PDA

View Full Version : Conservative morons running Texas

RandomGuy
05-12-2017, 11:53 AM
CNN)Debate about a bill before the Texas House about improving care for foster children quickly broke down into a heated argument about vaccinations on Wednesday, with one of the state's most conservative lawmakers saying vaccines weren't important for public health.

The anti-vaccination forces ultimately won, voting to bar doctors from vaccinating foster children during initial examinations. When one Republican tried to get an exemption for the human papillomavirus vaccine, tempers flared.

The vote signified a major victory for the growing influence of the tiny but well-funded anti-vaccination crowd in Texas, one political observer said.

"It's analogous to a very tiny tail wagging a very massive dog," said Mark Jones, a political science professor at Rice University. "The anti-vax forces are a tiny group that holds an exceptionally minority position on the effectiveness of the vaccinations but are influencing public policy."

The debate came after Rep. Gene Wu, D-Houston, introduced a bill to reform the state's foster care system. Wu seemed surprised when conservatives questioned him about a provision requiring foster children to get prompt exams from doctors to determine whether they've been abused, neglected or abandoned.
"Is it your legislative intent to allow them to force vaccinations with this?" asked Rep. Tony Tinderholt, R-Arlington.

"My legislative intent is to allow doctors to make decisions that they feel are medically necessary," Wu said.
Rep. Bill Zedler, vice chairman of the ultraconservative Texas Freedom Caucus, then introduced an amendment to prevent doctors from giving vaccines to foster children during the exams, saying the measure "would protect children from medical procedures that are not pertinent to their immediate medical needs."
He said the state should not overrule parental rights in such cases. Soon, he was being questioned by Tinderholt -- a Q&A between two of the state's staunchest conservatives.
"If your amendment is not passed, could this potentially be dangerous to some of these children?" Tinderholt asked.
"That's exactly right.," Zedler said.
The questions ended when Rep. Armando Walle, D-Houston, took the microphone. He questioned Zedler's motives and wondered why he was injecting a vaccine debate into a bill about reforming child services.
"You would agree that a vaccination is important for the public health -- for the general public health?" Walle asked.
"No, I would not agree with that," Zedler shot back.
"Why wouldn't you?" Walle asked.
Zedler: "Because ..."
Walle: "So you don't think vaccinations are important?"
"Because the vaccination is only for that child -- to protect that child," Zedler said.
Walle interrupted: "But the vaccination is not just to protect that child, obviously, but also to protect the public from spreading of diseases that can be deadly. Is that not correct?"
"Well, no," Zedler said.

How many people have to literally die before conservative anti-vaxxers realize they are wrong?

This is what happens when you start forming public policy on things other than evidence and science.

RandomGuy
05-12-2017, 11:54 AM
http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/11/health/texas-house-vaccinations/

D_Admiral
05-13-2017, 09:10 AM
Op fails to mention elected democrat officals living in san antonio that believe vaccinations cause autism. (Nico lahood)

But yeah its only republican mornons running texas thst velieve vaccinations do not help..

boutons_deux
05-13-2017, 10:16 AM
Ideology, like religion, trumps life, science, facts, everything

mavsfan1000
05-13-2017, 02:19 PM
You're a moron. I love Texas.

TeyshaBlue
05-13-2017, 04:16 PM
There's an odd counter skein running beneath all this. Remember the Rick Perry HPV mandatory vaccination clusterfuck?

Will Hunting
05-13-2017, 05:43 PM
The vaccinations cause autism movement is retarded no matter what party it's coming from, tbh.

SnakeBoy
05-13-2017, 07:27 PM
Anti vaccine sentiment is just as prevalent on the left. It also exists all over the globe and has since the 1700's but yeah RG...GOP bad.

Spurminator
05-13-2017, 08:16 PM
Anti-vaccines may be bi-partisan when it comes to the lunatic fringe who hold those views, but there's only one political party openly catering to those people at the moment.

FuzzyLumpkins
05-13-2017, 09:59 PM
Anti-vaccines may be bi-partisan when it comes to the lunatic fringe who hold those views, but there's only one political party openly catering to those people at the moment.

Yeah when Jill Stein tried to cater to that crowd she was slapped down pretty hard.

Once the guy with the sole study admitted his science was shit for the most part that ship sailed. I still have some girlfriends who buy it though.

TSA
05-13-2017, 10:16 PM
I still have some girlfriends who buy it though.

:lmao

Monostradamus
05-13-2017, 11:05 PM
Liberal anti-vaxxers are coming from a place of genuine stupidity.
Conservative anti-vaxxers are coming from a place of morally bankrupt politics.

I'm not sure which is worse tbh.

RandomGuy
05-15-2017, 12:02 PM
Op fails to mention elected democrat officals living in san antonio that believe vaccinations cause autism. (Nico lahood)

But yeah its only republican mornons running texas thst velieve vaccinations do not help..

Indeed, there are moron Democrats who believe that.

They don't control any branch of government. All 3 branches in Texas are run by people with the magic "R" behind their names.

RandomGuy
05-15-2017, 12:03 PM
Liberal anti-vaxxers are coming from a place of genuine stupidity.
Conservative anti-vaxxers are coming from a place of morally bankrupt politics.

I'm not sure which is worse tbh.

That would depend on which is easier to cure someone of, IMO.

D_Admiral
05-15-2017, 01:09 PM
Indeed, there are moron Democrats who believe that.

They don't control any branch of government. All 3 branches in Texas are run by people with the magic "R" behind their names.

Do you belive vaccinations should be compelled by force?

If so, and parents choose not to, whats the punishment?

D_Admiral
05-15-2017, 01:18 PM
There's an odd counter skein running beneath all this. Remember the Rick Perry HPV mandatory vaccination clusterfuck?

Yea i remember that one, van de putte voted against

boutons_deux
05-15-2017, 01:25 PM
mandatory HPV scandal was yet again, BigPharma corrupting the corrupt Perry.

Had NOTHING to do with science or health, only about enriching Perry's BigDonor.

D_Admiral
05-15-2017, 01:28 PM
mandatory HPV scandal was yet again, BigPharma corrupting the corrupt Perry.

Had NOTHING to do with science or health, only about enriching Perry's BigDonor.

Are you against hpv vaccinations?

RandomGuy
05-15-2017, 03:12 PM
Do you belive vaccinations should be compelled by force?

If so, and parents choose not to, whats the punishment?

Not really, although a case can be made that people who don't are actively endangering the rest of us.

If parents choose not to, then simply make them pay for their kids education elsewhere, i.e. a tax penalty.

unleashbaynes
05-16-2017, 03:32 AM
Anti vaxxers should be euthanized for the good of humanity, imo, fwiw.

boutons_deux
05-16-2017, 06:29 AM
Not really, although a case can be made that people who don't are actively endangering the rest of us.

If parents choose not to, then simply make them pay for their kids education elsewhere, i.e. a tax penalty.

Any mandatory vaccines should be provided FREE, and any kid sickened, injured, or killed by mandatory vaccines (it happens) to be compensated by BigPharma (not taxpayers)

boutons_deux
05-16-2017, 04:42 PM
Texas Republicans ignore security threat in Oval Office, propose to criminalize immigrants instead (http://www.dailykos.com/stories/2017/5/16/1662892/-Texas-Republicans-ignore-security-threat-in-Oval-Office-propose-to-criminalize-immigrants-instead)

two Texas Republicans would still like you know that the real security threat to the nation isn’t his Orangeness and those thin loose lips, but (https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/social-issues/gop-lawmakers-crafting-tough-immigration-bill--but-not-tough-enough-critics-say/2017/05/16/c60b5c26-39bb-11e7-8854-21f359183e8c_story.html?utm_term=.4b0139a748e7)tho se “bad hombre” brown folks (https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/social-issues/gop-lawmakers-crafting-tough-immigration-bill--but-not-tough-enough-critics-say/2017/05/16/c60b5c26-39bb-11e7-8854-21f359183e8c_story.html?utm_term=.4b0139a748e7):

Two key GOP lawmakers are crafting a bill that would

punish sanctuary cities,

force parents of undocumented teens to wear electronic ankle monitors so their children don’t skip deportation hearings, and

establish five-year minimum prison sentences for immigrants who illegally re-enter the United States after having been deported,

according to a congressional aide and a draft of the legislation obtained by The Washington Post.

The bill by Sen. John Cornyn (R-Tex.) and Rep. Michael McCaul (R-Tex.), which was still being reworked on Monday, also would

increase detention space and

boost the number of immigration judges on the border to speed deportations.

There’s a reason why the shameless senator from Texas was bestowed with the “Biggest Hypocrite on Immigration” award (http://americasvoice.org/blog/sen-_john_cornyn_r-tx_wins_biggest_hypocrite/) by immigrant rights group America’s Voice several years ago.

Cornyn’s history is littered with nice remarks about wanting to fix our broken immigration system, all the while politicizing the nameless migrants who died crossing the U.S./Mexico border in search of better lives

by filming an ad at their graves (https://thinkprogress.org/gop-senator-exploits-immigrant-deaths-to-oppose-immigration-reform-b81486fba35d).
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2017/5/16/1662892/-Texas-Republicans-ignore-security-threat-in-Oval-Office-propose-to-criminalize-immigrants-instead?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+dailykos%2Findex+%28Daily+Kos %29

Ethnic cleansing in TX, and racist/xenophobe Sessions is executing ethnic/racial cleansing at the national level

Nice fucking country.

TX Repugs and the assholes who elect them FUCKING SUCK.

Blake
05-22-2017, 05:51 PM
"the Texas House of Representatives approved a limited "bathroom bill" that would require public high school students to use restrooms that match the gender on their birth certificates. The measure now goes back to the Senate, which previously approved a broader version mandating that standard for everyone using public restrooms.

Abbott had made the issue a priority for the legislative session. Meanwhile, Texas lawmakers also have proposed bills or amendments allowing "religious liberty" exemptions for lawyers, pharmacists and nurses.

Opponents of the bills, who say they target vulnerable children, are outraged. One critic on Twitter called it "discrimination Sunday."

The battle, and the rhetoric, should only heat up before the legislative session ends next week."

Blake
05-22-2017, 05:54 PM
Yah morons

ducks
05-22-2017, 05:57 PM
The vaccinations cause autism movement is retarded no matter what party it's coming from, tbh.

my son is allegic to oats because of vaccinations

Will Hunting
05-22-2017, 06:00 PM
I might be convinced if you said that vaccinations are what gave you autism.

baseline bum
05-22-2017, 06:08 PM

That's scary

Blake
05-22-2017, 06:33 PM

Says who? You or a doctor?

monosylab1k
05-22-2017, 06:52 PM

He's also not getting polio because of vaccinations, so shut the fuck up.

ducks
05-22-2017, 07:07 PM
Says who? You or a doctor?

dr told me I am not a dr

ducks
05-22-2017, 07:12 PM
He's also not getting polio because of vaccinations, so shut the fuck up. are you a doctor? people get a cold or flu even if you get the shot!

they are some good vacciantions and some bad

They get carried away with the vaccinations these days. If they worked so well why are more people sick today then before. I am for some but not all.

monosylab1k
05-22-2017, 07:14 PM
are you a doctor? people get a cold or flu even if you get the shot!

they are some good vacciantions and some bad

They get carried away with the vaccinations these days. If they worked so well why are more people sick today then before. I am for some but not all.

:lmao NOBODY VACCINATED GETS FUCKING POLIO OR THE MEASLES OR THE MUMPS, YOU STUPID FUCKING MORON.

boutons_deux
05-22-2017, 07:18 PM
:lmao NOBODY VACCINATED GETS FUCKING POLIO OR THE MEASLES OR THE MUMPS, YOU STUPID FUCKING MORON.

"nobody" is not true. vaccination failures, even vaccines causing the targeted disease, occur. iow, they simply aren't perfect.

monosylab1k
05-22-2017, 07:24 PM
"nobody" is not true. vaccination failures, even vaccines causing the targeted disease, occur. iow, they simply aren't perfect.

Oh, well thanks for clarifying that all vaccines don't work 100% of the time. Maybe now you can go nitpick about someone saying the sky is blue "Well technically no it isn't..."

Adam Lambert
05-22-2017, 07:26 PM
finally weve found something retarded enough for ducks and boutons to agree on

ducks
05-22-2017, 07:43 PM
why did universities have whooping cough and a run on the chicken pox?

Will Hunting
05-22-2017, 08:50 PM
finally weve found something retarded enough for ducks and boutons to agree on

:lol I was just thinking this

leemajors
05-23-2017, 11:31 AM
They passed this bullshit too:

https://www.brewersassociation.org/current-issues/stand-texas-craft-brewers-oppose-house-bill-3287/

Now breweries with taprooms have to give distributors a cut of what they sell onsite. How this helps small business I can't even begin to comprehend. The beer never leaves the site, yet they have to pay a distributor.

boutons_deux
05-23-2017, 11:35 AM
They passed this bullshit too:

https://www.brewersassociation.org/current-issues/stand-texas-craft-brewers-oppose-house-bill-3287/

Now breweries with taprooms have to give distributors a cut of what they sell onsite. How this helps small business I can't even begin to comprehend. The beer never leaves the site, yet they have to pay a distributor.

holy fucking wow, the distributors will get HUGE ROI for having purchased TX Congress

More evidence that the political class is 100% corrupt

boutons_deux
05-23-2017, 11:43 AM
free market :lol