PDA

View Full Version : Kawhi's dilemma... he is Jordan...

duncan2k5
05-09-2017, 02:48 PM
Sometimes you have to let your best player go out and score 30...Pop is locked in to the beautiful game era which is impossible to do with this roster...You have to adjust...

Kawhi is a beast offensively and we rarely lose when he scores over 30...Imagine trying to play the beautiful game when Duncan won his first 3 championships? We wouldn't win any because the roster was better fit for Duncan to dominate...

Imagine Jordan having to be in a system where the ball is shared as opposed to dominating by scoring...He may not have even won one...

Many times watching Kawhi play, i can see pop in his head telling him he needs to pass the ball around...There are times he can go for the shot, but he chooses to pass...That goes against his instinct... he plays best when he is dominating to the point where he gets in the lane and the entire defense collapses to the point where he can dump it off or pass out...He needs to play aggressively to score

dabom
05-09-2017, 02:53 PM
I agree with you OP. Have you ever seen kawhi have a bad game with 30 shots?

Dex
05-09-2017, 03:02 PM
Jordan didn't win shit until he learned to pass the ball and utilize the team he had around him.

Kawhi isn't a natural playmaker right now, but he is never going to figure it out if he spends all of his time looking for his own shot.

Not to mention Houston is sending hard doubles at him pretty much all the time. Taking 30 shots over a double-team is not how you win playoff games.

dabom
05-09-2017, 03:15 PM
Let's just continue feeding lma and Gasol. :lmao

UZER
05-09-2017, 04:04 PM
System system system!!!!

:pop:

DAF86
05-09-2017, 04:06 PM
More shots for Kawhi and less ineffective postups for our jumpshooting bigs, tbh.

DMC
05-09-2017, 04:11 PM
Sometimes you have to let your best player go out and score 30...Pop is locked in to the beautiful game era which is impossible to do with this roster...You have to adjust...

Kawhi is a beast offensively and we rarely lose when he scores over 30...Imagine trying to play the beautiful game when Duncan won his first 3 championships? We wouldn't win any because the roster was better fit for Duncan to dominate...

Imagine Jordan having to be in a system where the ball is shared as opposed to dominating by scoring...He may not have even won one...

Many times watching Kawhi play, i can see pop in his head telling him he needs to pass the ball around...There are times he can go for the shot, but he chooses to pass...That goes against his instinct... he plays best when he is dominating to the point where he gets in the lane and the entire defense collapses to the point where he can dump it off or pass out...He needs to play aggressively to score

Welcome back to the post season. Youtube is around if you need to learn the game and the team.

sananspursfan21
05-09-2017, 04:25 PM
Eh. I think the lack of ball movement is killing these guys. Kawhi is great with the ball in his hands but I still like ball movement better. Plus, Kawhi seems great at moving without the ball

hater
05-09-2017, 04:57 PM
Jordan didnt win shit till he had Pippen

Parker was his Pippen until he got killed

And Lamarsha has a hard time being his Will Perdue

szkorhetz
05-09-2017, 05:11 PM
Pop is locked in to the beautiful era? :lol

This Spurs O is one of the ugliest iso offenses. Ever.

SPURt
05-09-2017, 05:16 PM

So true lol!

FkLA
05-09-2017, 05:53 PM

:lmao

duncan2k5
05-09-2017, 06:00 PM
I'm not saying he needs to be selfish...I'm saying he needs to focus on scoring and be aggressive the entire game...The roster isn't built for the beautiful game...Even when Jordan was averaging 5 and 6 assists per game, he was scoring over 30...His scoring aggression led to his teammates being wide open...But if u start the game passively, we may dig ourselves into a hole we can't get out of, especially with Pop giving up in 3rd quarters

therealtruth
05-09-2017, 10:53 PM
Jordan didn't win shit until he learned to pass the ball and utilize the team he had around him.

Kawhi isn't a natural playmaker right now, but he is never going to figure it out if he spends all of his time looking for his own shot.

Not to mention Houston is sending hard doubles at him pretty much all the time. Taking 30 shots over a double-team is not how you win playoff games.

I believe Jordan's rookie season he averaged 5-6 apg. What's this thing about learning how to pass the ball?

Spurtacular
05-10-2017, 12:45 AM

Parker was his BJ Armstrong maybe.