PDA

View Full Version : We need Blake Griffin

SilverSpur
05-09-2017, 09:37 PM
I know a lot of you don't want him but, we need someone that can dunk on people and give us a intimidation factor. Gasol is soft and so is Aldridge with a bum knee.
I know he is injury pron but the Clippers run him down and Pop knows how to rest his players.
I would rather have him on the Spurs than have to face him on the Thunder or God forbid the Warriors.
:flag::lobt2:

spursparker9
05-09-2017, 09:49 PM
Would trade LMA for Blake

Chillen
06-24-2017, 07:59 AM
I was talking to a friend who knows basketball and he says the Spurs should be all in on signing Blake Griffin instead of CP3 and try and sign DRose to a cheap contract, resign Mills. i know he is injury prone but it had me thinking if Pop could make him a beast again.

jermaine
06-24-2017, 08:04 AM
I was talking to a friend who knows basketball and he says the Spurs should be all in on signing Blake Griffin instead of CP3 and try and sign DRose to a cheap contract, resign Mills.

Don't sound half bad tbh!

Mr. Body
06-24-2017, 08:05 AM
Short-armed motherfucker who can't stay healthy and whose declining productivity is dependent on playing next to Chris Paul? That guy?

Chillen
06-24-2017, 08:09 AM
Short-armed motherfucker who can't stay healthy and whose declining productivity is dependent on playing next to Chris Paul? That guy?

So you think Griffin will stink anywhere else? I don't know. I still think the Spurs should try and sign CP3 but I wouldn't mind this as plan B, Griffin, Rose, resign Mills.

SPURt
06-24-2017, 08:17 AM
Need is a little strong but definitely an LMA alternative

picnroll
06-24-2017, 08:17 AM
Definitely. We need an injury prone, past his prime player looking for a long term mega-contract who'll be in a wheel chair his last two years on it. Sign him up.

Mr. Body
06-24-2017, 08:20 AM
So you think Griffin will stink anywhere else? I don't know. I still think the Spurs should try and sign CP3 but I wouldn't mind this as plan B, Griffin, Rose, resign Mills.

Christ, that's a terrible plan B. Don't invest so much money in players guaranteed to be injured. And Griffin is on the downswing.

Spurtacular
06-24-2017, 12:40 PM
I think that Blake Griffin has issues at playoff time; but I do think he's the best option out there at the 4. I'll take a guy like that in his prime over a PG on the downhill. We'd still have a major issue at PG; but we simply can't depend on the gutless LMA.

Spurtacular
06-24-2017, 12:42 PM
Christ, that's a terrible plan B. Don't invest so much money in players guaranteed to be injured. And Griffin is on the downswing.

Dude is 28 yrs, 100 days and coming into his prime, dingleberry.

:lmao Today's ST poster.

Spurtacular
06-24-2017, 12:43 PM
PG will take care of itself if D Murray is the real deal. Parker will be coming off the bench when he comes back. You go for Blake if he's willing to sign.

AFBlue
06-24-2017, 12:46 PM
If you could guarantee he'll be healthy for a full season, I'd be all in on Blake

DAF86
06-24-2017, 12:52 PM
Do not want.

Spurtacular
06-24-2017, 12:56 PM
Blake is a good finisher at the rim, which is something we need. As long as he realizes Kawhi is the man, I'm fine with it.

therealtruth
06-24-2017, 12:56 PM
The same way Pop made LMA a beast? All moves should be geared towards beating the Warriors. That means athletic bigs that are long and can block shots and score in the post to control the tempo of the game.

palangi
06-24-2017, 01:16 PM
I'd rather go with KA and Bertans at PF

SpurPadre
06-24-2017, 01:25 PM
I don't trust his court vision with him being an albino, tbh.

look_at_g_shred
06-24-2017, 02:16 PM
Blake is a good finisher at the rim, which is something we need. As long as he realizes Kawhi is the man, I'm fine with it.

Mr. Body
06-24-2017, 02:32 PM
Dude is 28 yrs, 100 days and coming into his prime, dingleberry.

Yeah, every player gets better as they get older. Every. Player. That's why Greg Oren is still going strong.

Snaq O'Meal
06-24-2017, 05:06 PM
The same way Pop made LMA a beast? All moves should be geared towards beating the Warriors. That means athletic bigs that are long and can block shots and score in the post to control the tempo of the game.

One such big man was available, and he did okay against the Twinks:

http://youtu.be/uBusBSDqaqs

Loved the way he easily bumped off Donkey in the low post. And his passes that dissected the Twinks' defence on route to a victory.

But Poop may not be over himself to coach an aggressive big man like that.

TheDoctor
06-24-2017, 05:23 PM
I don't trust his court vision with him being an albino, tbh.
:lol

tholdren
06-24-2017, 05:25 PM
Yeah, every player gets better as they get older. Every. Player. That's why Greg Oren is still going strong.

Age has little to do with it. Its just sonething that is stated to recycle players or an excuse to not work out with intensity

james evans
06-24-2017, 09:02 PM
So we need a soft, flopping, injury prone pf that's known to get injured every season?

Spurtacular
06-24-2017, 10:53 PM

So, you're gonna name an absolute unknown to make a point about a prime all-star player?

Spurtacular
06-24-2017, 10:54 PM
So we need a soft, flopping, injury prone pf that's known to get injured every season?

Griffin > Aldridge

That's all you need to know.

TimDunkem
06-24-2017, 10:54 PM
Yeah. Griffin> Aldridge. Too bad he's injury prone.

sasaint
06-24-2017, 10:57 PM

Wasn't his problem with CP3 a personality conflict, not resentment at being a second banana?

Spurtacular
06-24-2017, 11:55 PM
Yeah. Griffin> Aldridge. Too bad he's injury prone.

You worried he's going to punch another wall?

Ice009
06-25-2017, 09:06 AM
One such big man was available, and he did okay against the Twinks:

http://youtu.be/uBusBSDqaqs

Loved the way he easily bumped off Donkey in the low post. And his passes that dissected the Twinks' defence on route to a victory.

But Poop may not be over himself to coach an aggressive big man like that.

I've said it so many times in the past few months. I wanted to try and trade LMA for DMC the past trade deadline. Demarcus dominates small ball teams. If he was on the team instead of Aldridge, I'm pretty sure he would have averaged around 30 ppg for the series after Kawhi went down. We may not have won still, but he would have put up big numbers IMO.

I'd actually rather try and trade for Demarcus or go for him next off-season. I was hoping that the Pelicans sucked to start the season and then put him on the block, but unfortunately I don't think the Spurs can wait that long with LMA wanting out right away. It would have been good to start the season wtih LMA and then try and trade him if another star on another team was either disgruntled or on the trade block.

mudyez
06-25-2017, 09:21 AM
I like the idea of having an offense build around Griffin and Lee's passing.

Chillen
06-28-2017, 01:58 PM
So Spurs missed out on CP3, got to try and sign Blake Griffin now.

SilverSpur
06-28-2017, 04:51 PM
Griffin will shine in a new environment , a championship environment and being that much closer to home can only help.
Playing in the shadow of the Lakers history,sharing a stadium and the limelight must be annoying. To go to a team that wins 60 games a season and a city that adores you will be eye opening for Griffin.
George Hill and Blake Griffin, make it happen Buford.

TimDunkem
06-28-2017, 04:53 PM
NO HILL, PLEASE.

Nathan89
06-28-2017, 04:55 PM
Trade a 1st round pick for Beverly and sign Blake. At that point I'd probably keep LMA unless he's still determined to leave. Do not overpay George Hill.

Bev
Green
Kawhi
Blake
LMA

SilverSpur
06-29-2017, 08:29 PM
Can LMA play at a high level again with us, if we can't trade him. We have him on contract for one more year because his final year is a player option which I believe he will decline and move on. So wouldn't he try to improve his value by playing strong next year.