PDA

View Full Version : Emporer Trump

RandomGuy
05-05-2017, 04:53 PM
Why is Trump constantly issuing executive orders that are major power grabs of authority?

The problem with executive authority for the president, it's really bad news for this reason, since he's given up on working with Congress, he thinks he can impose anything he wants. He's not a king. He's a president.

It seems like he wants to do everything without the other branches of government. He's not a king, he's not a dictator, he's not allowed to do it himself.

President Trump has been a lawless president in his use of executive orders, whether those executive orders are around immigration or whether those executive orders are around guns. It is delusional, dangerous, not to mention unconstitutional for Trump to continue to talk about tariffs and inauguration crowd sizes in the wake of a Paris terrorist attack, instead of talking about a plan to defeat the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria.

With Congress away on recess and the American people distracted by the holidays, Trumps constant executive order power-play is classic dictator. These orders are an unconstitutional assault on America’s workers. Why are we robbing seniors and veterans of their hard-earned benefits to give handouts to coal industry and rich people? Why did we fight a revolution against the tyranny of one, unelected monarch so we could surrender our Constitution to this out-of-control president?

These orders are unilateral, overreaching and unconstitutional. Left unchecked, it is behavior that undermines, and will ultimately erode, the foundation of our democracy and our freedom.

With the GOP facing a potential loss of the Senate majority, Trumps arrogant answer will be to bypass Congress and act alone.

This is temper tantrum-like behavior and my-way-or-the-highway attitude.

TSA
05-05-2017, 04:58 PM
Why is Trump constantly issuing executive orders that are major power grabs of authority?

The problem with executive authority for the president, it's really bad news for this reason, since he's given up on working with Congress, he thinks he can impose anything he wants. He's not a king. He's a president.

It seems like he wants to do everything without the other branches of government. He's not a king, he's not a dictator, he's not allowed to do it himself.

President Trump has been a lawless president in his use of executive orders, whether those executive orders are around immigration or whether those executive orders are around guns. It is delusional, dangerous, not to mention unconstitutional for Trump to continue to talk about tariffs and inauguration crowd sizes in the wake of a Paris terrorist attack, instead of talking about a plan to defeat the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria.

With Congress away on recess and the American people distracted by the holidays, Trumps constant executive order power-play is classic dictator. These orders are an unconstitutional assault on America’s workers. Why are we robbing seniors and veterans of their hard-earned benefits to give handouts to coal industry and rich people? Why did we fight a revolution against the tyranny of one, unelected monarch so we could surrender our Constitution to this out-of-control president?

These orders are unilateral, overreaching and unconstitutional. Left unchecked, it is behavior that undermines, and will ultimately erode, the foundation of our democracy and our freedom.

With the GOP facing a potential loss of the Senate majority, Trumps arrogant answer will be to bypass Congress and act alone.

This is temper tantrum-like behavior and my-way-or-the-highway attitude.

Before I respond, can you show me a post of yours criticizing Obama for using executive orders in the exact same manner on the exact same issues.

RandomGuy
05-05-2017, 05:09 PM
Before I respond, can you show me a post of yours criticizing Obama for using executive orders in the exact same manner on the exact same issues.

In the same manner? Not really.

Exact same issues? Also unlikely.

My take on Obama's orders were tempered by the fact that executive orders don't tend to have as much effect as laws. Given the asshats in the GOP and the way they spent years doing everything they could to obstruct Obama on just about everything, including things they generally supported otherwise, I could understand a certain amount of frustration.

TSA
05-05-2017, 05:15 PM
In the same manner? Not really.

Exact same issues? Also unlikely.

My take on Obama's orders were tempered by the fact that executive orders don't tend to have as much effect as laws. Given the asshats in the GOP and the way they spent years doing everything they could to obstruct Obama on just about everything, including things they generally supported otherwise, I could understand a certain amount of frustration.

An executive order is an executive order---same manner.

"whether those executive orders are around immigration or whether those executive orders are around guns"

Exact same issues you mentioned. I know there are others but these are the only two you mentioned so it was low hanging fruit.

RandomGuy
05-05-2017, 05:23 PM
An executive order is an executive order---same manner.

"whether those executive orders are around immigration or whether those executive orders are around guns"

Exact same issues you mentioned. I know there are others but these are the only two you mentioned so it was low hanging fruit.

Looked. Didn't find any in the searches, but the search function here is a bit dumb.

As noted above, I doubt you would find any. Be happy to accede that much.

Why ask? What is your point?

Leetonidas
05-05-2017, 05:25 PM
Obama issuing executive orders: “abuse of power!”
Trump issuing way more executive orders: “he's asserting his authority! MAGA!”

You're never going to convince these morons of their own massive hypocrisy tbh

RandomGuy
05-05-2017, 05:26 PM
The country wasn’t based on executive orders. Right now, Trump goes around signing executive orders. He can’t even get along with the Republicans, and he goes around signing all these executive orders. It’s a basic disaster. You can’t do it.

TSA
05-05-2017, 05:27 PM

So now that Democrats are doing the same thing to Trump, and Trump is doing the same thing Obama did, it upsets you?

RandomGuy
05-05-2017, 05:29 PM
So now that Democrats are doing the same thing to Trump, and Trump is doing the same thing Obama did, it upsets you?

The problem with Washington, they don’t compromise. It’s all gridlock, and then you have a president that signs executive orders because he can’t get anything done. He doesn’t work the system. That is why he signs executive orders all the time because he can’t get his own people to go along. You’ve got to close the door and get things done without signing executive orders all the time. That’s the easy way out.

TSA
05-05-2017, 05:30 PM
Obama issuing executive orders: “abuse of power!”
Trump issuing way more executive orders: “he's asserting his authority! MAGA!”

You're never going to convince these morons of their own massive hypocrisy tbh

Obama issuing executive orders: “he's asserting his authority!"
Trump issuing way more executive orders: “abuse of power!”

See how easy that was, even funnier you call out others for hypocrisy.

TSA
05-05-2017, 05:31 PM
The problem with Washington, they don’t compromise. It’s all gridlock, and then you have a president that signs executive orders because he can’t get anything done. He doesn’t work the system. That is why he signs executive orders all the time because he can’t get his own people to go along. You’ve got to close the door and get things done without signing your executive orders all the time. That’s the easy way out.

Fully agree with you here, just don't think it's fair to only call out Trump while you were silent while Obama did the same.

Leetonidas
05-05-2017, 05:36 PM

Cool story bro

RandomGuy
05-05-2017, 05:36 PM

I'm not being hypocritical here.

RandomGuy
05-05-2017, 05:37 PM
Right now, we have an executive-order president. He just keeps signing.

RandomGuy
05-05-2017, 05:41 PM
Trumps executive orders are also unconstitutional and completely insane. What’s worse though is this Republican-controlled Congress waves the white flag of surrender every time. It’s time we burn down the Washington political machine, reject Trump's agenda and put real Americans first.

SnakeBoy
05-05-2017, 05:49 PM
I'm not being hypocritical here.

:lol

You're a hack and everyone on here knows it.

boutons_deux
05-05-2017, 05:52 PM
Trumps executive orders are also unconstitutional and completely insane. What’s worse though is this Republican-controlled Congress waves the white flag of surrender every time. It’s time we burn down the Washington political machine, reject Trump's agenda and put real Americans first.

aint gonna happen

the oligarchy has the $Bs, the power, rigged economy and rigged politics and rigged judiciary

40% still think Trash is great as he cornholes them

America is fucked and unfuckable

DarrinS
05-05-2017, 06:09 PM
Give an example of one of his executive orders that is "completely insane".

spurraider21
05-05-2017, 06:15 PM
Is your avi the way you respond every time you check youtubes trending section?

Adam Lambert
05-05-2017, 06:22 PM

lol its so fucking obvious that darrin spent the past 8 years as an absolute emotional trainwreck, is there anyone else who gets more joy from the tears of the most retarded of liberals?

it's like if someone here made an avatar of the get a brain morans sign guy. emotionally stable people dont live for that shit.

RandomGuy
05-05-2017, 06:24 PM

I am not being hypocritical here. Do you think I am?

RandomGuy
05-05-2017, 06:26 PM

How exactly are Democrats holding up the party that controls majorities in the House and Senate + White House?

Again, I have said nothing hypocritical here.

monosylab1k
05-05-2017, 06:44 PM

:lmao

Watch out! He might drop a "rent free" joke on you :cry

DarrinS
05-05-2017, 06:49 PM
So, no examples, just ad hominem?

tlongII
05-05-2017, 06:50 PM
The market has done incredibly well since he's been in office. He's done well in my book.

FuzzyLumpkins
05-05-2017, 07:03 PM

I don't know about insane but he has had two that have already been rejected by federal court. I would say it was stupid or a lack of self control and not insane.

The way he talks scatterbrained smacks of dementia otoh.

leemajors
05-05-2017, 08:22 PM
eror not orer

monosylab1k
05-05-2017, 10:33 PM

:lmao changing your avatar

leemajors
05-06-2017, 12:29 AM

Do you think big coal should shit in streams?

RandomGuy
05-06-2017, 11:57 AM

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white-house/here-s-full-list-donald-trump-s-executive-orders-n720796

RandomGuy
05-06-2017, 11:59 AM
Do you think big coal should shit in streams?

But think of all the coal jobs being able to dump mine tailings into small streams will save!

RandomGuy
05-06-2017, 12:00 PM
eror not orer

I know. I saw that as soon as I posted the thread. :bang

RandomGuy
05-06-2017, 12:00 PM

boutons_deux
05-06-2017, 02:08 PM
"completely insane"

resource extraction in national parks, monuments

boutons_deux
05-06-2017, 02:14 PM
Trump's Disastrous Decision to Ruin America's Prize National Monumentshttp://www.alternet.org/environment/trumps-disastrous-decision-ruin-americas-prize-national-monuments

RandomGuy
05-25-2017, 11:40 AM

Do you think my statements about executive orders here are hypocritical? If so, why?

Do tell.

boutons_deux
05-25-2017, 12:07 PM
Did PVL so-called President Trash Shove a NATO Leader Aside to be Front Stage?

video shows he mostly certainly did. What a prick. The Ugly American https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ugly_American

http://www.mediaite.com/online/did-president-trump-shove-a-nato-leader-aside-to-be-front-stage/

RandomGuy
05-25-2017, 12:38 PM

So you are saying I would need to present something specific to back up my statement that these executive orders are insane? Why should I?