coachmac87
05-04-2017, 10:47 AM
I'd love to have CP3 but I'm not on board paying him the max amount. Too much potential downside as he gets older. And I don't think he's enough to put the Spurs over the top or even get them close to the Warriors. I hate to say it but I'd rather them stick this out with Murray. Hopefully Parker and Manu retire. That being said, it's painful to think of them wasting more of Leonard's prime years.

Murray needs to be part of the picture next year going forward but to the people who think he should or will be our starter are DEAD WRONG in that approach. Kawhi is entering his prime and yes the Warriors will be tough to compete with but the Spurs can't afford to "somewhat rebuild" when Kawhi isn't even under contract for more then 2 years

Brazil
05-04-2017, 10:48 AM
Quad injury is obviously "better" than a knee. Obviously out for the season and probably for a significant part of next but he will play again basketball... so yeah it sucks but could have been worst

Kori Ellis
05-04-2017, 10:49 AM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=268069&page=3

Yeah, unfortunately it looks like I was right.

RodNIc91
05-04-2017, 10:49 AM
If its a ruptured quad, is it still career ending for him? I guess this means his speed is all but gone.

SAGirl
05-04-2017, 10:50 AM
Mills and Ginobili giving him so much respect and mentioning "his presence" and his penchant for big time shots...

It's sad, plus it's so sudden and inopportune bc Tony was playing so well
https://admin.mashable.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Love-and-Other-Drugs.gif

Brazil
05-04-2017, 10:51 AM
Sorry to hear about Parker, he is a great player.

DD

:tu

BG_Spurs_Fan
05-04-2017, 10:53 AM
Quad injury is obviously "better" than a knee. Obviously out for the season and probably for a significant part of next but he will play again basketball... so yeah it sucks but could have been worst

Ruptured quad tendon is a knee injury and pretty severe, it's worse than torn ACL or MCL for example. The only positive is that it doesn't compromise the structure of the knee because it's at the top and would fully heal in time, a long time though. They'll prob drill holes in his patella to attach it back. Ouch.

Russ
05-04-2017, 10:54 AM

Mike Conley?

In any event, TP is a proud athlete -- he'll likely play 2-3 more years as a mentor (not a starter). Even at that, he can likely have some nice moments in big games. I think TP loves this life too much to walk away without a fight.

SAGirl
05-04-2017, 10:55 AM
me too... I feel the same... although good to hear it's a muscle injury he can recover from.

TheGreatYacht
05-04-2017, 10:57 AM
Mike Conley?

In any event, TP is a proud athlete -- he'll likely play 2-3 more years as a mentor (not a starter). Even at that, he can likely have some nice moments in big games. I think TP loves this life too much to walk away without a fight.
Conley just received the biggest contract in NBA history last offseason. Sadly.

Yeah, if Patty stays him and TP would be a great backup backcourt to have. Murray the starter

SpursforSix
05-04-2017, 10:57 AM
Murray needs to be part of the picture next year going forward but to the people who think he should or will be our starter are DEAD WRONG in that approach. Kawhi is entering his prime and yes the Warriors will be tough to compete with but the Spurs can't afford to "somewhat rebuild" when Kawhi isn't even under contract for more then 2 years

I agree that Murray hasn't shown anything to point to him being a starter. But I'm hoping that he develops and proves me wrong. That being said, I don't think you break the bank for Paul and end up with another old player locked in on a big money contract.

If they were closer to the Warriors, then maybe. But as I said, I don't think he puts them close enough. Other than the hope that Murray develops, I don't know that they have a good answer for GSW. And a lot of that falls on the disappointment of LMA and Pau.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-04-2017, 11:00 AM
ACL or meniscus would have been better for him. He should just retire, this will be tough to come back from at his age and probably take all of next season.

Brazil
05-04-2017, 11:01 AM
Ruptured quad tendon is a knee injury and pretty severe, it's worse than torn ACL or MCL for example. The only positive is that it doesn't compromise the structure of the knee because it's at the top and would fully heal in time, a long time though. They'll prob drill holes in his patella to attach it back. Ouch.

you are right but better as far as I know than the joint

anyway it sucks but not career ending suck... well hopefully

SpursforSix
05-04-2017, 11:04 AM
ACL or meniscus would have been better for him. He should just retire, this will be tough to come back from at his age and probably take all of next season.

:pop: It's cool. It's an extra season of rest so he'll be ready for the contract extension.

Robz4000
05-04-2017, 11:04 AM
Done for the year, but it's better than an ACL injury. Recovery time for a torn quad is 4-6 months iirc.

SASdynasty!
05-04-2017, 11:05 AM
It was a good run, RIP Parker

cjw
05-04-2017, 11:05 AM
I know too soon, but can someone who knows cap better than I do explain what happens to cap next season? If he retires (doubtful because why leave that money?) he falls off the cap. But if he's ruled out for all of next season, how does DPE play into the offseason?

baseline bum
05-04-2017, 11:10 AM
I know too soon, but can someone who knows cap better than I do explain what happens to cap next season? If he retires (doubtful because why leave that money?) he falls off the cap. But if he's ruled out for all of next season, how does DPE play into the offseason?

You don't get an exception for a season ending injury.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-04-2017, 11:11 AM
Done for the year, but it's better than an ACL injury. Recovery time for a torn quad is 4-6 months iirc.

Two months in a cast and 6-10 months rehab dependent on age. I'd assume he's be on the higher end of that range though he will obviously have access to a better care and rehab team than most. But given his health issues in the past, still assume you're talking the better part of 10 months or more for his rehab cycle.

rjv
05-04-2017, 11:11 AM
ACL or meniscus would have been better for him. He should just retire, this will be tough to come back from at his age and probably take all of next season. i think the ACL would have been worse. the think about the quad is there really isn't much else surrounding it that would also get damaged. the negative is the low amount of blood flow delays the healing process and the amount of time it will be immobilized will cause his leg to lose some strength. still, this is not a career ending injury. and the ACL would not have necessarily been the case either (sean played without an ACL in one knee).

rjv
05-04-2017, 11:13 AM
Two months in a cast and 6-10 months rehab dependent on age. I'd assume he's be on the higher end of that range though he will obviously have access to a better care and rehab team than most. But given his health issues in the past, still assume you're talking the better part of 10 months or more for his rehab cycle. i would say depending on how much strength he loses, that will determine the amount of time he is out. best case scenario would have him back somewhere at the start of 2018.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-04-2017, 11:15 AM
i would say depending on how much strength he loses, that will determine the amount of time he is out. best case scenario would have him back somewhere at the start of 2018.

It's no secret he has had weight issues in thee past. With a slowing metabolism it will be about more than just rehab of the quad.

ACL injuries are a six month turnaround now in the NBA and NFL. Would have been far easier for him to recover from and actually play next season.

Do one of the cap people know, could Spurs buy him out and then resign him year after next if he can make it back?

boutons_deux
05-04-2017, 11:16 AM
two months in a cast means serious muscular atrophy, up and down the leg, hip.

I don't know whether pro athlete trainers can avoid or minimize that.

cjw
05-04-2017, 11:17 AM
You don't get an exception for a season ending injury.

Yes, you do. Next season, not this season.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-04-2017, 11:18 AM

No way around that. It's part of why that rehab period is so long. That and blood flow to the tendon.

SAGirl
05-04-2017, 11:18 AM
Absolutely...
I am unsure about it right now and honestly, I am still really, really sad about this happening to "the Phoenix".. dude was a warrior and a true "Phoenix" this season (as you called him ironically) with the resurgence he was having... Anyways, losing Manu too (again we love him but he really should retire)... it's tough to tell.

I agree that Murray hasn't shown anything to point to him being a starter. But I'm hoping that he develops and proves me wrong. That being said, I don't think you break the bank for Paul and end up with another old player locked in on a big money contract.

If they were closer to the Warriors, then maybe. But as I said, I don't think he puts them close enough. Other than the hope that Murray develops, I don't know that they have a good answer for GSW. And a lot of that falls on the disappointment of LMA and Pau.
I agree with you. It's tough to tell... without the Phoenix this season they wouldn't have even gotten out of the first round, let's be honest. So in that sense, yes Lamarcus and Pau both have disappointed. I don't think either could have done what Tony did for the team and was doing...

Players to watch right now for the rest of the postseason are Mills and Simmons... both are likely to get the heaviest share of scoring and creating minutes and both are FA. See, to even retain the level of team that they have they will have to spend anyways, so relying more on Murray seems like a real scenario.

SpursforSix
05-04-2017, 11:19 AM

They'll certainly have to rely on BigPharma and BigAg to help him get through it.

Ice009
05-04-2017, 11:27 AM

You guys are wrong. I don't think TD intended that game to be his last game. He just wanted to win so I think that is why he reacted that way. I read he tried to start his normal workouts in June, but his good knee still wasn't responding like he expected, so that is why he called it quits. I'm pretty sure that he intended to play if his good knee healed during the off-season.

SpursforSix
05-04-2017, 11:29 AM
Absolutely...
I am unsure about it right now and honestly, I am still really, really sad about this happening to "the Phoenix".. dude was a warrior and a true "Phoenix" this season (as you called him ironically) with the resurgence he was having... Anyways, losing Manu too (again we love him but he really should retire)... it's tough to tell.

I agree with you. It's tough to tell... without the Phoenix this season they wouldn't have even gotten out of the first round, let's be honest. So in that sense, yes Lamarcus and Pau both have disappointed. I don't think either could have done what Tony did for the team and was doing...

Players to watch right now for the rest of the postseason are Mills and Simmons... both are likely to get the heaviest share of scoring and creating minutes and both are FA. See, to even retain the level of team that they have they will have to spend anyways, so relying more on Murray seems like a real scenario.

Yeah...it sucks. Parker stepped up when no one else did (besides Leonard). He kept them in the games and made shots when they absolutely needed them. Without him, I'm not sure we get through Memphis.

I agree with Mills and Simmons. But I'd also add Green to your list. Over the last few weeks, he's actually looked pretty good at taking the ball to the rim. He's still very inconsistent at hitting the 3. But when he's on, he has to be accounted for.
Mills is what he is. I hope Simmons can continue to bring what he did last night.

As to next year, I think Mills and Simmons are replaceable. The Spurs have always been able to find someone that can knock down threes. Neal, Barry, Mason, etc. Mills isn't a skilled enough PG to justify what he's probably going to ask for. I'd rather them keep Simmons for a reasonable amount than overpay Patty.

But the reality is, unless Murray steps up, the team could be stuck in a holding pattern. I don't envision LMA or Pau having better years ahead. And other than Murray, there's not anyone in the system to be excited about. Which is why I hate to say that it would be best if Manu and Parker hang it up after this season and free up some money.

boutons_deux
05-04-2017, 11:30 AM
No way around that. It's part of why that rehab period is so long. That and blood flow to the tendon.

yep, muscles are truly "Use It or Lose It"

ceperez
05-04-2017, 11:37 AM
Absolutely...

Spurs youngins need to grow up very quickly now.

Sad to see that was likely Tony Parker's last game as the Spurs. His body can't hold it together anymore, too much milleage and he's not going to be able to revover from this at his age.

Manu could recover from last year's injury because what was damaged wasn't exactly something you need in a game.

I must say... the big three played until their bodies brokedown. Unbelievable!

ducks
05-04-2017, 11:38 AM
Jeff McDonald‏Verified account @JMcDonald_SAEN · 3m3 minutes ago

Spurs announce it: MRI reveals ruptured left quadriceps tendon for Tony Parker. He will miss the remainder of the playoffs.

SAGirl
05-04-2017, 11:40 AM
Jeff McDonald‏Verified account @JMcDonald_SAEN · 3m3 minutes ago

Spurs announce it: MRI reveals ruptured left quadriceps tendon for Tony Parker. He will miss the remainder of the playoffs.
Thanks for sharing.
sad news.

SAGirl
05-04-2017, 11:42 AM
I must say... the big three played until their bodies brokedown. Unbelievable!
True. They always say the end comes suddenly and it's never pretty.

picnroll
05-04-2017, 11:43 AM
Looks like 6 to 8 mos recovery.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-04-2017, 11:46 AM
Looks like 6 to 8 mos recovery.

The clinical recovery time frame is 6-10 months from the day of surgery, increasing with age. And, well, he's kind of old and has weight issues already.

Mal
05-04-2017, 12:13 PM
The clinical recovery time frame is 6-10 months from the day of surgery, increasing with age. And, well, he's kind of old and has weight issues already.

But he`ll get the best medical care, in US or in France. The big question is - will this be worth. At age 36, start from the scratch and not being able to play his style of basketball. Tony will say he`ll fight to comeback, obviously.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-04-2017, 12:18 PM
The best medical care in the world can't overcome biology.

rjv
05-04-2017, 12:25 PM
the worst thing is that tony likely won't retire to start (nor should he), so spurs would have to start the process for declaring a disabled player exception without really knowing if he would miss the entire year.

Hoops Czar
05-04-2017, 12:26 PM
The best medical care in the world can't overcome biology.

Old in respect to What? He's 34, not 50. He'll be back around January or February of next year.

RodNIc91
05-04-2017, 12:41 PM
Old in respect to What? He's 34, not 50. He'll be back around January or February of next year.

Do you realize hes' been playing professionally since he was 15 or so? He's 34 but with a lot more mileage.

Hoops Czar
05-04-2017, 01:00 PM
Do you realize hes' been playing professionally since he was 15 or so? He's 34 but with a lot more mileage.

Spurstalk internet doctors reacts the same way to all serious injuries. :lol When Paul George went down with a compound fracture of the tibia and fibula, it was a career ender :lol OOPS!!! When Durant went down with Jones stress fracture in his right foot, it was he'll never be the same again.:lol OOPS!!! Parker will be back at some point and he will recover fully from his injury. And correct, his productivity on the court when he returns will be hampered by his age and mileage but not his injury sustained vs the Rockets.

hater
05-04-2017, 01:02 PM
Spurstalk internet doctors reacts the same way to all serious injuries. :lol When Paul George went down with a compound fracture of the tibia and fibula, it was a career ender :lol OOPS!!! When Durant went down with Jones stress fracture in his right foot, it was he'll never be the same again.:lol OOPS!!! Parker will be back at some point and he will recover fully from his injury. And correct, his productivity on the court when he returns will be hampered by his age and mileage but not his injury sustained vs the Rockets.

Parker already had nagging injuries. Those nagging injuries come with mileage.

A serious injury only compounds those nagging injuries.

He'll be lucky if he can get out of bed without pain.

SpursforSix
05-04-2017, 01:06 PM
Parker already had nagging injuries. Those nagging injuries come with mileage.

Maybe. Even if they have to cut his leg off, he'll still be a young multimillionaire with several rings.

SAGirl
05-04-2017, 01:06 PM
TBF Paul George was a lot younger and it did take him a full season to recover. (Durant too in a way and had to have multiple surgeries, but also younger)... Paul George came back at the end of the season after the injury and he wasn't right, nor playing that well, so it was over a year for him to look like himself again.

Different injury but still requiring a very long rehab... with Tony being 34 I have to think he's out all of next season, so he will attempt a comeback at 36. His thing was always quickness, so his future was always uncertain the older he got anyways. It could go either way. He comes back as a vet with a small role in another season, or he doesn't.

LittleCriminal
05-04-2017, 01:12 PM
Thank you TP9 for all you have done for the fans/ spurs franchise.
May you be at peace in retirement.
You will be missed.

Hoops Czar
05-04-2017, 01:16 PM
]Parker already had nagging injuries. Those nagging injuries come with mileage.[/B]

Wait, so Tony wasn't faking it all those times? :lol

-21-
05-04-2017, 01:19 PM

Is there a possibility that he doesn't play next season? Or worse, could it be a career-ender?

This is really sad regardless of how well or how bad he was playing, the guy is a Spurs legend. I guess most people here finally get what they want smh. It's gonna be so much tougher to win without our second best playmaker behind Kawhi.

Get well soon Tony... :depressed

in2deep
05-04-2017, 01:29 PM
Parker has weight issues? :lmao

Brazil
05-04-2017, 02:00 PM

reading this stuff I was like ST creates his own narrative and suddenly it becomes the truth :lol

Diaw has/had weight issues, Parker never has or had weight issues

ElNono
05-04-2017, 02:01 PM
reading this stuff I was like ST creates his own narrative and suddenly it becomes the truth :lol

Diaw has/had weight issues, Parker never has or had weight issues

sup bro... my condolences, tbh...

emanueldavidginobili
05-04-2017, 02:05 PM
This injury by Parker not in a doubt in my mind has 100% GUARANTEED that Manu is going to retire after this season.

Spurs Brazil
05-04-2017, 03:59 PM
:depressed:depressed:depressed:depressed:depressed :depressed

Brazil
05-04-2017, 04:04 PM
sup bro... my condolences, tbh...

accepted brah

time to resign Manu and shut him down untill January so both can play together in 2018 tbh

spursistan
05-04-2017, 04:08 PM
Man, so cruel to Tony. He's been by far our second best player in the playoffs..:pctoss..

tholdren
05-04-2017, 04:10 PM

yes. if you don't see it, then you're a retard