PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Heat Finals v 2017 Warriors WCF

Austin_Toros
05-12-2017, 08:24 PM
Which series will prove to be more difficult for the Spurs and why?

Many didn't think the Spurs had a chance to beat the Heat in 2013, but they almost won. I hope the Spurs can pull off an upset against the Warriors.

Uriel
05-12-2017, 08:26 PM
That's a good question.

I think the 2017 Warriors are better than the 2013 Heat. And with Leonard and Parker injured, the 2013 Spurs were probably better than the 2017 Spurs are currently.

That said, we couldn't beat the Heat that year, so we almost certainly won't be able to beat the Warriors this year. Warriors in 5.

SAGirl
05-12-2017, 08:31 PM
Maybe there is some recency bias. I wasn't as hardcore a fan in 2013 and I was surprised to see the Spurs get to the finals that season. Ginobili looked done.. anyways "it still hurts":depressed
This GSW is epically massive in talent, playoff tested having had several runs with the same core and coming off epic regular season victories.
The Spurs are not only still old, but they are also injured. They have an MVP caliber player in his prime so that made up for a lot. They also have youth and upside but said youth is not battle tested in the playoffs or reliable as much, but the upside is already showing.
Overall completely different team and situation, but I think 2017 is more daunting taking into account injuries... and lack of continuity in some players in the rotation, (whether bc of new players added in the offseason or bc of youth just now developing into roles).
(and there is no Tim)

spurraider21
05-12-2017, 08:34 PM
2017 warriors...

the spurs were pretty evenly matched with the heat in 2013... and that proved to be the case. game 6 went to OT, game 7 was down to the wire.

the warriors are clear favorites and spurs have to do something truly miraculous to win

HarlemHeat37
05-12-2017, 08:47 PM
Warriors are far better than any of those Heat teams, probably not even close IMO..

Spurs matched up very well with those Heat teams, too..Miami's swarming style of defense played right into the hands of the Spurs' offense..

This will be the most difficult matchup for the Spurs since Shaq/Kobe in 2001 and 2002..

Spurtacular
05-13-2017, 01:29 AM
2013 Finals wasn't that hard. Spurs gave the fucking Heat that series. The 2013 Series vs. the Warriors was the difficult one, tbh. Mark Jackson's shitty coaching saved the Spurs.