PDA

View Full Version : Nene has a groin tear, could be out for the series

Amuseddaysleeper
05-07-2017, 10:23 PM
Knowing our luck Dekker or increased minutes for Anderson will hurt us but just thought I'd share the news

jag
05-07-2017, 10:24 PM
If he dies, he dies

05-07-2017, 10:25 PM
probably better for houston. He was just taking touches away from their shooters and not doing much with it. They're going to run us out the gym at home.

Holden_Caulfield
its time to play bertans

SPURt
Going small without Nene was awesome for the Rockets. Hard to feel like this injury hurts the Rockets.

apalisoc_9
Now Poop is going to go at Aldridge even more...And he's going to embarras himself even more.

NASpurs
It's not like they needed him tonight to tear the Spurs a new A from their V.

bic50
05-07-2017, 10:27 PM
Watch them play inspired for game 5 like Spurs did for game 3. Pretty worrisome.

DPG21920
05-07-2017, 10:28 PM
Sucks for Nene and for SA. I wanted Nene on the floor as much as possible tbh.

Robz4000
05-07-2017, 10:29 PM
probably better for houston. He was just taking touches away from their shooters and not doing much with it. They're going to run us out the gym at home.

This, plus it could mean more minutes for Harrell (who should've been in front of Nene in the rotation regardless).

ElNono
05-07-2017, 10:30 PM
could be a series changer for the Rockets...

Darius Bieber
05-07-2017, 10:31 PM
Rockets win even easier now

FkLA
Terrible news. For us.

Now Poop is going to go at Aldridge even more...And he's going to embarras himself even more.
:lmao

Go Celtics and Wizards!! :flag:

YGWHI
05-07-2017, 10:32 PM
Terrible news. For us.

Pretty much this.

DesignatedT
05-07-2017, 10:34 PM
D'Antoni gunna start Gordon for Anderson Game 6.

dabom
05-07-2017, 10:34 PM
Good for us in the long run. We didn't adjust correctly. Pop will moving forward.

spurtech09
05-07-2017, 10:35 PM
lol this thread

jag
05-07-2017, 10:37 PM
D'Antoni gunna start Gordon for Anderson Game 6.

Pop will counter with Lee

DarrinS
05-07-2017, 10:39 PM
Don't like to see anyone injured. Sucks for Nene. Get well dude.

noles1983
05-07-2017, 10:47 PM
Only the Spurs would get fucked by having a player on the other team go down :lol

rasuo214
05-07-2017, 10:52 PM
Obligatory Warriors don't play healthy teams...

Seriously though sucks for him.

Budkin
05-07-2017, 10:53 PM
And we'll still lose.

cjw
05-07-2017, 10:54 PM

It's actually going to take minutes away from Gasol and give them to Lee. Really bad

Uriel
05-07-2017, 11:10 PM
Groin tear. My God. Just thinking about it makes me :vomit:

UZER
05-07-2017, 11:11 PM
Doesnt matter. I won't take advantage. It either be fair to Houston.

:pop:

testies
05-07-2017, 11:14 PM

he already had cancer in his balls

now he tears them, poor Nene

dabom
05-07-2017, 11:15 PM
Groin tear is the muscle next to the groin. Not the balls guys...

BillMc
05-07-2017, 11:20 PM
Isn't that what Murray had at the end of the season? You can't move laterally and it hurts, but its noting to do with the genitals themselves.

gospursgojas
05-07-2017, 11:23 PM
Spurs will still not exploit Harden guarding Pau.

SAGirl
05-07-2017, 11:25 PM
Bad for Nene and Spurs. Aside from a game one hot start he wasn't helping them and Pau had dominated him. Now it's unlikely Pau can play as many minutes. Tough decision for coach Pop.

testies
05-07-2017, 11:48 PM
You guys are really stupid if you think this.. They literally were guarding our bigs with Harden

with a game plan from the start knowing they only have 1 big, we will exploit them... they wont have their fans giving high morale for guarding our bigs in mismatches, plus referees will call shirt grabbing, hacking our bigs etc

TD 21
05-08-2017, 12:25 AM
Terrible news for the Spurs. I was hoping D'Antoni wouldn't go to the Anderson at center lineup and now his hand has basically been forced. Spurs have no answer for defending it, other than the Murray-Ginobili-Simmons-Green-Leonard lineup that played the final possession of the 1st half; but they obviously can't go long stretches with that.

Even in the unlikely even that Aldridge consistently punishes Anderson on the block, they'll live with it because they know they'll generate great looks consistently and win the glorified 3-point contest that them, the Warriors and Cavaliers, have turned this league into.

The only positive is hopefully Gasol becomes so disgusted with his role further diminished from here on out, that he opts out. It's unlikely though.

Lee has no business playing in this series and neither does Anderson. Bertans should get their minutes and be hidden on Ariza.

apalisoc_9
05-08-2017, 12:43 AM
Terrible news for the Spurs. I was hoping D'Antoni wouldn't go to the Anderson at center lineup and now his hand has basically been forced. Spurs have no answer for defending it, other than the Murray-Ginobili-Simmons-Green-Leonard lineup that played the final possession of the 1st half; but they obviously can't go long stretches with that.

Even in the unlikely even that Aldridge consistently punishes Anderson on the block, they'll live with it because they know they'll generate great looks consistently and win the glorified 3-point contest that them, the Warriors and Cavaliers, have turned this league into.

The only positive is hopefully Gasol becomes so disgusted with his role further diminished from here on out, that he opts out. It's unlikely though.

Lee has no business playing in this series and neither does Anderson. Bertans should get their minutes and be hidden on Ariza.

Bertans won't play.

Really bad news for the spurs. I called for Anderson on 5 adjustment as a potential worry. D'antoni didnt actually do it, but he was forced to and we got killed.

With Anderson at 5, there is no reason to play Lee anymore. He is useless on offense.

Worst, Pop is going to throw the ball on the bigs only for them to fadeaway 18 footer.

05-08-2017, 12:56 AM
Bertans won't play.

Really bad news for the spurs. I called for Anderson on 5 adjustment as a potential worry. D'antoni didnt actually do it, but he was forced to and we got killed.

With Anderson at 5, there is no reason to play Lee anymore. He is useless on offense.

Worst, Pop is going to throw the ball on the bigs only for them to fadeaway 18 footer.:lol yesterday's nba
:lol Poop

Even when you have a mismatch, you still have to work way harder in the post for that two, than the other team will for that three.

Pop will have to go small, or absolutely dominate the offensive glass to keep up.

apalisoc_9
05-08-2017, 01:28 AM
:lol yesterday's nba
:lol Poop

Even when you have a mismatch, you still have to work way harder in the post for that two, than the other team will for that three.

Pop will have to go small, or absolutely dominate the offensive glass to keep up.

In theory, bullying smaller guys should work. It should give the spurs a huge rebounding advantage provided every shot attempt Aldridge,lee,Pau takes is within the 3-6 range. Those close bunnies usually result in offensive boards against small dudes. It also slows down the game completely.

In practice though, Lee is the only guy that consistently understands and executes this concept. It's why pop Loves him so much. The problem is, he can't make the 3-6 baskets, Aldridge fadeaways and take semi-contested shots over 6'2 dudes and Pau doesn't have the strength anymore.

Bertans is perfect for this series but he gets 0 minutes.

05-08-2017, 02:26 AM
In theory, bullying smaller guys should work. It should give the spurs a huge rebounding advantage provided every shot attempt Aldridge,lee,Pau takes is within the 3-6 range. Those close bunnies usually result in offensive boards against small dudes. It also slows down the game completely.

In practice though, Lee is the only guy that consistently understands and executes this concept. It's why pop Loves him so much. The problem is, he can't make the 3-6 baskets, Aldridge fadeaways and take semi-contested shots over 6'2 dudes and Pau doesn't have the strength anymore.

Bertans is perfect for this series but he gets 0 minutes.We need a PlayBertans troll

SAGirl
05-08-2017, 02:29 AM

Bertans is perfect for this series but he gets 0 minutes.
Lee has been horrible since the series started. He's not giving much out there. He's not going to post up either. He rolls but is getting blocked and isn't doing much on defense as expected. This is not a series for Lee imo. Hopefully he's better next game bc I know Pop won't bench him.

apalisoc_9
05-08-2017, 02:32 AM
Lee has been horrible since the series started. He's not giving much out there. He's not going to post up either. He rolls but is getting blocked and isn't doing much on defense as expected. This is not a series for Lee imo. Hopefully he's better next game bc I know Pop won't bench him.

Ofcourse Lee is garabage. I'm just using..All of Lee's post up shot attempts are a 3-6 feet hook shot or push shot. That's what Aldridge needs to do or he cam be a man and dunk the ball.

SAGirl
05-08-2017, 02:36 AM
Ofcourse Lee is garabage. I'm just using..All of Lee's post up shot attempts are a 3-6 feet hook shot or push shot. That's what Aldridge needs to do or he cam be a man and dunk the ball.
I understand now... it's not like Bertans would do that either, he would just open up the paint so others can get in. Plus I have seen more hustle from him than I have seen from Lee.

TrainOfThought5
05-08-2017, 05:43 AM
If he dies, he dies

LMAOOOO

r0drig0lac
05-08-2017, 08:30 AM
If he dies, he dies

http://application.denofgeek.com/pics/interviews/dl04.jpg

urunobili
05-08-2017, 08:35 AM
Doesn't matter if they keep starting Gordon...

Indazone
05-08-2017, 09:15 AM
Don't think that will really hurt the Rockets that much. Capella and Montreal Harris are more than capable on the pick and roll and most of the Rockets shots are threes anyway.

Amuseddaysleeper
05-08-2017, 09:16 AM
Don't think that will really hurt the Rockets that much. Capella and Montreal Harris are more than capable on the pick and roll and most of the Rockets shots are threes anyway.

You guys will win this series, congrats Spurs can't keep up in the outside shooting department.

SpursFan86
05-08-2017, 09:45 AM
Yep, as others have said, this all but forces MDA to play Anderson at the 5...does not bode well for us at all.

GSH
05-08-2017, 11:02 AM
I never like to see anyone get hurt.

Except Nene.

Or Beverly.

Or Draymond.

Or Westbrook.

Or Zaza Pachulia.

Or Draymond. Again.

Or Dellavedova.

Or John Stockton, wherever he is right now.

Better still, Reggie MIller - while he's announcing.

I'd like to see Austin Rivers fall into his dad, and tear both their ACL's.

Or Richard Jefferson, just because he ruined the Spurs for several years.

Or Jason Terry

But other than that, I hardly ever like to see anyone get injured.

Russ
05-08-2017, 11:06 AM
Pace seems to matter more.

If the Spurs control the pace, Nene being out will advantage the Spurs.

If the Rockets set the pace, then Nene being out may advantage them.

The outcome will be determined by the pace, not whether Nene is in or out (Nene is a secondary, not primary, factor).

Texas_Ranger
05-08-2017, 11:25 AM
sucks that we don't have a bigman so who cares if he's out.

bklynspursfan
05-08-2017, 11:34 AM
I never like to see anyone get hurt.

Except Nene.

Or Beverly.

Or Draymond.

Or Westbrook.

Or Zaza Pachulia.

Or Draymond. Again.

Or Dellavedova.

Or John Stockton, wherever he is right now.

Better still, Reggie MIller - while he's announcing.

I'd like to see Austin Rivers fall into his dad, and tear both their ACL's.

Or Richard Jefferson, just because he ruined the Spurs for several years.

Or Jason Terry

But other than that, I hardly ever like to see anyone get injured.

Same :lol

hater
05-08-2017, 12:26 PM
What does it matter if Nene is out?

Our bigs cant even post up Be erly :lmao

SAGirl
05-08-2017, 12:42 PM

Today's NBA Bigs :rollin

apalisoc_9
05-08-2017, 03:55 PM

Fadeaway Jumper against Eric Gordon...

Keepin' it real
05-08-2017, 05:28 PM
Wow, huge news. Advantage Spurs!

DMC
05-08-2017, 05:30 PM
I am a Nene fan, dude always brings energy even if he doesn't always get good results. Spurs need something like him flailing around in the paint, getting people pissed off.

DMC
05-08-2017, 05:32 PM

lol you mean Montrezl Harrell? Nigga you cut off from Clutchfans... some Rocketfan you are :lol

coachmac87
05-08-2017, 05:57 PM
You guys are really stupid if you think this.. They literally were guarding our bigs with Harden

with a game plan from the start knowing they only have 1 big, we will exploit them... they wont have their fans giving high morale for guarding our bigs in mismatches, plus referees will call shirt grabbing, hacking our bigs etc

Best Post In This Thread......

Spurs will be better prepared if the Rockets come out in small ball...

NameLess Scrub
05-09-2017, 07:01 AM
This is good for the Rockets as they can put more point guards on our bigs and get them to shoot fade-aways.

Actually I heard they were bringing earl boykins as a last minute resort to guard Gasol.

Ice009
05-09-2017, 10:05 AM
Is Nene actually out or what? I haven't seen anything from an official source posted in this thread.

Fireball
05-09-2017, 10:10 AM
Is Nene actually out or what? I haven't seen anything from an official source posted in this thread.

he is as out as TP is ... no source necessary

Dex
05-09-2017, 10:27 AM

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/nenes-season-rockets-style-put-test-172122169.html;_ylt=AwrTccK13xFZqQcAEIInnIlQ;_ylu= X3oDMTByYnR1Zmd1BGNvbG8DZ3ExBHBvcwMyBHZ0aWQDBHNlYw Nzcg--

cutewizard
05-09-2017, 11:06 AM
nice

dabom
05-11-2017, 11:29 PM
Good for us in the long run. We didn't adjust correctly. Pop will moving forward.

Always some good ones. :lol

Seventyniner
05-11-2017, 11:41 PM
lol you mean Montrezl Harrell? Nigga you cut off from Clutchfans... some Rocketfan you are :lol

That had to be autocorrect. I always wondered if Montrezl was just a typo on a birth certificate that the mother didn't correct. Kind of like Oprah.

DMC
05-12-2017, 12:00 AM
That had to be autocorrect. I always wondered if Montrezl was just a typo on a birth certificate that the mother didn't correct. Kind of like Oprah.

The z is a dead giveaway for a culturally black name. If it was Montresl, then sure. His middle name is Dashay.

testies
05-12-2017, 12:52 AM

still havent had a bad take-prediction here