PDA

View Full Version : First time I've believed Spurs were underdogs in a series since......

Spurtacular
05-13-2017, 03:07 AM
(In my personal opinion) This GS series is the first time I've believed Spurs were underdogs in a series since..... 03 Semis Vs Lakers, tbh.

I do have some hope b/c GS's bench is suspect and our guys' confidence is pretty high right now.

TampaDude
05-13-2017, 03:50 AM
We're going to get swept. Deal with it.

Rummpd
05-13-2017, 05:03 AM

Not happening. Spurs in 6 - there is only ball and Spurs will shut down at least a couple of GS shooters. Spurs can also go small effectively, and match up well across the board. They deserve to be underdogs but are winning this series.

Emperor
05-13-2017, 05:16 AM
Simmons and Murray gonna add that crucial speed and athleticism that we need to compete with them. That is however if Pop gives Murray some increased minutes. But with Warriors defense, those 3's from Green/Mills might not come as easy as it did against the Rockets.

Spurtacular
05-13-2017, 05:49 AM

Spurs have been swept twice in the Pop era; 01 against the Lakers and 10 against the Mavericks. So, I suppose it's possible; though, I doubt the Spurs won't find a way to win a game against a team like the Warriors who over rely on jump shots and have a weak bench. I'm not sure why I need to "deal with it" though when the damn OP was about the Spurs being underdogs. Are you just that shitty at trolling?

lefty20
05-13-2017, 07:11 AM
Spurs have been swept twice in the Pop era; 01 against the Lakers and 10 against the Mavericks. So, I suppose it's possible; though, I doubt the Spurs won't find a way to win a game against a team like the Warriors who over rely on jump shots and have a weak bench. I'm not sure why I need to "deal with it" though when the damn OP was about the Spurs being underdogs. Are you just that shitty at trolling?

u wot m8? Tripod Hill's baseline floater would disagree. It was the post Mike Antoni Suns that swept us with Dragic, Frye, Dudley and crew all going ham.

SPURt
05-13-2017, 07:14 AM
I think people forget that 2013 saw the Spurs as huge underdogs in the Finals with tons of sweep or 5 predictions favoring the Heat. Lebron had just won his first chip the year before and people were acting like it was going to be championships every year. Then the Spurs tragically made it a series. Thank goodness for 2014.

urunobili
05-13-2017, 07:44 AM
GSW in 6 is the ceiling...

Mr. Body
05-13-2017, 08:42 AM
I think people forget that 2013 saw the Spurs as huge underdogs in the Finals with tons of sweep or 5 predictions favoring the Heat. Lebron had just won his first chip the year before and people were acting like it was going to be championships every year. Then the Spurs tragically made it a series. Thank goodness for 2014.

Great point. Heat were the media darlings, same as the Warriors now. I find it hard to believe the Spurs have no chance, but it looks all uphill.

Keepin' it real
05-13-2017, 09:02 AM

I too refuse to acknowledge the 2010 series against the Suns.

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/915/895/559.jpg

BatManu20
05-13-2017, 10:43 AM
Still think we lose in 5 or 6 tbh. Would love nothing more than to be wrong and eat crow, but they have 4 All-Stars on that roster.. including the last 2 MVP Award winners, and this year's probable DPOY and 6th Man of the Year award winners.. they're absolutely stacked. And Draymond owns LMA psychologically. Always sucks against him, despite his major height advantage. And they have HCA. Just don't really see how we'd win this series, especially a Game 7 on the road.

sananspursfan21
05-13-2017, 10:57 AM
They'll make it interesting for sure. But yeah, Warriors in 6 tbh

sananspursfan21
05-13-2017, 10:58 AM
This is my first time actively and truthfully predicting Spurs loss in a series :depressed

Spurtacular
05-13-2017, 04:48 PM
u wot m8? Tripod Hill's baseline floater would disagree. It was the post Mike Antoni Suns that swept us with Dragic, Frye, Dudley and crew all going ham.

Yea, meant Suns. I think the Mavs reverse swept us somewhere in that proximate time frame, which is why I was thinking that.

Spurtacular
05-13-2017, 04:50 PM

Huge underdogs according to the slobbering media. I'm talking about how I personally have seen it each time.

Spurtacular
05-13-2017, 04:51 PM

:lol I just remember us just getting our asses kicked.

Horse
05-13-2017, 05:06 PM
EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!

james evans
05-13-2017, 08:02 PM
Spurs in 5

Spurtacular
05-13-2017, 08:07 PM
Spurs in 5

Spurs won 2 of 3 against GS. Average margin of victory was 26.5; and the third game they were up huge early, too. I try to temper that with the fact that it was regular season; but it's not like both teams don't bring a playoff intensity to those games. Still, I have to give the two-time WC champs the benefit of the doubt.

therealtruth
05-13-2017, 10:14 PM

The worst part it was right after beating the Mavs as a 7 seed. I still believe Pop not starting TP in game 1 might have cost the series. Nash mercilessly abused George Hill within the opening minutes and the series was a wrap after that.

weeks
05-14-2017, 02:50 AM
The average SF has no idea how much better GSW is than Houston.
This could get real ugly

BillMc
05-14-2017, 03:05 AM

Yep. We beat the Mavericks that year.

TampaDude
05-14-2017, 05:24 AM
The average SF has no idea how much better GSW is than Houston.
This could get real ugly

Yup...they STAAAAAAAAAACKED!!!

It will take a miraculous, herculean effort by the Spurs just to avoid getting swept.