PDA

View Full Version : The most unbelievable stat from tonight's game

Silver&Black
05-11-2017, 09:51 PM
I would almost bet that it's never been done in NBA Playoffs history. And if it has happened before it can't be more than once or twice.

For the ENTIRE game...the Rockets scored 9 2-pt shots. That's it. 48 minutes........9 FGs made.

22 FGs made - 13 3pt FGs = 9 2pt FGs :wow

https://s15.postimg.org/ugvvvejwb/2pt.png

Silver&Black
05-11-2017, 09:52 PM
Talk about live by the 3.......gotdamn.

gambit1990
05-11-2017, 09:53 PM
13-40 :lol

sananspursfan21
05-11-2017, 09:56 PM
I'm glad we all got justice. There's just no way that breakneck pace from three could keep going. Too many of them looked lucky. I don't care who you are, even a wide open triple takes a touch of luck to make it.

DieHardSpursFan1537
05-11-2017, 09:59 PM
The meme bros would be proud of this offensive stupidity

Ron Swanson
05-11-2017, 10:01 PM
Pringles!

jag
05-11-2017, 10:05 PM
http://cdn05.strandbooks.weblinc.com/images/products/partitioned/f/1/e/0743298136.1.zoom.jpg

tholdren
05-11-2017, 10:06 PM
I would almost bet that it's never been done in NBA Playoffs history. And if it has happened before it can't be more than once or twice.

For the ENTIRE game...the Rockets scored 9 2-pt shots. That's it. 48 minutes........9 FGs made.

22 FGs made - 13 3pt FGs = 9 2pt FGs :wow

https://s15.postimg.org/ugvvvejwb/2pt.png

no it's the assist numbers:lobt2:

HarlemHeat37
05-11-2017, 10:07 PM
It works when Harden plays like a superstar, tbh..

cd98
05-11-2017, 10:12 PM
This was like watching Trump win on election night. It was like you kept waiting for things to change to what you expected and then at some point you are like...this is really how it's going to end.

weebo
05-11-2017, 10:14 PM
Common sense really. An uncontested shot from a shorter distance has a greater chance of going in than one taken from a greater distance.

Keepin' it real
05-11-2017, 10:17 PM
Also unbelievable that the series started with the Spurs worst home playoff loss ever, and the series ended with the Rockets worst playoff loss ever. Surreal.

therealtruth
05-11-2017, 10:30 PM
Gasol's length was huge in making that happen. He blocked 3 shots but his presence altered shots and even prevented them from making attempts around the basket.

SpurOutofTownFan
05-11-2017, 10:32 PM
as i said when the spurs got blown out, what will happen when those rockets 3s stop falling?

Silver&Black
05-11-2017, 10:46 PM
as i said when the spurs got blown out, what will happen when those rockets 3s stop falling?

While I do agree with the "what will happen when those rocket 3s stop falling" narrative....

9 2-pt FGs is so far below the normal. You gotta think in the average basketball game(I don't have data to support this though...just my opinion) you'll get 3 dunks, 3 uncontested layups, and 2 breakaway baskets from steals. That's 8 right there. You're only 1 away from the 9 total that HOU got tonight.

I just find 9 2-pt baskets to be shockingly low. Maybe all time playoff low.

sananspursfan21
05-11-2017, 10:49 PM
This was like watching Trump win on election night. It was like you kept waiting for things to change to what you expected and then at some point you are like...this is really how it's going to end.

:pop: "You shut your mouth"

SAGirl
05-11-2017, 10:53 PM
I don't wnat to stifle our happiness but they did look exhausted. Their own style is extremely demanding and pringles with a 7 man rotation in an OT game did them in.
Tonight the silver lining of the Kawhi injury was that Pop played younger guys, younger legs... some guys who are extremely hungry for an opportunity to get paid this summer, others who are hungry for a real role in the team and to get out of the freaking deep bench etc.. they came and beat the Rockets down.

SAGirl
05-11-2017, 10:54 PM
Also unbelievable that the series started with the Spurs worst home playoff loss ever, and the series ended with the Rockets worst playoff loss ever. Surreal.
While Pop was starting Leeeeeee

After that... Lee in short minutes is fine...

look_at_g_shred
05-11-2017, 10:56 PM
I don't wnat to stifle our happiness but they did look exhausted. Their own style is extremely demanding and pringles with a 7 man rotation in an OT game did them in.
Tonight the silver lining of the Kawhi injury was that Pop played younger guys, younger legs... some guys who are extremely hungry for an opportunity to get paid this summer, others who are hungry for a real role in the team and to get out of the freaking deep bench etc.. they came and beat the Rockets down.
C'mon now all they do is chuck threes.

SAGirl
Gasol's length was huge in making that happen. He blocked 3 shots but his presence altered shots and even prevented them from making attempts around the basket.
good point too... got to give the big man props... the perimeter players also directed guys to him well... and were good on defending the 3 etc. All around great game from everyone defensively.

DMC
My ass. They dictate their own pace, and the Spurs have to keep up with it. Harden doesn't cross the half court line before the 18 second mark. Shooting threes cannot be that tiring, it's not like they were banging bodies in the paint on offense.

They just quit. They fucking quit. Like Vincent said in Pulp Fiction, a fuckin' bum.

turkish spurs fan
05-11-2017, 10:58 PM
it s always difficult to count 22-13

Spurs 4 The Win
05-11-2017, 11:00 PM
My ass. They dictate their own pace, and the Spurs have to keep up with it. Harden doesn't cross the half court line before the 18 second mark. Shooting threes cannot be that tiring, it's not like they were banging bodies in the paint on offense.

They just quit. They fucking quit. Like Vincent said in Pulp Fiction, a fuckin' bum.

They quit, they werent tired. They quit the moment Manu blocked Harden in game 5. That broke them, they are fucking quitters. No heart

pgardn
05-11-2017, 11:00 PM
While I do agree with the "what will happen when those rocket 3s stop falling" narrative....

9 2-pt FGs is so far below the normal. You gotta think in the average basketball game(I don't have data to support this though...just my opinion) you'll get 3 dunks, 3 uncontested layups, and 2 breakaway baskets from steals. That's 8 right there. You're only 1 away from the 9 total that HOU got tonight.

I just find 9 2-pt baskets to be shockingly low. Maybe all time playoff low.

It is indeed an amazing stat.

They missed an extraordinary number of shots at the rim. They were utterly horrible. It takes good D, horrible shooting/shot selection, and the flat out bad luck to get such awful numbers.