PDA

View Full Version : LOL Morey and D'Antoni

Spurtacular
05-13-2017, 01:51 AM
Assholes were so sure they were the smartest guys in the room. But Spurs just used their refusal to shoot mid range shots against them to relatively easily win four of five games and send their sorry asses packing.

BillMc
05-13-2017, 01:54 AM
This is true

Blackjack
05-13-2017, 02:02 AM
Spurs' favorite snack food is Pringles, tbh.

TheGreatYacht
05-13-2017, 10:53 AM
Analytics and TS% took yet another L.

sananspursfan21
05-13-2017, 10:55 AM
5-0!!!!!

DMC
05-13-2017, 10:58 AM
Still waiting for the axe to fall on Mike. This beatdown they suffered sent shockwaves and something will have to change so the ownership can show they are "fixing" things.

Spurtacular
05-13-2017, 07:56 PM
:lmao D'Antoni going even smaller in Game 6, using Capella and Ariza to guard Gasol and LMA.

Spurtacular
05-13-2017, 07:57 PM
Still waiting for the axe to fall on Mike. This beatdown they suffered sent shockwaves and something will have to change so the ownership can show they are "fixing" things.

That won't happen this offseason. Morey won't do that until his job is in jeopardy; and he doesn't want to admit that his strategy is a failure in the meantime.

baseline bum
05-13-2017, 07:58 PM
Assholes were so sure they were the smartest guys in the room. But Spurs just used their refusal to shoot mid range shots against them to relatively easily win four of five games and send their sorry asses packing.

Game 5 was relatively easy?

Trainwreck2100
05-13-2017, 08:00 PM
I don't know why you're laughing, it worked cause the big men were playing like shit

Spurtacular
05-13-2017, 08:02 PM
Game 5 was relatively easy?

Spurs 4 wins coming by an average of 22 points.

:lmao Today's ST idiot.

baseline bum
05-13-2017, 08:11 PM

I wasn't talking about their four wins. I was talking about Game 5.

Spurtacular
05-13-2017, 08:15 PM
I wasn't talking about their four wins. I was talking about Game 5.

But relatively easily referred to all those games. Game 5 was the close one, hence the use of the word relatively. Try to catch up.

Spurtacular
05-13-2017, 08:16 PM
:lmao When has Lou Williams ever been the answer?

tholdren
05-13-2017, 08:26 PM
Analytics and TS% took yet another L.

but but but advanced stats makes me understand basketball - chinook

DMC
05-13-2017, 09:12 PM
That won't happen this offseason. Morey won't do that until his job is in jeopardy; and he doesn't want to admit that his strategy is a failure in the meantime.

He just got beat down by half of the Spurs starters and scrubs, by 40 points at home in a closeout game in the 2nd round of the NBA playoffs. He doesn't have to admit anything.

DMC
05-13-2017, 09:20 PM

Prior to game 6, Spurs had scored 537 points, Rockets 550. So Rockets had outscored the Spurs by an average of 2.6 ppg.

Tell us again how that anomaly of a game 6 skewed the average and made all the games easy, Jimmer felcher.

FuzzyLumpkins
05-13-2017, 10:07 PM
:lmao When has Lou Williams ever been the answer?

But with him, Eric Gordon, and Trevor Ariza on the floor the Rockets have 4 playmakers on the court at once!

And the spurs are piling up minutes!

How about that pace, Marv!

Mr. Body
05-13-2017, 10:13 PM
Prior to game 6, Spurs had scored 537 points, Rockets 550. So Rockets had outscored the Spurs by an average of 2.6 ppg.

Tell us again how that anomaly of a game 6 skewed the average and made all the games easy, Jimmer felcher.

Until the Spurs managed to turn it around near the end of Game 5, they were close to losing it. Lose that, they probably lose the series. This was much closer than people are saying.

DMC
05-13-2017, 10:19 PM
But with him, Eric Gordon, and Trevor Ariza on the floor the Rockets have 4 playmakers on the court at once!

You're the Reggie Miller of Spurstalk if Reggie was Gay.

FuzzyLumpkins
05-13-2017, 10:28 PM
Until the Spurs managed to turn it around near the end of Game 5, they were close to losing it. Lose that, they probably lose the series. This was much closer than people are saying.

Once Nene went down and they went to that 7 man rotation I really think it was just a matter of time until the Rockets ran out of gas. Their transition game evaporated.

therealtruth
05-13-2017, 10:29 PM

That's actually a good sign. Alot of the championship years the Spurs had games/series where it looked like things weren't going well then they show some resolve and fight back to regain control. If they can show the same level of fight in the next series I think it may go different than many people expect it to go.

Spurtacular
05-14-2017, 01:24 PM
He just got beat down by half of the Spurs starters and scrubs, by 40 points at home in a closeout game in the 2nd round of the NBA playoffs. He doesn't have to admit anything.

He'll be the same arrogant fuck is the point.

Spurtacular
05-14-2017, 01:25 PM

Tell us again how that anomaly of a game 6 skewed the average and made all the games easy.

Game 1 was a feel out game. If 4 out of 5 wins, 3 of them blowouts, 2 of those on the road (including the closeout game by 39) is not relatively easy, then I don't what to tell you.

Spurtacular
05-14-2017, 01:30 PM
But with him (Lou Williams), Eric Gordon, and Trevor Ariza on the floor the Rockets have 4 playmakers on the court at once!

:lol

DMC
05-14-2017, 01:53 PM
Game 1 was a feel out game. If 4 out of 5 wins, 3 of them blowouts, 2 of those on the road (including the closeout game by 39) is not relatively easy, then I don't what to tell you.

Are you disagreeing with the numbers I posted? The argument was about game 5. Now you're using hindsight as a guide.

Spurtacular
05-14-2017, 01:57 PM
Are you disagreeing with the numbers I posted? The argument was about game 5. Now you're using hindsight as a guide.

I don't need to disagree with your superficial numbers. The day three blowouts in five games in the course of closing out a series a game early is not relatively easy is probably the day the term has no meaning. And hindsight? What kind of stupid point are you trying to make? Of course this kind of analysis is after the fact.

Prose
05-14-2017, 02:03 PM
a lot of people were picking Houston which i could somewhat see going into the series, but that sad thing for Houston is we have injuries to our clearly top 3 players: parker (out game 3,4,5,6) Kawahi (ankle (out game 5/6) knee) and LMA (playing injured the whole series). While they only had injuries to Nene who isnt even a starter. Also if you listen to Zack Lowes latest podcast with Sam Amick, who was embedded with rockets coaching staff during the series, he talks about the lack of control dantoni has over harden and disagreements they have over substitution patterns. Something like they would never happen with pop

DMC
05-14-2017, 02:15 PM
I don't need to disagree with your superficial numbers. The day three blowouts in five games in the course of closing out a series a game early is not relatively easy is probably the day the term has no meaning. And hindsight? What kind of stupid point are you trying to make? Of course this kind of analysis is after the fact.

You said game 5 was easy.

Why are you moving the goalposts?

Spurtacular
05-14-2017, 02:26 PM
You said game 5 was easy.

Why are you moving the goalposts?

Never said that. You're the idiot moving the goalposts.