PDA

View Full Version : Aldridge didn't say this either time: "(I need) more) touches.." Y'all can't (quote)?

spursistan
05-13-2017, 03:05 PM
@ 20 sec post-game 6 vs Hou.."hee..hee..This is who I am..." :lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=490_3hxeccs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=490_3hxeccs

And this from today's practice..

Russo21
05-13-2017, 03:10 PM
The man is gonna earn every cent of his contract this round. The true LMAlpha is gonna beast.

KDKSpurs24
05-13-2017, 03:11 PM
Yeah when he kept mentioning touches I knew what he was getting at. What I don't like about what he is saying is that he seems like if he doesn't get any touches then he won't have a good game. That kind of mentality is toxic. You can't be weak minded like that.

05-13-2017, 03:12 PM
He still wants to be the #1 option, future cancer

Nathan89
05-13-2017, 03:14 PM
He should get in better position if he wants the ball more.

dabom
05-13-2017, 03:15 PM
He played great and OP is having a bitch-fest. :lmao

larrychen21
05-13-2017, 03:15 PM
He's actually right.

spursistan
05-13-2017, 03:17 PM
lol at mods changing the title..Yeah, what about () i put in the title? Yall can't deduce? :lol It is not like Aldridge hasn't publicly talked about "his shots" before signing here..

FkLA
05-13-2017, 03:19 PM
I don't think he want to be the #1 guy. He's not stupid, I think he realizes Kawhi is a transcendent talent. Much easier to follow a transcendent guy's lead than it was for him to follow/share the spotlight with a guy like Lillard who for as good as he is just isn't on that level.

I think LMA has pride and feels embarrassed by some of his performances. The lack of touches is just his go to excuse. He's had some 5/15 or 7/20 type games and Pop routinely tries to force feed him. He can't expect to get 26 FGAs per game with Kawhi in the line-up. Shit Kawhi himself shouldn't even expect that many. He needs to make better use of whatever shots he does get, be more efficient just like Kawhi has been all RS and postseason.

spursistan
05-13-2017, 03:21 PM
Would love for my nig Deuce (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=3542) to go sticky/unsticky the series threads downstairs while he is at it lurking in this one :lol..

Mr. Body
05-13-2017, 03:27 PM
If LMA scores 20+ a game the Spurs have a decent shot. The problem is Pop hasn't figured out how to use LMA and Kawhi together.

apalisoc_9
05-13-2017, 03:44 PM
Aldridge isna cancer.

One game where scored 20 of his 30 pts when the Spurs were up by 20 doesnt change that.

He is a cancer that will only play good if he is a priority in offense.

Watch him stagnate the offense against the warriors.

Just ship this guy out Already.

NameLess Scrub
05-13-2017, 03:56 PM
If LMA scores 20+ a game the Spurs have a decent shot. The problem is Pop hasn't figured out how to use LMA and Kawhi together.

Not an easy task, given both guys are more scorers than playmakers. Can they take turns? :lol

He should get in better position if he wants the ball more.

QFT

skulls138
05-13-2017, 04:41 PM
If LMA scores 20+ a game the Spurs have a decent shot. The problem is Pop hasn't figured out how to use LMA and Kawhi together.They worked well together in game 3 in Houston, 26 each.

SpursforSix
05-13-2017, 05:01 PM
The reality is that most scorers need to get in a rhythm. And it's hard doing that with Leonard having the ball so much. Everyone got into a groove Thursday which seemed to be a function of the ball movement. Pop needs to figure this shit out. LMA is obviously closer to Portland LMA than he's shown.

Spurtacular
05-13-2017, 05:13 PM
Yeah when he kept mentioning touches I knew what he was getting at. What I don't like about what he is saying is that he seems like if he doesn't get any touches then he won't have a good game. That kind of mentality is toxic. You can't be weak minded like that.

He's just mentioning the fact that more touches help him get a better rhythm. That's true of most scorers. There's nothing toxic about it.

KDKSpurs24
05-13-2017, 05:22 PM
He's just mentioning the fact that more touches help him get a better rhythm. That's true of most scorers. There's nothing toxic about it.
I know that. What I meant by toxic is that he seems to really take that thought to heart. It's not good for HIM. Some people can make themselves believe certain things in their head and it affects their performance. For example, 'If I can get this then I can do well' (which makes you believe if you don't get it you may as well not even try because you'll do bad). I want him to do well. And I hope the ball moves the same way so he can play well again.

UZER
05-13-2017, 05:26 PM
Has like an immature kid. Sure he'll participate, and you'll get effort, but you're not going to get his best all out A+ effort if he feels he's not getting his proper touches. :cry

Man the fuck up already.

HarlemHeat37
05-13-2017, 05:27 PM
Can't blame him, tbh, all volume scorers need to get in rhythm..he would look better with more volume, but it's not conducive to winning..

He's a volume jump shooter who was an inefficient scorer for most of his career..his Portland style of play isn't suited for winning basketball, he's a big man Derozan..I like him better with the style of play he's used, this season, as a super role player(would look even better if he loses 20 pounds during the off-season)..

Spurtacular
05-13-2017, 05:27 PM
I know that. What I meant by toxic is that he seems to really take that thought to heart. It's not good for HIM. Some people can make themselves believe certain things in their head and it affects their performance. For example, 'If I can get this then I can do well' (which makes you believe if you don't get it you may as well not even try because you'll do bad). I want him to do well. And I hope the ball moves the same way so he can play well again.

Fair enough. And you may be right. He did seem like he was capable of low shot, efficient experiences when TD was mentoring him. He may not have the absolute right mindset now.

tholdren
05-13-2017, 05:34 PM
The man is gonna earn every cent of his contract this round. The true LMAlpha is gonna beast.

well this is where he and kl show their worth

skulls138
05-13-2017, 05:58 PM
The reality is that most scorers need to get in a rhythm. And it's hard doing that with Leonard having the ball so much. Everyone got into a groove Thursday which seemed to be a function of the ball movement. Pop needs to figure this shit out. LMA is obviously closer to Portland LMA than he's shown.He didn't chuck it over and over, that's the difference. He could learn from Kawhi honestly. Kawhi keeps the dribble when in chaos while LA picks it up and has to shoot or get rid of it. He did well though so let's see.

UZER
05-13-2017, 06:03 PM
Lamarcus had trouble with Houston's half assed double teams. We'll see what happens in the next round.

DAF86
05-13-2017, 06:49 PM
Can't blame him, tbh, all volume scorers need to get in rhythm..he would look better with more volume, but it's not conducive to winning..

He's a volume jump shooter who was an inefficient scorer for most of his career..his Portland style of play isn't suited for winning basketball, he's a big man Derozan..I like him better with the style of play he's used, this season, as a super role player(would look even better if he loses 20 pounds during the off-season)..

Super role players are efficient on offense, tbh.

illusioNtEk
05-13-2017, 08:23 PM
Make him first option then. KL face impression wouldn't change if pop told him anyways

ducks
05-13-2017, 09:17 PM
Dude needs 20 shot attempts if he is playing like game 6

ducks
05-13-2017, 09:17 PM
Rember when pop told tp he needs to shot 25 times in a playoff game

DMC
05-13-2017, 09:24 PM
He just told the truth. He needs X number of touches/min to calibrate. All shooters need to calibrate, which is why they heave those shots after a whistle (and why some teams block them at the rim). The more time LMA can see the ball go through the hoop, the more he can build his mental graph of the terrain and calibrate his shooting. This is also why you don't want to send struggling shooters to the FT line. Once they get that feel and distance dialed in, they go off. That's why they make millions.

DMC
05-13-2017, 09:25 PM
Make him first option then. KL face impression wouldn't change if pop told him anyways

Kawhi just wants to win. He'd be ok being the rover out there.

SpursBig3s
05-13-2017, 09:38 PM
I don't think he want to be the #1 guy. He's not stupid, I think he realizes Kawhi is a transcendent talent. Much easier to follow a transcendent guy's lead than it was for him to follow/share the spotlight with a guy like Lillard who for as good as he is just isn't on that level.

I think LMA has pride and feels embarrassed by some of his performances. The lack of touches is just his go to excuse. He's had some 5/15 or 7/20 type games and Pop routinely tries to force feed him. He can't expect to get 26 FGAs per game with Kawhi in the line-up. Shit Kawhi himself shouldn't even expect that many. He needs to make better use of whatever shots he does get, be more efficient just like Kawhi has been all RS and postseason.

Couldn't have said it better myself :bobo:lma

rasuo214
05-13-2017, 09:42 PM
LMA would get more shots/touches if he played more like game 6 LMA. Lets not pretend like Pop hasn't tried to get LMA going numerous times in the 1st quarter giving him plenty of touches. Kawhi usually takes a back seat until the backups come in or until the 2nd quarter to help allow others to get into a better rhythm.

Really with Parker out there's no reason why both can't get 17-20 shots a game but they need to earn those touches. The Warriors do it with Curry and Durant (both with USG% above 28, Kawhi has been at 29% in the playoffs).

therealtruth
05-13-2017, 10:22 PM
Lamarcus had trouble with Houston's half assed double teams. We'll see what happens in the next round.

That was a little worrying for next round.

I think the key is if he wants more touches he needs to go get the ball. Get offensive rebounds. Get good post position. Set good picks.

UZER
05-13-2017, 11:26 PM
If Aldridge starts going off on Green, Draymond will giving hard fouls, or even flagrant foul him. It's how he keeps his mental edge over opponents because they get scared and back down.

How lamarcus responds to that is going to be crucial. If he backs down we're in big trouble.

OrEmuN
05-13-2017, 11:38 PM

Agreed.

And we are spoilt by the ultimate self-less superstar in Timmy.
He gave up touches and focused to contribute in other aspects of the game so that Manu & Parker can develop to be scorers themselves.
Of course he was helped by Robinson who did the same for him, abeit with lesser years.

LMA is just a normal star who needs to build confidence through touches.
It is not toxic.
It is just usual.

But David and Timmy are the true superstars who allowed other to shine while sacrificing their shots.
If anything, this gives a chance to appreciate them better

daslicer
05-14-2017, 12:52 AM
If Aldridge starts going off on Green, Draymond will giving hard fouls, or even flagrant foul him. It's how he keeps his mental edge over opponents because they get scared and back down.

How lamarcus responds to that is going to be crucial. If he backs down we're in big trouble.

This is one of my biggest concerns. Draymond is one of the biggest fake tough guys I have ever seen. I have seen when guys fight back against him that he falls apart but will LMA stand up for himself against him or take the abuse like Adams took last year. That's one thing I miss about Tim is when guys played him dirty that he didn't didn't back down and would throw elbows at them or confront them.

polandprzem
05-14-2017, 04:16 AM
He can't establish down low and he needs more touches?

BillMc
05-14-2017, 04:27 AM
Agreed.

And we are spoilt by the ultimate self-less superstar in Timmy.
He gave up touches and focused to contribute in other aspects of the game so that Manu & Parker can develop to be scorers themselves.
Of course he was helped by Robinson who did the same for him, abeit with lesser years.

LMA is just a normal star who needs to build confidence through touches.
It is not toxic.
It is just usual.

But David and Timmy are the true superstars who allowed other to shine while sacrificing their shots.
If anything, this gives a chance to appreciate them better

Well said.

lofds
05-14-2017, 05:15 AM
I think it's not a bad thing for LA to get more touches honestly. It'll slow the offense down, which is what the Spurs would want against an up-tempo team like the Warriors. Game 6 was an aberration obviously, but the post-play was key to slow them down.

duncan2k5
05-14-2017, 07:51 AM
His biggest problem is that he catches the ball damn near at the 3 point line...Then when he can't back them down, he pump fakes for a long 2...Then when they don't bite (which is most of the time) he ends up either turning it over with a forced pass, or missing a forced shot

ducks
05-14-2017, 04:00 PM
He still needs touches