PDA

View Full Version : Start Patty Crew Get in here

dabom
05-09-2017, 05:30 PM
:danceclub:danceclub:danceclub:danceclub:danceclub :danceclub:danceclub:danceclub

99 Problems
05-09-2017, 05:40 PM
Little General is taking the keys to the San Antonio Cadillac convertible and it going to be a joy ride today. Pop is confined to the back seat with Tiago and Bonner. Up front with Little General on the bench seat will be Manu and Boris. It'll be like old times. May Rocket fans find peace after todays soul searching experience.

TheRemix
05-09-2017, 05:43 PM
Que the Ron Paul it's happening gif

BC3
05-09-2017, 05:53 PM
Little General is taking the keys to the San Antonio Cadillac convertible and it going to be a joy ride today. Pop is confined to the back seat with Tiago and Bonner. Up front with Little General on the bench seat will be Manu and Boris. It'll be like old times. May Rocket fans find peace after todays soul searching experience.

little general like avery johnson?

hater
05-09-2017, 06:02 PM
We have nobody else

Playing with house money

TheGreatYacht
05-09-2017, 06:06 PM
We have nobody else

Playing with house money
This :lol

Pop is now starting Eddie House Jr. Let's just hope he doesn't build too many houses today....

https://media.tenor.co/images/d498079669374b016d34505a14bec901/tenor.gif

Seventyniner
05-09-2017, 06:08 PM
The krew wanted Patty to start when Parker was healthy. This is more by default, the Spurs are out of options.

99 Problems
05-09-2017, 10:01 PM
Get back in the Caddy Manu, we're doing another lap of the Main Street. Turn the stereo up Little General.......:danceclub:danceclub

dabom
05-09-2017, 10:02 PM
:danceclub:danceclub:danceclub:danceclub:danceclub :danceclub

dabom
05-09-2017, 10:02 PM
All three of us. :bobo

HarlemHeat37
05-09-2017, 10:04 PM
Nice audition, so far, tbh..going to have suitors for a starting gig if he keeps it up..

DAF86
05-09-2017, 10:07 PM
We have nobody else

Playing with house money

That doesn't take away from the fact that he delivered big time, doing the things folks said he couldn't do: drible up the ball (he would get pressured all the time "guaranteed" :lol), take care of the ball, run the offense, get to the lane, create for himself and others.

DPG21920 and midnightpulp have some forgiveness asking to do, tbh.

99 Problems
05-09-2017, 10:17 PM
:bobo

gambit1990
:toast

dabom
43 minutes today. :wow

NASpurs
05-09-2017, 10:18 PM
Good to see that Patty was able to bring the ball up the court in the playoffs, he just proved his doubters wrong :wow

SpurOutofTownFan
so we don't call Beno yet?

FkLA
MVfuckingPaddy tbh

gambit1990
05-09-2017, 10:19 PM
DPG21920 (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=13014) and midnightpulp (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=5430) have some forgiveness asking to do, tbh.
they're on suicide watch after the spurs close this out.

look_at_g_shred
05-09-2017, 10:20 PM
Get back in the Caddy Manu, we're doing another lap of the Main Street. Turn the stereo up Little General.......:danceclub:danceclub
Laugh out fuckin loud

99 Problems
05-09-2017, 10:22 PM
:pop: Patty turn this one up... I like Stak Jack music. :danceclub

Spurtacular
05-09-2017, 11:27 PM
No Murray in Gm 5. That is my takeaway. Patty was already proven to any ST'er not suffering from brain trauma.

SAGirl
05-09-2017, 11:29 PM
They did get a good/hot start :toast

tmtcsc
05-09-2017, 11:34 PM
'Sup? http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=268228&p=9002473#post9002473

FkLA
05-10-2017, 12:05 AM

dabom
05-10-2017, 12:11 AM
Patty is that dude. :cry

https://streamable.com/4itmn

:hat

DPG21920
05-10-2017, 04:11 AM
Made some sense to start Mills because whether with Mills or Murray and no TP the offense was going to struggle to create in the half court so go with shot making. Way to go for Mills on stepping up and making shots today. Huge for SA that he did that.

Snaq O'Meal
05-10-2017, 04:37 AM
little general like avery johnson?

Avery Johnson is the Little Genital (given the history between the Spurs and the Mavs).

BC3
05-10-2017, 12:00 PM
Avery Johnson is the Little Genital (given the history between the Spurs and the Mavs).

:lol:lmao:flag:

Mr. Body
05-10-2017, 12:01 PM
The fucker couldn't even get a shot off in regulation.

DPG21920
05-10-2017, 12:02 PM

Inexcusable really. I believe that is the 2nd time that has happened at the end of a quarter with him is it not? Just no feel for the game in situations like that. Doesn't know when to go.

dabom
05-10-2017, 12:19 PM
Inexcusable really. I believe that is the 2nd time that has happened at the end of a quarter with him is it not? Just no feel for the game in situations like that. Doesn't know when to go.

I'll spare ya faggots who didn't actually watch the game. :lmao

Seventyniner
05-10-2017, 12:27 PM

Given how Manu was playing I wanted him with the ball. His sense of timing is impeccable.

Yuixafun
05-10-2017, 02:38 PM
That block was impeccable timing.

spurraider21
05-10-2017, 02:48 PM
patty played very well tbh... his outside shot was falling, which with him is always the only deciding factor of whether he had a good or bad game

DAF86
05-10-2017, 03:51 PM
Made some sense to start Mills because whether with Mills or Murray and no TP the offense was going to struggle to create in the half court so go with shot making. Way to go for Mills on stepping up and making shots today. Huge for SA that he did that.

What happened to all that "guaranteed" pressure you promised son? :lol

cd021
05-10-2017, 04:05 PM

Gasol was supposed to rescreen, I believe. He wasn't about to let the Spurs lose in OT. He did the same thing against the Clippers in '15, this is what he does.

dabom
05-10-2017, 04:09 PM

:lol

Almost like the guy doesn't watch basketball. :lmao

99 Problems
05-10-2017, 04:53 PM
:convertib

DPG21920
05-11-2017, 03:06 AM

We saw that pressure when Murray started just like I said. It was a drastic change from when TP was playing. I think what happened was with only a 7 man rotation they made the decision to not expend their energy with presses as much but I don't know.

But that is besides the point. We've clearly seen the difference in TP's handling of pressure and the ball in general vs Mills and Murray. The fact that Mills was not pressed this ONE game does not mean the point of WHY he is pressured more than TP (or someone like Murray being tested as well) is wrong.

Grow up.

DPG21920
05-11-2017, 03:08 AM
I'll spare ya faggots who didn't actually watch the game. :lmao

There is no excuse for this. I didn't get to watch this game, but I saw the other game where Mills did that and I saw the entire stretch on replay of this moment.

Unless there is some context from the entire game that explains why that happened that I am missing, then? He was trying to wait for a screen and once he saw it was not on time or going to come, he should have had the recognition to try something else.

The one thing you absolutely cannot do is not get a shot off when you have that much time left on the clock. It's inexcusable and Pop blew up in the replay I saw as well.

dabom
05-11-2017, 12:13 PM
Pop blew up Pau Gasol for like 2 minutes. :lmao

Not once did he yell at Patty. :lol

DAF86
05-11-2017, 01:38 PM
We saw that pressure when Murray started just like I said. It was a drastic change from when TP was playing. I think what happened was with only a 7 man rotation they made the decision to not expend their energy with presses as much but I don't know.

Yeah well, we're talking about Patty not Murray, so I don't know why you are bringing the kid up, tbh. :lol

But that is besides the point. We've clearly seen the difference in TP's handling of pressure and the ball in general vs Mills

When?

and Murray.

Again, why do you keep bringing him up? :lol

The fact that Mills was not pressed this ONE game does not mean the point of WHY he is pressured more than TP (or someone like Murray being tested as well) is wrong.

Grow up.

"This ONE game" :lol. In which other games was he pressured son? Or at least, pressured more than any other PG would get pressured?

You said he would get pressured all the time "guaranteed", he doesn't. That's the end of it.

"grow up" :lol

":cry Stop calling me out on my shitty takes. Grow up. :cry" :lmao

DPG21920
05-11-2017, 03:58 PM
Yeah well, we're talking about Patty not Murray, so I don't know why you are bringing the kid up, tbh. :lol

When?

Again, why do you keep bringing him up? :lol

"This ONE game" :lol. In which other games was he pressured son? Or at least, pressured more than any other PG would get pressured?

You said he would get pressured all the time "guaranteed", he doesn't. That's the end of it.

None of this disputes anything. You didn't call me out on anything. You waited until Mills had one good shooting game (despite the offense not running nearly as efficiently with him as it was with TP) to try and find your chance to come at me.

Everyone here knows there is a big gulf in Mills ability to handle the ball and TP. Not only that, we've seen Mills pressured before and TP doesnt get pressured like him. Not only that, Mills handle is noticeably worse than TP's.

The fact Murray got the start and was pressured doesn't change the point I was making about TP being the best ball handler so teams don't bother pressing him like they do with Mills/Murray. You are trying to cling to some weird semantics because you get pretty butthurt about me tbh..

If your argument is that Mills handle is NBA level for a starting PG or even equal to that of TP's, it's you that have the shitty takes.

DAF86
05-11-2017, 09:06 PM
None of this disputes anything. You didn't call me out on anything. You waited until Mills had one good shooting game (despite the offense not running nearly as efficiently with him as it was with TP) to try and find your chance to come at me.

Everyone here knows there is a big gulf in Mills ability to handle the ball and TP. Not only that, we've seen Mills pressured before and TP doesnt get pressured like him. Not only that, Mills handle is noticeably worse than TP's.

The fact Murray got the start and was pressured doesn't change the point I was making about TP being the best ball handler so teams don't bother pressing him like they do with Mills/Murray. You are trying to cling to some weird semantics because you get pretty butthurt about me tbh..

If your argument is that Mills handle is NBA level for a starting PG or even equal to that of TP's, it's you that have the shitty takes.

My take is that you have overblown the whole thing regarding Patty's handles, and that we are not going to suffer shit because of it. And I called you out on this since day one, I didn't wait for shit. I'm just now rubbing it in your face just so that you know who's boss, tbh.

Now shhh, and take the L. I'm gonna enjoy the rest of these Patty lead Spurs, tbh.

DPG21920
05-11-2017, 09:08 PM
Ok Tony Danza

99 Problems
05-11-2017, 09:23 PM
:convertib:convertib

dabom
05-11-2017, 09:23 PM
:worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::w orthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy:

DPG21920
05-11-2017, 09:24 PM
Great game from him tonight. They pretty much had to abandon the PnR because he cannot run it well, but he did everything he was asked to do these last two games.

His defense on Harden was by far the biggest surprise of the series to me. He legit bothered him.

99 Problems
05-11-2017, 09:43 PM
:convertib:convertib:convertib:convertib:convertib :convertib:convertib:convertib:convertib:convertib :convertib:convertib:convertib:convertib:convertib :danceclub:danceclub

Slippy
05-11-2017, 09:55 PM
Patty has played as well as you could expect & more. Kept mistakes to a minimum, ran the team well & hit big shots

gambit1990
05-12-2017, 11:31 AM

$pursDynasty
05-14-2017, 06:59 PM
I am getting in here to say if we can only keep 2 out of Dewayne, microwave and the juice, I am keeping the Juice and Dewayne. Patty fair thee well on your future endeavors. I can only keep one it's the Juice, but Patty is history.

$pursDynasty
05-21-2017, 09:27 PM
Just bumping this out of spite, because these playoffs have me in a pissy mood, the end of the start Patty talk is a rare bright spot. He was a good microwave for a minute but at best was a Barbosa but never a starter and even at his absolute best was never near prime Parker or prime Manu.

dabom
05-21-2017, 09:29 PM
Dude played lights out after porker getting injured and played good defense in the houston series.

Had the warriettes in a tight rope until Kawhi went down. Everyone is a pussy bitch made faggot.

TheGreatYacht
05-21-2017, 09:34 PM
Lmfao almost forgot about these shitty takes by the Start Pity Mills krew, gambit1990 dabom DAF86

Hoops Czar
05-21-2017, 09:44 PM
Que the Ron Paul it's happening gif

http://i1072.photobucket.com/albums/w374/murpjf88/naxx-its-not-happening_zpsiihrzsfo.gif (http://s1072.photobucket.com/user/murpjf88/media/naxx-its-not-happening_zpsiihrzsfo.gif.html)

DAF86
05-21-2017, 10:28 PM
Lmfao almost forgot about these shitty takes by the Start Pity Mills krew, gambit1990 dabom DAF86

What shitty takes? I have only commented on things that had already happened, tbh. Patty had a very good playoffs run. We all knew he wasn't going to be much of a factor against GS. Same as Parker, tbh.

TheGreatYacht
05-21-2017, 10:31 PM
What shitty takes? I have only commented on things that had already happened, tbh. Patty had a very good playoffs run. We all knew he wasn't going to be much of a factor against GS. Same as Parker, tbh.
Parker owned Golden State when he was at his best, and he was close to it in the playoffs. You've been rimming Pity Mills all season, don't move goalposts like your countryman always does. DPG was right, you were wrong. The "pressure" got to the microwave

spursistan
05-21-2017, 10:33 PM
OP getting murked in another thread, nothing to see..

DAF86
05-21-2017, 10:41 PM
Parker owned Golden State when he was at his best, and he was close to it in the playoffs. You've been rimming Pity Mills all season, don't move goalposts like your countryman always does. DPG was right, you were wrong. The "pressure" got to the microwave

Parker at his best never played this GS team, tbh. He isn't at his best anymore, so this whole premise is pointless.

Also, I don't know what you mean by rimming but I have stated all season long that Patty on the SL wouldn't make much sense (mainly becuase of the shittness that would be Parker on the second unit). What I said all season long, and this playoffs proved me right, is that the whole "Mills' shaky handles" shit was way overblwon. Folks like DPG21920 tried to milk that shit to disminish Patty but he proved that he can dribble the ball up and get the team to its sets just fine. The infamous "Patty would get pressured everytime GUARANTEED" proved to be one of the most retarded comments of the season, tbh.

TheGreatYacht
05-21-2017, 10:44 PM
If by getting the Spurs to their sets, you mean '4 down' every time. Then yes, Mills did a great job at that. Nice little game manager, but a starter he is not.

DAF86
05-21-2017, 10:46 PM
If by getting the Spurs to their sets, you mean '4 down' every time. Then yes, Mills did a great job at that. Nice little game manager, but a starter he is not.

It's not Patty's fault that Kawhi got injured and Pop tried to get LA his token touches, tbh.

DPG21920
05-21-2017, 11:17 PM
Parker at his best never played this GS team, tbh. He isn't at his best anymore, so this whole premise is pointless.

Also, I don't know what you mean by rimming but I have stated all season long that Patty on the SL wouldn't make much sense (mainly becuase of the shittness that would be Parker on the second unit). What I said all season long, and this playoffs proved me right, is that the whole "Mills' shaky handles" shit was way overblwon. Folks like DPG21920 tried to milk that shit to disminish Patty but he proved that he can dribble the ball up and get the team to its sets just fine. The infamous "Patty would get pressured everytime GUARANTEED" proved to be one of the most retarded comments of the season, tbh.

:lol What the hell? Mills has proved exactly what I've said. You want to cling to semantics and ignore the truth; Mills is not getting the team into sets fine at all.

DAF86
05-22-2017, 12:32 AM
:lol What the hell? Mills has proved exactly what I've said. You want to cling to semantics and ignore the truth; Mills is not getting the team into sets fine at all.

He's getting it to them just fine, Spurs not having arguably the second best player in the World is what hurting them, not Mills ball handdling abilities.

You "GUARANTEED" an on-ball pressure on Mills that has never happened on the playoffs, you should own up to it and move on, tbh.

SAGirl
05-22-2017, 12:47 AM
He's getting it to them just fine, Spurs not having arguably the second best player in the World is what hurting them, not Mills ball handdling abilities.

You "GUARANTEED" an on-ball pressure on Mills that has never happened on the playoffs, you should own up to it and move on, tbh.
Mills has beeen pretty awful as a shooter his thing... not even going to pretend he turns into someone he's not.

Hoops Czar
05-22-2017, 01:28 AM
Mills has beeen pretty awful as a shooter his thing... not even going to pretend he turns into someone he's not.
Please don't. We have enough pretenders in this forum already.

DPG21920
05-22-2017, 09:07 AM

GS has pressured the bull out of SA ball handlers with no TP.

LkrFan
05-22-2017, 09:55 AM
:rollin :lmao :rollin

Truth4sale$
05-22-2017, 10:33 AM
Patty is a starter with Kawhi, and a two guard that can attack the basket. The problem is starting Patty makes it easy to defend Lamarcus, without the playmaking of kawhi, there is little room for someone to create off the dribble. Defense can easly guard Patty for the shot, he is not an attacking point guard.That is what Parker brought to the starting lineup with kawhi, it's not the same with Jonathan Simmons and Patty Mils. Patty looked great playing alongside Ginobili, who is more of a playmaker/ rim attacker, while allowing Patty to play to his strengths of shooting.
PoP should start Djount Murray or even Ginobili with Bertans in the middle for shooting. Let kyle Anderson be the back point.

DaBears
05-22-2017, 10:40 AM
I have nothing negative to say about PM, he has been a standup player for the team since he's been here.. Done pretty well with everything that he has been asked to do... I hope we can keep him this offseason.

DAF86
05-22-2017, 01:10 PM

Patty was good in the series he neede to be good: Memphis and the Rockets. We all knew he wasn't going to be much of a factor against GS, much less after Kawhi went down. Everything that has happened after Leonard got hurt is highly irrelevant to me, tbh.

DAF86
05-22-2017, 01:12 PM
GS has pressured the bull out of SA ball handlers with no TP.

Why do you keep talking about San Antonio as a whole or bringing up Murray when the original discussion was always Mills individually. To me it seems like you are trying to pull some major goalpost moving son. :lol

SAGirl
05-22-2017, 01:15 PM
Patty was good in the series he neede to be good: Memphis and the Rockets. We all knew he wasn't going to be much of a factor against GS, much less after Kawhi went down. Everything that has happened after Leonard got hurt is highly irrelevant to me, tbh.
That's a defeatist attitude.
Everything is relevant. By the way he wasn't great in any of the prior series. He had a couple of games he was set up while playing off the ball by Tony and made shots. Very streaky and a defensive liability when playing as a SG which is his natural position.

DaBears
05-22-2017, 01:25 PM
Only thing I hate to see if when these guys go chase the money and then end up never being heard from again.. I.E. Gary Neal, Stephen Jackson, & the newest member Marco B - but going to the Kings will do that to anyone, I am guessing.

DaBears
05-22-2017, 01:30 PM
Only thing I hate to see if when these guys go chase the money and then end up never being heard from again.. I.E. Gary Neal, Stephen Jackson, & the newest member Marco B - but going to the Kings will do that to anyone, I am guessing.

How could we forget D Blair, he bounced for the cash and never heard of him again.

SAGirl
05-22-2017, 01:32 PM
Marco is still around. His career is neither over, nor did it start with the Spurs.

DAF86
05-22-2017, 01:37 PM
That's a defeatist attitude.
Everything is relevant. By the way he wasn't great in any of the prior series. He had a couple of games he was set up while playing off the ball by Tony and made shots. Very streaky and a defensive liability when playing as a SG which is his natural position.

Against Memphis he shot over 50% from 3's, against Houston he was one of the main respoinsibles for winning the series. I don't know what more do you want from a backup PG, tbh.

SAGirl
05-22-2017, 01:42 PM
Against Memphis he shot over 50% from 3's, against Houston he was one of the main respoinsibles for winning the series. I don't know what more do you want from a backup PG, tbh.
He's not really a PG. he's an undersized SG. I have issues with that and the fact he's a defensive liability whose value is tied to scoring he is prone to 2/10 shooting nights any given night. I am very underwhelmed and unimpressed with him. Maybe he makes some shots tonight tbh.

I would say Jsimms was a lot more significant in the Houston series than him. Tony was much better against Grizz. If he wants a big contract he needs to look elsewhere...

DMC
05-22-2017, 01:59 PM
Startty Mills

DAF86
05-22-2017, 02:05 PM
He's not really a PG. he's an undersized SG. I have issues with that and the fact he's a defensive liability whose value is tied to scoring he is prone to 2/10 shooting nights any given night. I am very underwhelmed and unimpressed with him. Maybe he makes some shots tonight tbh.

I would say Jsimms was a lot more significant in the Houston series than him. Tony was much better against Grizz. If he wants a big contract he needs to look elsewhere...

I agree that we shouldn't pay Patty in the offseason if some team offers crazy money. Mills is nothing more than a backup PG on a contender, but that doesn't take away from the fact that he stepped up on this playoffs when the team needed it most and that his ball handling struggles were highly overblown.

DaBears
05-22-2017, 02:15 PM
Marco is still around. His career is neither over, nor did it start with the Spurs.

but he made a impact on a team where as he hadn't before.... Then while I don't blame him for chasing the money he hasn't nearly had the impact he did on the SPURS. never said his career was over.

05-22-2017, 02:16 PM
Porker fluffers reaching as per par :lol

SAGirl
05-22-2017, 02:41 PM
but he made a impact on a team where as he hadn't before.... Then while I don't blame him for chasing the money he hasn't nearly had the impact he did on the SPURS. never said his career was over.
He left a lot of money to ring chase and also turn that into a bigger paycheck and that he did. Can't blame him for chasing the money, there are others like Cojo who were 11-12 th in the rotation but are playing up to 25 minutes in other playoff teams.
Baynes also got to have his payday etc.

Guys do need to get their payday... if it's not with the Spurs I am still happy for them. Can't ask young roleplayers to give up money IMO. After they show they are an NBA player they all need the next contract with any team. NBA careers if you aren't a special talent can be short anyways no matter where you play.

dabom
05-22-2017, 03:04 PM

dabom
11-17-2017, 10:47 PM

MVP righting that ship early on. Haters gonna hate. :lmao

99 Problems
11-17-2017, 10:49 PM
MVP. Lookout when Kawhi back riding sidecar to MVP

dabom
11-17-2017, 11:03 PM
MVP. Lookout when Kawhi back riding sidecar to MVP

Keep it up junior. You already at the top 10 percentile for intelligence with those takes.

TheDoctor
11-19-2017, 09:03 AM
MVP? You got that right. Most Valuable Plumper feels at home for Fatty after this Summer.

dabom
04-08-2018, 03:07 AM
OP with the goods. :lol

Made sense that the greatfaggot got pinked after his shitty takes. Only posted like 3 threads and got pinked so fast. :lol