PDA

View Full Version : *** Official LMA Apology Tour Thread ***

ElNono
05-11-2017, 09:23 PM
I feel like I should get this thread started, tbh... he was a complete stud today, when the most was required from him...

This team hit the ceiling of the WCF, tbh, anything more is a cherry on top...

Thank you LMA....:toast

HarlemHeat37
05-11-2017, 09:24 PM
Apologies if he plays well vs. the Warriors, tbh..

RD2191
05-11-2017, 09:25 PM
Definitely shut me up tonight. Showed heart and hustle the entire night. Definitely need to incorporate him into the offense more when Kawhi gets back, going to need it against the Dubs.

timtonymanu

Apologies if he plays well vs. the Warriors, tbh..Truth

PopTheGOAT
This is partly true. Still needs to take it to Draymond Green. But huge props to LA today. BIG time.

100%duncan
05-11-2017, 09:26 PM
I'll take it back when he wins us a damn 'chip :lol

spursistan
05-11-2017, 09:26 PM
This thread gonna backfire by next Sunday when Raymond goes in without the lube :lol..

Robz4000
05-11-2017, 09:27 PM
:worthy: LMA :worthy:

r0drig0lac
05-11-2017, 09:28 PM
:worthy: LMA :worthy:

UNT Eagles 2016

Yep. It's his series to win. If he can't dominate against undersized PFs and SFs smaller than him, we'll lose and Aldridge will be a one-hit wonder.

gambit1990
gambit1990 (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=30595) wanting this scrub to get more touches :lmao
highest scoring game of the season, game 6 on the road. TGY posted that yesterday :lol

DAF86
Not apoligising, this is what he was suppossed to be doing all season. He did earn for us to remain cautiously optimistic regarding him from now on, though.

baseline bum
05-11-2017, 09:29 PM
He needed to be doing this every game against Houston. If Aldridge gets shut down in multiple games by Draymond Green next series that's understandable, but not when he wasn't scoring on Ryan Anderson and James Harden. No apology.

spurtech09
LMA gets a apology no matter what....No KL or Parker....

jag
I feel like I should get this thread started, tbh... he was a complete stud today, when the most was required from him...

I will wait to see what he does when he plays while everyone has more than scrub expectations of him.

Aggie Hoopsfan

This. If he turns into Bonner again against Golden State, F him.

DarrinS
05-11-2017, 09:30 PM
I need to wear one of those cones they put on dogs. I'm sorry LMA.

UNT Eagles 2016
Definitely shut me up tonight. Showed heart and hustle the entire night. Definitely need to incorporate him into the offense more when Kawhi gets back, going to need it against the Dubs.

They have a problem with post defense, they're too small inside and the bigs they do have are not as good as before (they used to have Bogut and Ezeli, now they have scrubs).

The whole series rides on LMA, honestly, and to a slightly lesser degree the perimeter shooters' ability to make their open shots.

dabom

Bullshit. You said dude was soft and never getting past the second round. Still waiting. :lol

offset formation
05-11-2017, 09:40 PM
Not apoligising, this is what he was suppossed to be doing all season. He did earn for us to remain cautiously optimistic regarding him from now on, though.

62 wins not enough for you? 2-1 against the team with the best record? 18 ppg on a team that clearly prefers the ball run through Kawhi?

He's still a stud player. And guess what, sometimes studs have off nights.

Spurs9
05-11-2017, 09:41 PM
Sorry Aldridge, just needed Kawhi to go out for you to shine. :claw

Budkin
05-11-2017, 09:41 PM
Present! Sorry LMA!

DAF86
05-11-2017, 09:44 PM
62 wins not enough for you? 2-1 against the team with the best record? 18 ppg on a team that clearly prefers the ball run through Kawhi?

I have no problem with his defense. I have a problem with his cancerous inefficient offensive game, tbh.

ElNono
05-11-2017, 09:46 PM
Don't get greedy... you all knew this team's ceiling was the WCF and that was with Kawhi and Tony...

Mission accomplished, tbh

Mikeanaro
After they beat the Cavs, sure.

Nathan89

DPG21920
05-11-2017, 09:47 PM
Not just counting tonight, but SA doesn't beat HOU without LMA. But for him to step up on the road without Kawhi and TP? That is some serious sh*t right there.

HarlemHeat37
05-11-2017, 09:48 PM
Bullshit. You said dude was soft and never getting past the second round. Still waiting. :lol

I've been one of the biggest Aldridge defenders the past few months, actually, but he is soft and has been underwhelming on offense throughout the playoffs, neither is arguable:lol he was mostly bad on offense(2 good games out of 6) against a frontcourt of Clint Capela and Ryan Anderson..

If he's getting credit for having 1 big game vs. a team that doesn't play defense and lives and dies by the 3, then that's sad that we've reached that point, tbh..you and many others had title aspirations, heading into the season..

And I don't remember saying that last part..I believe you, you're probably correct, but do you have a link?

offset formation
05-11-2017, 09:49 PM

Only the honorable own it when they're prematurely judgmental.
:bobo

SPURt
05-11-2017, 09:50 PM
Ah shucks, the title of the thread is a little misleading, I thought this thread was about LMA using tonight's game to apologize to us fans for sharting in our faces the first 11 games of these playoffs

dabom
05-11-2017, 09:51 PM
I've been one of the biggest Aldridge defenders the past few months, actually, but he is soft and has been underwhelming on offense throughout the playoffs, neither is arguable:lol he was mostly bad on offense(2 good games out of 6) against a frontcourt of Clint Capela and Ryan Anderson..

If he's getting credit for having 1 big game vs. a team that doesn't play defense and lives and dies by the 3, then that's sad that we've reached that point, tbh..you and many others had title aspirations, heading into the season..

And I don't remember saying that last part..I believe you, you're probably correct, but do you have a link?

Nah, I dont wanna search through pages right now.

Spurminator
05-11-2017, 09:51 PM
Dude has been too deferential in the Kawhi era. Tonight he was Top Dog again. He needs to learn to still play like a Top Dog even if he's 2nd Dog.

Much respect for tonight though. This was the most important game of his career and it ended up being the best game of his career. Pussies, softies, etc. don't have games like this on nights like tonight.

midnightpulp
05-11-2017, 09:56 PM
I never forsook him. Never.

$pursDynasty
05-11-2017, 09:57 PM
Don't get greedy... you all knew this team's ceiling was the WCF and that was with Kawhi and Tony...

I know that is the consensus Nono but if you were to add a fully healthy Kingslayer and a healthy MVParker, I think we win it all. Dubs might be as mentally weak all the Rox when facing adversity (front runners)and we are in LeBron's head.

Slippy
05-11-2017, 09:59 PM

Exactly.

weebo
05-11-2017, 10:01 PM
How much is the soft serve negro getting paid again? Ya, I thought so....bring it every night.

DPG21920
05-11-2017, 10:02 PM
If LMA was only thought of as a defensive player people would not be mad at his money when he's truly helped anchor the number one defense in the league.

DMC
05-11-2017, 10:07 PM
Kawhi was taking shots away from LMA, and Tony was taking shots away from Kawhi.

MultiTroll
05-11-2017, 10:12 PM
Plus early in the game he had at least 3 complete slacker defensive zone outs. Left guy completely unguarded for the easy trey or hoop.
Golden State will not roll over like The Beards.

GSH
05-11-2017, 10:28 PM
A lot of the stuff being said about him was true. He"s capable of more. Tonight he proved itt.

therealtruth
05-11-2017, 10:35 PM
It's partially Kawhi's fault. He's got to help get him going when he plays. He can't just hope for LA to find his spots.

urunobili
05-11-2017, 11:30 PM
https://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s97/TheAtheist/1240605367-eating-crow_zpsxejc4uax.jpg

UZER
05-11-2017, 11:36 PM
Apologize? Nah. It's about time he joined the party. It's the LMA we need of there is any chance to beat the Golden State Douchebags.

RodNIc91
05-11-2017, 11:51 PM
Much respect for him tonight. His best game wearing the silver and black. I mentioned it in the game thread, he also looked as happy as ever; I suspect it had to do with him being top dog tonight. Even if he got most of his buckets in his usual no-show offense, he looked very aggressive and confident. I suspect maybe Timmy talked to him or practiced with him, because he was also aggressive attacking the basket and making great counters like a spin move ala Timmy.

bic50
05-12-2017, 12:03 AM
He showed up just in time for gsw too.

BillMc
05-12-2017, 12:03 AM
A lot of people should apologize to Pop and Danny Green too. I certainly will to Simmons.

YGWHI
05-12-2017, 12:05 AM
If LMA was only thought of as a defensive player people would not be mad at his money when he's truly helped anchor the number one defense in the league.

I'd be mad.

While Kawhi, Simms, Danny, have to defend the elite guards in the West and score/make 3's...LMA would be the highest paid just for defense??? He's not Gobert or Dray

This team needs LMA to be this assertive and effective version, they didnt sign him for .43% shooting and 14 ppg like in Memphis series.

Pop will play 2 bigs vs GSW smallball in some stretches...I just want Aldridge to kill KD like Bobo did in game 6 of 2014 WCF

tmtcsc
05-12-2017, 12:06 AM
Apologize for what? This type of game from him is exactly why everyone criticizes his ass. He's capable of doing this when he wants.....HE WANTS. Spurs will need this type of effort and engaging play from him every game from here on out.

Mr. Body
05-12-2017, 12:20 AM
He really was disappointing for most of the series. Hopefully they can replicate this against another soft interior team next round.

HarlemHeat37
05-12-2017, 12:20 AM
He really was disappointing for most of the series. Hopefully they can replicate this against another soft interior team next round.

:lol

05-12-2017, 12:39 AM

SAGirl
05-12-2017, 01:01 AM
I was happy to see him play well and I felt he was due.

SAGirl
05-12-2017, 01:02 AM

This is true.
Anything from here on out is gravy.

SAGirl
05-12-2017, 01:06 AM

Some guys just want to start Dedmon and Bertans you know?:stirpot:

testies
05-12-2017, 01:10 AM
LMA I always said this here, you are a legit skilled offensive player, yuo probably learned the fundamentals young, you were the star of your AAU team, you were a star and a high pick in drafts.

You know what footwork is, you keep your head up. You are a legit #1 option on offense.

Unfortutantely we hafve been betting on Kawhi a guy who learned basketball at age 18 and coming out of college he dribbled looking at the ball

SAGirl
05-12-2017, 01:11 AM
I know that is the consensus Nono but if you were to add a fully healthy Kingslayer and a healthy MVParker, I think we win it all. Dubs might be as mentally weak all the Rox when facing adversity (front runners)and we are in LeBron's head.
I do think a healthy Spurs team with Simmons playing like he did in game 1 of the season and how he's currently playing will give troubles to anybody.
Currently for me, the team achieved.
there is no heartbreak like there was at OKC last season if they lose against GSW
A lot of guys have stepped up at different times each series... so it's just sad they don't have a fully healthy team.
For me, anything from now on, rest of the playoffs is gravy.
I am going to enjoy watching everybody.. even when it's painful to watch (a loss obviously)

szkorhetz
05-12-2017, 07:11 AM
After they beat the Cavs, sure.
Agreed. The winner of the WC will takes it all.

NameLess Scrub
05-12-2017, 07:18 AM
I need to wear one of those cones they put on dogs. I'm sorry LMA.

:lol

Nice thread in the context of how great he was this game.

Still though, when his jumper is not in super mario invincible star mode, he should be able to put more effort punishing this undersized league.

I was pretty excited to see him star the game spinning towards the baseline and easily score. Been waiting for that the whole series.

Seriously, he needs to make Draymond regret the typo letter D out of his name; take it personal.

will_spurs
05-12-2017, 07:21 AM

Let's be greedy.

San Antonio Slayer
05-12-2017, 07:43 AM
I think Shaq motivated him too saying LA had to punish the rockets team for smallballing. I loved the punishment though.

JR3
05-12-2017, 07:58 AM
I never piblically bashed him but I have been very disappointed in him this year and last. No reason why he shouldn't have more rebounds and go inside more. He killed it when we needed him the most. He is our best chance to beat golden state because we should have a competitive advantage at that position. He has to show up this series or I'll still be wondering what we can get for him in the off season...

offset formation
05-12-2017, 08:58 AM
He might just be best suited to be on a team where he's the number 1. He's still clearly a beast and will be for another couple of years. At that point he'd be a great second option but for now, his game just doesn't get to shine when the ball runs through Kawhi regularly.

Either that or Pop needs to consider running two different offenses and almost have a second first team with Aldridge coming off the bench. And a bit of overlap...maybe 30 min each per game. Would extend both their careers too.

HarlemHeat37
05-12-2017, 02:02 PM
Let's be greedy.

Really? We can't wait to see if he plays well in the WCFs in year 2 before giving him credit? I thought Spurs fans had title aspirations:lol

dabom
05-12-2017, 02:05 PM
Really? We can't wait to see if he plays well in the WCFs in year 2 before giving him credit? I thought Spurs fans had title aspirations:lol

Spurs can take this series.

HarlemHeat37
05-12-2017, 02:08 PM
Spurs can take this series.

Ok, but is it really unfair to expect more from Aldridge than a few good games in the playoffs? Shouldn't we expect him to play well vs. the Warriors?

dabom
05-12-2017, 02:16 PM
Ok, but is it really unfair to expect more from Aldridge than a few good games in the playoffs? Shouldn't we expect him to play well vs. the Warriors?

I think he plays good this series. Nothing crazy though. 20ppg 8rpg play defense.

SAGirl
05-12-2017, 02:19 PM
He might just be best suited to be on a team where he's the number 1. He's still clearly a beast and will be for another couple of years. At that point he'd be a great second option but for now, his game just doesn't get to shine when the ball runs through Kawhi regularly.

Either that or Pop needs to consider running two different offenses and almost have a second first team with Aldridge coming off the bench. And a bit of overlap...maybe 30 min each per game. Would extend both their careers too.
Pop had already been trying to do that. Not Aldridge off the bench, but staggering him and having him come off the floor at different times than Kawhi, and he was rather monopolizing the bench's offense which became more stagnant than we have known it to be and he was terrible. The Grizz series it felt like Aldridge was ruining a top bench in the league in the RS with his post ups. It's why when Kawhi was off the floor, the Spurs were a - (minus some ungodly amount).
I do think they are still giving him post ups obviously, but he's rolling to the basket more (Pop playing him in stretch/wing lineups or with Gasol opens up the world of opportunities for him IMO. In contrast playing him with Lee or Dedmon wasn't good, it was very stagnant. Anyways, there are many things to comment about and I am sure someone who paid attention more than me can add to it, but where Aldridge gets the ball, and how often he looks to seal guys at the basket, or rolls is tied to which big is with him, etc and he's done better with either all wings or stretch bigs as Gasol (and Anderson if you consider him one anyways).

daledondale
05-12-2017, 02:32 PM
https://media.tenor.co/images/4a402653038b84cf89af39e3efac96b9/tenor.gif

hitmanyr2k
05-12-2017, 02:51 PM
It's partially Kawhi's fault. He's got to help get him going when he plays. He can't just hope for LA to find his spots.

No, it's really not Kawhi's fault. It's not his fault LMA doesn't fight for position consistently and gets pushed off the block. It's not his fault LMA has been taking fadeaway jumpshots. Those are the shots he wants to take. It's not Kawhi's fault LMA can't go up strong and finish around the rim. And no Spurs fan should apologize to a guy that did what he was supposed to be doing all series long...dominating midgets :lol After contending with a physical Grizzlies defense I expected the Spurs to dominate Houston's cupcake defense, Aldridge especially. They disrespected that guy putting James Harden on him of all people and he still didn't respond. He deserved the criticism he got. In Game 6 he FINALLY started establishing better position in the post and got going hitting some easy jumphooks instead of getting bullied off the block to the perimeter for jumpshots. That had nothing to do with Kawhi. It's all on LMA to keep playing like this.

Darth_Pelican
05-12-2017, 03:00 PM
Aldridge president. Not Leonard.

05-12-2017, 03:10 PM
pretty sure after the game they asked him how he got going and he told them he basically needs this amount of touches regularly to be effective:lol

will_spurs
05-12-2017, 04:36 PM

That's the point. Let's be greedy = let's expect more from him (a title, for example).

RD2191
05-12-2017, 05:32 PM
No, it's really not Kawhi's fault. It's not his fault LMA doesn't fight for position consistently and gets pushed off the block. It's not his fault LMA has been taking fadeaway jumpshots. Those are the shots he wants to take. It's not Kawhi's fault LMA can't go up strong and finish around the rim. And no Spurs fan should apologize to a guy that did what he was supposed to be doing all series long...dominating midgets :lol After contending with a physical Grizzlies defense I expected the Spurs to dominate Houston's cupcake defense, Aldridge especially. They disrespected that guy putting James Harden on him of all people and he still didn't respond. He deserved the criticism he got. In Game 6 he FINALLY started establishing better position in the post and got going hitting some easy jumphooks instead of getting bullied off the block to the perimeter for jumpshots. That had nothing to do with Kawhi. It's all on LMA to keep playing like this.

Truth nuke.

HarlemHeat37
05-12-2017, 07:04 PM
That's the point. Let's be greedy = let's expect more from him (a title, for example).

Thought you were being sarcastic, tbh..

offset formation
05-12-2017, 11:18 PM
Pop had already been trying to do that. Not Aldridge off the bench, but staggering him and having him come off the floor at different times than Kawhi, and he was rather monopolizing the bench's offense which became more stagnant than we have known it to be and he was terrible. The Grizz series it felt like Aldridge was ruining a top bench in the league in the RS with his post ups. It's why when Kawhi was off the floor, the Spurs were a - (minus some ungodly amount).
I do think they are still giving him post ups obviously, but he's rolling to the basket more (Pop playing him in stretch/wing lineups or with Gasol opens up the world of opportunities for him IMO. In contrast playing him with Lee or Dedmon wasn't good, it was very stagnant. Anyways, there are many things to comment about and I am sure someone who paid attention more than me can add to it, but where Aldridge gets the ball, and how often he looks to seal guys at the basket, or rolls is tied to which big is with him, etc and he's done better with either all wings or stretch bigs as Gasol (and Anderson if you consider him one anyways).

Agreed. The personnel that rolled in with him would be important. I just think he kind of loses his aggressive nature when he's primarily setting screens 25 feet from the basket.

And yes Pop has kind of tinkered with it, but he clearly never committed to it entirely. I just think it's a devastating strategy because it enables our top two studs to each have the game plan revolve around them. And just how devastating it could be became very clear on Thursday night.

Imagine a Patty (or Murray), Simmons, Anderson (or Bertans), Lee (or Pau/Dedmon), and Aldridge lineup coming in after a Parker (Murray), Green, Kawhi, Lee (or Anderson), Pau (or Dedmon).

Rotate in Ginobili and Forbes and others as necessary. Perhaps flip Patty.

BUT I think you could get the logical effectiveness and perception of two starting lineups out of that instead of a starting and backup lineup.

Btw, despite Pop having tinkered with it, it would require him effectively benching Aldridge--with his approval obviously. It takes a huge person to accept that role when you are still clearly one of the best bigs in the game. It requires something I'm not sure Aldridge has in him at this point. And i wonder if it just might not have been raised as a possibility back before the season. Remember the supposed disagreement that blew up between Pop and Aldridge that potentially was going to lead to us trading him? It's possible this was at the root of that...

skulls138
05-12-2017, 11:48 PM
No, it's really not Kawhi's fault. It's not his fault LMA doesn't fight for position consistently and gets pushed off the block. It's not his fault LMA has been taking fadeaway jumpshots. Those are the shots he wants to take. It's not Kawhi's fault LMA can't go up strong and finish around the rim. And no Spurs fan should apologize to a guy that did what he was supposed to be doing all series long...dominating midgets :lol After contending with a physical Grizzlies defense I expected the Spurs to dominate Houston's cupcake defense, Aldridge especially. They disrespected that guy putting James Harden on him of all people and he still didn't respond. He deserved the criticism he got. In Game 6 he FINALLY started establishing better position in the post and got going hitting some easy jumphooks instead of getting bullied off the block to the perimeter for jumpshots. That had nothing to do with Kawhi. It's all on LMA to keep playing like this.I agree very much. I criticized LA all year but for good reason, jumpshooting. He got his jumpsooting going in game 6 but that's after he went inside. He had a great game in game 3 too going inside.

will_spurs
05-13-2017, 01:51 AM
Thought you were being sarcastic, tbh..

Not at all (sadly). We didn't bring LMA in to get one good game out of 20. On the other hand I'll readily admit he's better when he's the focus of the offense. He doesn't play well as 2nd fiddle. We need Kawhi, but we also need a more balanced offense.

Thomas82
05-13-2017, 11:36 AM
Apologize for what? This type of game from him is exactly why everyone criticizes his ass. He's capable of doing this when he wants.....HE WANTS. Spurs will need this type of effort and engaging play from him every game from here on out.

Maybe the fact that he'll finally get to play in a WCF series could possibly inspire him to bring it every night.

UZER
05-13-2017, 11:40 AM
He should apologize to us for paying his salary playing like he has all this time when he should be playing like he did in game 6.

TheDoctor
05-13-2017, 11:45 AM
The Spurs paying him real money and LMA paying us w/ rubber checks.

MaNu4Tres
05-13-2017, 12:17 PM
One strong game doesn't warrant an apology.

He won't ever get an apology from me unless he shows consistency on both ends and helps the Spurs beat GS and CLE.

Reason for that is, he's come into camp the past 2 seasons out of shape. That shit just rubs me the wrong way.

100%duncan
05-13-2017, 12:25 PM

bullsfan going hiroshima

tmtcsc
05-13-2017, 04:36 PM
One strong game doesn't warrant an apology.

He won't ever get an apology from me unless he shows consistency on both ends and helps the Spurs beat GS and CLE.

Reason for that is, he's come into camp the past 2 seasons out of shape. That shit just rubs me the wrong way.

Right there.

ElNono
05-16-2017, 09:05 PM
damn, about to rescind this shit.... just shameful :depressed

DeRozan m8
05-16-2017, 09:06 PM
What a thread backfire

Trade this fucking faggot

No fucking heart

No fucking care

Hes like a little girl out there

skulls138
05-16-2017, 09:09 PM
damn, about to rescind this shit.... just shameful :depressedPshhh. This whole site is a rescind factory. :lmao

BatManu20
05-16-2017, 09:10 PM
He is a bonafide scrub right now. Might be the worst max player in the league, tbh.

polandprzem
05-16-2017, 09:11 PM
Good you apologized LMA after one good game

Disgrace tbh and him saying he needs more touches to be effective is beyond me. He had touches when Leo went out of the game and now as well. He rather throw a bunny then go inside and score with size advantage

xellos88330
His vagina is showing today. He is pulling a Harden.

UZER
He... suuuuucks.

I don't want to watch a spurs team with him on it anyone. Seriously. Get this dude off the team now!!

It's not even makes it misses, it's no effort and no heart no fight.

He's walking garbage and doesn't deserve to wear the Spurs uniform.

skulls138
05-16-2017, 09:14 PM
Don't worry, he'll get angry when the games out of hand so he can say it wasn't his fault. He'll then bring up the all-star game and demand Duncan's jersey number.

SAGirl
05-16-2017, 09:18 PM
They say hes a frontrunner.. plays well when the going is good... but when it's not... he is getting shown up by Jsimms.

99 Problems
05-16-2017, 09:21 PM
Marcus :depressed

SpurOutofTownFan
05-16-2017, 10:17 PM
it was all because Nene went down - we can see it now

timtonymanu
05-20-2017, 10:42 PM
Take it back. What a beta.

100%duncan
05-20-2017, 11:26 PM
Bump tbh

Mikeanaro
05-20-2017, 11:28 PM
OP should apology for making such an unfortunate thread, and ask for a full refund, tbh.

ElNono
05-20-2017, 11:32 PM
OP should apology for making such an unfortunate thread, and ask for a full refund, tbh.

tbh

Mikeanaro
05-20-2017, 11:51 PM
tbh
And I would love LMA-O killing everyone and me saying SORRY LAMARCUS-SAN, but this is our current status.