PDA

View Full Version : Mills is unplayable against the Dubs

200 miles
05-14-2017, 05:54 PM
Murray produced more in his 13 minutes than Mills did in his 37. Since everybody is proclaiming the Warriors as WC Champs, Pop might as well go for broke and start Dijon for the rest of the series.

SAGirl
05-14-2017, 05:56 PM
Agreed... although Paddy competed he kept getting caught on screens and his shot was off. His best plays came in the last minute of the game. He didn't have a good game. If Kawhi is healthy to play some games it changes things but I wouldn't mind Murray playing more.

noles1983
05-14-2017, 05:57 PM
Mills shit the bed, even a mediocre game would have gotten us the W

testies
05-14-2017, 05:58 PM
If he can dribble past half court he can be useful.. we are that short handed

dabom
05-14-2017, 05:58 PM
Agreed... although Paddy competed he kept getting caught on screens and his shot was off. His best plays came in the last minute of the game. He didn't have a good game. If Kawhi is healthy to play some games it changes things but I wouldn't mind Murray playing more.

Are you a stupid fuck? :lmao

Please stop. :lol

dabom
05-14-2017, 06:00 PM
Mills is the only player that can dribble the ball up court at this point.

We didn't need it now with parker injured, but Kawhi is injured too. Murray cant do that right now.

200 miles
05-14-2017, 06:07 PM

We didn't need it now with parker injured, but Kawhi is injured too. Murray cant do that right now.

Are you serious? Did you see how Murray was better able to fight through screens and penetrate not to mention having better success defensively as opposed to Mills?

dabom
05-14-2017, 06:08 PM
Are you serious? Did you see how Murray was better able to fight through screens and penetrate not to mention having better success defensively as opposed to Mills?

He can't dribble the fucking ball up court. Are you a faggot?

spurraider21
05-14-2017, 06:11 PM
Patty having a good or bad game is entirely dependant on whether or not he makes outside shots. Good patty makes threes bad patty doesn't. It's really that simple with him. Nothing else he does ever really stands out as good or bad.

He's very volatile which is why he's never a long term answer as a starter. But he's not "unplayable" against GSW... Just had a bad,shooting game. He could play exactly the same way in game 2 except make some shots and thr start paddy crew will spam :hat emojis

05-14-2017, 06:12 PM
Mills is wasted in the starting line up. Murray can control the pace just as well, and even attack off the dribble better.

Mills needs to stay with Manu coming off the bench, where he can excel to his potential.

200 miles
05-14-2017, 06:16 PM
Well if that one aspect of Dijon's game keeps him from starting or least getting more than 20 minutes, well then might as well call it a season and look forward to Dubs-Cavs III.

midnightpulp
05-14-2017, 06:21 PM

Kawhi will be back in game 2. We got this :hat

I can tell you're confident, too.

DPG21920
05-14-2017, 06:26 PM
Patty having a good or bad game is entirely dependant on whether or not he makes outside shots. Good patty makes threes bad patty doesn't. It's really that simple with him. Nothing else he does ever really stands out as good or bad.

He's very volatile which is why he's never a long term answer as a starter. But he's not "unplayable" against GSW... Just had a bad,shooting game. He could play exactly the same way in game 2 except make some shots and thr start paddy crew will spam :hat emojis

Agree mostly, but the reason he is unplayable is because SA has to change everything when he is in there with no Kawhi. Because he can't run an offense properly and is more of just a shot maker, the offense can stall badly (like we saw tonight). It's not his fault Kawhi is hurt or anything, but this should show those who believe you can just "start Patty" that it's really not that simple other then when he's masked by playing with Kawhi/LMA.

dabom
05-14-2017, 06:28 PM

I'm not dude. I'm broken right now. :depressed

gambit1990
05-14-2017, 06:29 PM

not even sure if kawhi playing in game 2 is a smart decision.

spurraider21
05-14-2017, 06:29 PM
Agree mostly, but the reason he is unplayable is because SA has to change everything when he is in there with no Kawhi. Because he can't run an offense properly and is more of just a shot maker, the offense can stall badly (like we saw tonight). It's not his fault Kawhi is hurt or anything, but this should show those who believe you can just "start Patty" that it's really not that simple other then when he's masked by playing with Kawhi/LMA.they can just work through aldridge, simmons, manu... they have options. people overreact to his bad shooting games. that's just who he is.

Seventyniner
05-14-2017, 06:30 PM
A healthy Parker would have made a world of (positive) difference. Instead of the Spurs just dumping it to LMA to bail them out with 5 on the shot clock down the stretch, Parker could have actually got the Warriors' defense moving to get people open looks.

dabom
05-14-2017, 06:30 PM
they can just work through aldridge, simmons, manu... they have options. people overreact to his bad shooting games. that's just who he is.

What game were you watching fuck face? :lmao

spurraider21
05-14-2017, 06:31 PM
What game were you watching fuck face? :lmaothe one where aldridge was doing work early on. in the big warriors run in the 3rd the spurs perimeter guys kept fumbling the ball away and were having difficulty even getting the ball into the post

DPG21920
05-14-2017, 06:32 PM
they can just work through aldridge, simmons, manu... they have options. people overreact to his bad shooting games. that's just who he is.

No - I'm reacting to the expectation that he's starting quality. He's not.

gambit1990
05-14-2017, 06:34 PM
mills isn't unplayable. even with his underwhelming shooting performance... spurs were in control until kawhi went out.

DPG21920
05-14-2017, 06:41 PM
mills isn't unplayable. even with his underwhelming shooting performance... spurs were in control until kawhi went out.

That's the point. Just getting out of the way and letting Kawhi do his thing is something any floor spacer can do. Spurs being up was not a result of Mills playing well. He was not a huge detriment with the team playing so well around him, but he was not a positive.

Then, when the team actually needed him to step up and be more than just a placeholder he failed spectacularly. The offense sputtered over and over and could not run any sets.

Yes, GS is a tremendous defense but if you are a starting caliber guard, you don't just fall off like that. All of his warts were exposed in the context of him being a starting caliber guard.

He's fine as a role player obviously - one of the best in the league. He's not a player you pay big money to, to run your team as you can see.

dabom
05-14-2017, 06:43 PM
the one where aldridge was doing work early on. in the big warriors run in the 3rd the spurs perimeter guys kept fumbling the ball away and were having difficulty even getting the ball into the post

LMA had 6 turnovers tonight. He isnt even a fucking playmaker. He's not trying to do crazy passes. Dude just flat out sucked.

Spurtacular
05-14-2017, 06:43 PM
Murray produced more in his 13 minutes than Mills did in his 37. Since everybody is proclaiming the Warriors as WC Champs, Pop might as well go for broke and start Dijon for the rest of the series.

Stat sheet doesn't show everything. Mills spreads the floor; Murray doesn't. I do think Murray did a fantastic job tonight though; whereas, Mills game was nothing to write home about. But I don't think Mills shit the bed either. I do wish one of those threes in that one series of threes would've went in though.

DPG21920
05-14-2017, 06:46 PM
LMA had 6 turnovers tonight. He isnt even a fucking playmaker. He's not trying to do crazy passes. Dude just flat out sucked.

I don't think he sucked, but his passing is sub-par for sure. He was doing legit work when matched up vs most players and it was a big advantage.

When Kawhi left though, the offense sputtered and they keyed in on him and he was having to manufacture things because no offense was being run.

TimDunkem
05-14-2017, 06:46 PM
Murray doesn't need to space the floor. He gets himself and others open looks.

gambit1990
05-14-2017, 06:47 PM
Yes, GS is a tremendous defense but if you are a starting caliber guard, you don't just fall off like that. All of his warts were exposed in the context of him being a starting caliber guard.
:lol klay thompson: 2 for 11

ElNono
05-14-2017, 06:48 PM

Well, yes, plus he can run an offense just fine, when the offense is throw it to your best guys and have them play... When we ran a different type of offense, he also produced very well.

But as you said, with shooters, it's a make or miss league, tbh...

DPG21920
05-14-2017, 06:50 PM
:lol klay thompson: 2 for 11

Klay Thompson is not a PG. We are talking about Mills and running an offense with him on the floor (especially with no Kawhi).

Mikeanaro
05-14-2017, 06:50 PM
Pop trusted more Mills because Murray is a rook.

gambit1990
05-14-2017, 06:52 PM
Klay Thompson is not a PG. We are talking about Mills and running an offense with him on the floor (especially with no Kawhi).
your words:

dabom
05-14-2017, 06:53 PM

The offense was give it to LMA and he blew it. I'd rather next time, we run the offense through Patty and let him shoot. Let him get rhythm. I can live with that 10/10 times.

The 4 down offense is trash because he is a fade away player/ jump shooter. Zero post up moves and for some reason, small hands or some shit. I always see this motherfucking kent lose the ball when he's dribbling.

DPG21920
05-14-2017, 06:54 PM
your words:

You knew what I meant (or at least Im trying to give you credit for not being a complete f*cking idiot).

therealtruth
05-14-2017, 06:55 PM
One of the things the Cavs used in winning the Finals was forcing Curry to play defense. It helps take away his legs for offense. The Spurs need to figure out ways to force him to defend.

$pursDynasty
05-14-2017, 06:55 PM
Bye bye microwave after this year

DPG21920
05-14-2017, 06:56 PM
The offense was give it to LMA and he blew it. I'd rather next time, we run the offense through Patty and let him shoot. Let him get rhythm. I can live with that 10/10 times.

The 4 down offense is trash because he is a fade away player/ jump shooter. Zero post up moves and for some reason, small hands or some shit. I always see this motherfucking kent lose the ball when he's dribbling.

They can't do anything else with Mills Dabom. He's not TP. He cannot run an offense. Especially when you have a PG that stuggles with the PnR so badly like Patty, it really limits your offense.

You can try and catch lightning in a bottle like GM6 vs HOU, but it's just not sustainable. I'm only knocking Mills in the context of the future and paying him to be a starter. You dont pay big money for guys that when Kawhi/LMA aren't there he is basically worthless outside of games where he's nailing a bunch of assisted shots.

100%duncan
05-14-2017, 06:56 PM

:lmao

gambit1990
05-14-2017, 06:57 PM
You knew what I meant (or at least Im trying to give you credit for not being a complete f*cking idiot).
you said "starting caliber guard".

dabom
05-14-2017, 06:58 PM
:lmao

:lol

DPG21920
05-14-2017, 06:59 PM
you said "starting caliber guard".

You are one of the most annoying people in the world. Honestly. I don't wish harm on anyone, but you are someone that because of your online personality I would have no desire to ever meet in person :lol

DarrinS
05-14-2017, 07:01 PM
Start Murray

But that won't happen

gambit1990
05-14-2017, 07:04 PM
You are one of the most annoying people in the world. Honestly. I don't wish harm on anyone, but you are someone that because of your online personality I would have no desire to ever meet in person :lol
so you're annoyed because i'm reminding you what you said:

Yes, GS is a tremendous defense but if you are a starting caliber guard, you don't just fall off like that.
then when i brought up klay's poor shooing you changed the qualifier.

DPG21920
05-14-2017, 07:12 PM
so you're annoyed because i'm reminding you what you said:

then when i brought up klay's poor shooing you changed the qualifier.

No dummy. Ask anyone else here if they didn't understand the context of what was being discussed. If they say you are right and I am wrong I will leave ST forever. Deal?

If no one agrees with you however, you leave forever?

therealtruth
05-14-2017, 10:33 PM
Start Murray

But that won't happen

I don't know. It will pretty much kill the floor spacing. Mills at least keeps Klay occupied.