PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Podcast: Brian Windhorst brings up idea of Lowry to Spurs

Mr.Bottomtooth
05-10-2017, 01:09 PM
http://www.espn.com/espnradio/play?id=19345387

Wasn't reporting any news, but he brought up the idea of Lowry going to the Spurs since he emphasized that a ring is his top priority. He said it was a long shot and probably something the Spurs aren't going to consider, but thought it made sense considering Parker's injury. If Tony doesn't want to come back or can't come back because of the quad, the Spurs can stretch him, open up around $10 million in cap room, then hope Gasol opts out or they can dump him to a team with a ton of space e.g. Philly. That opens up room for someone like Lowry if he's willing to take less than the max or George Hill.

FkLA
05-10-2017, 01:12 PM
Now this is a guy I wouldn't break the bank for. His numbers always take a huge dip in the postseason. He'd basically be the PG version of LMA. Give me CP3 instead, tbh.

Chinook
05-10-2017, 01:13 PM
Lowry only makes sense if he's appreciably cheaper than Paul/a max deal. For the Spurs, it's not about dollars. They just can't afford to cut other guys just to fix PG. At least not more than Parker and Pau.

rastaspur
05-10-2017, 01:17 PM
No thanks

ElNono
05-10-2017, 01:26 PM
weird, must have been a break from giving Lebron blowjobs...

Chinook
05-10-2017, 01:30 PM

James was tired of settling.

Leetonidas
05-10-2017, 01:34 PM
No thanks. Routinely looks like the best PG in the East during the RS and always gets hurt and plays like an average PG in the playoffs. For the money he's gonna command might as well swing for CP3

cd021
05-10-2017, 01:39 PM
Heard he was looking hard at Philly, then again they could have two top 5 picks and almost certainly take a PG instead of paying for one in FA

spurraider21
05-10-2017, 01:46 PM
his offensive skill-set is ideal for what we want... but he's going to be extremely expensive and on the wrong side of 30.

and for those reasons, i'm out

pat beverley would be great, too, but he's under contract for another 2 years

Robz4000
05-10-2017, 01:49 PM
If he comes at a discount I'd take him since his skill set compliments Kawhi/Danny well, but if he wants max money he should go to Dallas/Purgatory.

gambit1990
05-10-2017, 01:57 PM
i'll pass. would rather sign and start shaun livingston. would cost less.

gambit1990
05-10-2017, 02:01 PM
livingston/green/kawhi?

https://media.giphy.com/media/uDwKGxTFrADvO/giphy.gif

SAGirl
05-10-2017, 02:28 PM
I think for Pop, George Hill would make more sense if they were priced similarly...

Amuseddaysleeper
05-10-2017, 02:35 PM
Take it from someone living in Toronto who has seen a ton of Lowry games over the years...stay away from this guy. He is incredibly selfish in crunch time and like Harden always looks to get a foul/make contact instead of trying to score the basket. He's extremely inconsistent and always chokes in the playoffs. He has the lowest playoff FG% in NBA history. He's also on the wrong side of 30 and often butts heads with a lot of his coaches.

NASpurs
05-10-2017, 02:36 PM
Players on the wrong side of 30, coming from having injuries all season long, being the top PG candidates... great...

ducks
05-10-2017, 02:40 PM
i'll pass. would rather sign and start shaun livingston. would cost less.

murray cost less then Livingston also

ducks
05-10-2017, 02:41 PM
Take it from someone living in Toronto who has seen a ton of Lowry games over the years...stay away from this guy. He is incredibly selfish in crunch time and like Harden always looks to get a foul/make contact instead of trying to score the basket. He's extremely inconsistent and always chokes in the playoffs. He has the lowest playoff FG% in NBA history. He's also on the wrong side of 30 and often butts heads with a lot of his coaches. but could he be the third option instead of the number two
spurs are more talented then raptors
cavs are more talented then raptors also and why they lose to them

spurraider21
05-10-2017, 02:43 PM
livingston isn't starting caliber and will be 32 by the start of the season. plus he can't shoot, which is something we need out of a PG that will play alongside kawhi

darren collison would be a better option than livingston if you want to go the bargain route

100%duncan
05-10-2017, 02:48 PM
Nice LMA and Lowry on one teamm fucking kill me

UZER
05-10-2017, 02:49 PM
Another Aldridge....I'll pass.

coachmac87
Lowry only makes sense if he's appreciably cheaper than Paul/a max deal. For the Spurs, it's not about dollars. They just can't afford to cut other guys just to fix PG. At least not more than Parker and Pau.

This...

gambit1990
livingston is 6'7, can handle the ball, can pass better than anyone on the team other than manu.

TheGreatYacht
05-10-2017, 02:54 PM
Shaun Livingston.... LMFAOOOO

RD2191
05-10-2017, 02:59 PM
TBH what choice do the Spurs have? They absolutely have to upgrade at the PG position.

Amuseddaysleeper
05-10-2017, 03:03 PM
but could he be the third option instead of the number two
spurs are more talented then raptors
cavs are more talented then raptors also and why they lose to them

Nope, he's very selfish and he'd honestly be as frustrating as LMA. He is capable to be great, but he's a bit egotistical as well

DAF86
05-10-2017, 03:11 PM
Would trade LA for him without thinking it twice, tbh.

MaNu4Tres
05-10-2017, 03:30 PM
Hell no to Lowry.

Hopefully Patty takes a hometown discount. If he doesn't and goes elsewhere, there's cheaper/decent options that can bridge the gap until Tony returns. I expect Tony to come back mid-season next year and then do a 1 yr deal before he retires.

I hope PHX is still interested in LA. He needs to go this summer.

DAF86
05-10-2017, 03:40 PM
Hell no to Lowry.

Hopefully Patty takes a hometown discount. If he doesn't and goes elsewhere, there's cheaper/decent options that can bridge the gap until Tony returns. I expect Tony to come back mid-season next year and then do a 1 yr deal before he retires.

I hope PHX is still interested in LA. He needs to go this summer.

And why would we want to get someone to bridge the gap untill Tony returns? I love what Tony did on these playoffs, but he can no longer be the starting PG of this team if we really want to contend. We need to add a PG that can become a consistent 2nd option. I agree that Lowry isn't ideal, but if we can get him by just moving LA I would definitely do it, same with CP3. If not, see if second tier PGs can be had, see if the Suns are interested on an Aldridge for Bledsoe or Brandon Knight swap.

TheDoctor
05-10-2017, 03:57 PM
I do prefer Ish Smith to Lowry at this point if he demands Max/Near Max money tbh.

spurraider21
05-10-2017, 03:58 PM
livingston is 6'7, can handle the ball, can pass better than anyone on the team other than manu.
wants to start mills... but thinks point guards should be tall, good defenders, and good passers

MaNu4Tres
05-10-2017, 04:04 PM
And why would we want to get someone to bridge the gap untill Tony returns? I love what Tony did on these playoffs, but he can no longer be the starting PG of this team if we really want to contend. We need to add a PG that can become a consistent 2nd option. I agree that Lowry isn't ideal, but if we can get him by just moving LA I would definitely do it, same with CP3. If not, see if second tier PGs can be had, see if the Suns are interested on an Aldridge for Bledsoe or Brandon Knight swap.

I wouldn't pay Lowry close to the max for the next 4 years. Hell no to that. I think that's a very inefficient way of utilizing cap space. There's no quick fix, so stop thinking overpaying a fat PG who has maybe 1 or 2 good years left is the answer. It's not. With or without Lowry, Spurs will be 2nd-4th seed in the West.

If Patty doesn't take a hometown discount, he's gone.

If he's gone, I find a cheaper option like Mack or Collison for a 1+1 deal to help Murray til Parker comes back. By the time Parker comes back, Murray will likely be ready for a bigger role on the team and be the starter by AS break. Parker may be a shell of himself and if he is, the Spurs will have many resources to use to get a PG in the summer of 2018 -- that is if Murray isn't the guy. But I have a feeling that won't be the case -- I think Murray is the guy.

Also, I would much rather move LA to get a role player, space and a pick than move him to sign Lowry -- who has problems keeping his weight down, and who's best days are behind him.

Joseph Kony
05-10-2017, 04:13 PM
i'll pass. would rather sign and start shaun livingston. would cost less.what an incredibly retarded idea. Livingston?? :lmao it's not 2006 dude

gambit1990
05-10-2017, 04:26 PM
what an incredibly retarded idea. Livingston?? :lmao it's not 2006 dude
he's only 31. you acting like he can't play :lol

TheGreatYacht
05-10-2017, 04:29 PM
wants to start mills... but thinks point guards should be tall, good defenders, and good passers
:lmao worst part is Livingston's peak APG is 5, which he did twice....

DAF86
05-10-2017, 04:32 PM

Sorry bro, but Livingston isn't the answer. If we are gonna play a long PG that can't shoot I would rather roll with Murray, tbh.

gambit1990
05-10-2017, 04:36 PM
Sorry bro, but Livingston isn't the answer. If we are gonna play a long PG that can't shoot I would rather roll with Murray, tbh.
it's funny, getting heat from other posters... even though i brought up his name as a cheaper alternative to lowry :lol

spurraider21
05-10-2017, 04:37 PM
yep. livingston is redundant with what we are planning on murray becoming. if patty is leaving we need to replace him with somebody that can at least shoot. that's why the spurs have been trying to bring forbes along, but he doesn't look promising thus far

DAF86
05-10-2017, 04:45 PM
I wouldn't pay Lowry close to the max for the next 4 years. Hell no to that. I think that's a very inefficient way of utilizing cap space. There's no quick fix, so stop thinking overpaying a fat PG who has maybe 1 or 2 good years left is the answer. It's not. With or without Lowry, Spurs will be 2nd-4th seed in the West.

If Patty doesn't take a hometown discount, he's gone.

If he's gone, I find a cheaper option like Mack or Collison for a 1+1 deal to help Murray til Parker comes back. By the time Parker comes back, Murray will likely be ready for a bigger role on the team and be the starter by AS break. Parker may be a shell of himself and if he is, the Spurs will have many resources to use to get a PG in the summer of 2018 -- that is if Murray isn't the guy. But I have a feeling that won't be the case -- I think Murray is the guy.

Also, I would much rather move LA to get a role player, space and a pick than move him to sign Lowry -- who has problems keeping his weight down, and who's best days are behind him.

I'm down with going all in with Murray, but it has to be ALL-IN, make him the starter and give him plays right away to see what he's made of, ala Parker.

If he pans out, then we know we don't need to go for a PG in 2018.

I would like the same thing with Bertans.

My ideal starting line-up for next year would be Murray, Green, Kawhi, Bertans, Dedmon. But I don't know if all of those three guys (Murray, Bertans and Dedmon) would be able to be as good as I think they could be.

Joseph Kony
05-10-2017, 04:48 PM
he's only 31. you acting like he can't play :lolage has nothing to do with it, it has everything to do that Livingston is not a starting caliber player and you want him to be our starting PG next season :lmao he's only relevant now because he backs up Steph Curry. he isn't even good, just an effect of playing for one of the GOAT teams.

Joseph Kony
05-10-2017, 04:49 PM
it's funny, getting heat from other posters... even though i brought up his name as a cheaper alternative to lowry :lolno shit dude, this is akin to someone last summer saying "well, Durant is gonna be too expensive, I think we could go with Gerald Green as a cheap alternative" :lmao

gambit1990
05-10-2017, 04:55 PM
"livingston can't start" same thing you faggots said about patty :lmao

Joseph Kony
05-10-2017, 04:59 PM
get off his balls dude :lmao for one i never said that so you're making some faggish generalization, and secondly Patty >>>>>> Livingston so your shitty point is moot anyway

Joseph Kony
05-10-2017, 05:01 PM
:lol thinking a 17 mpg 31 year old backup PG who averages 5.8/1.2 is starting material

gambit1990
05-10-2017, 05:04 PM
i'm all for developing murray. if patty leaves (won't imo)... the spurs are limited financially. they can't just scoop up cp3.

if patty left, livingston could start until murray was ready to.

people on here should try thinking things through instead of overreacting.

ViceCity86
05-10-2017, 05:25 PM
Oh god no... Hell no!

ElNono
05-10-2017, 05:31 PM
:lol thinking a 17 mpg 31 year old backup PG who averages 5.8/1.2 is starting material

Wait until he drops 12 points against us next season, followed by ":cry who didn't want this guy? :cry" :lol

TheGreatYacht
05-10-2017, 05:40 PM
Wait until he drops 12 points against us next season, followed by ":cry who didn't want this guy? :cry" :lol
:lol

This guy's infatuation with scrubs lmfao, I'm starting to think Kiwistorm never left. They just throw shit at a wall to see what sticks, the ones that don't will be cleaned up and forgotten, the one that does..... :lol BUMP

tholdren
05-10-2017, 06:08 PM
Heard he was looking hard at Philly, then again they could have two top 5 picks and almost certainly take a PG instead of paying for one in FA

lottery rings are his priority

spurtech09
05-10-2017, 07:32 PM
Now this is a guy I wouldn't break the bank for. His numbers always take a huge dip in the postseason. He'd basically be the PG version of LMA. Give me CP3 instead, tbh.Plus he is injury prone......I would like George Hill back with the Spurs though.......

spurtech09
05-10-2017, 07:39 PM
I think for Pop, George Hill would make more sense if they were priced similarly...George Hill and KL on the same team?

OrEmuN
05-10-2017, 08:06 PM
If he takes mid level exception & play backup to Murray, why not?

Pauleta14
05-10-2017, 08:07 PM
Hell no

Trueblood
05-10-2017, 08:16 PM
I definitely wouldn't give him the max but if he takes a discount it wouldn't be bad.

This guy thinks it's a great idea and wants the Spurs to empty the cupboard to make it happen:

https://hoopshabit.com/2017/05/09/kyle-lowry-free-agency-target-san-antonio-spurs/

coachmac87
05-10-2017, 08:19 PM
I'm down with going all in with Murray, but it has to be ALL-IN, make him the starter and give him plays right away to see what he's made of, ala Parker.

My ideal starting line-up for next year would be Murray, Green, Kawhi, Bertans, Dedmon. But I don't know if all of those three guys (Murray, Bertans and Dedmon) would be able to be as good as I think they could be.

Great way to start rebuilding process :lmao

That SL is terrible tbh and I'm not trying to be mean...

DMC
05-10-2017, 08:21 PM
No to Lowry. I'd take CoJo over him just because CoJo has heart.

DMC
05-10-2017, 08:22 PM
George Hill and KL on the same team?

Imagine we get George Hill and Paul George, and Kawhi Leonard. Bird would shoot himself in the head. Plus we'd have finally gotten Paul George back where he belongs.

coachmac87
05-10-2017, 08:26 PM
And to all the people that want Murray to start next year I think that is a bit much..I'm game for Murray being in rotation next year and needs more minutes but it's a tough task and tbh not even wise to expect a third string PG to be a starter on a championship contender..

But if y'all wanna rebuild that's a different story...

cjw
05-10-2017, 08:31 PM

Not to mention it weakens the Warriors (though they probably can't afford to keep him unless he takes huge discount)

A few years removed at this point but was the only useful player on that Nets team a few years ago. Hard to know how much his defense is amplified by being around a good defensive group / offense is hit because he's a low tier option on that team.

CGD
05-10-2017, 09:08 PM
Dude is 31, will possibly have a max salary starting at 35M with annual raises. Can you imagine paying him 38M when he's 35??? Gross!

spurraider21
05-10-2017, 09:22 PM
:lol

This guy's infatuation with scrubs lmfao, I'm starting to think Kiwistorm never left. They just throw shit at a wall to see what sticks, the ones that don't will be cleaned up and forgotten, the one that does..... :lol BUMP:lmao thats the "david lee is a good defender" guy :lmao

tbdog
05-10-2017, 09:23 PM
I would look to trade with Celtics to inquire Smart or Rozier

-21-
05-11-2017, 12:03 AM
I do prefer Ish Smith to Lowry at this point if he demands Max/Near Max money tbh.

I would look to trade with Celtics to inquire Smart or Rozier

I agree with these cheaper alternatives. I'd also take a look at Holiday and Teague. CP3 would be nice, though I'm not 100% on giving a max contract to an aging superstar.

DAF86
05-11-2017, 12:34 AM
Great way to start rebuilding process :lmao

That SL is terrible tbh and I'm not trying to be mean...

It might be now, but I'm pretty high on all those three players. If they can develop into the players I think they can be, that lineup has all the tools to be a killer one in todays NBA.

-Explosive scoring PG that also has size for his postion - it's what everyone hopes Murray to become
-Stretch 4 with size and anthleticism - Bertans if he fits in (this is the guy I'm most sure about because I've seen him do it in Europe)
-And a defensive monster big, who doesn't demand the ball and has great size, mobility and athleticism. (Dedmon has already proved he can be a reliable starter this season).

And we already know what we have in Kawhi and Green.

If all those things pan out (definitely not a given but not so out of possibility, tbh) we are taliking about a SL that has everything: Size, speed, youth, defense, offense, you name it.

I already know that as currently constructed we're never going to win a championship, I would rather roll with the youth movement.

coachmac87
05-11-2017, 12:53 AM
It might be now, but I'm pretty high on all those three players. If they can develop into the players I think they can be, that lineup has all the tools to be a killer one in todays NBA.

-Explosive scoring PG that also has size for his postion - it's what everyone hopes Murray to become
-Stretch 4 with size and anthleticism - Bertans if he fits in (this is the guy I'm most sure about because I've seen him do it in Europe)
-And a defensive monster big, who doesn't demand the ball and has great size, mobility and athleticism. (Dedmon has already proved he can be a reliable starter this season).

And we already know what we have in Kawhi and Green.

If all those things pan out (definitely not a given but not so out of possibility, tbh) we are taliking about a SL that has everything: Size, speed, youth, defense, offense, you name it.

I already know that as currently constructed we're never going to win a championship, I would rather roll with the youth movement.

I like all the players you listed..just not as the starting line up. 3 of the players you listed had probably a combined 50 DNPs and two are rookies..I just don't think you can contend with that..they are all good role players/prospects though especially Murray and Bertans.

Getting young is always a good thing but...you can't "rebuild" with a top 5 player in the league..you have to do whatever it takes to contend in Kawhi prime who only has 2 years on contract

DAF86
05-11-2017, 01:05 AM
I like all the players you listed..just not as the starting line up. 3 of the players you listed had probably a combined 50 DNPs and two are rookies..I just don't think you can contend with that..they are all good role players/prospects though especially Murray and Bertans.

Getting young is always a good thing but...you can't "rebuild" with a top 5 player in the league..you have to do whatever it takes to contend in Kawhi prime who only has 2 years on contract

Do you seriously think that lineup would get less than 50 wins? You can still have guys like Tony, Pau, maybe even Manu come off the bench when needed. Spurs need to get younger, and change their style, in a hurry. Tony as the starting PG doesn't fly anymore, having Aldridge as your best paid player doesn't either, two traditional bigs lineups doesn't work anymore.

I'm pretty sure Kawhi would rather see the development processes of Murray and Bertans speed up than roll another season as currently constructed. It's just too obvious that this team has reached it's celing, what's the point of starting another season with a team that you know will never win a championship as they are built right now?

coachmac87
05-11-2017, 01:34 AM
Do you seriously think that lineup would get less than 50 wins? You can still have guys like Tony, Pau, maybe even Manu come off the bench when needed. Spurs need to get younger, and change their style, in a hurry. Tony as the starting PG doesn't fly anymore, having Aldridge as your best paid player doesn't either, two traditional bigs lineups doesn't work anymore.

I'm pretty sure Kawhi would rather see the development processes of Murray and Bertans speed up than roll another season as currently constructed. It's just too obvious that this team has reached it's celing, what's the point of starting another season with a team that you know will never win a championship as they are built right now?

It'd be interesting to see if they could...but 50 games? Doubt it.. And You see you've already lowered the expectations..Spurs have won 50 games for 18 straight years..Kawhi wants to play for CHAMPIONSHIPS...San Antonio won't be appealing if they can't compete. Kawhi needs another star or side kick...not 3 players in the starting line up who barely played the year before..that won't compete against LeBron or GSW..And like I said Kawhi has 2 years left on his deal and if the Spurs regress he'll go somewhere he can win rings..

The time is NOW for the Spurs..keep Kawhi happy and take advantage of his prime

Down Under
05-11-2017, 01:39 AM
The only star PG I would consider this offseason would be Paul and it could only be a 2 or 3 year deal, not the max 4 he's entitled to if he leaves. Paying someone close to $40million beyond age 35 would be insane. As much as he'd hate being called a playoff choker, leaving $10s of millions on the table would be ridiculous from his perspective.

illusioNtEk
05-11-2017, 01:43 AM
George Hill plz

timtonymanu
05-11-2017, 01:47 AM
Roll with Murray, tbh. The Spurs will have a young player on a cheap contract to develop vs signing injury prone PGs that will eat up our team's cap space.

NASpurs
05-11-2017, 02:05 AM
The bench next year is going to be complete shit. Go with Murray as starting PG and see if you can get Tyreke Evans for the bench.

DPG21920
05-11-2017, 03:12 AM

Why do you think this team can't contend with TP? Even with an AWFUL TP the Spurs got the 2nd best record in the league and then we clearly saw that in the playoffs TP was different. I mean, I probably agree overall especially because the injury may very well be something that hampers him further, but even with a bad TP this team was still a contender.

Were they favorites over GS? No, but other than that, you can argue SA is the 2nd or 3rd best team. That is a contender by definition.

tbdog
05-11-2017, 03:14 AM
The bench next year is going to be complete shit. Go with Murray as starting PG and see if you can get Tyreke Evans for the bench.

Evans could get a Lee like deal for cheap for a contending team that is willing to let him play. If Manu retires, and I think that is likely, there is a gap there for him to play. The way Simmons is playing, I would bring him back as well. I would prefer a cheap PG like Smart that can play the 2. Because I am unsure Mills can be kept or is worth to play starting money where I don’t think he could run a team over a regular season. But then again, we desperately need shooting.

The reason why I would like Smart is because of his defense and size, and he can play with Parker once and if he returns back from injury.

DPG21920
05-11-2017, 03:15 AM
:lol. I don't get some posters. Saying things like "roll with the youth movement" or "not a contender" when this exact/current roster HAD THE 2ND BEST RECORD IN THE NBA & is on the brink of a possible Western Conference Finals. You don't just blow that sh*t up and start over.

What is wrong with some of you? You know that with a team like Curry/KD/Draymond/Klay you aren't probably going to be a favorite clear cut right? That does not mean you pack it in. Injuries happen (like KD this year, Curry before, etc..) and SA is really damn close.

Same thing with the LMA HAS to be traded crew. He does not have to be anything. Spurs are damn good WITH him. If they can improve the team by trading him, by all means, please do. But there is nothing this team has to do other than tweak things and maximize their future as best as possible WHILE contending now like they have been.

WTF people.

DPG21920
05-11-2017, 03:16 AM
"livingston can't start" same thing you faggots said about patty :lmao

Mills has pretty much proven that he can't start (at least if you want to run an offense or be a playoff team). He had one good shooting game as a starter which is awesome that he stepped up. But it does not erase everything else we have seen.

DPG21920
05-11-2017, 03:20 AM
"Have Tony as your starting PG doesn't fly anymore"

Team has 2nd best record in the NBA & TP looks great vs MEM & HOU in the playoffs.

"Having Aldridge as your best paid player"

Money doesn't matter on the court. Having LMA as the best paid player has SA on the brink of a WCF even with a terrible injury to TP 2 games into the Semi-Final.

Again, just think. Take your emotions out of it and look big picture and beyond your hate (which is impossible for 99% of ST).

If SA can just get some slight improvement over TP and another competent 2-way wing, this team with everyone else is still in really good shape.

rasuo214
05-11-2017, 03:39 AM
Hill or CP3 if they want to go the big name FA route. Lowry only if he wants to sign a deeply discounted deal otherwise let him sign with Philly. I'm not sure signing a big name guy is the way to go though, I'd prefer to bolster the depth if possible. Depending on the rest of the playoff run look into a LMA deal if there's any interest.

As for starting Murray, Bertans and Dedman (if he's even around), that's a bit extreme. Maybe as a bench core but even then you'd need a bit of experience and at least another shooter/ball handler to help that unit.

BillMc
05-11-2017, 03:49 AM
:lol. I don't get some posters. Saying things like "roll with the youth movement" or "not a contender" when this exact/current roster HAD THE 2ND BEST RECORD IN THE NBA & is on the brink of a possible Western Conference Finals. You don't just blow that sh*t up and start over.

What is wrong with some of you? You know that with a team like Curry/KD/Draymond/Klay you aren't probably going to be a favorite clear cut right? That does not mean you pack it in. Injuries happen (like KD this year, Curry before, etc..) and SA is really damn close.

Same thing with the LMA HAS to be traded crew. He does not have to be anything. Spurs are damn good WITH him. If they can improve the team by trading him, by all means, please do. But there is nothing this team has to do other than tweak things and maximize their future as best as possible WHILE contending now like they have been.

WTF people.

This is the post of the year. Agree completely

TrainOfThought5
05-11-2017, 08:39 AM
No to Lowry. I'd take CoJo over him just because CoJo has heart.

When is Cojos deal up? Is he a free agent soon?

TheGreatYacht
05-11-2017, 08:59 AM
Cory Joseph? :lol that guy is a negative defensively now and his offense hasn't expanded.

Gross tbh

DMC
05-11-2017, 09:05 AM
When is Cojos deal up? Is he a free agent soon?

I don't know. He did ok when he started in place of Lowry.

CoJo isn't the answer, but neither is Lowry. CoJo would be much cheaper than Lowry and both would mean about what we have now, 2nd round.

We will need a stud at PG to get to the Finals. Even then if KD sticks around in Oakland, it's all moot. I don't see how Oakland can afford to pay that many stars. Something has to give. Klay seems the odd man out now. I wonder if they are considering trading him.

RD2191
05-11-2017, 09:15 AM
DPG, shut the fuck up midget.

Big Empty
05-11-2017, 09:41 AM
Re-sign patty. He can shoot and knows the system, not to mention he is 4 years younger than CP3. We do need a new guard though that can create and get to the rim. That is what the Spurs are lacking. If Simmons could develop his shooting he would be great to re-sign also at 29 years old. But Im not going to count on that he is almost 30. We need a guard that can penetrate and can shoot a good %.

purist
05-11-2017, 11:17 AM
George hill, and if patty mills leaves, then also jj reddick

Keepin' it real
05-11-2017, 11:31 AM

It was Cowherd's turn ...

rastaspur
05-11-2017, 11:36 AM
Im bringing up the idea that windhorst get his stomach stappled. If not, his career might end before lebron' s due to a heart attack

Keepin' it real
05-11-2017, 11:37 AM
Hello, the Spurs have a PG. / thread

http://ww3.hdnux.com/photos/56/53/61/12237922/13/1024x1024.jpg

UZER
05-11-2017, 12:02 PM
Re-sign patty. He can shoot and knows the system, not to mention he is 4 years younger than CP3. We do need a new guard though that can create and get to the rim. That is what the Spurs are lacking. If Simmons could develop his shooting he would be great to re-sign also at 29 years old. But Im not going to count on that he is almost 30. We need a guard that can penetrate and can shoot a good %.

Simmons needs to work with whoever worked on helping Kawhi with his handles. As good as he is at penetrating right now, he'd be that much better with better handles.

DAF86
05-11-2017, 01:18 PM
It'd be interesting to see if they could...but 50 games? Doubt it.. And You see you've already lowered the expectations..Spurs have won 50 games for 18 straight years..Kawhi wants to play for CHAMPIONSHIPS...San Antonio won't be appealing if they can't compete. Kawhi needs another star or side kick...not 3 players in the starting line up who barely played the year before..that won't compete against LeBron or GSW..And like I said Kawhi has 2 years left on his deal and if the Spurs regress he'll go somewhere he can win rings..

The time is NOW for the Spurs..keep Kawhi happy and take advantage of his prime

With that lineup Spurs probably end up around top 4, top2, like they have been doing for 20 years. I'm lowering anything, tbh. I'm just officially finishing a period that is clearly finished.

DAF86
05-11-2017, 01:20 PM
Why do you think this team can't contend with TP? Even with an AWFUL TP the Spurs got the 2nd best record in the league and then we clearly saw that in the playoffs TP was different. I mean, I probably agree overall especially because the injury may very well be something that hampers him further, but even with a bad TP this team was still a contender.

Were they favorites over GS? No, but other than that, you can argue SA is the 2nd or 3rd best team. That is a contender by definition.

They are a regular team fools god, they are not true contenders, as proven by the 3 straight subpar playoffs perfomances of the last three years.

BG_Spurs_Fan
05-11-2017, 01:35 PM
George hill, and if patty mills leaves, then also jj reddick

They're unlikely to have the money for either one, let alone both.

Seventyniner
05-11-2017, 01:41 PM
They are a regular team fools god, they are not true contenders, as proven by the 3 straight subpar playoffs perfomances of the last three years.

You have some damn high standards if 2014 was subpar to you.

DAF86
05-11-2017, 01:45 PM
You have some damn high standards if 2014 was subpar to you.

'15, '16 and this year (even if we get past the Rockets), tbh.

Seventyniner
05-11-2017, 01:52 PM
'15, '16 and this year (even if we get past the Rockets), tbh.

So you're disappointed in what has happened so far? I guess the Spurs could already be in the WCF at this point...

DAF86
05-11-2017, 01:54 PM
So you're disappointed in what has happened so far? I guess the Spurs could already be in the WCF at this point...

Yeah, a trully good team would have taken the Rockets in 5 games or 6 relatively comfortable games. They wouldn't have needed some abortion of nature just to avoid falling 2-3 on the series and face elimination on the road.

SAGirl
05-11-2017, 02:05 PM
Murray, Bertans and Dedmon are not starting material right now.
They are not even proven bench material...
so yes, I get we like them and two of them have a lot of potential but they aren't ready and will look out of their depth often. Dedmon started and he wasn't very good at it, he kept getting minutes cut until he's now out of the rotation.
Murray and Bertans haven't gotten real chances and I want to see them be efficient and effective bench players b4 I could say let's start them. I know they each had a few good games they started in the RS, but so did Cojo back in the day and so did Anderson... so no that is not definitive for me.

I want to see them have a good season with regular minutes and the occasional start when someone is hurt than just throw them in the fire. Ppl do overrate them at this stage. What we think someone can be often clouds what they are right now. OTOH guys that the team currently has are very underrated.

Murray Bertans weren't winning games in the dleague ok? the dleague... so no I don't think they are ready. They need more seasoning, experience, improvement (body/muscle mass, etc, shooting for Murray, awareness on defense and board for Bertans etc)...

DAF86
05-11-2017, 02:16 PM
Dedmon was actually pretty decent at starting, that's why he kept starting, tbh.

SAGirl
05-11-2017, 03:21 PM
His minutes kept going down though and he's now out of the rotation. I think maybe if he hadn't been starting prematurely maybe he would be better than just all of a sudden starting, not cutting it and going back to the end of the bench getting DNP.

jermaine
05-11-2017, 03:30 PM
His minutes kept going down though and he's now out of the rotation. I think maybe if he hadn't been starting prematurely maybe he would be better than just all of a sudden starting, not cutting it and going back to the end of the bench getting DNP.

He s not getting lobs anymore. He still does the shut that had him starting... they just don't throw the lob!!!

HarlemHeat37
05-11-2017, 03:41 PM
Lowry would be a terrible signing, tbh..he'll be in his 30s, he has struggled with weight problems throughout his career(the history of PGs with weight issues doesn't bode well for him), he has a terrible attitude when things aren't going his way, and he's one of the worst playoff performers of this generation..

None of the FAs at PG or SG are interesting as starters, tbh..just hope Mills takes a discount and throw Murray into the fire..

DMC
05-11-2017, 03:48 PM
Lowry is one of those "better than my stats and history reflect, not getting my due" guys. He's a low 2nd tier player, thrust into a 1st tier role.

hater
05-11-2017, 03:52 PM
:lmao Swine Lowry and Lamarsha :lol

Two of the worst playoff performers in modern nba history

DPG21920
05-11-2017, 03:55 PM

Why are you talking about last year? This year's team with Pau added is on the brink of a WCF and had the 2nd best record in the NBA. How is a team fools gold when they are possibly going to a WCF (1 win away) :lol ?

DPG21920
05-11-2017, 04:19 PM
DPG, shut the fuck up midget.

:cry I hope Kawhi leaves.

:cry My possible WCF team isn't a contender.

RD2191
05-11-2017, 04:45 PM
:cry I hope Kawhi leaves.

:cry My possible WCF team isn't a contender.

They really aren't. We're just playing another choking team.

r0drig0lac
05-11-2017, 05:10 PM
lowry? livingston? no way

Keepin' it real
05-11-2017, 09:07 PM
Hello, the Spurs have a PG. / thread

http://ww3.hdnux.com/photos/56/53/61/12237922/13/1024x1024.jpg

How do you do???

NASpurs
05-11-2017, 09:11 PM
Give the guy the keys to the car and get the fuck out of the way. Work with him during the summer on that jumpshot and go through plays with him, teach him how to run an offense.

SAGirl
05-11-2017, 10:38 PM
Give the guy the keys to the car and get the fuck out of the way. Work with him during the summer on that jumpshot and go through plays with him, teach him how to run an offense.
This :tu