PDA

View Full Version : 4 mins without scoring in the 4th quarter...

ElNono
05-10-2017, 05:29 PM
Just can't happen, tbh. I know the Rockets couldn't put the ball in the basket either, but execution needs to be better. Call a play, execute, get to the line, etc.

Incredible the team won anyways despite of that.

SAGirl
05-10-2017, 05:31 PM
Just can't happen, tbh. I know the Rockets couldn't put the ball in the basket either, but execution needs to be better. Call a play, execute, get to the line, etc.

Ask MaNu4Tres how the 4 down with Lamarcus is going for Pop...
Team misses HOTS tbh...
No one wants to acknowledge it but HOTS WAS hot. :lol He was efficient and helped Kawhi out enough in the prior series. I will give Kawhi credit he was hurt and it showed... it definitely wasn't a "pretend" hurt.

TheGreatYacht
05-10-2017, 05:36 PM
Of course they couldn't score. Mills was the PG with no other playmaker on the court at the time, and they were force feeding Aldridge & Gasol....

GSH
05-10-2017, 05:44 PM
This is hardly the first Spurs team to go on extended scoring droughts. It's never been pretty to watch.

Darius Bieber
05-10-2017, 05:46 PM
Spurs were just lucky they were playing against an even bigger choking team than themselves, the Rockets.

Had this happened against the Warriors, they would have been down 30+.

therealtruth
05-10-2017, 08:52 PM
They had good defense and got stops. Scoring is not an issue as long as your locking down the defensive end.

MultiTroll
05-10-2017, 09:02 PM

Concur.
The Stand and Veg Dump it to LMA and stand around was so ineffective.

Also, situation screamed for Bertie Dedman Murray if not all three.

polandprzem
05-11-2017, 10:19 AM
We had Aldridge backing Harden .. LMA passed the ball and in result we had 3 pointer by Green but damn that was rather lucky ball movement if you ask me. He should finish the damn action

ducks
05-11-2017, 10:34 AM
just maybe spurs miss tp

05-11-2017, 10:40 AM
It's been a problem all season. That's why a lot of big leads disappeared throughout the year.

Luckily, the defense was strong in a lot of those games or the offense got back on track.

Chinook
05-11-2017, 10:46 AM
Spurs were just lucky they were playing against an even bigger choking team than themselves, the Rockets.

Had this happened against the Warriors, they would have been down 30+.

You deserve and award for keeping on keeping on.

Keepin' it real
05-11-2017, 11:20 AM
Scoring is overrated. Pop and Spurs just proved that in game 5.

itzsoweezee
05-11-2017, 11:29 AM
Letting Patty run point is just a bad idea. If Kawhi is out, the ball has to be in Ginobili's hands.

rastaspur
05-11-2017, 11:33 AM
Force feeding a pair of 84 inch pussies was the main reason imo

Horse
05-11-2017, 12:24 PM
You deserve and award for keeping on keeping on.

If we all ignore this cocksucker he will go away

tim_duncan_fan
05-11-2017, 05:03 PM
This is hardly the first Spurs team to go on extended scoring droughts. It's never been pretty to watch.

But back then, we could grind ANYBODY down to the 90pts we wanted to keep them at so it didn't matter all that much overall.

TD 21
05-11-2017, 05:43 PM
They looked unsure of where to go and who to play through. They should have rode Ginobili PnR more instead of Aldridge 4-down, but I think he felt like, with Leonard out, they needed to ride their supposed second option, even if he was clearly overwhelmed by the moment and unable to create an efficient shot to save his life.

Despite the score being single digits throughout or at least mostly, it's amazing that they won this game considering they spent the better part of a full quarter in that situation. Once again, the randomness of close games . . . it's just too bad it wasn't the closeout game since it seemingly took ever bit of energy in them to pull it off.

I still feel the series is the Rockets to lose though and that's even if Leonard doesn't look worse for wear. He's started his inevitable regression to the mean and the series is being played on their terms.

LaMarcus Bryant
05-11-2017, 06:07 PM

I think it was Houston going through a cold spell (luckily) that quickly and seamlessly turned into them getting gassed from Pringles short rotation.