PDA

View Full Version : NBA: If ratings drop will Silver do anything about the Warriors?

05-09-2017, 12:56 AM
KD going to the Warriors all but ruined any anticipation anyone had for the West playoffs(or the playoffs in general) which is usually where the excitement is since the East is a foregone conclusion.

With that realization, a lot of NBA fans are bored this year. You see complaints on here, obviously, but i also see it all over social media and youtube. That there's no point in watching because we already know the outcome, Warriors vs Cavs. The only last glimmer of hope is if LeBron can pull off the upset again, but it's unlikely.

If the Dubs roll through the cavs, and the ratings are low, do you think silver will maybe pressure the Dubs to break it up?

A warriors dynasty over the next few years would be terrible for the nba imo. Since it's not a testament to individual talent but ridiculous super team building, i think the entertainment level would dwindle a bit every year. Could be the worst era in nba history.

apalisoc_9
05-09-2017, 01:37 AM
Maybe Silver rigs the WCF in favour of the spurs...who knows.

Leonard vs. Lebron debates are getting juicier by day but it won't amount to anything if they don't play against each other in the finals.

Seriously, there is no appealing superstars in the East except Lebron. The West has a few but the Warriors have the west all locked up.

An Individual player vs player battle is exactly what the NBA needs to move on from a warrior-Cavs era but its super unlikely.

I still think this year Warriors-Cavs is the must see tv and biggest storyline. The issue would be if the Warriors-Cavs plays again next year and does it in a dominating fashion.

Also, who the hell replaces Lebron in the east? Outside of Kyrie who is Lebrons teamates and derrick rose...no Star player in the east is even top 12 in player meechandise sale. There isn't any household superstar in the east so Lebron has to go to the finals every year or else ratings will plummet.

The new team has to come from the West.

LkrFan
05-09-2017, 04:58 AM
9 out of 10 chickenshit SpurFags make threads like this. :lol

Stern didn't say shit when the Spurs had a top 50 all-time player on their roster, yet successfully tanked for Jim. :downspin:

Seventyniner
05-09-2017, 10:16 AM
The owners missed their chance to screw the Warriors with the new CBA. All they needed to do was apply increases to a player's cap hold if they make All-Star teams, All-NBA teams, etc. to make it impossible to do what the Warriors did: have an MVP on a ridiculously low contract and cap hold. It would have gotten 29 out of 30 votes easy.

Clipper Nation
05-09-2017, 11:15 AM
http://i.imgur.com/KOh9FeU.png
FIFY

Bynumite
05-09-2017, 11:42 AM
I'm not bored in the slightest. In fact it warms my heart knowing the cucks have absolutely no shot at the title and will definitely tune in to watch the Warriors run a train on them if they make the WCF ;)

unleashbaynes
05-09-2017, 12:08 PM
Worst playoffs i can remember. Even in the series that are tied, every game has been decided by double digits.

05-09-2017, 01:25 PM

Stern didn't say shit when the Spurs had a top 50 all-time player on their roster, yet successfully tanked for Jim. :downspin:You can't spin adding a rookie to a 50 win team to adding an MVP to a 73 win team, Javier. There's no comparable example in sports history :downspin:

05-09-2017, 01:47 PM
Also, who the hell replaces Lebron in the east? Outside of Kyrie who is Lebrons teamates and derrick rose...no Star player in the east is even top 12 in player meechandise sale. There isn't any household superstar in the east so Lebron has to go to the finals every year or else ratings will plummet.

The new team has to come from the West.As it stands now, I think Giannis is next up. It would've been nice if KAT would've been drafted to the Eastern Conference because he's poised to be a star as well.

Seems like LeBron's era will end before Warriors, so I'd assume the new team comes the east. Maybe Cs, bucks or Wizrds get a big FA.

apalisoc_9
05-09-2017, 01:49 PM
As it stands now, I think Giannis is next up. It would've been nice if KAT would've been drafted to the Eastern Conference because he's poised to be a star as well.

Seems like LeBron's era will end before Warriors, so I'd assume the new team comes the east. Maybe Cs, bucks or Wizrds get a big FA.

Giannis Popular within the NBA community but he's not household name. He also can't shoot. There is no way he's next up. Extremely limited offensive player.

05-09-2017, 03:42 PM
Giannis Popular within the NBA community but he's not household name. He also can't shoot. There is no way he's next up. Extremely limited offensive player.he gets a lot of push from the major outlets like espn, and the official nba social media accounts. they're going to try.

Clipper Nation
05-09-2017, 03:53 PM
Jason Kidd learned how to shoot in his mid-to-late 30s. Giannis could easily learn how to do it at age 22.

DMC
05-09-2017, 03:59 PM
On one hand we bitch that the league is too watered down with shitty players. On the other we bitch that too few teams have all the talent.

It's the teams with the talent that cause people to watch. No one gives a flying fuck about Dejuonte Murray's rookie start or Manu's last season except Spurs fans. Everyone wants to see the Warriors/Cavs Finals because both teams spent the money to get the talent to make a series competitive. They didn't go to their D league and pilfer the shit players and put them on the floor under the guise of "hidden gem".

DMC
05-09-2017, 04:01 PM

Stern didn't say shit when the Spurs had a top 50 all-time player on their roster, yet successfully tanked for Jim. :downspin:

You're like 0 and 4.

LkrFan
05-09-2017, 05:51 PM
You can't spin adding a rookie to a 50 win team to adding an MVP to a 73 win team, Javier. There's no comparable example in sports history :downspin:

:lol

LkrFan
05-09-2017, 05:53 PM
You're like 0 and 4.
We'll be 0 for 5 if either of these 2 scenarios happen:

1) We lose The Pick!
2) We keep it and draft Lonzo Ball

SMDH :lol

Clipper Nation
05-09-2017, 05:57 PM

1) We lose The Pick!

http://i.imgur.com/vN5XjPm.jpg

whitemamba
05-09-2017, 06:42 PM

Balls>Rivers

DMC
05-09-2017, 06:50 PM
SOL

Shit out of Luck

Son of Lamar

LkrFan
05-09-2017, 06:57 PM

My Eyes! It will burn my eyes to see this jackass in P&G with his dumbass dad sitting courtside next to Jack Nicholas! :lmao

LkrFan
05-09-2017, 06:58 PM
SOL

Shit out of Luck

Son of Lamar

spurtech09
05-09-2017, 11:08 PM
its all a set up for Warriors Vs Cavs......The NBA is Rigged!!!!!

midnightpulp
05-09-2017, 11:24 PM

1) We lose The Pick!

Longo is coming.

That is it and that is all.

midnightpulp
05-09-2017, 11:48 PM
I normally don't like the lack of parity arguments. Sports are a meritocracy and the best players and franchises should win a lot more than worse ones.

That said, I like "organic" parity. That's when parity is achieved through front-office competency by a variety of teams throughout a league.

I don't think the NBA can ever have organic parity, though. Reasons:

- Even though basketball is probably the second largest participation sport on the planet, the talent pool is still ridiculously small since an NBA caliber player will typically need to be both a world class athlete and over 6'4" to play any position beside PG. And PGs are even getting taller, longer, and more athletic now. Yeah, you have your 5'9" Isiaiah Thomases, but those players are white elephants. And even though Thomas is a "midget," he's still taller than the majority of the worldwide male population, which stand about 5'6".

- Because of the above, teams with the best individual player usually have the best chance of playoff success. Yeah, basketball is a team game, but it's only 5 on 5 on the floor. The best player will typically be responsible for 50% of his team's production (points + playmaking). Lebron, for instance, scored about 24% of his team's points and assisted on 41% of their points.

- Lack of a farm system. In baseball, which has a 6 deep tiered farm system, winning the number 1 overall pick is pretty meaningless. It's all about how you develop your picks, and franchises with good systems have a constant stream of great prospects coming through the pipeline. If teams develop right, they can have a "number 1 overall pick" coming in every year. We've seen 20th round picks become Hall of Famers. The NBA's model pretty much forces 19 year olds to learn on the job, and since a pro basketball team just won't have the time to meticulously develop their youth, we see a lot of lottery picks becoming busts. If the NBA had a multilayered farm system, you'd see more impactful lottery picks and A LOT more late 1st rounders and 2nd rounders develop into stars, which would translate into more parity. Teams would have a lottery pick coming every year, regardless of said player's draft position.

HarlemHeat37
05-10-2017, 12:36 AM
The feelings of hardcore NBA fans don't reflect the general population, tbh..I'd bet that Warriors-Cavs will draw huge ratings, just like last year..

LkrFan
05-10-2017, 04:47 AM
Longo is coming.

That is it and that is all.

Not if we get #1 I hope. We all thought the Lakers were drafting Oak - ended up with D'Bust :lol

Clipper Nation
05-10-2017, 07:08 AM
My Eyes! It will burn my eyes to see this jackass in P&G with his dumbass dad sitting courtside next to Jack Nicholas! :lmao
He won't be sitting courtside, Alonso. He'll be "coaching" the team.

sasaint
05-10-2017, 11:45 AM
its all a set up for Warriors Vs Cavs......The NBA is Rigged!!!!!

The NBA is rigged primarily because of is non-salary cap. Won't change unless/until it adopts a straightforward, hard cap.

LkrFan
05-10-2017, 02:49 PM
He won't be sitting courtside, Alonso. He'll be "coaching" the team.

Joseph Kony
05-10-2017, 04:54 PM
Lonzo kinda looks like Drake on a meth binge

I. Hustle
05-10-2017, 05:18 PM
Lonzo kinda looks like Drake on a meth binge

Someone needs to make a faces of meth meme with their pictures. That shit would go viral.