PDA

View Full Version : put me on to steve perry and journey

Trill Clinton
05-13-2017, 08:57 AM
i was listening to my michael jackson playlist on youtube and when i got to the 'we are the world' vid this cacs voice caught my attention. i called my mother and she said that was steve perry. he can sing pretty good http://i67.tinypic.com/24edgk5.jpg

9AjkUyX0rVw

UZER
05-13-2017, 09:32 AM
Stevie Wonder :wow

Killed it.

DD
05-13-2017, 10:16 AM
Bruce Springsteen went dangerously cheesy on his verse

spurraider21
05-13-2017, 11:54 AM
Perry was pretty unique. One of the only in the rock world who could hold those high notes without going vibratto

SpursforSix
05-13-2017, 12:37 PM
Perry was pretty unique. One of the only in the rock world who could hold those high notes without going vibratto

Do you mean falsetto?

Avante
05-13-2017, 10:27 PM
A couple Steve Perry stories.

Me and a buddy used to drive from Visalia to Hanford and a bar called...El Ranchero. Huge dance floor and a lot of girls.

We'd stop and grab a Colt45 a piece for the drive over. I owned an MGB at that time, yep, top down.

So one night we are scoping out the candidates for Miss Tonight when in walks this little cat with hair down to his ass. It was as if everybody knew him. He kept shaking his head as the gang kept pushing him towards the bandstand. We are....huh????

Well after finally joining the band (pity their singer) he totally stunned the house. In a word....wow~~~ Yep, Steve Perry.

Perry was born in Hanford, but went to HS just down the road in Lemoore (Tommie Smith) he was tight with a cousin of mine who went to school with him.

So I go over to my cousin Gary's apartment in Hanford, he had some $$$$ he owed me.

Gary...guess who you just missed?
Avante...I give.
Gary...Steve Perry (by now he was a rock star)
Avante....you didn't tell him I was coming over?
Gary.....ha~~~

We went to the same JC COS in Visalia, different times.

I went to HS with Tommy Johnston of the Doobie Brothers, he was a couple classes ahead of me.

Blake
05-15-2017, 08:20 AM
I've never heard anyone belt it out like Steve Perry.

The dude they got from the Philippines to replace him is pretty close but still just not quite.

It's a damn shame his voice is basically shot now.

Xevious
05-15-2017, 09:11 AM
Steve Perry was awesome. The 80s had a lot of good rock vocalists.

DMC
05-17-2017, 06:52 PM
Do you mean falsetto?

ifyousayso

DMC
05-17-2017, 07:01 PM
1. Lionel Richie must be Danny Green's real father.
2. Who the fuck is the MJ Fox looking dweeb in the back with glasses?
3. :lol the other Jacksons
4. The day the music really died... looks like a group you'd see at a Starbucks in Austin.
5. I used to think Lauper was hot.
6. Kim Carnes as well
7. I can't watch Bruce sing without thinking he's fucking someone doggie style.
8. Worst singer in the group won a Nobel prize for Literature
9. Huey Lewis had no business there
10. Steve Perry (enough said).

spurraider21
05-18-2017, 02:00 AM
Do you mean falsetto?nah, vibratto. with most singers when they are holding their high notes, you can feel their voice oscillating. perry holds it clean, pretty unique

SpursforSix
05-18-2017, 11:17 AM
nah, vibratto. with most singers when they are holding their high notes, you can feel their voice oscillating. perry holds it clean, pretty unique

gotcha.