PDA

View Full Version : According to Spurs.com Kawhi is listed as questionable for tomorrow...

Amuseddaysleeper
05-10-2017, 05:02 PM
http://www.nba.com/spurs/spurs-injury-report-5/10/17

apalisoc_9
05-10-2017, 05:10 PM
50/50

spursistan
05-10-2017, 05:12 PM
Eh..Sounds like he will miss the game or probably get yanked after few minutes if he looks even slightly gimpy...

polandprzem
05-10-2017, 05:14 PM
if it was probable we would be almost sure he will play a playoff game. Now we just can question if he will actually do it

MultiTroll
05-10-2017, 05:19 PM
Rest him for 7.

Houston already with home court and the coaching advantage.

coachmac87
05-10-2017, 05:23 PM
I hate saying this but I'm leaning towards resting him...almost 5 days of treatment for the knee/ankle is huge...

This isn't just about winning game 6. It's gotta be about possibly Game 7 and starting the WCF on Tuesday..

I'd rather have Kawhi at 80% in Game 7 and going forward instead of 50-60%

bic50
05-10-2017, 05:29 PM
I have a sick feeling if Spurs lose game 6 they will lose game 7 also. Even with Kawhi at 80% he still has to show up big.

SAGirl
05-10-2017, 05:33 PM
If it was more likely than not, it would say "probable"... questionable is very uncertain... It might even be at his request that it's questionable.
I bet the team is strategizing how to play without him just in case, you have to.

coachmac87
05-10-2017, 05:35 PM
I have a sick feeling if Spurs lose game 6 they will lose game 7 also. Even with Kawhi at 80% he still has to show up big.

Well maybe he gets pissed off for sitting Game 6 and goes HAM in Game 7 lol

Amuseddaysleeper
05-10-2017, 05:36 PM
He did travel with the team and doesn't seem to be in any kind of boot. I'm praying that Pop is trying to play mind games but I doubt it.

marinoman
05-10-2017, 05:38 PM
They may let him play but if he's not playing well or rockets 20-8 or something pop will take him out, and soon after quit on the game with a hockey shift

DMC
05-10-2017, 08:17 PM
Obviously I want the Spurs to win every game they can, but they are playing like absolute shit and it's a true testament to Mike D's shitty coaching that the results look like they do. I mean, you have Patty Mills going off on your team in the 1st quarter, and you're scoring at least 2, often 3 on every fucking trip, and you STILL only lead by 4 at the half. You lose in OT to a team that doesn't have their PG or best player. Your best player and MVP candidate is getting owned by a D league player in the playoffs. So even if the Spurs win, all it says is that the Rockets really really suck. Memphis won 2 against us and played us as well as the Rockets, and we had all of our players. If the Spurs win game 6, Mike D should be fired. It would be hilarious to see a guy get a coaching award from other coaches and get fired the same year. That's some George Karl level shit right there.

DMC
05-10-2017, 08:19 PM
Well maybe he gets pissed off for sitting Game 6 and goes HAM in Game 7 lol
What if he sits game 6 and the Spurs win without him or Tony? I wouldn't rule it out. Chaos sometimes favors the unprepared. Just think JET and JSmoove against the Clippers a couple years ago.

GSH
05-10-2017, 08:21 PM
I hate saying this but I'm leaning towards resting him...almost 5 days of treatment for the knee/ankle is huge...

This isn't just about winning game 6. It's gotta be about possibly Game 7 and starting the WCF on Tuesday..

I'd rather have Kawhi at 80% in Game 7 and going forward instead of 50-60%

Exactly. There's no question that he'd be more ready to go in Game 7, and it's at home. All that would be gained by winning game 6 is to meet GSW sooner, and in the process they could make Kawhi less effective or worse.

I joked about it in the game thread, but it would be so cool if Pop kept Kawhi in street cloths, and rested LMA and either Pau or Manu. Heads would explode. But, honestly, that might be the best thing to do going forward.

What if he sits game 6 and the Spurs win without him or Tony? I wouldn't rule it out. Chaos sometimes favors the unprepared. Just think JET and JSmoove against the Clippers a couple years ago.

It could happen.

coachmac87
05-10-2017, 09:05 PM

That would be an absolute blessing in disguise if Spurs can win Game 6 without Kawhi. It'll mean a couple things...LMA went off and the role players stepped up. The confidence across the board would be raised..the media will tarnish Kawhi MVP candidacy but who cares..

Also WCF would start on same day Game 7 would so it'll still give him the most rest could possibly get...

MultiTroll
05-10-2017, 09:08 PM
Regretful silver lining is that Popped will have to play one of Dedman Bertie Murray?

cjw
05-10-2017, 09:35 PM
Vegas line is HOU -7 which means they're giving it some chance he doesn't play. If he were out, imagine it would be above -10. I think HOU was -5 or -5.5 in last home game for reference

tholdren
05-10-2017, 10:07 PM
Vegas line is HOU -7 which means they're giving it some chance he doesn't play. If he were out, imagine it would be above -10. I think HOU was -5 or -5.5 in last home game for reference

money on spurs