PDA

View Full Version : Could a starting lineup of PM/JS/DG/KL/LMA work against GS?

pookenstein
05-12-2017, 02:37 AM
Or is going big the better way?

Simmons on Curry
Patty on Thompson
Danny on Durant
Leonard on Green
LMA on Zaza/Javale

Danny has defended KD reasonably well in the past and I was really impressed by Sims D on Harden.

The biggest issue I see with that theoretical lineup is the blow to the bench. We can't rely on Manu bringing it every night or Murray being the bench energizer.

ElNono
05-12-2017, 02:38 AM
If Raymond can kick people in the nuts and get away with it, probably not...

100%duncan
05-12-2017, 02:39 AM
The emergence of simmons might be key tbh, hope it's not a fluke

illusioNtEk
05-12-2017, 02:41 AM
Nobody can stop LMA... I say make him first option

SAGirl
05-12-2017, 02:44 AM
It could work... Pop is going with the two big lineups to start though....
frankly I don't know. I think the one we need to have hopes for instead of Simmons is Dijon. He's a rook after all. Simmons can already see the contract he's not about to slow down now.

kjhip1
05-12-2017, 02:46 AM
if Simmons plays anything like he did this series against the warriors, it only adds to the Spurs ability to extend the series. Everyone has to show up and kawhi hopefully is at least 90-100% healthy. Spurs I think can steal game or game 2. Take of those games and this series could get really intriguing. Everything I've seen so far has us losing in 4 or 5. Regardless, this team has fight in them and I don't think they'll lay down for no team.

apalisoc_9
05-12-2017, 02:52 AM
Pop played with one big for a decent amount of time in games 2, 5 and six so I won't be surprised to see this lineup.

Pop will start with two bigs and eventually transition from one big and 3 wings plus patty.

TheGreatYacht
05-12-2017, 03:03 AM
That's absolutely the best lineup to go with.

Aldridge on Pachulia (duh)
Leonard on Green (best playmaker)
Simmons on Durant (Danny can't, plus has exp vs ref baiters)
Green on Curry (worked in 2013)
Mills on Thompson (live with it)

Play Boban
05-12-2017, 03:35 AM
We can't go small and beat GS TBH. Dumb idea. Go big or go home.

james evans
05-12-2017, 03:46 AM
don't hold your breath. he's gonna start with Gasol and Aldridge,. He'll switch it up when his back is against the ropes as usual

cd021
05-12-2017, 04:47 AM
Or is going big the better way?

Simmons on Curry
Patty on Thompson
Danny on Durant
Leonard on Green
LMA on Zaza/Javale

Danny has defended KD reasonably well in the past and I was really impressed by Sims D on Harden.

The biggest issue I see with that theoretical lineup is the blow to the bench. We can't rely on Manu bringing it every night or Murray being the bench energizer.

Yeah, I really think that could actually work. Same with the defensive assignments too. Doubt Pop would actually go with it without the Spurs getting in a hole.

Leonard guarding Raymond makes plenty of sense because of the switching capabilities ( Leonard switching onto Curry doing 1/4 P&R's with Simmons being able to cover Green) and him being able to help off him when he's playing off ball and out of the paint.

Aldridge's offensive game was pretty inconsistent but his offensive rebounding was a big asset. He grabbed 3.6 Offensive Rebounds in 32 minutes a game (over 4 per 36 minutes). The spacing on on offense with Mills, Green, and Leonard should allow for him to continue to crash the offensive glass.

Simmons playing great; his ability to handle the ball, attack off the dribble, and be a pest defensive has been very effective.

Green had a solid series against HOU; his make plays off the dribble has been a surprising plus, he also shot 40% from 3 and played good defense.

Minutes breakdown

Mills-Murray 36/12
Green-Manu- 32/16
Simmons-Manu-Anderson- 32/8/8
Leonard-Anderson-40/8
Aldridge-Gasol-36/12

cd021
05-12-2017, 04:57 AM

Agreed.

Leonard can switch onto Curry allowing the Spurs to defend the 1/4 p&r without having to trap, a big plus.

r0drig0lac
05-12-2017, 06:21 AM

Chinook
05-12-2017, 06:43 AM
Agreed.

Leonard can switch onto Curry allowing the Spurs to defend the 1/4 p&r without having to trap, a big plus.

I like Simmons on Curry then. That would allow Danny to play on the weakside (where his shot-blocking is most useful), and I like Simmons guarding Draymond on the switch a lot more than Danny.

In reality, we aren't likely to see anyone go up and down the floor with just one player all the time. Too many good options on GS for the Spurs to focus on one or two guys.

Anyway, Danny can defend Durant just fine. Completely shut KD down in 2014.

Diego20
05-12-2017, 07:01 AM
Mills can't guard Thompson :depressed

TampaDude
05-12-2017, 07:26 AM
Doesn't matter...we're going to get swept by GS...

szkorhetz
05-12-2017, 07:30 AM
Guys, don't forget that fact that the Warriors aren't coached by Kerr anymore. Good old Brown is at the wheel. Huge advantage for us, TBH.

Keepin' it real
05-12-2017, 07:30 AM
Could a starting lineup of PM/JS/DG/KL/LMA work against GS?

https://68.media.tumblr.com/ba6e7623fede31b3d47865919adf9c1e/tumblr_inline_omv0xxHGhP1t9gbre_500.gif