PDA

View Full Version : Kawhi-Danny-Juice

FkLA
05-12-2017, 01:46 PM
We always thought we matched up pretty well with them bc we had WingStop to throw at their light-skinned bros. Then they got KD. But if Juice can continue his defensive play, the team still has the horses to make Durbeta-Steph-Klaynus work hard for their points. I wouldn't mind cutting back some of MVPaddy's minutes in favor of this. Trying not to get my hopes up too high but man I'm looking forward to those match-ups, tbh.

Chinook
05-12-2017, 01:51 PM
The question is has Wingstop really opened a third location, or was that just a flash in the pan

RD2191
05-12-2017, 01:57 PM
Spurs can't play Mills against the Dubs starters, we'd get swept. Need to go with a no PG line up.

NASpurs
05-12-2017, 01:59 PM
Spurs can't play Mills against the Dubs starters, we'd get swept. Need to go with a no PG line up.

Livingston would also kill him for that matter. Is Mills playable against the Dubs?

Chinook
05-12-2017, 02:00 PM
Livingston would also kill him for that matter. Is Mills playable against the Dubs?

Of course he is. Imagine having Curry, Klay, Durant and Donkey Teeth on the court and the same time but choosing to have Livingston post up Mills instead.

dabom
05-12-2017, 02:01 PM
The harrison barnes effect. :lol

NASpurs
05-12-2017, 02:03 PM
Of course he is. Imagine having Curry, Klay, Durant and Donkey Teeth on the court and the same time but choosing to have Livingston post up Mills instead.

The harrison barnes effect. :lol

:lol I had forgotten about the Harrison Barnes bait. Good times.

Chinook
05-12-2017, 02:07 PM
:lol I had forgotten about the Harrison Barnes bait. Good times.

Exactly. dabom gets it. Same thing if Mills starts and Klay is posting up. Even if Thompson is successful, the Warriors will get stuck playing the Spurs' pace. The easiest way to design a defense is to create a known weakpoint and build around it

HarlemHeat37
05-12-2017, 02:09 PM
Exactly. dabom gets it. Same thing if Mills starts and Klay is posting up. Even if Thompson is successful, the Warriors will get stuck playing the Spurs' pace. The easiest way to design a defense is to create a known weakpoint and build around it

Not to mention Thompson has never dominated the Spurs through the post(or in general, he doesn't have many good games vs. SA)..he's also a very poor playmaker with tunnel vision..

Really, anything that takes the ball out of Curry and Durant's hands would be a victory for the Spurs, tbh..I'm more worried about the Spurs' offense, though..

objective
05-12-2017, 02:10 PM
If they can keep Simmons while adding Hanga, and development from Murray, then they can really start cooking teams defensively.

Seventyniner
05-12-2017, 02:29 PM
If Simmons can consistently be a plus defender I absolutely expect to see a lot of this trio, especially because Parker is injured. Against certain Warrior lineups the Spurs could go big with these three and two bigs, but most of the time I would expect to see them with Aldridge and Mills.

Aldridge/Leonard/Green/Simmons/Ginobili is the best switch-everything lineup. Not sure how much of it we'll see but it's a distinct possibility.

tholdren
05-12-2017, 03:53 PM

true

spurraider21
05-12-2017, 03:55 PM
Last time when klay was abusing ginobili you weren't singing the same tune

MaNu4Tres
05-12-2017, 04:07 PM
Spurs are simply a better defensive team without Parker. No doubt in my mind about that.

Warriors would have exploited the hell out of TP. Spurs have a better chance without him.. tbh

That was the silver lining in his injury.

ErnestLynch
05-12-2017, 04:10 PM
We always thought we matched up pretty well with them bc we had WingStop to throw at their light-skinned bros. Then they got KD. But if Juice can continue his defensive play, the team still has the horses to make Durbeta-Steph-Klaynus work hard for their points. I wouldn't mind cutting back some of MVPaddy's minutes in favor of this. Trying not to get my hopes up too high but man I'm looking forward to those match-ups, tbh.

Simmons 'thing' is his defense. THAT is why he's out there. If anyone thinks for a second that Danny Greens defense is anything but atrocious 90% of the time they're dreaming. If he's not hitting 3's, honestly, he's near worthless. We shall see. Maybe the fire catches him. Not him 'catching fire' the fire 'catching him'. Get it ?

Chinook
05-12-2017, 04:11 PM
Last time when klay was abusing ginobili you weren't singing the same tune

If the Spurs are going to start Manu, things are gonna be weird.

And yes, I wasn't upset that Klay was scoring. I was upset that folks wanted to move Manu off Klay. That's the failure point for the defense. They can't overreact to it.

ErnestLynch
05-12-2017, 04:15 PM
Parker prime was awesome but doing what he does take a toll. I swear he spend as much time on the floor being beat down in the paint as he did upright.
A great 'warrior' for the Spurs, as we all know. As I said b4, fitting he was carried out of the gym by his team-mates in what may be his last moment in the NBA. He rode it till the end.
Much love for TP.

Last bullet in the last war, as any good soldier should die. He was a good soldier.

ErnestLynch
05-12-2017, 04:16 PM
If the Spurs are going to start Manu, things are gonna be weird.

Ain't gonna happen so...

Trainwreck2100
05-12-2017, 04:17 PM
you just posted this, and they're already in foul trouble

DMC
05-12-2017, 04:36 PM
We'll have to see the 1st game to know anything. Mills could be just fine against a team that wants to double Kawhi.

SAGirl
05-12-2017, 07:05 PM
you just posted this, and they're already in foul trouble
this was a good joke... such a nice unexpected change of pace too. I was engaged in all this strategy and this joke truly made me laugh.
One of spurstalk jewels are the jokes :tu

therealtruth
05-12-2017, 10:26 PM
A crazy thought would be to start Simmons to matchup defensively. That gives you 3 wing stoppers you can switch around.

Chews
05-12-2017, 10:29 PM
I've been wanting to see this lineup start. I would make a thread about it but nobody would read past the first sentence probably :lol

Chews
05-12-2017, 10:32 PM
If Simmons can consistently be a plus defender I absolutely expect to see a lot of this trio, especially because Parker is injured. Against certain Warrior lineups the Spurs could go big with these three and two bigs, but most of the time I would expect to see them with Aldridge and Mills.

Aldridge/Leonard/Green/Simmons/Ginobili is the best switch-everything lineup. Not sure how much of it we'll see but it's a distinct possibility.

I'd like to replace Ginobili with Dedmon on that lineup. Ginobili gets beat quite a bit on defense and would probably be overpowered against anyone other than Curry. Stay big - switch everything lineup. I like it.

05-12-2017, 11:17 PM
If you start Simmons it messes up the bench imo

I like Mills-Manu-Simmons because simmons can sort of help mills and manu on defense and recover to his man

Chinook
05-12-2017, 11:25 PM
Have Manu check Livingston and Murray guard whoever's left. There's no Patty to exploit on the bench this time.

RodNIc91
05-13-2017, 02:07 PM
Spurs are simply a better defensive team without Parker. No doubt in my mind about that.

Warriors would have exploited the hell out of TP. Spurs have a better chance without him.. tbh

That was the silver lining in his injury.

I also think the silver lining was that it gave a higher ceiling to the team, since everyone had to step up their game. It meant Simmons and Anderson, Manu and Patty, and even Murray had to play (better). It was sink or swim and swim they did. Big time. Now they are oozing with confidence heading into the series, which is a big part of playoff basketball.

duncan2k5
05-13-2017, 02:09 PM

duncan2k5
05-13-2017, 02:11 PM
we need to play big against them...take away their klay/livingston post ups against our pgs

james evans
05-14-2017, 07:38 AM
cmon now, we all know Popovich is starting Gasol and Aldridge

DPG21920
05-14-2017, 07:57 AM
Luckily MEM was a good defensive test. Because HOU sucks there and GS defense is legit. The offense is more of a concern IMO than SA defense although both are obviously issues against an all time great team.