PDA

View Full Version : Can Green not guard Eric Gordon?

Amuseddaysleeper
05-08-2017, 12:20 PM
Gordon ethered the Spurs last night, yet I was hoping Danny would be able to limit him. You'd hope this is the best game Gordon will have in this series, but letting him get 6 threes was a killer.

Can the Spurs do anything to limit Gordon?

coachmac87
05-08-2017, 12:26 PM
Gordon ethered the Spurs last night, yet I was hoping Danny would be able to limit him. You'd hope this is the best game Gordon will have in this series, but letting him get 6 threes was a killer.

Can the Spurs do anything to limit Gordon?

It's all about Harden...I believe most of Gordons 6 3's were catch and shoot..Danny on ball defense was BAD last night but Spurs seemed confused on how to defend Harden.

jermaine
05-08-2017, 12:26 PM
Maybe you haven't been watching Green these playoffs. That nigga is trash. I'm sure Tony Allen wouldve looked like Kobe on him had he played.

Indazone
05-08-2017, 12:27 PM
Gordon was signed to back Harden up and for scoring punch off the bench. Gordon has been a starter most of his career and can score a bunch in a hurry. Now playing Harden and Gordon at the same time. That difficult to guard. If you Guard Harden and trap, Gordon will score. if you guard Gordon then Harden will burn you.

hater
05-08-2017, 12:35 PM
I predicted Houston would be beyond difficult because of the plethora of wing scorers they have. Ariza, lou, gordon not to mention Harden. Those nigs could start on most teams including ours :lol

DJR210
05-08-2017, 12:45 PM
Wouldn't be disappointed to part way with Green after this season tbh.. His defense is hit or miss these days

Chinook
05-08-2017, 12:49 PM
Problem is that Gordon is often playing PG. Green can't guard everybody. Neither can Leonard. You can't just switch them onto whomever's hot.

jermaine
05-08-2017, 12:50 PM
I predicted Houston would be beyond difficult because of the plethora of wing scorers they have. Ariza, lou, gordon not to mention Harden. Those nigs could start on most teams including ours :lol

MAAAAAAAAAN FUCK THEM NIGGAS!!! If we had some real big men, we'd bitch them lil ass fools.

palangi
05-08-2017, 12:52 PM
Problem is that Gordon is often playing PG. Green can't guard everybody. Neither can Leonard. You can't just switch them onto whomever's hot.

Murray played Gordon better than green did. Gordon was also getting to the rim at will on green.

jermaine
05-08-2017, 12:57 PM
Green kept getting beat off the dribble. He was getting benched in favor of Mills against Memphis..

palangi
05-08-2017, 12:58 PM
Green kept getting beat off the dribble. He was getting benched in favor of Mills against Memphis..

But remember he is irreplaceable.

TheGreatYacht
05-08-2017, 02:12 PM
Both our shooting guards are shot defenders. They couldn't guard JJ Redick or Roberson. Much less Harden and Gordon lmao

poop
05-08-2017, 04:09 PM
The spurs have a tendency to have opposing role players and scrubs go into full gay mode against us. Nothing new

DesignatedT
05-08-2017, 04:09 PM
Gordon was feelin it last night. He won't shoot like that every game.

daledondale
05-08-2017, 04:29 PM
The spurs have a tendency to have opposing role players and scrubs go into full gay mode against us. Nothing new
:lol

duncan2k5
05-08-2017, 05:16 PM
Danny Green hasn't been trying on defense for years...I dont get the infatuation... he doesn't fight over screens, and he always gets be at off the dribble...

Chinook
05-09-2017, 10:16 PM
But remember he is irreplaceable.

I remember.

palangi
05-09-2017, 10:19 PM
I remember.

Look at you come out and play after he has a decent game. Decent is now irreplaceable? Good thing his missed FT didn't hurt us.

Also good to see him expand his game and make a layup

Chinook
05-09-2017, 10:19 PM
:lol Why the fuck did duncan2K5 get banned? Pinked, I could see. Banned seems a little extreme.

HarlemHeat37
05-09-2017, 10:22 PM
Has anybody on this forum watched a Rockets game before, tbh?:lol Gordon is arguably the best 6th man in the NBA, he's going to have nights where he's unconscious, it's like some people here have never watched basketball before..

Chinook
05-09-2017, 10:23 PM
Look at you come out and play after he has a decent game. Decent is now irreplaceable? Good thing his missed FT didn't hurt us.

Also good to see him expand his game and make a layup

Good thing he was there to lead the team to victory too.

Lemme know if you need me to help out with the rent, btb. I appreciate your generosity, but I have a better job now. Still, it's nice to know I'll have a place to live if things go bad.

Cry Havoc
05-09-2017, 10:26 PM
Has anybody on this forum watched a Rockets game before, tbh?:lol Gordon is arguably the best 6th man in the NBA, he's going to have nights where he's unconscious, it's like some people here have never watched basketball before..

Seriously, he's not far removed from being an perennial all-star candidate.

apalisoc_9
05-09-2017, 10:29 PM
Why ban Dun2k5?

I guess mods around here have the emotional capacity of a lamarcus Aldridge...

palangi
05-09-2017, 10:30 PM
Good thing he was there to lead the team to victory too.

Lemme know if you need me to help out with the rent, btb. I appreciate your generosity, but I have a better job now. Still, it's nice to know I'll have a place to live if things go bad.

You respond a day later after a decent game. I've mind fucked you.

Chinook
05-09-2017, 10:37 PM
You respond a day later after a decent game. I've mind fucked you.

Nah. You made a butt-hurt comment that's been shown to be misguided many times now. You waiting for Danny to have a bad game after having two good ones to make a silly comment. Now you can't seem to take him carrying the team after you tried to bury him. I'm sure he has a nice home somewhere in the neighborhood too. Fully comped of course.

palangi
05-10-2017, 11:27 AM
Nah. You made a butt-hurt comment that's been shown to be misguided many times now. You waiting for Danny to have a bad game after having two good ones to make a silly comment. Now you can't seem to take him carrying the team after you tried to bury him. I'm sure he has a nice home somewhere in the neighborhood too. Fully comped of course.

Hooked. Ownage. Whatever you want to call it.

Chinook
05-10-2017, 12:02 PM
Hooked. Ownage. Whatever you want to call it.

OMG, look who responded the next day. So owned!

palangi
05-10-2017, 08:30 PM
OMG, look who responded the next day. So owned!

He's just can't help himself. I think I'm irreplaceable to him now.

diego
05-10-2017, 09:22 PM
Seriously, he's not far removed from being an perennial all-star candidate.

what does that even mean? this guy has averaged 44 games a year for the past 5 years. rockets gambled he would be healthy and he has been, so good for them.
now, i havent watched the rockets or anyone else much this year outside of vs san antonio, but everytime i read posters talking up gordon and williams, and every time I see them play and think beverly is much better than either of them. gordon has had one good game this series where he made a difference, a couple of games where he was average and a couple of bad games including last night (11/6/3 on 31%/17%, for a guy whose strength is shooting)- he just doesnt bring much impact beyond shooting. williams to me is still a dime a dozen inefficient scorer. beverly on the other hand, is probably the best price/performance point guard in the league, brings shooting, playmaking, defense, toughness, energy, he and capela are houstons 2nd and 3rd best players easily