PDA

View Full Version : LAMARCUS LOSES CONFIDENCE WAY TOO EASY

Silver&Black Warrior
05-14-2017, 05:32 PM
THIS GAME WAS ABSOLUTELY WINNABLE DESPITE EVERYTHING THAT HAPPENED. I AM STILL SO PROUD OF THIS TEAM AND THIS ORGANIZATION AND THIS CITY. I UNDERSTAND IT HAD TO BE A NUCLEAR LEVEL PSYCHOLOGICAL BLOW TO LOSE KAWHI AND TO HAVE TO DEAL WITH THE BLATANT COME-BACK ORIENTED OFFICIATING. ABSOLUTELY NO FUCKING DOUBT. BUT THAT BEING SAID, LAMARCUS HAS LITTLE TO NO COMPOSURE FOR A PLAYER OF HIS MAGNITUDE. I COULD TELL BY HIS BODY LANGUAGE AND THE LOOK ON HIS FACE THAT HE WAS TOTALLY RATTLED AND PANICKED. HE IS A TOTAL FRONT-RUNNER PLAYER AND LACKS MATURITY AS A PLAYER. HE WAS PLAYING SO WELL IN THE 1ST HALF WHEN EVERYTHING WAS GOING RIGHT BUT AS SOON AS THINGS GOT TOUGH HE TOTALLY COLLAPSED AND DISSAPEARED. I CAN'T REMEMBER A PLAYER OF HIS STATURE BEING SO ABSOLUTELY SOFT. I KNOW I AM SAYING A LOT OF THINGS OTHERS HAVE OBSERVED BUT I HAVE TO VENT AND TRY TO COPE WITH WHAT JUST HAPPENED. DEATH TO GOLDEN STATE AND I AM PRAYING FOR THE BAY AREA TO BE THE SITE OF THE NEXT GROUND ZERO.

testies
05-14-2017, 05:33 PM
He was exhausted and did great man.

I was dissapoint in Paddy, he shot some terrible shots that he makes normally

SpurOutofTownFan
05-14-2017, 05:33 PM
I think LMA did very well today - I dont think they Spurs lost because of him

jag
05-14-2017, 05:34 PM
"Easily"

It's an adverb motherfucker

Silver&Black Warrior
05-14-2017, 05:35 PM
HE DID PLAY VERY WELL. I TOTALLY AGREE, AND NO WE DIDN'T LOSE BECAUSE OF HIM, I'M JUST SAYING THAT HE LACKS THE COMPOSURE THAT A PLAYER OF HIS CALIBER SHOULD HAVE.

FkLA
05-14-2017, 05:36 PM
Y'all need to fuck off with the LMA hate. Today isn't on him.

james evans
05-14-2017, 05:37 PM
I think LMA did very well today - I dont think they Spurs lost because of him
once leonard went down and he had to be the man, he played like complete garbage

SpurOutofTownFan
05-14-2017, 05:40 PM
once leonard went down and he had to be the man, he played like complete garbage

sure i just dont think the Spurs lost because of him

spurtech09
05-14-2017, 05:41 PM
He was exhausted and did great man.

I was dissapoint in Paddy, he shot some terrible shots that he makes normally

davidbowie
05-14-2017, 05:41 PM
how'd he score so many points but still like feels like he played shitty

gospursgojas
05-14-2017, 05:45 PM
He kept shooting. On a quality defender like Draymond. Old (like last week) LMA would have passed it.

No hate for him this game.

SAGirl
05-14-2017, 05:52 PM
Well Paddy competed but it was obvious when that 3 isn't falling he's in trouble. Underrated the fact he didn't score or assist that much bc his name is not Tony. Murray was very encouraging.

anyways I am feel your pain OP.

Silver&Black Warrior
05-14-2017, 05:56 PM
Well Paddy competed but it was obvious when that 3 isn't falling he's in trouble. Underrated the fact he didn't score or assist that much bc his name is not Tony. Murray was very encouraging.

anyways I am feel your pain OP.

THANKS. THE SILVER AND BLACK HAVE TO STICK TOGETHER MORE THAN EVER IN TIMES LIKE THIS.

TD 21
05-14-2017, 05:58 PM
Confidence had nothing to do with it. The reality is, rare is the big who you can play through down the stretch. Duncan was an exception to the rule because of his handle and vision.

I'm not blaming Pop or the only player I place any blame on is Gasol, who's effort was disgraceful. It was inevitable when Leonard went down though. I actually applaud them for not getting completely run over and continuing to find ways to score without anyone capable of consistently manufacturing a good shot.

HarlemHeat37
05-14-2017, 06:04 PM
Aldridge was great, tbh..if you expect anything more out of him, then you need to come to terms with the fact that he isn't prime Duncan or Olajuwon:lol

cd98
05-14-2017, 06:05 PM
Naw, the complexity of the doubles, it was like they game planned for Kwahi being out.

Mikeanaro
05-14-2017, 06:06 PM
LMA was more than we could ask. You cant expect 100% without Kawhi.

100%duncan
05-14-2017, 06:08 PM
Only horrible Spur today was Gasol. When you only have 1 player having a bad game, you probably won that game. We won this game before kawhi got hurt.

Silver&Black Warrior
05-14-2017, 06:10 PM
Confidence had nothing to do with it. The reality is, rare is the big who you can play through down the stretch. Duncan was an exception to the rule because of his handle and vision.

I'm not blaming Pop or the only player I place any blame on is Gasol, who's effort was disgraceful. It was inevitable when Leonard went down though. I actually applaud them for not getting completely run over and continuing to find ways to score without anyone capable of consistently manufacturing a good shot.

There's no doubt that Timmy is irreplaceable. And sadly I think there is something to what you said regarding bigs that can play well down the stretch. But just from my own viewpoint, he looked rattled and panicked. His body language. His shot. Everything looked different when we lost Kawhi. I didn't see that as much in anyone else. I do feel similarly about Gasol but I wasn't as surprised since he is passed his prime. I'm not blaming this loss on LA but I strongly feel that our chances of winning this game were not maximized due to his lack of confidence in admittedly a very bad situation. That's all.

MultiTroll
05-14-2017, 06:11 PM
The turnovers were absolute bullshit.
But he could have used a break with a few minutes of Dedmon and/or Bertie.

Popped mid 4th onward ordered the feed LMA stand n Veg offense again. Stoopid.

Silver&Black Warrior
05-14-2017, 06:17 PM
The turnovers were absolute bullshit.
But he could have used a break with a few minutes of Dedmon and/or Bertie.

Popped mid 4th onward ordered the feed LMA stand n Veg offense again. Stoopid.

Totally agree about the absence of Bertans and Dedmon. But of course we could never expect this from Pop in a situation like this. :(

TD 21
05-14-2017, 06:21 PM
There's no doubt that Timmy is irreplaceable. And sadly I think there is something to what you said regarding bigs that can play well down the stretch. But just from my own viewpoint, he looked rattled and panicked. His body language. His shot. Everything looked different when we lost Kawhi. I didn't see that as much in anyone else. I do feel similarly about Gasol but I wasn't as surprised since he is passed his prime. I'm not blaming this loss on LA but I strongly feel that our chances of winning this game were not maximized due to his lack of confidence in admittedly a very bad situation. That's all.

Maybe, but most players would have been given the circumstances. Someone like Ginobili is the exception to the rule. The reason it was more blatant with Aldridge, is again, they're swarming him and he has a limited handle and vision and he knows he's being counted on to manufacture offense (for himself or others) in that situation, but is incapable.

Gasol being past his prime is irrelevant. Ginobili is even more past his, but he competed to the level necessary to have a chance. Everyone did, but Gasol. I don't think it would have made a difference, but that doesn't make it any more acceptable.

LaMarcus Bryant
05-14-2017, 06:24 PM
Aldridge played great

Robz4000
05-14-2017, 06:24 PM

boutons_deux
05-14-2017, 06:30 PM
LMA was pretty much invisible in 2nd half

Capt Bringdown
05-14-2017, 06:36 PM
LMA needs to go quick in order to be effective.
The pump-fakes and dribbling around followed by a fade-away 20 footer is ineffective.

Silver&Black Warrior
05-14-2017, 06:41 PM
LMA needs to go quick in order to be effective.
The pump-fakes and dribbling around followed by a fade-away 20 footer is ineffective.

I saw this also. Very hesitant and indecisive.

therealtruth
05-14-2017, 06:52 PM
He needs to get with TD and learn how to pass out of the double team. He has to make them pay for doubling.

bic50
05-14-2017, 08:01 PM
how'd he score so many points but still like feels like he played shitty
Closing moments of the games he had some bad moments

bic50
05-14-2017, 08:06 PM
Agreed. Lma and Kawhi were doing damage but it's asking too much for Aldridge to shoulder the load against a team like gsw alone when Kawhi went out

BillMc
05-14-2017, 08:10 PM
What with the All Caps OP?

Patty probably is the one we should be pointing a finger at. He's the point guard, he's the one who should have steadied the offense during that horrible run Golden State went on. And he came up small as a scoring guard too. Hopefully a 1 game aberration for mills.

LkrFan
05-14-2017, 08:11 PM
"Easily"

:lol

YGWHI
05-14-2017, 08:16 PM
LMA was pretty much invisible in 2nd half

Shhh....Or people would say it's "irrational hate"

He was what 4-13 overrall in 2nd half?

:tu

YGWHI
05-14-2017, 08:22 PM

Patty probably is the one we should be pointing a finger at. He's the point guard, he's the one who should have steadied the offense during that horrible run Golden State went on. And he came up small as a scoring guard too. Hopefully a 1 game aberration for mills.

Patty was bad, no doubt. But they called LMA's number a lot more than Patty in those minutes. LMA was the Spurs' go to guy in the 2nd half, didn't perform well.

Silver&Black Warrior
05-14-2017, 08:22 PM

IT'S THE ONLY WAY TO CONVEY THE EMOTION I'M FEELING ACROSS A MESSAGE BOARD. I AM A YELLER IN REAL LIFE. I AM USUALLY THE CENTER OF ATTENTION AT BUFFALO WILD WINGS OR OTHER SPORTS BARS. I LIVED IN SOCAL MOST OF MY LIFE AND I ALWAYS LET EVERYBODY IN THE JOINT KNOW I WAS A SPURS FAN. I WAS ALWAYS READY TO FIGHT EVERYONE AND EVERY LAKER FAN AT ONCE. I STILL AM THE SAME WAY.

HarlemHeat37
05-14-2017, 08:36 PM
IT'S THE ONLY WAY TO CONVEY THE EMOTION I'M FEELING ACROSS A MESSAGE BOARD. I AM A YELLER IN REAL LIFE. I AM USUALLY THE CENTER OF ATTENTION AT BUFFALO WILD WINGS OR OTHER SPORTS BARS. I LIVED IN SOCAL MOST OF MY LIFE AND I ALWAYS LET EVERYBODY IN THE JOINT KNOW I WAS A SPURS FAN. I WAS ALWAYS READY TO FIGHT EVERYONE AND EVERY LAKER FAN AT ONCE. I STILL AM THE SAME WAY.

What were you in the bing for, my nigga?

Silver&Black Warrior
05-14-2017, 08:39 PM
What were you in the bing for, my nigga?

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE BING??? I ALWAYS ENJOY A LOT OF YOUR TAKES HARLEM. I AM ALSO A HARDCORE WCW FAN. BOOKER T IS ONE OF MY ALL TIME FAVORITES NEXT TO STING.

HarlemHeat37
05-14-2017, 08:42 PM
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE BING??? I ALWAYS ENJOY A LOT OF YOUR TAKES HARLEM. I AM ALSO A HARDCORE WCW FAN. BOOKER T IS ONE OF MY ALL TIME FAVORITES NEXT TO STING.

:lol :toast

Silver&Black Warrior
05-14-2017, 08:45 PM
:lol :toast

:bobo

duncan2k5
05-14-2017, 09:53 PM
First half, LA was attacking the rim...Second half, he was fading away from contact, and being indecisive with his movements, leading to turnovers, etc...They are small...Pound them down low, then if u miss, get the rebound...Put them in foul trouble...Dont bail them out with fadeaways if u were missing then the entire game

Amuseddaysleeper
05-14-2017, 09:54 PM
The problem for LMA is that he has some REALLY shitty conditioning. His energy depletes very quickly (he's out of shape by NBA standards) and he tends to get worse as the game goes on.

sasaint
05-14-2017, 10:01 PM
First half, LA was attacking the rim...Second half, he was fading away from contact, and being indecisive with his movements, leading to turnovers, etc...They are small...Pound them down low, then if u miss, get the rebound...Put them in foul trouble...Dont bail them out with fadeaways if u were missing then the entire game

The first half is the exception; the second half, the rule. He has always shied away from contact and shot fade-aways rather than going strong to the hole. That's LMA.

Capt Bringdown
05-14-2017, 10:08 PM
With the exception of game 6 vs Houston, LMA has been a disappointment in the playoffs.
I don't see that changing unfortunately. He's a bit of a head case with his timid fadeaways.

Slippy
05-14-2017, 10:17 PM
After Kawai went down the whole teams composure was off. Started rushing shots & turning it over, la included.

Patty like bill pointed out should of steadied the ship.

boutons_deux
05-14-2017, 10:19 PM
Intensity LMA showed in first half disappeared in 2nd half

Silver&Black Warrior
05-14-2017, 11:08 PM

+1

Silver&Black Warrior
05-14-2017, 11:09 PM
The problem for LMA is that he has some REALLY shitty conditioning. His energy depletes very quickly (he's out of shape by NBA standards) and he tends to get worse as the game goes on.

+1

Silver&Black Warrior
05-14-2017, 11:10 PM
After Kawai went down the whole teams composure was off. Started rushing shots & turning it over, la included.

Patty like bill pointed out should of steadied the ship.

+1

Silver&Black Warrior
05-14-2017, 11:11 PM
Intensity LMA showed in first half disappeared in 2nd half

+1

PopTheGOAT
05-14-2017, 11:13 PM

Silver&Black Warrior
05-14-2017, 11:30 PM

duncan2k5
05-15-2017, 05:55 AM
The first half is the exception; the second half, the rule. He has always shied away from contact and shot fade-aways rather than going strong to the hole. That's LMA.

An unfortunate reality

duncan2k5
05-15-2017, 05:58 AM
And to think LA had the gall to insinuate that he played well because they kept going to him the last game...Smh...Dude seriously needs to stop taking those jumpers...They've been off since the end of the thunder series lastvyr

jermaine
05-15-2017, 06:26 AM
Only horrible Spur today was Gasol. When you only have 1 player having a bad game, you probably won that game. We won this game before kawhi got hurt.

This is true! He's a great player but it seem he half ass alot... His 3 ball ain't falling an hasn't for awhile now.

DMC
05-15-2017, 07:03 AM
"Easily"

DMC
05-15-2017, 07:09 AM
No one should be pointing a finger at any of these guys. This isn't their role normally. All season (2 seasons actually) LMA has been a 2nd option mostly. Patty is a backup PG for Tony. LMA's game is what it is, and we were good with that in game 6 in Houston. Kawhi comes back and LMA gets fewer touches. It's a tradeoff. Patty was never a stopper, certainly not against a force like the Warriors.

Atl Spur
05-15-2017, 07:09 AM
He is a mentally weak player......period. Anyone that has ever competed at anything, know that the mental battle is just as important as the physical abilities of an individual. LA is also LAZY (see: kyle anderson and danny green)

BG_Spurs_Fan
05-15-2017, 07:10 AM
LMA competed on both ends and did everything that's expected from a 2nd banana and more. Sure it got way more difficult when Kawhi went down, but there was no one able to make a 3 and the spacing was terrible, they could double team him so easily while everyone else just stood around.

If he plays this way, on both ends, for the whole series the Spurs would have a legit chance. With a close to healthy Kawhi, of course.

Atl Spur
05-15-2017, 07:16 AM
Do you people realize LA is not supposed to be a role player??? This dude is supposed to be a second STAR at worst....... so all of you giving him a pass for not performing as such in that second half is crazy to me! Pay someone else that 21 million to do what this coward won't. Effort is just want to and he doesn't want to. It's obvious he isn't a cut out for this responsibility.

jermaine
05-15-2017, 08:26 AM
Do you people realize LA is not supposed to be a role player??? This dude is supposed to be a second STAR at worst....... so all of you giving him a pass for not performing as such in that second half is crazy to me! Pay someone else that 21 million to do what this coward won't. Effort is just want to and he doesn't want to. It's obvious he isn't a cut out for this responsibility.

I totally agree... He didn't step up when Kawhi went down. Patty wasn't stepping up either.

$pursDynasty
05-15-2017, 11:20 AM
LMA regretfully is just like many of today's super stars, Harden, Curry, Durant no alpha in them, when things are going their way they let their God given talents shine but when things get rough lack the grit to get through the tough times. It was an attribute that gave the Spurs an advantage over most teams during the Duncan era. There are only a few real alpha's in the league that are talented, D-Wade, LeBron, heck Russ though he lacks self control. The Spurs had 3 bonafide killers in the big three and it appears that the KingSlayer is a killer as well but there aren't many of them out there.

Silver&Black Warrior
05-15-2017, 11:45 AM
LMA regretfully is just like many of today's super stars, Harden, Curry, Durant no alpha in them, when things are going their way they let their God given talents shine but when things get rough lack the grit to get through the tough times. It was an attribute that gave the Spurs an advantage over most teams during the Duncan era. There are only a few real alpha's in the league that are talented, D-Wade, LeBron, heck Russ though he lacks self control. The Spurs had 3 bonafide killers in the big three and it appears that the KingSlayer is a killer as well but there aren't many of them out there.

I think this is the reality we have to face with Lamarcus going forward. I think there is a glimmer of hope being that he has never been to this stage of the playoffs before, and maybe Pop, Manu, and Tony can lecture him, but he's got to be willing to face these situations.

SAGirl
05-15-2017, 04:15 PM
The biggest problem with him is that he cannot pass out of a double team. he can't make the right reads, etc. It's the reason he gets doubled. If he punished double teams with the pass, that would stop immediately. (See how no one wanted to double Boris when he was dishing to everyone) He TO too much when he gets doubled, and gets pushed out of his spots bc his dribble is not that good so he's afraid of getting stripped.

Silver&Black Warrior
05-15-2017, 05:34 PM
The biggest problem with him is that he cannot pass out of a double team. he can't make the right reads, etc. It's the reason he gets doubled. If he punished double teams with the pass, that would stop immediately. (See how no one wanted to double Boris when he was dishing to everyone) He TO too much when he gets doubled, and gets pushed out of his spots bc his dribble is not that good so he's afraid of getting stripped.

Totally agree. Great, Great observations. I think that his weaknesses in these areas became more exposed due to the situation. He had these things in the back of his mind and therefore became more uneasy as we became more dependent on him offensively. It's hard to address these issues during the season and when the team has Kawhi, it isn't as obvious. Resolving these issues in his game needs to be addressed as a priority over the summer regardless of how this season turns out. There needs to be a lot of hours in the practice facility with Timmy.