jag
05-05-2017, 11:28 PM
MVDejounte

Keepin' it real
05-05-2017, 11:30 PM
Wow, first ballot HOF'er for sure. :wakeup

rastaspur
05-05-2017, 11:50 PM
It's important in the sense he was a placeholder starter and the spurs got off to a good start.

Pulled at around the 7 minute mark in 1st quarter and 3rd quarter as I predicted and suggested in the poll post if pau started. If pau starts then it needs to be dejounte with the token start so as not to disrupt the rotations too much.

bklynspursfan
05-06-2017, 12:00 AM
Shows how useless that stat can be.

Seriously... the Beverley pressure was too much for him. He has to protect the ball better and not get cute

urunobili
05-06-2017, 12:03 AM
Eye test looked like trash though. Hard against Beverly TBH

TheyCallMePro
05-06-2017, 12:03 AM
Eh, he had 2 points, 1 steal and 2 turnovers. Not exactly an MVP performance. And he only played 14 minutes compared to Patty's 30 minutes. In a limited time frame your plus/minus can look a whole lot better than it really is.

Offensively he had trouble getting the ball past half court vs Beverley and defensively he got blown by a number of times but was lucky there was help inside and the Rockets just missed layups. To me he looked too hyped up and too wide-eyed to be playing in the game, and Pop even decided against putting him in during the 2nd half -- changing him out at the scorers table for Simmons at the last minute.

Russ
05-06-2017, 12:12 AM
Seriously... the Beverley pressure was too much for him. He has to protect the ball better and not get cute

At least Beverley didn't injure him (as he often manages to do).

Chews
05-06-2017, 12:13 AM
I found it odd that as bad as he looked, which was bad... our team seemed to do well with him on the court. Whether it was because of him or in spite of him, whenever he was out there we looked ok.

Chews
05-06-2017, 12:15 AM
Eh, he had 2 points, 1 steal and 2 turnovers.

I could have sworn he turned it over more than twice. Beverly ripped him atleast twice and the one time he batted the ball up the court and it went out of bounds. Maybe I saw the play wrong, but that's for sure 3. Not much to do with what you said... just find it odd whoever was stat keeping to have him listed with only 2 turnovers.

Mr. Body
05-06-2017, 12:31 AM
Hope he can eat minutes but I'm not holding my breath.

DesignatedT
05-06-2017, 12:36 AM
The new bonner :tu

SAGirl
05-06-2017, 12:37 AM
I could have sworn he turned it over more than twice. Beverly ripped him atleast twice and the one time he batted the ball up the court and it went out of bounds. Maybe I saw the play wrong, but that's for sure 3. Not much to do with what you said... just find it odd whoever was stat keeping to have him listed with only 2 turnovers.
He got TO, but others recovered the ball, and hustled on defense. Some plays he wasn't exactly stripped but had to pass in desperation and the possession wasn't good. It was to be expected. He doesn't play for months... very little NBA time and starts a playoff game on the road. He's shaky bc he gets careless at times but he can be better than that. My hope is he gets more comfortable and grows a little bit more steady...

TheGreatYacht
05-06-2017, 12:38 AM
Hope he can eat minutes but I'm not holding my breath.
Murray won't eat them, but a San Antonian probably will

playbonner15
05-06-2017, 12:46 AM
He played significant minutes during the 3rd when they increased the lead, not just at the first where he was garbage :lol

marinoman
05-06-2017, 12:50 AM
If anyone's takeaway was Murray was great, you're basically admitting you didn't watch the game and you don't understand anything about the game.

SnakeBoy
05-06-2017, 01:27 AM
He reminds me of a less talented Antonio Daniels

Chews
05-06-2017, 01:47 AM
He got TO, but others recovered the ball, and hustled on defense. Some plays he wasn't exactly stripped but had to pass in desperation and the possession wasn't good. It was to be expected. He doesn't play for months... very little NBA time and starts a playoff game on the road. He's shaky bc he gets careless at times but he can be better than that. My hope is he gets more comfortable and grows a little bit more steady...

Curious if Pop will start him again, he didn't get much playing time in the second half.

If he does get the start, I expect him to play better and be prepared for the style they played against him. How much better he will be? Let's hope a lot :)

cd021
05-06-2017, 04:42 AM
didn't watch the game yet, did the Spurs go without a PG? Mills played 30 and Murray only played 14

MultiTroll
05-06-2017, 05:07 AM
That's what bugged me the most his seeming flippant attitude.
GTFO with that -now.
If you get heavy pressure dribble the phuck out or pass pronto! He was like letting himself get trapped.

I do think he adjusted after several stoopid phuck turnovers and tipped passes.

05-06-2017, 05:16 AM
rookie who hasn't played much all year gets thrown into starting on the road vs the best PG defender in the league and you guys are crucifying him :lol

he did about what should have been expected

SpursforSix
05-06-2017, 05:54 AM
He is The Kraken.

UZER
05-06-2017, 06:01 AM
That's what bugged me the most his seeming flippant attitude.
GTFO with that -now.
If you get heavy pressure dribble the phuck out or pass pronto! He was like letting himself get trapped.

I do think he adjusted after several stoopid phuck turnovers and tipped passes.

Are you describing Manu?

BackHome
05-06-2017, 09:55 AM
Not going to give the kid grief cause he just is not ready for prime. This summer he needs to work on his PG skill sets i.e. Shooting, finishing at the rim and knowing how to defend pick and rolls. If he can add about 10 to 15 pds of muscle that will really help him out next season.

NASpurs
05-06-2017, 10:01 AM
didn't watch the game yet, did the Spurs go without a PG? Mills played 30 and Murray only played 14

Yeah there was a stretch where Simmons brought the ball up and then a possession later, Kawhi was bringing the ball up.

Seventyniner
05-06-2017, 10:01 AM
rookie who hasn't played much all year gets thrown into starting on the road vs the best PG defender in the league and you guys are crucifying him :lol

This.

NameLess Scrub
05-06-2017, 10:05 AM
I found it odd that as bad as he looked, which was bad... our team seemed to do well with him on the court. Whether it was because of him or in spite of him, whenever he was out there we looked ok.

1st qtr started ugly and Spurs just managed to get a lead. I think it was 30 vs 26 -ish fg% at some point.

SPURt
05-06-2017, 10:10 AM

This. I thought defensively his length and young legs keeps guys off the three point line. I'd rather they blow past to help defenders then him losing his man for open threes. The real test is next game to see if he gets any better with actually having film of amped up home court Beaverly all up in his butt butt.

playbonner15
05-06-2017, 10:13 AM
He'll play better. I think hes not as good as his regular season plays before his gf rode his cock to injury but I hope he utilizes his speed and his length

duncan2k5
05-06-2017, 11:04 AM

duncan2k5
05-06-2017, 11:08 AM
Not worried about Murray at all...I know he will bounce back now that he knows what his role will be...And he every experience counts toward him getting better...I predict next game he will run the pick and roll to get rid of Beverly, then abuse the big on drives to the rim

apalisoc_9
05-06-2017, 11:15 AM
tholdren

south side spur
05-06-2017, 11:28 AM
It was like watching a replay of Cory in the '13 Finals. Although you have to admire the confidence he exudes compared to the meekness of Cory at the time...on offense.

I can't help but think is Murray really the point guard of the future? He seems to have a scorers mentality. Maybe he would be better positioned on the wing? His shot is definitely a weakness but shouldn't that develop over time?

I realize Parker was never a pure point but it's just an observation as to where Murray would be better suited.

With Parker's injury, I don't see how the Spurs can pass on Jawun Evans if he's available when they pick.

playbonner15
05-06-2017, 11:51 AM
Want to see more pick and roll with him amd Kawhi, with Kawhi drawing his defenders. They went with that more during the regular season

tholdren
05-06-2017, 11:54 AM

he directly led to 4 errors on the first 4 possessions. he sucked. then when he tried to force his shot, he bricked and got his shit rejected. proves plus minus is useless to judge any aspect of individual performance

Leetonidas
05-06-2017, 11:54 AM
He was absolutely terrible. Not a big deal though as Aldridge finally came to play which would have limited the need for TP to step up had he played. But his play was a little concerning. I know Beverly is a premier pg defender but still, Murray could barely dribble against him. Lucky for us if we advance Curry and Kyrie aren't known for playing defense at least

tholdren
05-06-2017, 11:55 AM
tholdren

what is this your apology for defending plus minus with Chinook?

LaMarcus Bryant
05-06-2017, 11:57 AM

Avery Bradley is the best brah, but true that

tholdren
05-06-2017, 11:58 AM
Avery Bradley is the best brah, but true that

not the point. he sucked, but the stat showed he was the best

Vito Corleone
05-06-2017, 12:08 PM
He reminds me of a less talented Antonio Daniels

I think we all know that he was eaten alive by Houston, but that has little to do with talent and more to do with experience. It was a tough situation to be in. He just needs more time against NBA competition. Just not right now,in the playoffs.

duncan2k5
05-06-2017, 01:56 PM
No rookie would have performed great in that situation.. the guy was nervous...He has barely played the entire year...And after thinking he was gonna be benched again, literally hours before the game he gets the start vs pat bev...Recipe for failure...He will be a great point guard...Just because he looks to score (like parker) doesn't mean he isn't a point guard...The past 29 years, all the championship have been won by teams where the point guard had a scorers mentality as opposed to a prototypical point guard...Especially the past couple years...Murray WILL be an all star

TheyCallMePro
05-06-2017, 02:28 PM
I noticed that a few times Murray would also voluntarily pick-up his dribble vs Beverley and look to pass it. As a PG (well actually all players) one rule of thumb is to NEVER voluntarily give your dribble up like that -- it leads to traps and turning the ball over. You only give up your dribble if you're ready to shoot or you know that you're about to pass it.

And he needs to keep the ball closer to him and stop with the fancy stuff. At one point even the commentator called him out early saying "you can't dribble through your legs and do all these behind the back passes vs Beverley." So true, Murray only threw one behind the back pass, but it almost got stolen - and he lost it several times because he was being too fancy and cavalier with the ball. Someone in this thread that it was Murray's attitude that threw them off -- that he was kind of arrogant out there. I agree, he needs to focus more on taking care of the ball and just executing the offense.

Anyways, Murray is clearly years away despite all the hoopla about his potential. He can't shoot, he has wide-eyes whenever he touches the ball he and he tends to blow lay-ups when he drives. Right now he's still very skinny in the arms and unsteady on his feet defensively. I saw him get blown by on D at-least 3 times early last night, and he left Beverley open for 2 wide-open 3's, one of which Beverley thankfully missed in the corner.

cd021
05-06-2017, 02:53 PM
He'll play better. I think hes not as good as his regular season plays before his gf rode his cock to injury but I hope he utilizes his speed and his length

Worst ways to get injured, tbh :lol

SPURt
05-06-2017, 04:32 PM
I'm pretty sure his pelvis was displaced when his girlfriend pegged him rotten:
http://i.imgur.com/Wjc8p.jpg

wildbill2u
05-06-2017, 08:05 PM
I've said from the first time I saw him that he was too raw to be playing much because he had obvious shooting flaws that anyone could see. They have somewhat been corrected. At least he isn't always putting a sideways spin on the ball.

But I also predicted that he would be (to use Shag's phrase) barbequed chicken once defensive players got a look at his handle. I predicted he would be easy to steal from because of his dribble. Beverly proved that the other night. I don't know how he only got charged with two TOs. Early in the game didn't he lose control of the ball and virtually dribble it out of bounds before getting across mid court? .

I don't understand Pop putting him in unless he thought a miracle would happen.

sananspursfan21
05-06-2017, 08:07 PM
The new bonner :tu

OH PLEASE NO

100%duncan
05-06-2017, 08:11 PM

Worth ways to get injured, tbh :lol
Fift

itzsoweezee
05-06-2017, 08:54 PM
A lot of it was Mills was terrible most of the night. DM had a high plus minus simply due to the fact that he didn't share the court with Patty.