PDA

View Full Version : 2017 Warriors = 2012 Spurs?

SpursFanInAustin
05-13-2017, 09:34 AM
Has that same feeling as back then when the Spurs ended the season red hot on a 10-game winning streak and swept through the first two rounds against the young Utah Jazz and LA Clippers. I remember going into the Conference finals against the Thunder that year, Reggie Miller on TNT kept harping on the fact that the Spurs had it easy the first two rounds and had yet to be battle-tested, while the Thunder had to face the defending Champion Mavericks and Kobe Bryant and Pau Gasol LED Laker teams who had won the championship a couple seasons prior. This year it feels like the Spurs had a more difficult bracket than the Warriors where they had Faced young improving teams, the Spurs faced some experience teams in the postseason like the Grizzlies with Mike Conley, Zach Randolph, and Marc Gasol who play in the Conference Finals years ago. The Houston Rockets led by James Harden had been to the Conference Finals two years ago. So I feel like the Spurs are now battle-tested and had faced adversity to take on the PowerHouse known as Golden State, especially when the media has fawned over them as if they are unbeatable. I remember the media said the same thing about the Spurs in 2012.

ECOV
05-13-2017, 10:33 AM
Has that same feeling as back then when the Spurs ended the season red hot on a 10-game winning streak and swept through the first two rounds against the young Utah Jazz and LA Clippers. I remember going into the Conference finals against the Thunder that year, Reggie Miller on TNT kept harping on the fact that the Spurs had it easy the first two rounds and had yet to be battle-tested, while the Thunder had to face the defending Champion Mavericks and Kobe Bryant and Pau Gasol LED Laker teams who had won the championship a couple seasons prior. This year it feels like the Spurs had a more difficult bracket than the Warriors where they had Faced young improving teams, the Spurs faced some experience teams in the postseason like the Grizzlies with Mike Conley, Zach Randolph, and Marc Gasol who play in the Conference Finals years ago. The Houston Rockets led by James Harden had been to the Conference Finals two years ago. So I feel like the Spurs are now battle-tested and had faced adversity to take on the PowerHouse known as Golden State, especially when the media has fawned over them as if they are unbeatable. I remember the media said the same thing about the Spurs in 2012. My feeling exactly,in my opinion the spurs needed something like this to happen. The first and second round where a great test for spurs and great for getting us ready for the GSW. Not saying that Portland and Utah are horrible teams but they are no Memphis and Houston. It reminds me back in 2014 when they went to game 7 with the mavs and game 6 with the thunder. (Portland was a cake walk for us lol). this is no different , i dont know how the spurs will play against the GSW but the spurs ARE going to win the series

RGMCSE
05-13-2017, 10:58 AM
Am I wrong in thinking that the Rockettes helped us prepare defensively against a bevy of 3pt shooters? Could this carry over to this series and make it difficult for the worriers to get easy 3's?

CGD
05-13-2017, 10:59 AM
Nah, this warriors team is filthy loaded offensively and they play defense. Our only chance is the offensive glass and controlling the pace

Uriel
05-13-2017, 11:00 AM
Nah. The 2017 Warriors are way better.

SnakeBoy
05-13-2017, 07:56 PM
The first and second round where a great test for spurs and great for getting us ready for the GSW.

I was just thinking about this today. If you were to pick the two best opponents to prepare the Spurs for GSW it would been Memphis and the Rockettes.

therealtruth
05-13-2017, 11:18 PM
Am I wrong in thinking that the Rockettes helped us prepare defensively against a bevy of 3pt shooters? Could this carry over to this series and make it difficult for the worriers to get easy 3's?

Warriors are better at midrange and will actually take that or drive to the basket on the contest so it will be tougher in some ways.

Phenomanul
05-14-2017, 01:39 AM
Then the Thunder went on to lose to King James... I'm not liking the analogy... :lol :lol :lol

BillMc
05-14-2017, 02:07 AM
Then the Thunder went on to lose to King James... I'm not liking the analogy... :lol :lol :lol

:lolIf Spurs get by the DUBS, NO way they lose to Cavs. They'll smell blood.

tbdog
05-14-2017, 05:26 AM
Nah, this warriors team is filthy loaded offensively and they play defense. Our only chance is the offensive glass and controlling the pace

It is so scary to think of that. There are a few things that will need to work in our favour for us to win. That being said, that’s what happens every series.

The big three can never get ridiculously hot and have massive games. We cannot keep up offensively with that.
Their role players, Iggy, Livingston, Mcgee, West, and a lesser extent Green cannot have good games. They need to miss the shots we give them.
Manu, Simmons, Mills, and Green need to outscore Green and their role players by a healthy margin.
Because it doesn’t matter how supernova Leonard and Aldridge become, they wouldn’t be able to outscore their three scorers.