PDA

View Full Version : Ok, I'll ask. Sit Kawhi for game 1?

Keepin' it real
05-11-2017, 09:41 PM
A whole week's rest could do wonders.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-11-2017, 09:45 PM
That was my suggestion in the game thread. Sit him game one, GS is going to be hyped like crazy for that one. Trot out tonight's team, challenge them to go win it for Kawhi and Tony, and see what happens.

Gets Kawhi a week's rest, and if that squad that showed up tonight shows up again Sunday and wins game one, you've got Kawhi back trying to go up 2-0 on the Warriors.

illusioNtEk
05-11-2017, 09:46 PM
Bring him and Murray off the bench tbh

100%duncan
05-11-2017, 09:46 PM
If it's for the min why not?

Floyd Pacquiao
05-11-2017, 09:48 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if pop sits him for the first 2 games honestly. They don't play game 3 till next Saturday

spurtech09
05-11-2017, 09:50 PM
I was thinking the same thing...

bic50
05-11-2017, 09:50 PM
A whole week's rest could do wonders.
Please don't let this win fool you. It was a combination of inspired play from the Spurs and harden quitting on his team. Spurs need Kawhi against gsw

spurtech09
05-11-2017, 09:51 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if pop sits him for the first 2 games honestly. They don't play game 3 till next SaturdayPlay KL till game 3.....good Idea

Uriel
05-11-2017, 10:04 PM
Is 1 week really that different from 5 days? Play the man.

weebo
05-11-2017, 10:09 PM
If he's healthy enough to play, he'll play. If he's not, he won't.

turkish spurs fan
05-11-2017, 10:10 PM
rest kawhi for the rest of playoffs and he will be fresh for next regular season

Keepin' it real
05-11-2017, 10:15 PM
rest kawhi for the rest of playoffs and he will be fresh for next regular season

https://cdn.meme.am/instances/23780331.jpg

therealtruth
05-11-2017, 10:42 PM
Please don't let this win fool you. It was a combination of inspired play from the Spurs and harden quitting on his team. Spurs need Kawhi against gsw

Harden didn't just quit. He tried to get it going. However Simmons on-ball defense and Gasol's length at the rim prevented it from happening.

TheyCallMePro
05-11-2017, 10:49 PM
I don't care what anybody says. I was super excited to watch the Spurs play tonight without Kawhi and see if it would mean going back to playing Spurs basketball. And boom, that's exactly what happened, we moved the ball and we won by 39 points.

Kawhi is great. Tony is great. They're ball-stoppers. Everyone else stands just stands around watching them and the ball doesn't move. It's not Spurs basketball.

Sit Kawhi game 1. Let him 'rest' and maybe we'll just win by 39 points.

ElNono
05-11-2017, 10:51 PM
I don't care what anybody says. I was super excited to watch the Spurs play tonight without Kawhi and see if it would mean going back to playing Spurs basketball. And boom, that's exactly what happened, we moved the ball and we won by 39 points.

Kawhi is great. Tony is great. They're ball-stoppers. Everyone else stands just stands around watching them and the ball doesn't move. It's not Spurs basketball.

It's weird how that doesn't happen with Manu though... even when he was option #1 or #2 on offense...

Spurs 4 The Win
This

100%duncan

Right back at ya. Prime Timmy 4 down, Isolation Prime Manu spit on your take.

Spurs 4 The Win

Lmao, we need Kawhi, dont be fucking stupid

Budkin
05-11-2017, 10:52 PM
No

illusioNtEk
05-11-2017, 10:53 PM

Truth

bic50
05-11-2017, 10:54 PM

Wow. Talk about about prisoner of the moment.

ElNono
05-11-2017, 10:55 PM
Kawhi can take any shots he wants though, he's our best defender by a mile and our best player too...

bic50
05-11-2017, 10:55 PM
Truth
Wrong

RD2191
05-11-2017, 10:56 PM

This is why people should stay away from drugs.

Spurs 4 The Win
05-11-2017, 10:56 PM
Kawhi can take any shots he wants though, he's our best defender by a mile and our best player too...

Well apparently some internet coaches have decided we dont need the best player on our team and possibly in the league to beat a team of four superstars :lol

So we should just bench him :lol :lol :lol

illusioNtEk
05-11-2017, 10:57 PM
Wrong

How so?

ElNono
05-11-2017, 10:58 PM
It doesn't invalidate the notion of being a ball stopper, tbh... but if you gonna be that, you better be really good... Kawhi is...

DMC
GS isn't like Houston. You better have a defender on the floor. They will not rely on the 3 all night. They won't quit.

bic50
Well apparently some internet coaches have decided we dont need the best player on our team and possibly in the league to beat a team of four superstars :lol

So we should just bench him :lol :lol :lol
Yeah the idiots are exposing themselves tonight.

DMC
05-11-2017, 11:00 PM

Not sure who "they" are but you are certainly not a pro unless it means "pretty retarded object".

bic50
05-11-2017, 11:00 PM
How so?
The warriors aren't the 3point chucking no defense team like Houston. Plus harden flat out quit on his team. I guarantee you pop just wanted the guys to compete today and get Kawhi rest for game 7. He had no clue they would go in a blow them out by 40.

YGWHI
05-11-2017, 11:04 PM
Right back at ya. Prime Timmy 4 down, Isolation Prime Manu spit on your take.
Nah...4-down?? That never happened!!!! Spurs played motion, 2014 ball movement every game of last 20 seasons.

100%duncan
05-11-2017, 11:09 PM
Not sure who "they" are but you are certainly not a pro unless it means "pretty retarded object".

Omg D you on tonight :lmao :lmao

YGWHI
05-11-2017, 11:10 PM

So the ball moves in LMA iso-post ups?? Don't be stupid. This team was playing 4-down for Aldridge in many plays in this series. The only difference? Tonight, the ball started going...Also, he wasn't the soft guy who was all season

Yeah... I like our chances in a series without him.

YGWHI
05-11-2017, 11:16 PM
Anyway, I'd rest Kawhi in game 1. His knee and his ankle could need the rest.

He would be out of rhythm in game 2 but wouldn't matter...Id rather see him missing shots in game 2 than limping in game 1.

therealtruth
05-12-2017, 12:04 AM
The past 2 games have been good in a sense. They had been so Kawhi reliant in the playoffs. That's something the Warriors would have used to their advantage. Now with everyone stepping up they will be more dangerous. Kawhi's going to figure out how to fit in without spoiling that.

Seventyniner
05-12-2017, 12:08 AM
Now the Spurs are +9 against the Rockets with Kawhi not playing.

bic50
05-12-2017, 12:13 AM
Now the Spurs are +9 against the Rockets with Kawhi not playing.
Doesn't mean much

DMC
05-12-2017, 12:15 AM
So people want to rest our best player in 1 of the probably 6 games we're going to play against the Warriors because....?

You cannot give a game away. Yeah we could still win if Curry or Durant quits in game 1, or it could be a blowout whether he plays or not, but it's a cute move to sit your best player in the WCF as if you're savvy enough to recover.

YGWHI
05-12-2017, 12:24 AM
So people want to rest our best player in 1 of the probably 6 games we're going to play against the Warriors because....?

You cannot give a game away. Yeah we could still win if Curry or Durant quits in game 1, or it could be a blowout whether he plays or not, but it's a cute move to sit your best player in the WCF as if you're savvy enough to recover.

I'm not a big fan of playing injured players.

Why the team would put at risk the future of our franchise player for a game on the road? I doubt he will be 100% in game 1...But after a week of rest for game 2...Who knows but it sounds better.

DMC
05-12-2017, 12:36 AM
I'm not a big fan of playing injured players.

Why the team would put at risk the future of our franchise player for a game on the road? I doubt he will be 100% in game 1...But after a week of rest for game 2...Who knows but it sounds better.

You risk your player any time he's on the floor. It's the WCF. If you cannot risk players in the WCF you shouldn't be coaching in the NBA.

YGWHI
05-12-2017, 12:51 AM
It's the WCF. If you cannot risk players in the WCF you shouldn't be coaching in the NBA.

I remember a coach who sacrificed playoffs success in one postseason for the future of the franchise player...The same coach with that same player won many rings after that.

DMC
05-12-2017, 12:58 AM
I remember a coach who sacrificed playoffs success in one postseason for the future of the franchise player...The same coach with that same player won many rings after that.

Manu played with a broken arm in a cast in the 1st round against Memphis a few years ago.

testies
05-12-2017, 12:58 AM
yeah for sure play kawhi ... im so excited to see him pound the ball, ask for a Pau pick, get a switch.. dribble backwards to the 3 pt line again, run with his head down and get a chest bumped screaming AHHH and jack a one handed shot to the front rim

or that great play where he runs into a defender, yells AUHHHH and jacks up a one handed shot

or that play where he asks for a pick, and passes to the rolling man who is already being pressured by help defense because he has zero pick n roll reading fundamentals

yueah no, how about play him like in 2014 where he shot open 3s and played D... But Poop said "we need to give him the ball" WHY, IT WAS WORKING FINE YOU FAT POOP POOP

Darius Bieber
05-12-2017, 12:59 AM
Nah trade him for Paul George

YGWHI
05-12-2017, 01:02 AM
Manu played with a broken arm in a cast in the 1st round against Memphis a few years ago.

@TheGreatYTroll would say "but Manu wasn't our franchise player"

Just kidding...

bic50
05-12-2017, 07:51 AM
yeah for sure play kawhi ... im so excited to see him pound the ball, ask for a Pau pick, get a switch.. dribble backwards to the 3 pt line again, run with his head down and get a chest bumped screaming AHHH and jack a one handed shot to the front rim

or that great play where he runs into a defender, yells AUHHHH and jacks up a one handed shot

or that play where he asks for a pick, and passes to the rolling man who is already being pressured by help defense because he has zero pick n roll reading fundamentals

yueah no, how about play him like in 2014 where he shot open 3s and played D... But Poop said "we need to give him the ball" WHY, IT WAS WORKING FINE YOU FAT POOP POOP
You making yourself look pretty stupid right now.

Big Empty
05-12-2017, 08:05 AM

So we should just bench him :lol :lol :lol😂😂😂

will_spurs
05-12-2017, 08:11 AM
It's weird how that doesn't happen with Manu though... even when he was option #1 or #2 on offense...

Manu wasn't a ballstopper. People in the audience were.

will_spurs
05-12-2017, 08:16 AM
I guarantee you pop just wanted the guys to compete today and get Kawhi rest for game 7. He had no clue they would go in a blow them out by 40.

I agree. Pretty sure the Spurs objective was "tire them out as much as you can and let's finish this out on Sunday at home."

Then Houston came in with Harden reacting like a spoiled brat and the other players thinking that the Spurs would hand them this game out on a plate...

It reminds me of what a commentator said during game 1: "players come in thinking this will be a cakewalk and get blown out."