PDA

View Full Version : should we just give up now to avoid the warriors taking a dump on us

davidbowie
05-09-2017, 12:29 AM
getting embarrassed on such a big stage is hard to take

i dont wanna deal with that shit

dabom
05-09-2017, 12:30 AM
Turn in your Spurs card, faggot.

DAF86
05-09-2017, 12:35 AM
If we make it to the WCF, everybody will be waiting for our asses to get swept, if we manage to get something out of that series it will be overacheving. It would be nice to play a series without nothing to lose for a change, tbh.

It would also be nice to see just how far we are from them, and see, in a playoff series, what things could work on the future and what things should be eliminated from our style.

BillMc
05-09-2017, 12:40 AM
if you want your team to throw playoff series why even watch the sport? Not much of a hobby tbh.

While Dubs will be really tough, we beat them twice this season, and lead by 20 or more in every game. Spurs aren't a walkover and Houston actually is good training for Dubs in some ways.

jbspurs
05-09-2017, 12:42 AM
Im a Spurs fan from the Bay area. I think, Spurs team is the only team that can give Warriors a run for their money. Warriors live and die by the 3, Spurs can beat them!

John Petrucci
05-09-2017, 12:43 AM
I honestly do wonder who would put up a better fight against GS since we are TP-less. The Rockets can at least have some crazy 3 point shooting games and maybe squeak out a couple wins. I'm not talking about giving up. Just wondering which team advancing is better for the sake of competition in the WCF.

I think Spurs would get swept. I still of course prefer the opportunity. Like someone said anything can happen. LBJ is a laughing stock right now if Curry doesn't slip on some sweat or Dray keeps his composure at a meaningless moment in a game.

BillMc
05-09-2017, 12:44 AM
Im a Spurs fan from the Bay area. I think, Spurs team is the only team that can give Warriors a run for their money. Warriors live and die by the 3, Spurs can beat them!
:toast

I mean they look great but stranger things have happened in sports.

baseline bum
05-09-2017, 12:48 AM

Yeah you should give up, bye.

05-09-2017, 12:59 AM
it would be much more embarrassing losing to a lower seeded team after leading 2-1 and having 2/3 last games at home

Russ
05-09-2017, 01:13 AM

Is this what they call "trolling?"

spurs10
05-09-2017, 01:39 AM
Word!

if you want your team to throw playoff series why even watch the sport? Not much of a hobby tbh.

While Dubs will be really tough, we beat them twice this season, and lead by 20 or more in every game. Spurs aren't a walkover and Houston actually is good training for Dubs in some ways. Exactly! It's about getting better and kicking into the next gear. Rockets are the perfect warm up for GSW. Should bea killer game tonight!

lefty20
05-09-2017, 01:48 AM
it would be much more embarrassing losing to a lower seeded team after leading 2-1 and having 2/3 last games at home

Cliff jumping thread is no place for such a thing as logic, tbh.

skulls138
05-09-2017, 01:52 AM

i dont wanna deal with that shitPlease change your OP name for now and ever more with that statement.

Fireball
05-09-2017, 01:55 AM
Warriors live and die by the 3

thats the biggest bullshit ever ... Wariors play great defense, run fastbreaks, share the ball, KD is a go-to-guy from midrange

I will not discount the Spurs may be able to win 1-2 games, but first they have to get past the Rockets

cd021
05-09-2017, 03:03 AM
Much better to make it to the final 4 and potentially win a game or two then lose in 6 to Houston in the second round.

Time to nut up ST, stop with the bitchassedness.

SPURt
05-09-2017, 03:17 AM
https://fsmedia.imgix.net/cc/65/c0/63/3fa4/4907/b156/41a930781331/fat-ladygif.gif

05-09-2017, 03:30 AM
thats the biggest bullshit ever ... Wariors play great defense, run fastbreaks, share the ball, KD is a go-to-guy from midrange

I will not discount the Spurs may be able to win 1-2 games, but first they have to get past the Rockets

Yep, they're not a one trick pony like the Rockets.

Sure, Curry chucks a few ill-advised three's, but the majority of them are the byproduct of great ball movement which results in an open shot. Their great ball movement results in a lot of easy inside baskets, Javale McGee can surely attest to that.

DeRozan m8
05-09-2017, 05:00 AM
OP is a bitch.

If we get past the Warriors, then we get past the Cavs....surely.

LkrFan
05-09-2017, 05:01 AM

Like 8 :lol?

LkrFan
05-09-2017, 05:02 AM
OP is a bitch.

If we get past the Warriors, then we get past the Cavs....surely.

Agreed. I'd actually be rooting for you guys tbh

NameLess Scrub
05-09-2017, 05:19 AM
It's gonna be embarrassing and disgusting, but you have to take the opportunity if you can.

That said it's just hypothetical. Spurs can't get past the lesser version of the Warriors.

Sadly the West will take care of LeBron again and help him avoid the slayer.

polandprzem
05-09-2017, 05:23 AM
Watching dubs doin dubs and dray screaming all over the place and flexing his miserable muscles ... Makes me sick.
Durant already beat us with lesser team so he will dominate here.
GS can play any ball that's possible. They do have inside and outside. Frickin McGee looks like reincarnation of Wilt Chamberlain! No wonder when he is left to produce when Warriors have 4 more lethal weapons when he is in the game ...

I have no idea how Spurs if advancing stand a chance esp now when you can run into defender and make tryouts for a movie with theatrics.

If we do have troubles with only one Harden it will be painful to watch what Curry, Klay and Durant will do to us with Dray left alone on 3 pt line.
Not to mention Livingston who has big games vs Spurs.

Fireball
05-09-2017, 05:28 AM
I do not have League Pass to want my Spurs drop out earlier than necessary ...

hater
05-09-2017, 06:13 AM
Dont worry this most likely wont happen as hardon will shit on us tonight

:cry manus last home game ever :cry

NameLess Scrub
05-09-2017, 06:17 AM
Dont worry this most likely wont happen as hardon will shit on us tonight

:cry manus last home game ever :cry

The realization :( :(

cd98
05-09-2017, 06:27 AM
Get to the WCF. It's experience for the young guys, it makes the Spurs more money, and it's a recruitment tool for future free agents that we are second out West and join us to help beat GSW.

cd98
05-09-2017, 06:31 AM
Ang GSW are two injured Stars away from being a walkover. It can happen, that's why you play. Spurs won't beat a healthy GSW in 7, but there is no guarantee that GSW will be healthy the whole series.

tbdog
05-09-2017, 06:42 AM
You obviously never played sport with any sort of passion. You play cause you enjoy it. And all you can do is play your best. You embrace any challenge. Regardless of the results, you go home.

cutewizard
05-09-2017, 08:12 AM
If we make it to the WCF, everybody will be waiting for our asses to get swept, if we manage to get something out of that series it will be overacheving. It would be nice to play a series without nothing to lose for a change, tbh.

It would also be nice to see just how far we are from them, and see, in a playoff series, what things could work on the future and what things should be eliminated from our style.

-------------------------------------------------------

agree

Spur|n|Austin
05-09-2017, 08:41 AM
OP is a bitchmade beta fuck boi

sammy
05-09-2017, 08:59 AM
WTF! Spurs will win against GSW in 6! Give me a freaking break! All of you ledge jumping Spurs fans are a disgrace!

Strategic
05-09-2017, 09:22 AM
Hell no! W's would sweep the Rockets and clean sweep the WC. Never hear the end of that. Spurs have a real shot at the dubs, though if Pop had Kerrs back and Kerr had a feather up his ass, Spurs chances might be improved.

jbspurs
05-09-2017, 09:26 AM

They rely too much on their 3's, even if they're missing they will keep shooting. If their 3's are off they struggle, even their fans here in the bay area knows it. Against the Spurs, they will not have a chance if they cannot make their 3's. Only problem is, most of the time they shoot the lights out.

Fireball
05-09-2017, 10:09 AM
They rely too much on their 3's, even if they're missing they will keep shooting. If their 3's are off they struggle, even their fans here in the bay area knows it. Against the Spurs, they will not have a chance if they cannot make their 3's. Only problem is, most of the time they shoot the lights out.

Utah has a disciplined defense just like the Spurs ... they lost to GS in Utah (gm 3) when both Curry and Thompson were total no-shows because Durant carried the load
GS can have 2-3 bad shooting games in a 7 game series and still win it easily because they have most other bases covered

Ice009
05-09-2017, 10:10 AM

1. NEVER EVER GIVE UP. That is not how you have great comeback wins or series upsets. You can't do any of that if you give up before the game/s have even started.

2. Win or lose, the experience would be invaluable to half the players on the team. Just because you don't want to deal with that shit, doesn't mean the Spurs shouldn't play them. A lot of the younger players can use the experience to get better.

GSH
05-09-2017, 11:11 AM
Yes. "We" should do that. :vomit:

jbspurs
05-09-2017, 11:13 AM
Utah has a disciplined defense just like the Spurs ... they lost to GS in Utah (gm 3) when both Curry and Thompson were total no-shows because Durant carried the load
GS can have 2-3 bad shooting games in a 7 game series and still win it easily because they have most other bases covered

Spurs is not Jazz or Jazz is not Spurs!

Mikeanaro
05-09-2017, 11:18 AM
Who is this? Darius Bieberīs secondary account?

kaji157
05-09-2017, 11:18 AM
Of course not. This is beyond stupid.
Anything can happen, from a plain crash to a hot steak from all our role players.
You gotta compete the best you can and hope for the best.
And this team in particular, not Manu our Tony, but the young ones, really need to be confident that they can perform what is expected from them, because since the team had passed to them it had underachieved two years in a row.
It's important for that group to get at least top where we are expected to.

BatManu20
05-09-2017, 11:19 AM
Wtf type of loser-mentality question is this tbh. Of course we want to beat Houston, the only western conference team we've never eliminated in the playoffs. Last thing I want is for their fans to have bragging rights. Yea, Dubs will likely beat us next round, but we have nothing to lose against them. At least give us that chance. Plus I'm not ready for Manu's career to be over tbh.

Clipper Nation
05-09-2017, 11:20 AM
OP must be Porker's SpursTalk account. Would fit right in with statements like "we're not contenders anymore" and "I can't believe they're leaving him wide open!"

blizz
05-09-2017, 11:23 AM
It would be nice to play a series without nothing to lose for a change

You mean WITH nothing to lose.

Horse
05-09-2017, 12:14 PM
I think the warriors are the one team we'll get a fully focused Spurs team for and if fully focused they can beat anyone. So fuck this pussy giveup shit.

Ice009
05-09-2017, 12:28 PM
Wtf type of loser-mentality question is this tbh. Of course we want to beat Houston, the only western conference team we've never eliminated in the playoffs. Last thing I want is for their fans to have bragging rights. Yea, Dubs will likely beat us next round, but we have nothing to lose against them. At least give us that chance. Plus I'm not ready for Manu's career to be over tbh.

I just want to play them. If you can at least get there and play them, you have a chance. It might be a small one, but it's still a chance and I'll take that 100/100 times.

Russ
05-09-2017, 12:40 PM
To the extent this is a serious discussion, look at it this way:

The Spurs won two games by double digits (by 29 and 22 points) then led the third game by 22 before understandably losing focus.

It's hard to say they have absolutely no chance.

Amuseddaysleeper
05-09-2017, 12:41 PM
To the extent this is a serious discussion, look at it this way:

The Spurs won two games by double digits (by 29 and 22 points) then led the third game by 22 before understandably losing focus.

It's hard to say they have absolutely no chance.

One game was the first day of the season, can't put much stock into that, second game was bench vs bench and third game the Warriors went on a 103-69 run. Pure domination.

Spurs won't take the Warriors past 5 games, imo.

BC3
05-09-2017, 12:45 PM
I think the warriors are the one team we'll get a fully focused Spurs team for and if fully focused they can beat anyone. So fuck this pussy giveup shit.

exactly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPndEwlzcgk

DAF86
05-09-2017, 01:08 PM
You mean WITH nothing to lose.

Well, clearly. :lol

gameFACE
05-09-2017, 02:15 PM
I don't know where the No Limit Army Commander went off to but....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhMLC_MYaSw

Darius Bieber
05-09-2017, 02:17 PM
Easy there OP, we still have to get through the Rockets lmao...... Which is not gonna happen anyways.

SAGirl
05-09-2017, 02:38 PM
I think it's definitely a positive to get to the next round, no matter the outcome there.
Everyone gets tested. Maybe some veterans get exposed, maybe Pop finds they need to tweak the roster again or they find some keepers. There's nothing to lose. Even Spurs young players may get experience from that and come back for a summer where they get ready for the regular season with more desire.

r0drig0lac
05-09-2017, 02:48 PM

cd98
05-09-2017, 02:48 PM
Last time the Spurs met a Mike Brown coached team in the playoffs, the Spurs swept them.

DAF86
05-09-2017, 02:50 PM
I don't know where the No Limit Army Commander went off to but....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhMLC_MYaSw

Along with timvp, tbh.

mclinejr
05-09-2017, 02:50 PM
I want the Spurs to make it to the WCF. If they lose, maybe they'll come back with a chip on their shoulder next season.

Chillen
05-09-2017, 02:55 PM
To be the best you have to beat the best. It is what it is, the Spurs need to win vs Rockets and relish the opportunity to play in the WCF vs Warriors. I don't know what will happen but if the Spurs play them I hope they make them earn that series if they advance.

UZER
05-09-2017, 03:01 PM
If you're going to have to go through them in the next few years, might as well get some live playoff reps.

Amuseddaysleeper
05-09-2017, 03:03 PM

This, tbh :tu

Houston fans on RealGM and ClutchFans would be insufferable should Houston win the series. Spurs will lose to GS as bad as they did in the 2001 Lakers series but at least at that point the expectations are out the window.

SAGirl
05-09-2017, 03:05 PM
If you're going to have to go through them in the next few years, might as well get some live playoff reps.
good take.
Exactly this. :toast

TD 21
05-09-2017, 04:28 PM

In addition: I'm sick and tired of seeing this team lose series they had home court and a lead in. To have been by far the 2nd best regular season team in the league over a 3 year span and not even make a Conference Finals, wouldn't be a good look either. If they want to try to maintain an inkling of the mystique that '12-'14 created, if for no other reason than appealing to free agents, then finally getting to a series with the Warriors, taking a game and playing a somewhat competitive series, is important.

SpursFan86
05-09-2017, 04:45 PM
In addition: I'm sick and tired of seeing this team lose series they had home court and a lead in. To have been by far the 2nd best regular season team in the league over a 3 year span and not even make a Conference Finals, wouldn't be a good look either. If they want to try to maintain an inkling of the mystique that '12-'14 created, if for no other reason than appealing to free agents, then finally getting to a series with the Warriors, taking a game and playing a somewhat competitive series, is important.

One more addition to your addition: fuck Houston and their fans...it's already annoying enough hearing them bring up shit that happened 2 decades ago. Last thing I want is for the Rockets to have bragging rights to the SW division after one playoff series win.

Arcadian
05-09-2017, 05:12 PM
:lol Fuck that...we got a puncher's chance against GS, but even if we didn't, you always want to see your team go as far as possible. There's nothing embarrassing about making the conference finals, no matter the result.

ViceCity86
05-09-2017, 05:27 PM
Hell naw. We are going to beat the Cockets. We got to see if the youngins, like Simmons and Murray, and Lamarcus Aldridge can perform on the highest level against the best team. If we lose, oh well, weren't expected to win. If we knocked out that fag Durant out of the playoffs,even better. A win.

Russ
05-09-2017, 06:26 PM
One more addition to your addition: fuck Houston and their fans...it's already annoying enough hearing them bring up shit that happened 2 decades ago. Last thing I want is for the Rockets to have bragging rights to the SW division after one playoff series win.

I was at the first two WCF games in '95. Two heartbreaking losses to Houston in a year the Spurs had a legit chance to win their first title.

But the worst thing was the boatload of Rockets fans in the Alamodome. During the national anthem they would roar in unison when that "Rockets red glare" line came along.

I was also at Game 1 of the current series. More obnoxious Rockets fans, chanting "Let's Go Rockets" as they marched lockstep through the corriodors of the AT&T.

The Spurs tried to stop the national anthem shenanigans by having some guy named "Joe Pags" do an instrumental on the sax. But even without the words the Rockets fans acted up when the red glare line came along.

Finally, at the end of that blowout, they literally took over the AT&T.

I don't want the Spurs to lose to that outfit no matter what happens in the next series.

Down Under
05-09-2017, 09:11 PM
If we make it to the WCF we have done extremely well this season. 60+ wins plus we've got some pieces going forward in Bertans, Dedmon & have a few good draft stashes ready to come over in Milutinov & Hanga. There's the hige ceiling of Murray as well as a ton of cap space after next season, which is good because the FA guard class this year is thin.

illusioNtEk
05-09-2017, 10:39 PM

HarlemHeat37
05-09-2017, 10:43 PM
No shame in losing to the Warriors and being 2nd best, tbh..they're the greatest team I've ever seen in my 20 years of watching basketball..usually I don't believe in moral victories, but I'd take one, this year..

Losing to the Rockets would be terrible, though..Harden is the most unwatchable star in NBA history..

Mark in Austin
05-09-2017, 10:57 PM

This.

RodNIc91
05-09-2017, 11:24 PM
No shame in losing to the Warriors and being 2nd best, tbh..they're the greatest team I've ever seen in my 20 years of watching basketball..usually I don't believe in moral victories, but I'd take one, this year..

Losing to the Rockets would be terrible, though..Harden is the most unwatchable star in NBA history..

Don't you think the '14 Spurs would have a shot at beating them? I mean, they were born because of that team.

SAGirl
05-10-2017, 12:25 AM
OP talking about giving up! He can't be a real Spurs fan...

GSH
05-10-2017, 12:29 AM
I don't want the Spurs to lose to that outfit no matter what happens in the next series.

One of the truly great pleasures in the world of NBA fandom is to see Mike D'Atoni crying at the end of a season. He will just be that much more bitter if it's the Spurs that do it to him again, and that will make it that much sweeter.

Does that make me a bad person?

HarlemHeat37
05-10-2017, 12:29 AM
Don't you think the '14 Spurs would have a shot at beating them? I mean, they were born because of that team.

I think the 2014 Spurs would match up well vs. them in a series, but I don't think they're better, overall..

dabom
05-10-2017, 12:31 AM
I think the 2014 Spurs would match up well vs. them in a series, but I don't think they're better, overall..

That's one of the goat teams.

RodNIc91
05-10-2017, 01:04 AM

For Sure! Completely agree :tu. The level of competitiveness leaguewide has watered down in that span as well, so it is unforgivable if we're not able to advance to the WCF all things considered.

Down Under
05-10-2017, 01:38 AM
The 2014 Spurs would roll them if they played the same as they did in that series. They hit everything, even contested, cut & passed perfectly and defended extremely well.

therealtruth
05-10-2017, 01:49 AM
The Spurs used to have a big that could punish teams for playing small. He used to put up stat lines like 32 points, 20 rebounds, 5 blocks. Too bad those days are gone.

Ditty
05-10-2017, 01:50 AM
I just want the boys to go out there, and have fun!