PDA

View Full Version : Coach Nick hops on the Clutch wagon re:Kawhi

Budkin
05-05-2017, 04:46 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vl8RvgLywz8

05-05-2017, 04:47 PM
I think all SF knows Kawhi gets away with traveling and double dribbling all the time :lol

RD2191
05-05-2017, 04:48 PM
I think all SF knows Kawhi gets away with traveling and double dribbling all the time :lol

Every star player gets away with it TBH. It's fukin stupid to only call Kawhi out for it.

Nathan89
05-05-2017, 04:51 PM
Wait traveling isn't called in the NBA? That's news to me.:lol

Chews
05-05-2017, 04:52 PM
lmfao. This is bitter sweet. Sad that people are trying to label him like this, seeing as ALL PLAYERS do the very same thing. On the other hand, it's awesome to know that he's so damn good that THIS is what they have to nitpick about.

John Petrucci
05-05-2017, 04:53 PM
Such BS for Coach Nick to single out Kawhi for this/make him the focus of this issue. Everyone does this.

He's the league's newest superstar so it's good for clicks I suppose. Expect to see a huge segment on The Jump devoted to Kawhi's traveling soon with guests Elhassan and S-Jax losing their shit over it.

apalisoc_9
05-05-2017, 04:56 PM
Coach Nic loves Kawhi..I wouldnt put anything on him :lol

05-05-2017, 04:56 PM
Every star player gets away with it TBH. It's fukin stupid to only call Kawhi out for it.
Coach is pretty unbiased tbh, he showed clips of plenty other nba players doing it at the end of the video, he used kawhi because he's an example of a star player doing it in the playoffs atm.

He's also done videos on IT carrying, Harden baiting fouls, etc so I don't think this is an "anti spur/kawhi" thing.

FkLA
05-05-2017, 04:57 PM
Watch clutchfans run with this video and ignore the one he made about Haren's foul seeking behavior like a week ago. :lol

dabom
05-05-2017, 04:57 PM
I can get more travel calls from Harden in the playoffs. :lol

2 plays from 2 series. :lmao

KDKSpurs24
05-05-2017, 04:58 PM
It's obvious why Kawhi does this. I don't even think he's aware. Honestly he's a great athlete buts he's awkward and stiff. Especially when he first got in the league. That's why some of his layups he travels or it looks like he's traveling because of awkward steps. Refs aren't gonna really call it though so oh well!

FkLA
05-05-2017, 04:59 PM
IEkTUVnhGZ0

dabom
05-05-2017, 05:00 PM
Atleast they didnt call the Kobe/Jordan pivot foots. That's part of the game.

05-05-2017, 05:01 PM
It's obvious why Kawhi does this. I don't even think he's aware. Honestly he's a great athlete buts he's awkward and stiff. Especially when he first got in the league. That's why some of his layups he travels or it looks like he's traveling because of awkward steps. Refs aren't gonna really call it though so oh well!Yeah some of those drives to the hoop look really awkward, and you can see the other team calling for a travel :lol he's like a clumsy, more efficient, less athletic version of Kobe

TheGreatYacht
05-05-2017, 05:04 PM
Still waiting for this high school coach to make a video about his favorite team, Moving Screen Worriers

DMC
05-05-2017, 05:06 PM
Sports marketing has to push the notion that KL isn't as good as he appears to be so more vocal "stars" can continue to pop jerseys and sell shoes.

Chews
05-05-2017, 05:07 PM
Went to the rockets forum to see what they had to say about it... its all "oh yea every time it happens my blood pressure goes through the roof." or "I cant stand to watch it, league will never call it"... yet I would bet if you were to ask any of them to recall one moment this series where they saw him travel they would be quiet as fuck.

Lets all just jump into defenders, snap our neck back, and see who can make more free throws :rolleyes

spurtech09
05-05-2017, 05:33 PM
The Warriors with there moving screens so what's new?

Chinook
05-05-2017, 05:40 PM
I think Rockets fans pressured him to make this because of the Harden vid. They want it to "even" rather than fair.

05-05-2017, 05:41 PM
Still waiting for this high school coach to make a video about his favorite team, Moving Screen Worriers
sU1XSRC7el0

dabom
05-05-2017, 05:42 PM
So Harden can travel and also hook people on the 3point land. That's a bigger advantage than anything Kawhi does.

Chinook
05-05-2017, 05:43 PM
Not that I'm against people calling fouls that are on the books and putting an end to offensive guys and stars have huge advantages, but I think it's not a big deal to not call travelling when it doesn't trick the defender. Most of those were moves he was making before setting again. It wasn't like taking extra steps on the drive or shuffling the feet during a cross-over.

dabom
05-05-2017, 05:45 PM
Not that I'm against people calling fouls that are on the books and putting an end to offensive guys and stars have huge advantages, but I think it's not a big deal to not call travelling when it doesn't trick the defender. Most of those were moves he was making before setting again. It wasn't like taking extra steps on the drive or shuffling the feet during a cross-over.

This is my biggest point. Kawhi isn't getting an unfair advantage. But cuckfans say otherwise. :lol

hitmanyr2k
05-05-2017, 05:53 PM
I've been saying for awhile now that Kawhi has been getting the Lebron treatment with the travels :lol Catching the ball and taking little steps here and there is nit-picky because you really have no advantage over your defender but the blatant 3-4 step switch your pivot foot travels in the post that Lebron is famous for make the game look bad. Kawhi has made huge progress over the years but that footwork needs some serious polish, not only in the post but with his dribble drives as well where he tends to get away with an extra step. He has Lebron-like mechanics that he's still young enough to shed.

Chinook
05-05-2017, 05:57 PM
I've been saying for awhile now that Kawhi has been getting the Lebron treatment with the travels :lol Catching the ball and taking little steps here and there is nit-picky because you really have no advantage over your defender but the blatant 3-4 step switch your pivot foot travels in the post that Lebron is famous for make the game look bad. Kawhi has made huge progress over the years but that footwork needs some serious polish, not only in the post but with his dribble drives as well where he tends to get away with an extra step. He has Lebron-like mechanics that he's still young enough to shed.

Maybe he should work with Kobe for real this time.

bic50
05-05-2017, 05:58 PM
Yeah some of those drives to the hoop look really awkward, and you can see the other team calling for a travel :lol he's like a clumsy, more efficient, less athletic version of Kobe
In what way is he clumsy?

dabom
05-05-2017, 05:58 PM

Does Frauden travel? And more or less than Kawhi?

bic50
05-05-2017, 06:02 PM
I think the way he's built makes his moves look awkward. Reminds me of Dwight Howard or DRob and Lebron. Big broad shoulders keeps their moves from looking as graceful imo.

hitmanyr2k
05-05-2017, 06:06 PM
Does Frauden travel? And more or less than Kawhi?

Harden is the king of travel, the king of flop, the king of free throw begging, the king of dumb shots. Harden is everything I hate about today's game.

dabom
05-05-2017, 06:09 PM
Harden is the king of travel, the king of flop, the king of free throw begging, the king of dumb shots. Harden is everything I hate about today's game.

:lol

hitmanyr2k
05-05-2017, 06:11 PM
Forgot to add that he plays absolutely no fuckin defense. Harden is the anti-Kawhi basically. Seeing that dude mentioned as an MVP candidate makes me sick.

05-05-2017, 06:14 PM
In what way is he clumsy?

I think the way he's built makes his moves look awkward. Reminds me of Dwight Howard or DRob and Lebron. Big broad shoulders keeps their moves from looking as graceful imo.

05-05-2017, 06:15 PM
LeBron is very graceful imo, Kiwi reminds me of Blake, very awkward watching him go to work, but he puts the ball in the hoop :tu

100%duncan
05-05-2017, 06:39 PM
LeBron is very graceful imo, Kiwi reminds me of Blake, very awkward watching him go to work, but he puts the ball in the hoop :tu

Lebron is so athletic plus naturally talented to move around in a basketball court. While Kawhi has a freakish like build close to prime bron, he isn't as naturally gifted obviously.