PDA

View Full Version : Do Spurs Keep Patty Now?

BillMc
05-04-2017, 09:58 PM
With Tony's injury, are the Spurs more likely to keep Patty now? And, if so, did his price just go up?

And, as Patty is on record that he wants to be a starter somewhere, will he sign with Murray breathing down his neck?

dabom
05-04-2017, 10:02 PM
Patty right now is one of the most consistent player on the Spurs. He won't lose you games. Other players are hit or miss. Patty has always been consistent. Especially when the chips are down, but at the same time he is a role player. If we lose this Playoffs, they probably gonna blame him even if he was a positive player(not talking about plus minus here).

The highest paid players should get the blame, seeing as how they are played to be consistent and not washed up. Patty is playing well above his expectations.

BackHome
05-04-2017, 10:02 PM
Man you made me spit out my food with that comment "Murray Breathing Down His Kneck" :).. I like Murray but he is two years away from taking the starting role of PG for our team at best the kid is just so raw. But to answer you question I think Mills does stay and is our starting PG next year.

OMG - I just agreed with Dabom........:rolleyes:lol

Nathan89
05-04-2017, 10:03 PM
Patty isn't a legit starter. This is his only opportunity to start anywhere. I really don't want to pay him though.

dabom
05-04-2017, 10:06 PM
Man you made me spit out my food with that comment "Murray Breathing Down His Kneck" :).. I like Murray but he is two years away from taking the starting role of PG for our team at best the kid is just so raw. But to answer you question I think Mills does stay and is our starting PG next year.

OMG - I just agreed with Dabom........:rolleyes:lol

I'm one of the most consistent posters on here talking about basketball. Your BBIQ just went up a tons. :tu

dabom
05-04-2017, 10:07 PM
Patty is so bad, he starts for our starting SG in closing out games. :lol

dabom
05-04-2017, 10:11 PM
I just looked at Kawhi's contract. He's getting paid 18mil this year. 19 next year

Patty needs a 48mil/4year contract. And he stays.

ducks
05-04-2017, 10:12 PM
Pop does not promise starting jobs

ducks
05-04-2017, 10:15 PM
Sixers offered Manu a ton off money
Some team will offer patty 15 or 17 million a year and he will go buy buy
Like Cory did

dabom
05-04-2017, 10:15 PM
Patty is so bad, he starts for our starting SG in closing out games. :lol

Patty, Kawhi, and LMA have legit been the only consistent players at the end of games. Everything else is moot.

dabom
05-04-2017, 10:17 PM
It's patty mills last contract. He's 28. He needs to get 14mil a year for 4 years min.

dabom
05-04-2017, 10:17 PM
Spurs cant lose manu and tony and patty. I just dont see that happening.

MultiTroll
05-04-2017, 10:18 PM
With Tony's injury, are the Spurs more likely to keep Patty now? And, if so, did his price just go up?

And, as Patty is on record that he wants to be a starter somewhere, will he sign with Murray breathing down his neck?
Still need to play out the season to get a clear picture.
If we flame out vs Houston and Patty is average, don't really care.
Other extreme if we legit Championship and Patty kicks ass, wow that will be a good problem to have.

If like most NBAers Patty goes where the most $ is, I think it's hasta la vista on both sides.

Hoops Czar
05-04-2017, 10:18 PM
Patty, Kawhi, and LMA have legit been the only consistent players at the end of games. Everything else is moot.

You have no idea what 'consistent' means. Quit using it in a sentence.

dabom
05-04-2017, 10:19 PM
You have no idea what 'consistent' means. Quit using it in a sentence.

Tell me how I'm wrong, faggot. :lmao

poop
05-04-2017, 10:19 PM
Patty is a man who throws the ball through the hoop

MultiTroll
05-04-2017, 10:21 PM
And, as Patty is on record that he wants to be a starter somewhere,
If he wants to start and play starters minutes, I cannot see a contender now nor in the near or long future where his defense will hold up. Just undersized, period.
So I guess if money and starting for any scrub team is his sole motive, go pull a Delly.

05-04-2017, 10:22 PM
Hope not, time to move on

ducks
05-04-2017, 10:22 PM
Patty is a man who throws the ball through the hoop

Patty is a man who can handle someone pressing him up the court

Hoops Czar
05-04-2017, 10:24 PM
Tell me how I'm wrong, faggot. :lmao

Re-watch the Memphis series and tell me how you're right. Oh, and LMA with his whopping 4 points in game 1 against Houston. :lol

dabom
05-04-2017, 10:25 PM
Re-watch the Memphis series and tell me how you're right. Oh, and LMA with his whopping 4 points in game 1 against Houston. :lol

Do you know what "consistent" means? :lol

poop
05-04-2017, 10:31 PM
Patty is a man who can handle someone pressing him up the court

Patty is a man that can bounce the rubber ball good

dabom
05-04-2017, 11:54 PM
I bet MaNu4Tres 50 bucks Patty is still here next year. Any salary. Deal. :tu

GSH
05-04-2017, 11:56 PM
Do Spurs Keep Patty Now?

Not as long as Jimmer is out there, without a team. :D

TheGreatYacht
05-04-2017, 11:58 PM
No, we have Bryn Forbes for much cheaper.

MaNu4Tres
05-04-2017, 11:58 PM
I bet MaNu4Tres 50 bucks Patty is still here next year. Any salary. Deal. :tu

He still may not be. :toast

Parker going down increased the odds for sure, but Spurs still have other options. It's going to be an interesting off-season with the new Parker dynamic.

I'd prefer Spurs go the value route with Mack or Collison than pay Dana Barros 4/50-60 million.

dabom
05-05-2017, 12:01 AM
No, we have Bryn Forbes for much cheaper.

That some serious trolling dude. :lol

spurtech09
05-05-2017, 12:14 AM
We all don't know who will be Spurs starting PG next yr.

spurtech09
05-05-2017, 12:15 AM
Spurs need to get a legit BIG.....

purist
05-05-2017, 12:18 AM
Spurs need to sign Jj reddick
and draft monte Morris

TheGreatYacht
05-05-2017, 12:19 AM
Spurs need to get a legit BIG.....
Not really tbh. Legit bigs are losers. It's 1990's basketball. Warriors and Cavs don't have legit bigs, they have stretch 4's.

Anthony Davis, Demarcus Cousins, KAT, Drummond, etc all career losers.

spurtech09
05-05-2017, 12:21 AM
Not really tbh. Legit bigs are losers. It's 1990's basketball. Warriors and Cavs don't have legit bigs, they have stretch 4's.

Anthony Davis, Demarcus Cousins, KAT, Drummond, etc all career losers.Well atleast someone to replace LMA....

TheGreatYacht
05-05-2017, 12:29 AM
Well atleast someone to replace LMA....
McGee.

Dump LaCarcass in Boston and try to take Bradley or Smart since they're loaded at SG aka our weakest position.

Nathan89
05-05-2017, 12:29 AM
Spurs need a small versatile lineup. Patty is too damn small. A huge defensive liability. A waste of money.

MaNu4Tres
05-05-2017, 12:46 AM
Spurs need a small versatile lineup. Patty is too damn small. A huge defensive liability. A waste of money.

Yup.

I opt to go for better value with Mack or Collison and eventually use that Patty money elsewhere. I think it's a massive mistake to spend 3-4/50 for a player who is a liability on D. Especially in todays NBA. If Spurs are paying 10+ mil/per on a player, that player needs to be able to defend at the very least.

UNT Eagles 2016
05-05-2017, 01:17 AM
McGee.

Dump LaCarcass in Boston and try to take Bradley or Smart since they're loaded at SG aka our weakest position.
Bradley is a great two-way player would be nice next to Leonard. Aldridge for Bradley and Crowder would be a nice haul if we lose Simmons

Nathan89
05-05-2017, 01:26 AM
Bradley is a great two-way player would be nice next to Leonard. Aldridge for Bradley and Crowder would be a nice haul if we lose Simmons

Boston isn't going to trade Crowder because has 3 years left on a low contract. Bradley and Smart only have 1 year left. One of them should be easily attainable for LMA. I doubt they would get rid of both though.

BG_Spurs_Fan
05-05-2017, 01:26 AM
Unless he gets a ridiculous offer I'm pretty sure they can't afford to let him go, they won't have much money to spend in the offseason and have to use his bird rights. It's not like they can opt not to sign him for $12 mil per and throw that money at someone else, they'll likely only have the exceptions to work with, barring some major overhaul.

I expect him to stay on a Danny Green type of contract.

UNT Eagles 2016
05-05-2017, 01:47 AM
Unless he gets a ridiculous offer I'm pretty sure they can't afford to let him go, they won't have much money to spend in the offseason and have to use his bird rights. It's not like they can opt not to sign him for $12 mil per and throw that money at someone else, they'll likely only have the exceptions to work with, barring some major overhaul.

I expect him to stay on a Danny Green type of contract.

he isn't worth 4y/40m, but neither is DG tbh.

SAGirl
05-05-2017, 02:10 AM
It really is possible they were planning on paying him anyways (see every point and thread made about it by TD 21) On top of that Pop loves him, loves his veterans. is unlikely to want to speed up Dijon's development, unless Dijon speeds up himself (I am very hopeful he can), plus with all his other favorite guards retiring or out he is likely to be attached to Mills. You add to that the fact that better guards than him in FA will be tough to get and I could see him back.

However, it's also possible they want to go after a star PG like CP3 instead. Mills future with the team has seemed clouded to me for a while now.

Robz4000
05-05-2017, 03:14 AM
At this point I think so since there's basically no chance of CP3/Lowry/etc coming here, and even though we're all high on Murray you can't go into next season with him as the only returning PG.

100%duncan
05-05-2017, 04:30 AM
If we're going all out for CP3, Patty might bolt.

Nathan89
05-05-2017, 12:00 PM
If we're playing a sg at pg then I want it to be a ball hawking guard like Avery Bradley that can somewhat play defense on the 1-4 on GSW. The perimeter defense of Bradley, Green, and Kawhi will get us back to the WCF(if we don't play GSW) and gives us the best chance possible vs GSW.

MaNu4Tres
05-05-2017, 12:17 PM
I think SA still anticipates Parker coming back at some point next year

If they feel confident he will be back and if they feel confident about Murray, then they should let Mills walk. And go after a cheaper option to fill a gap btw the start of next season and when Parker returns.

SAGirl
05-05-2017, 12:35 PM
If we're going all out for CP3, Patty might bolt.
Yes, I am completely unsure about those rumors, but they are out there and Pop has done nothing but win now moves lately.. He clearly has no interest in taking a season off, or whatever, he would just as soon retire... etc. Again just unknown about CP3 or any other star, but at the same time, I wouldn't put it past this current Spurs to be be active in FA. The past couple of seasons they have been shedding depth for "stars".

TD 21
05-05-2017, 03:42 PM
Yup.

I opt to go for better value with Mack or Collison and eventually use that Patty money elsewhere. I think it's a massive mistake to spend 3-4/50 for a player who is a liability on D. Especially in todays NBA. If Spurs are paying 10+ mil/per on a player, that player needs to be able to defend at the very least.

Mack probably goes for one of the smaller exceptions. As a fringe rotation level player, who doesn't excel at any particular thing, barring a massive leap from Murray, they'd be significantly worse.

Collison probably goes for the full MLE. As a 6th man level player, even if Murray makes minimal progress, they could probably more or less maintain, but I doubt the Spurs would touch a player with a domestic violence incident.

The problem with squandering Mills' Bird rights and utilizing an exception on a PG, is that's one less tool an already financially limited team, would have to re-sign Dedmon or a similar big or add a much needed third wing.

sasaint
05-05-2017, 04:13 PM
Mack probably goes for one of the smaller exceptions. As a fringe rotation level player, who doesn't excel at any particular thing, barring a massive leap from Murray, they'd be significantly worse.

Collison probably goes for the full MLE. As a 6th man level player, even if Murray makes minimal progress, they could probably more or less maintain, but I doubt the Spurs would touch a player with a domestic violence incident.

The problem with squandering Mills' Bird rights and utilizing an exception on a PG, is that's one less tool an already financially limited team, would have to re-sign Dedmon or a similar big or add a much needed third wing.

Your takes are excellent except that recent evidence strongly suggests that the chances the Spurs re-sign Deadman are slim and none - and mostly none. He is not just in Pop's doghouse; that particular doghouse is in the back of the kennel.

But using Bird rights to preserve maximum cap flexibility seems like a no-brainier unless some team makes Patty a ridiculous offer OR Patty is adamant about starting.

sasaint
05-05-2017, 04:22 PM
Yes, I am completely unsure about those rumors, but they are out there and Pop has done nothing but win now moves lately.. He clearly has no interest in taking a season off, or whatever, he would just as soon retire... etc. Again just unknown about CP3 or any other star, but at the same time, I wouldn't put it past this current Spurs to be be active in FA. The past couple of seasons they have been shedding depth for "stars".

The CP3 rumors scare me. He would be the wrong FA signing at the wrong time. We desperately need to get Kawhi a longer-term running buddy. This may not be the year to make that happen. If not, then be patient and use the cap space many expect in 2018 for that guy. I can just see a ball-dominant, uber-alpha-mentality CP3 ignoring Kawhi to a greater extent than many accuse Tony of having done this last season. Besides, he is just too old.

Unfortunately,,as you noted, signing CP3 would fit PATFO's recent MO.

Joseph Kony
05-05-2017, 04:27 PM
Patty right now is one of the most consistent player on the Spurs. He won't lose you games. Other players are hit or miss. Patty has always been consistent. Especially when the chips are down, but at the same time he is a role player. If we lose this Playoffs, they probably gonna blame him even if he was a positive player(not talking about plus minus here).

The highest paid players should get the blame, seeing as how they are played to be consistent and not washed up. Patty is playing well above his expectations.ehh....idk if i agree with that. I love me some paddy but he's just as likely to go 0-7 from 3 as he is to go 4-6 imo. he has a tendency to be streaky, not really my definition of "consistent" tbh, unless you mean hes consistently streaky :lol

dabom
05-05-2017, 04:30 PM
ehh....idk if i agree with that. I love me some paddy but he's just as likely to go 0-7 from 3 as he is to go 4-6 imo. he has a tendency to be streaky, not really my definition of "consistent" tbh, unless you mean hes consistently streaky :lol

No he's not dude. Does it happen? Sure, but that's not consistent means. :lol

Joseph Kony
05-05-2017, 04:36 PM
vs Mem:
Game 1: 3-3 3PA
Game 2: 0-5 3PA
Game 3: 3-5 3PA
Game 4: 1-4 3PA
Game 5: 5-7 3PA
Game 6: 2-3 3PA

vs. Hou:
Game 1: 1-3 3PA
Game 2: 1-3 3PA

...like i said, he has been a monster when he is on, but he's been inconsistent from 3 so far...his overall % is great though

dabom
05-05-2017, 04:37 PM
.637TS% in the playoffs. Get the fuck out of here. :lmao

dabom
05-05-2017, 04:39 PM
Even those 1 for 3s is 50% You take that in the playoffs. :lol

Joseph Kony
05-05-2017, 04:39 PM
i dont think you understand the point of my initial comment, especially since you're pointing out his TS% which i already said was great :lol i just pointed out he is not overly consistent, tbh

SpursFan86
05-05-2017, 04:40 PM
Patty hit 1 three or less in 35 of the 80 games he played in this year...that's almost 50%. Haven't compared that to other 3-point shooters, but I don't think that'd be considered "one of the most consistent players".

dabom
05-05-2017, 04:40 PM
i dont think you understand the point of my initial comment, especially since you're pointing out his TS% which i already said was great :lol i just pointed out he is not overly consistent, tbh

Who said overly consistent? I said consistent. Even just taking into account threes using your logic, he is still at 50TS% on those 1 of 3 shootings. And those aren't even including his great days :lol

dabom
05-05-2017, 04:41 PM
Patty hit 1 three or less in 35 of the 80 games he played in this year...that's almost 50%. Haven't compared that to other 3-point shooters, but I don't think that'd be considered "one of the most consistent players".

Who has then? I'm waiting. :lmao

tmtcsc
05-05-2017, 04:42 PM
Who knows? Maybe his playoff performance will tell.

SpursFan86
05-05-2017, 04:43 PM
Who has then? I'm waiting. :lmao

On the Spurs? Probably no one...we have no consistent players outside of Kawhi :lol

Just saying - hitting one or less 3s pretty much every other game isn't what I'd call very consistent. Not for a guy taking 4 and a half 3s a game.

Joseph Kony
05-05-2017, 04:43 PM
Who said overly consistent? I said consistent. Even just taking into account threes using your logic, he is still at 50TS%. :lollol....you said he was "one of our most consistent players." i am merely pointing out that he isn't. and his overall shooting % is irrelevant because like i said, he is likely to go 5-7 from three which is 71% one night to 1-4 the next night, which obviously would still be a good overall %, but we're talking about consistency not his overall average

Joseph Kony
05-05-2017, 04:45 PM
Patty mills is a streaky player by nature who can go super nova if he gets hot...not sure why you're taking exception to someone pointing out he's streaky :lol

TD 21
Your takes are excellent except that recent evidence strongly suggests that the chances the Spurs re-sign Deadman are slim and none - and mostly none. He is not just in Pop's doghouse; that particular doghouse is in the back of the kennel.

But using Bird rights to preserve maximum cap flexibility seems like a no-brainier unless some team makes Patty a ridiculous offer OR Patty is adamant about starting.

Thanks.

I wouldn't read too much into Dedmon's limited role in the playoffs. It's difficult enough to play four traditional bigs in this era and it's all the more difficult in the playoffs, given the shortening of rotations. This is classic Pop, leaning on a veteran like Lee over the less experienced Dedmon. They desperately need a big like him though, so expect them to offer him the MLE. Lee is probably gone, unless he's willing to settle for the veteran's minimum again and a lesser role because Bertans is ready now to be a rotation player.

Technically, it wouldn't preserve cap flexibility; it would preserve an exception and they're going to need to use probably all available to them to flesh out this roster.

Even if Mills is adamant about starting, that's now in play, at least in the short term.

dabom
lol....you said he was "one of our most consistent players." i am merely pointing out that he isn't. and his overall shooting % is irrelevant because like i said, he is likely to go 5-7 from three which is 71% one night to 1-4 the next night, which obviously would still be a good overall %, but we're talking about consistency not his overall average

You keep saying FG%. Talk TS%.

dabom
05-05-2017, 04:46 PM
On the Spurs? Probably no one...we have no consistent players outside of Kawhi :lol

Just saying - hitting one or less 3s pretty much every other game isn't what I'd call very consistent. Not for a guy taking 4 and a half 3s a game.

I mean he has been closing out games almost the whole year. Must be for a reason. :lmao

Joseph Kony
05-05-2017, 04:48 PM
you keep talking about overall %s which has nothing to do with his game-by-game numbers. he's streaky. he's not one of our most consistent players. idk why you're moving the goalposts on that, the fact the he varies highly between games on his made shots is evidence enough that he is streaky. consistency would mean he is hitting around that % every game, like Kawhi, not going super hot a couple games, 0'fers for a couple, and normal for a couple more, which is how he plays. consistency =/= TS% brah

Joseph Kony
05-05-2017, 04:49 PM
also why do you keep clinging to his TS% when most of his damage is done at the 3 point line and thats his main weapon. idgaf about the couple ft's he takes and the 1 or 2 shots he hits inside the arc. his value is in his 3pt shooting, and he is a streaky shooter.

Joseph Kony
05-05-2017, 04:50 PM
"he closes out games" and "look at his TS%" arent arguments for him being a consistent player tbh..

dabom
05-05-2017, 04:52 PM
also why do you keep clinging to his TS% when most of his damage is done at the 3 point line and thats his main weapon. idgaf about the couple ft's he takes and the 1 or 2 shots he hits inside the arc. his value is in his 3pt shooting, and he is a streaky shooter.

Is 3-8 from 3 better than 4-8 from 2? Answer me this?

Joseph Kony
05-05-2017, 04:54 PM
i'm not sure how that questions is relevant to the discussion in anyway. i thought we were talking about consistency. 5/7 1 game, then 0/4 and 2/5 in the next isn't "consistent." i dont even know what point you're trying to make :lol

dabom
05-05-2017, 04:55 PM
i'm not sure how that questions is relevant to the discussion in anyway. i thought we were talking about consistency. 5/7 1 game, then 0/4 and 2/5 in the next isn't "consistent." i dont even know what point you're trying to make :lol

It is to the discussion. Answer it faggot. :lol

Joseph Kony
05-05-2017, 04:56 PM
lol....this is why no one takes you seriously and you constantly get shat on.

:cry omg you said patty wasnt consistent you're a faggot :cry

try to articulate an actual point, because you've failed pretty miserably at it thus far.

dabom
05-05-2017, 04:58 PM
FG is outdated brah. Get with the times. Especially for a 3 point shooter like Patty. :lmao

dabom
05-05-2017, 04:59 PM
I got so many haters, no one is even gonna try to correct this stupid fuck. :lmao

Joseph Kony
05-05-2017, 05:00 PM
you realize i'm strictly talking about his 3pt % right? once again you're talking about his TS% being some kind of indication that he is "consistent," which is false. all the stats i cited were from 3, not on 2s :lol

i'll let you attempt to make a well thought out argument though. explain to me how TS% = consistency and how patty's variation in shooting on a night by night basis is considered consistent. i'll wait.

dabom
05-05-2017, 05:01 PM
Don't get into a basketball discussion with me. You're gonna look stupid. Get off my lawn. :lmao

SAGirl
05-05-2017, 05:04 PM
The CP3 rumors scare me. He would be the wrong FA signing at the wrong time. We desperately need to get Kawhi a longer-term running buddy. This may not be the year to make that happen. If not, then be patient and use the cap space many expect in 2018 for that guy. I can just see a ball-dominant, uber-alpha-mentality CP3 ignoring Kawhi to a greater extent than many accuse Tony of having done this last season. Besides, he is just too old.

Unfortunately,,as you noted, signing CP3 would fit PATFO's recent MO.
I am unsure if that is who they want, but he's out there and there are rumors. There are others they could go after too. It will depend, as others have stated in multiple other threads, in how they feel about Lamarcus (and Pau to a lesser extent) moving forward. I wasn't originally claiming for Lamarcus to be traded, but frankly I don't care much for him right now. If Tony hadn't stepped up in the first round they would have gone home early with notably no one else stepping up to help Kawhi out. People forget that was Pau has been very erratic too, and at times very inefficient as well.. Manu is retiring, Tony might miss the entire season and/or maybe come back at half speed. (lets not forget Mills, a younger guy, came back from a shoulder surgery and wasn't the same guy until a full season after. Rehab takes a whole lot of time and my expectations for Tony are not good, being older, and a different kind of injury etc.) The point is, I wouldn't be surprised if the Spurs shake this roster up a bunch. In a way, I know they are very conservative, but in another, there is no longer the big 3, but the big one and Pop has to do something to get him help immediately.... not someone who looks promising to help 2 years from now. It's great to have guys like that but they also want to contend right now. I am still kind of split about this.

Joseph Kony
05-05-2017, 05:05 PM
no one is hating on you tbh, i made a simple point and your massive pussy started bleeding like always. i had been pretty cordial also and all of a sudden you can't articulate your point so you start calling people faggots when no one insulted you to begin with :lol you dont have haters, there's just a lot of posters who realize you're a dipshit who can't have a legit discussion without being stupid, not hard to understand imo

Joseph Kony
05-05-2017, 05:06 PM
lol cant make any point so tries to pass it off as being too knowledgeable...thanks for conceding victory faggot :tu another ST bitch taking that footlong kony in their ass.

dabom
05-05-2017, 05:07 PM
lol cant make any point so tries to pass it off as being too knowledgeable...thanks for conceding victory faggot :tu another ST bitch taking that footlong kony in their ass.

You lost 10 posts up. WTF are on about? :lmao

SpursFan86
05-05-2017, 05:11 PM
No one is arguing that Patty is inconsistent because of his FG% :lol

Overall, he's a very efficient player. That doesn't mean he's very consistent.

Player A goes 8/10 from deep one game, 1/5 in the next game, and then 1/5 after that. Overall he shot 50% from 3, but he was pretty inconsistent.

Player B goes 4/10 one game, 2/5 the next game, and 2/5 the game after that. Overall he shot 40% from 3. Worse than Player A - but definitely more consistent.

dabom
05-05-2017, 05:13 PM
No one is arguing that Patty is inconsistent because of his FG% :lol

Overall, he's a very efficient player. That doesn't mean he's very consistent.

Player A goes 8/10 from deep one game, 1/5 in the next game, and then 1/5 after that. Overall he shot 50% from 3, but he was pretty inconsistent.

Player B goes 4/10 one game, 2/5 the next game, and 2/5 the game after that. Overall he shot 40% from 3. Worse than Player A - but definitely more consistent.

I'm just gonna drop the argument but atleast some people understand the value of TS%. :lol

dabom
05-05-2017, 05:16 PM
Patty shot above 50%TS from for 6 games and below 50%TS in 2 games. We lost one of those. games. That's just 3 point shooting. I say that's consistent for a basketball player.

DMC
05-05-2017, 05:18 PM
Patty won't ever start full time for a competitive team. It's too easy to trap.

dabom
05-05-2017, 05:24 PM
I'm still trying to figure out if people expect Patty to shoot 50% from threes every game. :lol

:wow MVP srs.

Nathan89
05-05-2017, 05:27 PM
If Spurs overpay a 6ft sg to be the starting pg:lol

DPG21920
05-05-2017, 05:31 PM
Daboom is ESPN levels of bad.

dabom
05-05-2017, 05:32 PM
Daboom is ESPN levels of bad.

What part do you disagree with, faggot? :lmao

SpursFan86
05-05-2017, 05:32 PM
Breakdown of Mills's TS% this year. Let's assume <50 TS% = shitty, 50-55 TS% = mediocre, 56-60 TS% = good, 60+ TS% = great.

<50 TS% = 29 games
50-55 TS% = 5 games
56-60 TS% = 10 games
60+ TS% = 36 games

Seems to back up what we've been arguing, tbh...

dabom
05-05-2017, 05:33 PM
Breakdown of Mills's TS% this year. Let's assume <50 TS% = shitty, 50-55 TS% = mediocre, 56-60 TS% = good, 60+ TS% = great.

<50 TS% = 29 games
50-55 TS% = 5 games
56-60 TS% = 10 games
60+ TS% = 36 games

Seems to back up what we've been arguing, tbh...

We talking about the Regular Season in the Playoffs? Ok, faggot. :lmao

dabom
05-05-2017, 05:34 PM
Let me just tell you, NO ONE gives a shit about your Shooting splits in the Regular Season if you suck in the Playoffs. Just stop dude. :lol

SpursFan86
05-05-2017, 05:37 PM
Let me just tell you, NO ONE gives a shit about your Shooting splits in the Regular Season if you suck in the Playoffs. Just stop dude. :lol

So you don't care at all about Tony's regular season play? You'd still consider him the 2nd best player on the Spurs, since that's what he played like during these playoffs?

Interesting.

Leetonidas
05-05-2017, 05:38 PM
Lol....

TD 21
05-05-2017, 05:38 PM
I am unsure if that is who they want, but he's out there and there are rumors. There are others they could go after too. It will depend, as others have stated in multiple other threads, in how they feel about Lamarcus (and Pau to a lesser extent) moving forward. I wasn't originally claiming for Lamarcus to be traded, but frankly I don't care much for him right now. If Tony hadn't stepped up in the first round they would have gone home early with notably no one else stepping up to help Kawhi out. People forget that was Pau has been very erratic too, and at times very inefficient as well.. Manu is retiring, Tony might miss the entire season and/or maybe come back at half speed. (lets not forget Mills, a younger guy, came back from a shoulder surgery and wasn't the same guy until a full season after. Rehab takes a whole lot of time and my expectations for Tony are not good, being older, and a different kind of injury etc.) The point is, I wouldn't be surprised if the Spurs shake this roster up a bunch. In a way, I know they are very conservative, but in another, there is no longer the big 3, but the big one and Pop has to do something to get him help immediately.... not someone who looks promising to help 2 years from now. It's great to have guys like that but they also want to contend right now. I am still kind of split about this.

I wouldn't worry about it. To have a chance to get Paul, they'd have to . . .

- Salary dump Parker. The only chance to pull that off, would probably be attaching a future 1st. If he doesn't want to play for anyone else, he could use the entire season to recover, then re-sign the following off season.

- Salary dump Gasol. They'd want to do right by him. I don't know if he'd have interest in the Timberwolves, but unlike the Trail Blazers and Raptors, I could see them still having interest in him. Also, they have enough cap space to fit his salary without having to send any back.

- At that point, they could offer Paul the max and with another minor move (avert your eyes . . . salary dumping Anderson for one of the Magic's high 2nds, for example), they could potentially re-sign Dedmon with cap space, then target a third wing and big with the MLE and BAE, respectively.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that's not happening.

dabom
05-05-2017, 05:40 PM
So you don't care at all about Tony's regular season play? You'd still consider him the 2nd best player on the Spurs, since that's what he played like during these playoffs?

Interesting.

We'll its funny to add that Parker always played worse in the playoffs comparing to his RS. Patty seems to play better for comparison.

SAGirl
05-05-2017, 07:08 PM

- Salary dump Parker. The only chance to pull that off, would probably be attaching a future 1st. If he doesn't want to play for anyone else, he could use the entire season to recover, then re-sign the following off season.

- Salary dump Gasol. They'd want to do right by him. I don't know if he'd have interest in the Timberwolves, but unlike the Trail Blazers and Raptors, I could see them still having interest in him. Also, they have enough cap space to fit his salary without having to send any back.

- At that point, they could offer Paul the max and with another minor move (avert your eyes . . . salary dumping Anderson for one of the Magic's high 2nds, for example), they could potentially re-sign Dedmon with cap space, then target a third wing and big with the MLE and BAE, respectively.

You make some good points and I thank you for this feedback.

I am not really opposed to salary dump anderson if it will improve the team bc they are going to make drastic changes. I see your point clearly and I think if they have some move in n mind he could be gone easily, like Boris, like Tiago, like CoJo who signed elsewhere, Baynes, etc. They have chosen to stand pat though and in that context he has given value but if they shake the roster, some roleplayers (and alleged "stars" who are playing like roleplayers) will become loose and be shed. It might even be better for him, specifically.

Anyways, you make some good points. I frankly want to see them make a move to improve this roster. I think I am more in the camp against standing pat at this point. I mean the postseason isn't over and there are players who can still step up... so we shall see. But I haven't forgotten that they got this far on Kawhi's back and Tony's and Tony is "gone" next season(injured, questionable on his timing and the state of his play if/when he returns).

I also originally thought the time to make their move was 2018 based on apparent planification and scheduling of contracts by the front office, but the old players they decided to pay are falling off at an alarming rate.

None of this has anything to do with Mills, but he might be a casualty of a move for a "star" like CoJo was a casualty in 2015 for example. Again, I am really split on this. Deep down I tend to think they stand pat, but there is very little upside and a lot of downside to what they are doing right nown(unless Dijon really is the Kraken :tu). That is why I sympathize with Manu4tres in a way. I just think (unlike him) that a long term plan that consists of waiting for draft picks to develop to contribute for real 2 to 3 years from now is not something Spurs have in mind or can afford to embark on, or they should have started that this current season... maybe even the last one.

tholdren
05-05-2017, 07:26 PM
good locker room guy. I say keep

Nathan89
05-05-2017, 09:19 PM
Pay Mills and start him:lmao

spursistan
05-05-2017, 11:08 PM
Not a starting PG for a contender :lol..Has a terrible game-management feel and actually a bit of "Hero" in him that Tony get often accused of.. Dude nearly chucked us out of it in 3rd Q..

TheGreatYacht
05-05-2017, 11:12 PM
3-13 tonight. Thankfully he hit that late garbage time shot and went 4-14 :lol

99 Problems
05-05-2017, 11:53 PM
Big 3 f/t tbh. On the back of a 3. Little General front and centa when the cavalry were charging at us. If he grew his hair out speertalkers be thinking he Conley tbh.......

SAGirl
05-05-2017, 11:59 PM
Not a starting PG for a contender :lol..Has a terrible game-management feel and actually a bit of "Hero" in him that Tony get often accused of.. Dude nearly chucked us out of it in 3rd Q..
good bench microwave .. should get paid at a microwave rate.
Still unpredictable if they reup him bc you never know what other GMs have in mind.
Simmons making a push to get paid too. Folks who think he's signing a 1 and 1 :lol

TheGreatYacht
05-06-2017, 12:46 AM
Bryn Forbes salivating at the mouth

spursistan
05-06-2017, 01:52 AM
Still unpredictable if they reup him bc you never know what other GMs have in mind.
Simmons making a push to get paid too. Folks who think he's signing a 1 and 1 :lol
I would root for him to get paid elsewhere, he is just not a starting caliber PG for an aspiring contender..Even decrepit Parker still miles ahead as far as controlling the tempo and getting players in their offensive sets..

MaNu4Tres
05-06-2017, 01:57 AM

Folks said 1+1 deal based on likely hood of him not breaking out like he has this playoff run. Which was reasonable considering Pops tight leash and DNPs he had on him late in the year.

SAGirl
05-06-2017, 02:01 AM
Folks said 1+1 deal based on likely hood of him not breaking out like he has this playoff run. Which was reasonable considering Pops tight leash and DNPs he had on him late in the year.
I know as well as his inconsistency (which you mentioned and and I agree with) but dude is streaky and it was always a possibility that he would have that one game... now with Tony out and Manu being done he's got more chances and making the most of it... which I thought was a likely possibility (not the Tony part but Manu being done). He could be reupped but it will be market price within reason IMO. It's a legit non troll question who d you prioritize if the two.

again I am still unsure about any offseason moves to alter the roster dramatically but it still is a possibility.

Ice009
05-06-2017, 02:57 AM
Look, I'm going to shut up and not even talk about Patty's off-season situation. He just simply needs to play much better, right now. The Spurs need him to play better. I believe he can do it.

apalisoc_9
05-06-2017, 03:01 AM
Yeah..Mills game managing is awful.

spursistan
05-06-2017, 03:09 AM
Yeah..Mills game managing is awful.
Would be a terrible idea to overpay him in the summer..With Parker out early next season, Murray, a vet pick up and Point Kawhi should run the show :D

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C_HhO6TVYAAr-UV.jpg

apalisoc_9
05-06-2017, 03:35 AM
Would be a terrible idea to overpay him in the summer..With Parker out early next season, Murray, a vet pick up and Point Kawhi should run the show :D

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C_HhO6TVYAAr-UV.jpg

The chart makes sense because Leonnard can penetrate and create openings. The only offense Mills runs is shitty aldridge post ups or he puts kawhi in one in one Situation.

But he's obviously a fantastic offballl player.

Lets just hope Murray is better next game in his inevitable 12-15mpg gametime.

SpursIndonesia
05-06-2017, 04:20 AM
If they can have him at around MLE money or a bit more than that, then go ahead. But if not, Kawhi deserves better players around him if they would be getting a very fat contract.

What about Deron Williams at vet minimum next summer ? Him backing up Dijon should be decent & nice short term solution, while freeing money to spent elsewhere. Parker is done & should be retiring, as much as i love the guy, ever. Might have to consider a rebuilding on the fly by letting LMA go if this play off yields another disappointing result from him.

ace3g
05-07-2017, 01:23 PM

Nathan89
05-07-2017, 01:32 PM
:bang

Strategic
05-07-2017, 01:45 PM
At 5 mil or less he would be a nice bridge til Spurs can get Murray/Forbes up to speed.

dabom
05-07-2017, 01:48 PM
Pay the man.

Nathan89
05-07-2017, 01:51 PM
At 5 mil or less he would be a nice bridge til Spurs can get Murray/Forbes up to speed.:lol

dabom
05-07-2017, 01:55 PM
:lol

:lol

coachmac87
05-07-2017, 02:55 PM

The Spurs are going to go after Paul. Will they succeed at doing so is a different story though but the things you've listed could easily happen and another option you haven't listed is trading LMA..

SAGirl
05-07-2017, 05:33 PM
At 5 mil or less he would be a nice bridge til Spurs can get Murray/Forbes up to speed.
Heh
that article mentioned that right after the finals in 2014 the knicks were ready to give him a 2 year deal at $18 mill. (That was 3 years ago and before the inflation created by the TV deals the past couple of seasons.)
Mills is going to get paid. Make no mistale about it $5 mill a year is not going to be enough.

TD 21
05-07-2017, 06:03 PM
You make some good points and I thank you for this feedback.

None of this has anything to do with Mills, but he might be a casualty of a move for a "star" like CoJo was a casualty in 2015 for example.

No problem.

I suspect Mills only isn't re-signed if they prioritize Hill over him and they might. He'd be a better stop gap starter until hopefully Murray is ready in a few seasons and he can play with alongside him and Parker on both sides of the ball.

The Spurs are going to go after Paul. Will they succeed at doing so is a different story though but the things you've listed could easily happen and another option you haven't listed is trading LMA..

They probably will have a meeting, but as I and others have alluded to, realistically it's going to be nearly impossible to offer Paul the max unless Aldridge is traded with very little salary coming back and despite his subpar season, that would only lessen the appeal of leaving L.A. and $40-50M on the table.

Hill is a more realistic target, if what Marks of the Vertical, claims is true: "Hill should see his pay double from his current $8 million salary". If they project him being in that range, it's conceivable they could make a competitive offer without gutting the roster.

lilbthebasedgod
05-07-2017, 06:15 PM
Yeah, we're not gonna find a starting PG. Paul is not coming and Murray probably isn't gonna be ready to be a good backup yet alone a starter.

Strategic
05-07-2017, 06:16 PM
Heh
that article mentioned that right after the finals in 2014 the knicks were ready to give him a 2 year deal at $18 mill. (That was 3 years ago and before the inflation created by the TV deals the past couple of seasons.)
Mills is going to get paid. Make no mistale about it $5 mill a year is not going to be enough.Yeah I know. Just like seeing the Aussie crowd get defensive. Mills is a keeper but Spurs gonna need some help there.

PopTheGOAT
05-07-2017, 06:25 PM
I have no idea what the right moves are. It's a tough situation. I'm really wondering if Pop is trying to get by without using Dedmon to keep his value down, tbh.

Patty is a good player and I'd love to have him back, but paying him 14+ (Parker money) doesn't seem like a good move. Really need to go get an impact player before we waste Kawhi's prime years. If Pau opts in and PATFO is unable to dump his salary, our hands are probably tied.

BillMc
05-07-2017, 06:29 PM
I have no idea what the right moves are. It's a tough situation. I'm really wondering if Pop is trying to get by without using Dedmon to keep his value down, tbh.

Patty is a good player and I'd love to have him back, but paying him 14+ (Parker money) doesn't seem like a good move. Really need to go get an impact player before we waste Kawhi's prime years. If Pau opts in and PATFO is unable to dump his salary, our hands are probably tied.

Pop would never harm the team's chances by not playing a player for financial reasons. Dedmon isn't very good, He is inept on offense, and even on defense he's a foul machine.

I hope Pau opts in tbh.

ErnestLynch
05-07-2017, 06:34 PM
We all don't know who will be Spurs starting PG next yr.

It will be Chris Paul. That means a lot of roster changes to make room for his salary.

Strategic
05-07-2017, 06:34 PM
I hope Pau opts in tbh.Im in!

PopTheGOAT
05-07-2017, 06:36 PM
Pop would never harm the team's chances by not playing a player for financial reasons. Dedmon isn't very good, He is inept on offense, and even on defense he's a foul machine.

I hope Pau opts in tbh.
I'm still trying to decide on that one tbh. He's pretty inconsistent throughout this postseason so far. Need to see more games like game 3.

And you're probably right about Dedmon, just wishful thinking.

PopTheGOAT
05-07-2017, 06:36 PM
It will be Chris Paul. That means a lot of roster changes to make room for his salary.
Unless he takes a massive pay cut, not happening.

Down Under
05-07-2017, 06:39 PM
They've gotta keep Dedmon, he can finish PnR's and despite fouling too much, he's still one of the best defensive players in the NBA. Would be awesome if he could stay for MLE ($8.5) but will probably get bigger offers.

ErnestLynch
05-07-2017, 06:41 PM
Unless he takes a massive pay cut, not happening.
Tony, Pau, Manu, Patty all....gone.

PopTheGOAT
05-07-2017, 06:46 PM
Tony, Pau, Manu, Patty all....gone.
Manu probably, Patty, maybe. Odds are Pau opts in, and Tony is still under contract. I don't like CP3, but I'd take him bc I believe it would greatly improve our title chances. I just don't see the Spurs dumping Tony to free up the space.

SAGirl
05-07-2017, 07:11 PM
Yeah I know. Just like seeing the Aussie crowd get defensive. Mills is a keeper but Spurs gonna need some help there.
Gotcha

spurraider21
05-07-2017, 07:22 PM
if murray shows promise, then patty still gets the boot. they're trying to bring along forbes as his replacement

murray will try to replace parker's playmaking (which in the reg season was next to nothing), while forbes will try to replace patty's shooting/microwave

its a business decision more than anything. mills is set to get a decent contract, parker is still set to get paid about 15 mil, and we just spent a first round pick on a point guard