PDA

View Full Version : Spurs Earned Respect Tonight

DPG21920
05-14-2017, 06:35 PM
Spurs were validated. Everyone, mostly due to how great this Warriors team is, dismissed SA as a legit team and threat to GS.

Even when in the regular season, SA showed they had more success vs GS than any other team and were built to exploit GS only weaknesses people dismissed them. I get why as well since GS is amazing.

However, this game, despite the heartbreaking turn of events, turned most everyone's heads I believe. It validated SA's greatness and how they are a LEGIT threat to GS and near that level of a team.

SA was punking GS on their home floor, like they had before, and it was not some meaningless regular season game you could just dismiss. GS was fully healthy. Fully rested and had ample time to gameplan for SA as well.

Ultimately, history doesn't remember asterisks and if/when SA loses it wont matter since this is a results league.

SA is just a damn good team and this proved it.

TampaDude
05-14-2017, 06:38 PM
It also showed that the Dubs are not the invincible juggernaut we thought they were.

Kang gonna repeat for the Land.

Horse
05-14-2017, 06:38 PM
All depends on kawhis ankle. Absolutely fucked by the refs and we were still up 23. And we still have it away even without him. How the fuck we got outrebounded is ridiculous cause if we don't we win even without Leonard.

testies
05-14-2017, 06:39 PM
So fucking what? We lose our best player, the game and in 2 months nobody will remember this.

Does anyone think of the Suns as moral champions because of how we fucked them?

Besides, now they are gonna come out with more fire because of the backlash they'll get. They will do the "everybody hating on us" discourse

100%duncan
Never forget when KL and crew were slapping 4 all stars that included the last 2 mvps.

HarlemHeat37
Respect doesn't get you anything, tbh:lol I'd rather have the title..or at the very least, give me a Curry or Dominos injury..

Nathan89
05-14-2017, 06:40 PM
It also showed that the Dubs are not the invincible juggernaut we thought they were.

Kang gonna repeat for the Land.

Cavs don't have the Spurs defense.

UZER
05-14-2017, 06:40 PM
That already had respect. What they don't have now is a healthy Kawhi Leonard.

Spurtacular
05-14-2017, 06:41 PM
Ultimately, history doesn't remember asterisks and if/when SA loses it wont matter since this is a results league.

Asterisks do fade; but not as fast in the enhanced social media era. Pachulia's dirty play will be remembered across the NBA fan base for a long time.

sananspursfan21
05-14-2017, 06:41 PM
Respect doesn't get you a 1-0 lead.

gambit1990
05-14-2017, 06:42 PM
Respect doesn't get you anything, tbh:lol
/thread

DPG21920
05-14-2017, 06:42 PM
Respect doesn't get you a 1-0 lead.

Did you read what I posted? Everyone knows SA lost. But everyone knows WHY as well. They saw what SA did to GS with everyone watching before Zaza's dirty cheap play. It changed people's minds IMO about the level of team SA is.

DarrinS
05-14-2017, 06:43 PM
I'd gladly trade that respect for a fully healthy Kawhi. This doesn't sound good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OB_lrJBbFDc

TimDunkem
Meh. Wins are what matters.

DPG21920
Respect doesn't get you anything, tbh:lol I'd rather have the title..or at the very least, give me a Curry or Dominos injury..

Don't know why you're talking TBH. You said SA would get blown out every game. Not only did that not happen, SA completely punked GS on their home floor until Zaza happened. Even then, they didn't lose by double digits either tbh..

dabom
05-14-2017, 06:44 PM

Stop being a faggot dude.

DPG21920
05-14-2017, 06:44 PM
That already had respect. What they don't have now is a healthy Kawhi Leonard.

They didn't have respect; at least not in the context of people truly discussing SA as the same caliber of team as GS. Everyone "respects" the Spurs but even Spurs fans dismiss the quality of this team.

HI-FI
05-14-2017, 06:46 PM
Top 10 Thread of the Year imho

SpurOutofTownFan
05-14-2017, 06:49 PM
All depends on kawhis ankle. Absolutely fucked by the refs and we were still up 23. And we still have it away even without him. How the fuck we got outrebounded is ridiculous cause if we don't we win even without Leonard.

Until KL went down the Spurs were up in rebounds by close to double the number, it all went down very fast after KL left

ElNono
05-14-2017, 06:49 PM

pretty much

mexicanjunior
05-14-2017, 06:51 PM
Meh...no one gives a shit about participation trophies...

HarlemHeat37
05-14-2017, 06:51 PM
Don't know why you're talking TBH. You said SA would get blown out every game. Not only did that not happen, SA completely punked GS on their home floor until Zaza happened. Even then, they didn't lose by double digits either tbh..

Who cares? It's going to be a sweep or a 5-game series, as most predicted..

What does respect get you? Who the fuck remembers how well a team played when they lost? Name me the last time a team was celebrated for losing..

daledondale
05-14-2017, 06:52 PM
Respect don't get you rings, it's a loser's speech.

HarlemHeat37
05-14-2017, 06:52 PM

:lol what? You're celebrating getting respect now? Stop, man..you can't have title aspirations for your team and then be content that they just competed..

daledondale
05-14-2017, 06:54 PM
But i'm very proud of the heart showed against adversity, specially Manu with 50 years. Hope KL get well soon.

dabom
05-14-2017, 06:54 PM
:lol what? You're celebrating getting respect now? Stop, man..you can't have title aspirations for your team and then be content that they just competed..

You slobbering the Warriors is what I'm calling you out on. :lmao

hater
05-14-2017, 06:55 PM
This sucks fellas

resistanze
05-14-2017, 06:55 PM
:lol Everyone is heated, its all good...

Spurs showed they can compete and had their dirty player knock out Kawhi tbh...

I was at a food truck even in SF watching this game and almost got into fight with somone...I am proud of this team tbh

HarlemHeat37
05-14-2017, 06:56 PM
You slobbering the Warriors is what I'm calling you out on. :lmao

How am I slobbering over the Warriors? I was literally the first person on this forum to make a thread calling them out for their antics, years ago:lol

And that's irrelevant in this thread, anyways..it's about respect that the Spurs supposedly gained..if you watch the post-game press conference, the Warriors aren't showing the Spurs any respect and they're downplaying Kawhi's absence:lol

TampaDude
05-14-2017, 06:58 PM
Cavs don't have the Spurs defense.

Even if that's true, it still didn't stop the Cavs from cucking the Dubs last year, and that Dubs team was better than this year's Dubs team.

BillMc
05-14-2017, 07:00 PM
I'd gladly trade that respect for a fully healthy Kawhi. This doesn't sound good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OB_lrJBbFDc

Kawhi with class not taking the media bait and calling out Zaza.

cd98
05-14-2017, 07:01 PM
The reality is everyone is scared of GSW because of the names on the back of the jersey. A bunch of 3 years or less players coupled with a 39 year old hung with them until the end. Granted the Spurs had a huge lead whittled away, but when the game got close, they competed.

DPG21920
Who cares? It's going to be a sweep or a 5-game series, as most predicted..

What does respect get you? Who the fuck remembers how well a team played when they lost? Name me the last time a team was celebrated for losing..

If that's true, then why post anything at all? You posted your take on the game/match up and SA proved you wrong. Sure, a loss is a loss, but you were clearly wrong here.

LkrFan
Two issues with OP's theory:

1) 1st matchup was the first time the restacked Dubs ever played together. Who was #1 option - KD or Curry? What were the rotations gonna be? Etc etc. Spurs? Played together in the same system for years. That blowout loss wasn't surprising. Especially with the best frontline in the game.

Fast forward to today's game...

2) Dubs hadn't played in over a week. They were rusty. Took them a while to get with it.

Curry (40pts) and KD (34pts) brought their A-games (inexplicably, Klay Thompson stunk). Even if Leonard played and Steph/KD goes off like that, who does he stop? That high pick and roll play (between KD & Curryat the end of the game) that culminated in a Curry layup was a play I hadn't seen before. It was lethal.

Regardless, the Spurs blew a golden opportunity today. They were up 25 and rolling. When Leonard went down, it's the life of the Spurs died. They better regroup quickly. Game 2 is 48 hours away.

TampaDude
05-14-2017, 07:03 PM
Series is over without KL. Book it.

DPG21920
How am I slobbering over the Warriors? I was literally the first person on this forum to make a thread calling them out for their antics, years ago:lol

And that's irrelevant in this thread, anyways..it's about respect that the Spurs supposedly gained..if you watch the post-game press conference, the Warriors aren't showing the Spurs any respect and they're downplaying Kawhi's absence:lol

You are being a troll. You can disagree with what I said and that's fine. But this game was a "shock" to many national media types. That's who I am talking about. Spurs punched GS in the mouth.

I very clearly said the Spurs won't be remembered or celebrated :lol So I don't get your point there tbh...

I acknowledged that very thing but that was not the point of this thread.

HarlemHeat37
If that's true, then why post anything at all? You posted your take on the game/match up and SA proved you wrong. Sure, a loss is a loss, but you were clearly wrong here.

I wasn't wrong about anything:lol I picked the Warriors in 5 and I said the Spurs would compete..you're allowed to alter your prediction after looking into the numbers, which I did, as you can see if you look up the post in question..

If we're being real, though, this game was about the Warriors being rusty and taking the Spurs for granted IMO

DarrinS
Series is over without KL. Book it.

This

dabom
05-14-2017, 07:04 PM

Clearly the warriors are trash and only won because Zaza undercut the best player in the world. That's FACT.

The Spurs proved they were the better team. That goes against everything you have been saying these past 2 years. And now you are slobbering them, seeing how they are probably 100% chance to get through us, probably the only team that could beat them.

100%duncan
05-14-2017, 07:04 PM

I was at a food truck even in SF watching this game and almost got into fight with somone...I am proud of this team tbh

That would've been worth it imho

100%duncan
05-14-2017, 07:05 PM

1) 1st matchup was the first time the restacked Dubs ever played together. Who was #1 option - KD or Curry? What were the rotations gonna be? Etc etc. Spurs? Played together in the same system for years. That blowout loss wasn't surprising. Especially with the best frontline in the game.

2) Dubs hadn't played in over a week. They were rusty. Took them a while to get with it.

Curry (40pts) and KD (34pts) brought their A-games (inexplicably, Klay Thompson stunk). Even if Leonard played and Steph/KD goes off like that, who does he stop? That high pick and roll play that culminated in a Curry layup was a play I hadn't seen before. It was lethal.

Regardless, the Spurs blew a golden opportunity today. They were up 25 and rolling. When Leonard went down, it's the life of the Spurs died. They better regroup quickly. Game 2 is 48 hours away.

Everybody knows Spurs are losing game 2. Game 1 was the game to steal.

UZER
05-14-2017, 07:05 PM

Curry (40pts) and KD (34pts) brought their A-games (inexplicably, Klay Thompson stunk). Even if Leonard played and Steph/KD goes off like that, who does he stop? That high pick and roll play that culminated in a Curry layup was a play I hadn't seen before. It was lethal.

Awe... Thanks for watching the Spurs play today.

FkLA
05-14-2017, 07:07 PM
People still think it will be a sweep and that the Spurs are still really overmatched after that? Unless Kawhi is out for the series, I wouldn't be all that surprised if the Spurs won both home games to tie it up.

DPG21920
05-14-2017, 07:08 PM

False narrative. Spurs added many new pieces to the team as well. Tim retired (huge change), added Pau (huge change), added many new role players, etc..It was the new look Spurs as well.

Dubs were fully healthy though, so the rust argument doesn't sit with me. Also, that extra rest also meant extra time to gameplan, watch film, practice, etc..

KD did vast majority of his damage AFTER Kawhi left.

Before Kawhi Injury:

After Kawhi Injury:

I'm not saying KD sucks or Curry sucks. They played great and still only won by two. They didn't figure anything out. After half time, SA still had a 20 point lead in the 3rd quarter when Kawhi got hurt.

HarlemHeat37
05-14-2017, 07:08 PM
Clearly the warriors are trash and only won because Zaza undercut the best player in the world. That's FACT.

The Spurs proved they were the better team. That goes against everything you have been saying these past 2 years. And now you are slobbering them, seeing how they are probably 100% chance to get through us, probably the only team that could beat them.

There's nothing that backs up the Spurs being better than the Warriors the past 2 years, tbh..they lost in the 2nd round, last year:lol

DPG21920
05-14-2017, 07:09 PM
I wasn't wrong about anything:lol I picked the Warriors in 5 and I said the Spurs would compete..you're allowed to alter your prediction after looking into the numbers, which I did, as you can see if you look up the post in question..

If we're being real, though, this game was about the Warriors being rusty and taking the Spurs for granted IMO

Nah - we both know you thought SA would get their a** whooped. Don't have to lie to kick it my man.

dabom
05-14-2017, 07:11 PM
There's nothing that backs up the Spurs being better than the Warriors the past 2 years, tbh..they lost in the 2nd round, last year:lol

Warriors has only played one healthy Playoff team, and they lost a 3-1 lead. :lmao

FkLA
05-14-2017, 07:13 PM

It could be a match-up thing. For the most part, we've had better seasons than the Clippers yet they own the Spurs and most of us are terrified of facing them. Similarly, the Spurs always seem to hold their own against GS.

HarlemHeat37
05-14-2017, 07:14 PM
It could be a match-up thing. For the most part, we've had better seasons than the Clippers yet they own the Spurs and most of us are terrified of facing them. Similarly, the Spurs always seem to hold their own against GS.

If we're being honest, Parker being out has helped the Spurs tremendously, tbh..not sure why people keep bringing up his name as a key loss:lol

Floyd Pacquiao
05-14-2017, 07:16 PM

:tu

TD 21
05-14-2017, 07:17 PM

Bullshit. I remember seeing a post where you said Warriors in 5, with 4 blowout wins.

I guess this is the '17 version of you claiming to be wrong and calling Aldridge a great player, only to revert the very next game, delete the post and pretend it never happened . . . :lmao At being insecure and image conscious on a message board.

DPG21920
05-14-2017, 07:18 PM

Curry (40pts) and KD (34pts) brought their A-games (inexplicably, Klay Thompson stunk). Even if Leonard played and Steph/KD goes off like that, who does he stop? That high pick and roll play (between KD & Curryat the end of the game) that culminated in a Curry layup was a play I hadn't seen before. It was lethal.

A little more context for your questions:

HarlemHeat37
05-14-2017, 07:21 PM
Bullshit. I remember seeing a post where you said Warriors in 5, with 4 blowout wins.

I guess this is the '17 version of you claiming to be wrong and calling Aldridge a great player, only to revert the very next game, delete the post and pretend it never happened . . . :lmao At being insecure and image conscious on a message board.
Yes, I did, and then I edited it after looking into the series..look it up, it was well before game 1 began:lol in what world are you not permitted to alter a prediction before a series begins?

I always admit when I'm wrong, tbh(I never said I was wrong about Aldridge and called him a great player, though, typical lie)..you guys are actually celebrating that the Spurs didn't get blown out in game 1:lol

DPG21920
05-14-2017, 07:24 PM
Yes, I did, and then I edited it after looking into the series..look it up, it was well before game 1 began:lol in what world are you not permitted to alter a prediction before a series begins?

I always admit when I'm wrong, tbh(I never said I was wrong about Aldridge and called him a great player, though, typical lie)..you guys are actually celebrating that the Spurs didn't get blown out in game 1:lol

Nah. This is you bending the truth. No one is celebrating the loss. Most everyone is universally pissed. What we are saying is that this team proved something to everyone (or at least they should have). Yes, they lost and no one is happy. It's literally stated in my OP that no one will remember the little things like this only the loss.

But they proved they are in the same tier as GS. That is what people are saying. It's not celebrating the loss at all. But you already knew that.

LkrFan
05-14-2017, 07:24 PM

That's part 1 of my question. Part 2 is Steph's 40pts. They both went off. Leonard can't stop them both. Looks like they both are clicking now.

He stops KD, then Curry goes off. Put him on Curry, then KD goes off.

...and if Klay ever joins the series...what does Pop do? He was 2-11 in 39 minutes. THAT is why they were down 25 and won by only 2.

HarlemHeat37
05-14-2017, 07:25 PM
Also, the Warriors came back from a 25-point deficit vs. the Spurs just a few months ago, tbh..this is the 2nd time they've easily made a comeback vs. the Spurs, this season..I think it's evident that they feel like they're in control vs. the Spurs, regardless of the score..

TD 21
05-14-2017, 07:26 PM
Yes, I did, and then I edited it after looking into the series..look it up, it was well before game 1 began:lol in what world are you not permitted to change a prediction?

I always admit when I'm wrong, tbh..you guys are actually celebrating that the Spurs didn't get blown out in game 1:lol

"Looking into the series" . . . okay, Zach Lowe. As if you discovered something you didn't already know.

No, you don't; you spin and I'm not celebrating shit, but you appear to be. Apparently you're happy, that the team you're supposedly a fan of, suffered another in a long line of heartbreaking defeats and any chance at a competitive series went out the window.

dabom
That's part 1 of my question. Part 2 is Steph's 40pts. They both went off. Leonard can't stop them both. Looks like they both are clicking now.

...and if Klay ever joins the series...what does Pop do? He was 2-11 in 39 minutes. THAT is why they were down 25 and won by only 2.

That's not how basketball works son. Spurs still win by 20 at the end of the day if Kawhi is still there. Are you gonna try to deny that? :lol

DPG21920

If Curry goes off and not KD, GS doesn't win. You are crazy if you think that GS had the answers and not SA. With Kawhi, SA has 2-3 elite defenders in Danny and Simmons to a lesser degree. It's why SA matches up as good as possible with GS.

midnightpulp
05-14-2017, 07:27 PM
If we're being honest, Parker being out has helped the Spurs tremendously, tbh..not sure why people keep bringing up his name as a key loss:lol

It is a key loss. Parker was turning back the clock and probing and penetrating like it was '09 again. THAT version of Parker has traditionally given Wardell fits. Combine that with Golden State's lack of shot-blocking, and this could've been a series for him. Furthermore, the Spurs lack ball handlers as it is, putting even more pressure on Kawhi to pretty much do EVERYTHING offensively.

Parker playing also preserves the PG rotation. As I've said all year, Patty is worlds more comfortable coming off the bench where he can freewheel with that unit. But I guess an undersized spot-up shooting slower version of Eddie House starting helps the Spurs tremendously because RPM or something :lol (never mind the fact that when you look deeper into the metrics, the Spurs lose about 5 net rating points [theoretically] when Mills starts vs. coming off the bench).

DPG21920
05-14-2017, 07:27 PM
Also, the Warriors came back from a 25-point deficit vs. the Spurs just a few months ago, tbh..this is the 2nd time they've easily made a comeback vs. the Spurs, this season..I think it's evident that they feel like they're in control vs. the Spurs, regardless of the score..

Funny how that comeback didn't start until Kawhi was gone. Halfway into the 3rd quarter the lead was 20.

UZER
05-14-2017, 07:28 PM

No no no, he was just rusty.

HarlemHeat37
05-14-2017, 07:28 PM
"Looking into the series" . . . okay, Zach Lowe. As if you discovered something you didn't already know.

No, you don't; you spin and I'm not celebrating shit, but you appear to be. Apparently you're happy, that the team you're supposedly a fan of, suffered another in a long line of heartbreaking defeats and any chance at a competitive series went out the window.
Well, I bet on most games(as you already know, even if you're going to pretend not to), so yes, I do look into them thoroughly..

And that last part is trash:lol name me one example where I refused to admit I was wrong, excluding the Aldridge shit(which had an agenda behind it, since most of you look like fools in that thread)..

DPG21920
05-14-2017, 07:30 PM
HH - the way you are being completely obtuse in this thread shows something else is up.

You keep touting "who cares, a loss is a loss!" And ignoring that I wrote that in the post. You are purposely ignoring the idea behind what I said (whether or not you agree with it).

HarlemHeat37
05-14-2017, 07:32 PM
Funny how that comeback didn't start until Kawhi was gone. Halfway into the 3rd quarter the lead was 20.

Obviously Kawhi being out changed the game, but at the end of the day, this is the 2nd consecutive game vs. the Spurs where the Warriors erased a 25-point deficit, one of them without their best player..

LkrFan
05-14-2017, 07:32 PM
If Curry goes off and not KD, GS doesn't win. You are crazy if you think that GS had the answers and not SA. With Kawhi, SA has 2-3 elite defenders in Danny and Simmons to a lesser degree. It's why SA matches up as good as possible with GS.

I must be crazy then. Klay is a flatout scorer. He scored 6 points. That's a Major reason why Pop's strategy worked on KD. Klay scores even 15, it's a blowout.

midnightpulp
05-14-2017, 07:34 PM
HH - the way you are being completely obtuse in this thread shows something else is up.

You keep touting "who cares, a loss is a loss!" And ignoring that I wrote that in the post. You are purposely ignoring the idea behind what I said (whether or not you agree with it).

Harlem is my dude, but he has a secret appreciation for the Warriors that borders on fandom. I think it's because he sees them as the anitdote to "nostalgic 90's ball" and enjoys how the Warriors play style annoys old school players. Warriors are also trendy and Harlem usually likes anything that is perceived as hip and youthful.

Reality is the Warriors are a product of fucktarded rule changes that have dumbed-down the game and were also designed to bring in more casual fans whose attention spans were too short to watch post-play.

TD 21
05-14-2017, 07:36 PM
Well, I bet on most games(as you already know, even if you're going to pretend not to), so yes, I do look into them thoroughly..

And that last part is trash:lol name me one example where I refused to admit I was wrong, excluding the Aldridge shit(which had an agenda behind it, since most of you look like fools in that thread)..

So you didn't already know all you needed to about the team you're supposedly a fan of and the team you're a fan of the moment of?

"Agenda behind it", aka spin. I can't name another example off the top, but I can see I've never actually see you admit wrong (and before you attempt to make this about me, I just did a few days ago). Granted, I don't spend half my life on this forum like you, with your countless "alts", but still.

Harlem is my dude, but he has a secret appreciation for the Warriors that borders on fandom. I think it's because he sees them as the anitdote to "nostalgic 90's ball" and enjoys how the Warriors play style annoys old school players. Warriors are also trendy and Harlem usually likes anything that is perceived as hip and youthful.

Reality is the Warriors are a product of fucktarded rule changes that have dumbed-down the game and were also designed to bring in more casual fans whose attention spans were too short to watch post-play.

HI-FI
05-14-2017, 07:39 PM

Guillermo, are Warriors your backup team? It seems like since Lakers' lottery threepeat, that's where all Lakerfan has gone.

LkrFan
05-14-2017, 07:41 PM
Guillermo, are Warriors your backup team? It seems like since Lakers' lottery threepeat, that's where all Lakerfan has gone.

:lol

Of course not son! :downspin:

DPG21920
05-14-2017, 07:42 PM
I must be crazy then. Klay is a flatout scorer. He scored 6 points. That's a Major reason why Pop's strategy worked on KD. Klay scores even 15, it's a blowout.

What the f*ck? If Klay scored 15 when Kawhi was playing, SA would still have been up double digits.

midnightpulp
05-14-2017, 07:42 PM

Longo IS coming

Arcadian
05-14-2017, 07:45 PM
I agree. To me it felt like the 2013 Finals when everyone thought we'd get destroyed. We didn't QUITE win, but we sure proved those faggots wrong regardless. (And then 2014 happened, of course, making it even better.)

midnightpulp
05-14-2017, 07:47 PM
I agree. To me it felt like the 2013 Finals when everyone thought we'd get destroyed. We didn't QUITE win, but we sure proved those faggots wrong regardless.

The team was peaking, even with Parker. They were proving to be more than the sum of their parts and had a real shot in this series.

Now that idea is cast forever to the realm of "We'll never know."

LkrFan
05-14-2017, 07:48 PM
What the f*ck? If Klay scored 15 when Kawhi was playing, SA would still have been up double digits.

2-11 in 39 minutes. He stunk. Allowed y'all to really focus on KD. Then Steph got loose in the 3rd. KD in the 4th. But when they needed him to play in the 1st half, Klay stunk, and y'all led by 25.

Like I said, if Klay shows up, it's not even close.

playbonner15
05-14-2017, 07:48 PM

You're the hero this forum need tbh:bobo

dabom
05-14-2017, 07:49 PM
2-11 in 39 minutes. He stunk. Allowed y'all to really focus on KD. Then Steph got loose in the 3rd. KD in the 4th. But when they needed him to play in the 1st half, Klay stunk, and y'all led by 25.

You keep saying this. Stop dude. That was a game 1 blowout by the Spurs.

RD2191
05-14-2017, 07:50 PM

If you were born in the USA you wouldn't be getting deported, Pedro.

LkrFan
05-14-2017, 07:50 PM
Longo IS coming

Man I hope n:lolt

LkrFan
05-14-2017, 07:51 PM
If you were born in the USA you wouldn't be getting deported, Pedro.

gambit1990
What does respect get you? Who the fuck remembers how well a team played when they lost?
this. that's actually what i was gonna say.

let's say the spurs lose this series... in a few years there's gonna be a narrative that "the spurs didn't win the title in 2017... but they were respected after game 1 against the warriors"? :lol

people don't even give a shit about winning the conference.

if anything, the spurs were respected after winning game 6 against the rockets.

people who think this thread has any relevancy are being emotional.

i had spurs in 6. sucks kawhi got hurt, sucks we lost game 1... i don't give a shit if people respect us more :lol didn't give a shit if people respected us more after we beat the rockets.

YGWHI
They didn't have respect; at least not in the context of people truly discussing SA as the same caliber of team as GS.

So what? You can replace Spurs word with Kawhi and is the same thing.

Nobody respects him, not at Curry/KD's level even when he outplayed them in this game and had a way better season than them...

You have to realize that small market team, quiet superstars, don't get many flashes.

HarlemHeat37
05-14-2017, 07:53 PM
So you didn't already know all you needed to about the team you're supposedly a fan of and the team you're a fan of the moment of?

"Agenda behind it", aka spin. I can't name another example off the top, but I can see I've never actually see you admit wrong (and before you attempt to make this about me, I just did a few days ago). Granted, I don't spend half my life on this forum like you, with your countless "alts", but still.

Ya, that's what I thought:lol And ends it with a silly personal attack when I literally haven't had an alt in years, but whatever makes you feel better, it's all good..stop being so emotional, tbh, it's just a basketball game..

gambit1990
05-14-2017, 07:54 PM
if kawhi came back 100% and we still lost the series... no one is gonna be saying "well at least we were more respected after we lost game 1."

LkrFan
05-14-2017, 07:54 PM
Longo IS coming

:)

baseline bum
05-14-2017, 07:55 PM

The same Chad Ford who had Darko over LeBron?

dabom
05-14-2017, 07:55 PM
if kawhi came back 100% and we still lost the series... no one is gonna be saying "well at least we were more respected after we lost game 1."

He wasn't even 60% before the injuries... Why would he be 100% afterwards?

HarlemHeat37
05-14-2017, 07:56 PM
this. that's actually what i was gonna say.

let's say the spurs lose this series... in a few years there's gonna be a narrative that "the spurs didn't win the title in 2017... but they were respected after game 1 against the warriors"? :lol

people don't even give a shit about winning the conference.

if anything, the spurs were respected after winning game 6 against the rockets.

people who think this thread has any relevancy are being emotional.

i had spurs in 6. sucks kawhi got hurt, sucks we lost game 1... i don't give a shit if people respect us more :lol didn't give a shit if people respected us more after we beat the rockets.

Also, nobody remembers injuries when discussing the championship winners..there are no actual asterisks..

The Warriors didn't have their rings revoked because Love/Irving didn't play..the Lakers didn't give back their rings when Yao Ming broke his leg after the Rockets beat them in game 1 and when KG was out for the playoffs..the Spurs didn't care when Dirk missed half the 2003 series..nobody is going to care that Kawhi was dominating Durant and left the game, unfortunately..

UZER
05-14-2017, 07:56 PM

D'antoni, D'Angelo, De'Aaron. When will you learn?

gambit1990
05-14-2017, 07:57 PM
He wasn't even 60% before the injuries... Why would he be 100% afterwards?
not blaming anything on kawhi. at all. was just using the situation as an example.

dabom
05-14-2017, 08:00 PM
not blaming anything on kawhi. at all. was just using the situation as an example.

But no one is gonna blame Kawhi now, and I don't expect him to play at his MVP level for the rest of the series.

gambit1990
05-14-2017, 08:02 PM
Also, nobody remembers injuries when discussing the championship winners..there are no actual asterisks..

The Warriors didn't have their rings revoked because Love/Irving didn't play..the Lakers didn't give back their rings when Yao Ming broke his leg after the Rockets beat them in game 1 and when KG was out for the playoffs..the Spurs didn't care when Dirk missed half the 2003 series..nobody is going to care that Kawhi was dominating Durant and left the game, unfortunately..
this is the truth, 100%.

it sucks so much what happened today, can't remember the last time we've had such a devastating injury in the playoffs, let alone the WCF... if you wanna think the spurs are more respected to give you comfort, go for it i guess. you win or you lose, that's what happens... that's how history remembers you.

TD 21
05-14-2017, 08:03 PM
Ya, that's what I thought:lol And ends it with a silly personal attack when I literally haven't had an alt in years, but whatever makes you feel better, it's all good..stop being so emotional, tbh, it's just a basketball game..

At least I provided one example. You won't even answer a simple question . . . and how hypocritical of you to claim someone else is resorting to a "personal attack", when all you do is make fun of people and troll, with your countless "alts".

I'm not going to apologize for being as competitive as humanly possible or hating those arrogant pricks.

gambit1990
05-14-2017, 08:04 PM
But no one is gonna blame Kawhi now, and I don't expect him to play at his MVP level for the rest of the series.
yeah, kawhi deserves no blame. at all. i wasn't pinning anything negative on him.

really sucked to him on the floor like that... hopefully he recovers :claw

HarlemHeat37
05-14-2017, 08:04 PM
At least I provided one example. You won't even answer a simple question . . . and how hypocritical of you to claim someone else is resorting to a "personal attack", when all you do is make fun of people and troll, with your countless "alts".

I'm not going to apologize for being as competitive as humanly possible or hating those arrogant pricks.

I don't know where you're getting this from, tbh:lol I don't make fun of anybody and I don't have any alts, at the moment, I'm one of the friendliest people on this forum..you're just being emotional for no reason..

Mikeanaro
05-14-2017, 08:05 PM

He was really into the CHeat too when they were hip and groovy.

LkrFan
05-14-2017, 08:05 PM
D'antoni, D'Angelo, De'Aaron. When will you learn?

:lol - anybody but Lonzo tbh

LkrFan
05-14-2017, 08:07 PM
The same Chad Ford who had Darko over LeBron?

He said many boards - not jus his :lol

benefactor
05-14-2017, 08:09 PM
I don't know where you're getting this from, tbh:lol I don't make fun of anybody and I don't have any alts, at the moment, I'm one of the friendliest people on this forum..you're just being emotional for no reason..
He has more estrogen in his veins than testosterone tbh. It's expected.

HI-FI
05-14-2017, 08:12 PM

Who you rooting for in the Finals? I have a feeling you're a fan of the :claw since I never see you talk much shit about him.:lol

HarlemHeat37
05-14-2017, 08:13 PM

I can see where you're coming from and your first paragraph is pretty accurate, tbh..I've never denied I love watching Curry play and I'm a Draymond fan..I've also made a ton of money betting on he Warriors..I still dislike them, though, and questioning my Spurs fanhood when I average 11 posts/day on a Spurs forum is pretty stupid(not you, but the other guy)..

It's also true that I was the first person on this forum to call out the Warriors antics IIRC..also, as you should know from our time downstairs the past 5-6 years, I'm probably the biggest Durant hater on this forum, too:lol

gambit1990
05-14-2017, 08:13 PM
the warriors respect us even less imo. if kawhi didn't go down, or the spurs hung on to win, obviously a different story.

TD 21
05-14-2017, 08:15 PM

You do it all the time. I don't give a shit about it, I'm just saying, how hypocritical of you of all people to pull that. My saying you spend a lot of time on this forum is fact (even if it is mostly under your "alts" recently), not a personal attack.

I'm not being emotional at all. I was pissed off for a few minutes after the game ended, then it subsided. The days of that lasting for anything more than that are gone.

11 posts a day or not, the proof is in the pudding, or in this case, the content.

Arcadian
05-14-2017, 08:17 PM
The team was peaking, even with Parker. They were proving to be more than the sum of their parts and had a real shot in this series.

Now that idea is cast forever to the realm of "We'll never know."

Maybe we'll lose, but maybe next year can be our "2014" against GS.

HarlemHeat37
05-14-2017, 08:19 PM
You do it all the time. I don't give a shit about it, I'm just saying, how hypocritical of you of all people to pull that. My saying you spend a lot of time on this forum is fact (even if it is mostly under your "alts" recently), not a personal attack.

I'm not being emotional at all. I was pissed off for a few minutes after the game ended, then it subsided. The days of that lasting for anything more than that are gone.

I'm not offended(never am), just found it funny that you couldn't back up your point so you had to resort to non-basketball talk..

And just curious, who are my "alts" that you suspect? I've always found it humorous that nobody ever correctly guessed a single alt of mine when I used to actually have some 5-6 years ago, yet claim they know for a fact that I have some now, at a time where I don't:lol

LkrFan
05-14-2017, 08:19 PM
Who you rooting for in the Finals? I have a feeling you're a fan of the :claw since I never see you talk much shit about him.:lol

I respect Leonard. LeHype? Not so much.

If it is Dubs vs Cavs, you already know :lol

boutons_deux
05-14-2017, 08:20 PM
In 2nd half, Warriors turned up the defense and stopped Spurs' scoring 51 - 71

GSH
05-14-2017, 08:24 PM
Spurs were validated. Everyone, mostly due to how great this Warriors team is, dismissed SA as a legit team and threat to GS.

Even when in the regular season, SA showed they had more success vs GS than any other team and were built to exploit GS only weaknesses people dismissed them. I get why as well since GS is amazing.

However, this game, despite the heartbreaking turn of events, turned most everyone's heads I believe. It validated SA's greatness and how they are a LEGIT threat to GS and near that level of a team.

SA was punking GS on their home floor, like they had before, and it was not some meaningless regular season game you could just dismiss. GS was fully healthy. Fully rested and had ample time to gameplan for SA as well.

SA is just a damn good team and this proved it.

The Spurs earned respect when they sent Houston fishing after losing Tony Parker - especially when Tony had been playing so damn good.

There is zero doubt that the Spurs would have beaten the Dubs today, without Kawhi getting taken out. Not could have beaten them. WOULD have beaten them. Shit happens, and GSW got the W. This team is playing their best basketball when it counts. Murray has stepped up and shown that he isn't going to be intimidated by playoff pressure. Simmons has been outstanding for a guy who paid to walk on. I hope Pop will give Bertans a chance to prove himself as well.

At this point, all I want is to see the Spurs come out and play fearless and physical. I'm not ruling out the chance of them stealing a game without Kawhi, but even if they don't, I'm fine. If Kawhi comes back healthy (enough), I'm not ruling out anything. This team has either started playing better I the playoffs, of they were always better and you saw it. Either way, this was a damn good game in anybody's book.

Hoops Czar
05-14-2017, 08:33 PM

Just giving a shout to your boy Mills. He certainly earned my respect out there. Mad respect for showing up when the team needed him most. I truly hope Buford behind the scenes working overtime, trying to find any possible way to clear enough cap space to give Mills the kind of contract he deserves.

Hoops Czar
05-14-2017, 08:35 PM
the warriors respect us even less imo. if kawhi didn't go down, or the spurs hung on to win, obviously a different story.

Spurs still had Paddy out there. Warriors have to respect him.

dabom
05-14-2017, 08:35 PM
Just giving a shout to your boy Mills. He certainly earned my respect out there. Mad respect for showing up when the team needed him most. I truly hope Buford behind the scenes working overtime, trying to find any possible way to clear enough cap space to give Mills the kind of contract he deserves.
https://twitter.com/sam_amick/status/863819659983831041

spursreport
05-14-2017, 08:47 PM
I can see where you're coming from and your first paragraph is pretty accurate, tbh..I've never denied I love watching Curry play and I'm a Draymond fan..I've also made a ton of money betting on he Warriors..I still dislike them, though, and questioning my Spurs fanhood when I average 11 posts/day on a Spurs forum is pretty stupid(not you, but the other guy)..

It's also true that I was the first person on this forum to call out the Warriors antics IIRC..also, as you should know from our time downstairs the past 5-6 years, I'm probably the biggest Durant hater on this forum, too:lol

You're a piece of shit. I remember when you were blowing the Miami Heat with that other heat fan faggot piece of shit named zoheat or something. God you were unbearable those years.

DPG21920
05-14-2017, 08:48 PM

:lol That does not make any sense. If Kawhi isn't hurt and Klay plays well that does not make up 25 points. WTF are you even trying to say?

05-14-2017, 09:05 PM
The word respect seems so hollow after the way the game unfolded.

TD 21
05-14-2017, 09:11 PM
I'm not offended(never am), just found it funny that you couldn't back up your point so you had to resort to non-basketball talk..

And just curious, who are my "alts" that you suspect? I've always found it humorous that nobody ever correctly guessed a single alt of mine when I used to actually have some 5-6 years ago, yet claim they know for a fact that I have some now, at a time where I don't:lol

I did back it up with the Aldridge example, which you predictably attempted to spin. I'm not wasting my time sifting through thousands of posts to find others, but we both know it's true, as does anyone else who's seen enough of your work. The fact that you're not willing to admit as much, on a message board, is pathetic.

TheDoctor
05-14-2017, 09:16 PM

Respect :tu

resistanze
05-14-2017, 09:26 PM
You're the hero this forum need tbh:bobo

Respect :tu

I've watched the Spurs for about 20 years...regardless what people say this is one of the most painful losses I've seen (not 6 level, but still).

The Spurs were the heavy underdogs and even if Kawhi was in adn they stole game 1, they're probably still underdogs. But everything they needed for a potential upset (Kawhi abusing the Warriors + stealing game 1) was happening....only to have it taken away in emphatic (and dirty) fashion. I'm debating where I should work from home tomorrow...I don't wanna get fired. :lol

I totally understand why DPG made the thread tbh. The Warriors were heavily favored to win regardless of the circumstances; it's not like people had the Spurs winning. It was satisfying as fuck to see the Spurs actually show they had the tools for an upset in the making.

daslicer
05-14-2017, 09:35 PM

:lol You are a super troll that's why you have at least 11 posts a day on here. Spurstalk is troll heaven for you. It's a place where you don't have to worry about ever getting banned unlike the other forums where you have been banned from in the past which has been documented by other posters on here.

ElNono
05-14-2017, 09:36 PM
"moral victories" are meaningless... ask Sunsfan...

If anything, today Kawhi regained the angle that without him at 100% we're not contenders...

PopTheGOAT
05-14-2017, 09:38 PM
Even if that's true, it still didn't stop the Cavs from cucking the Dubs last year, and that Dubs team was better than this year's Dubs team.
Dubs are going to roll over the Cavs. Just wait. Spurs are quite a bit better than the Cavs, tbh.

pad300
05-14-2017, 09:57 PM
No, no they didn't. They just proved to the NBA that they will roll the fuck over, on dirty play and the refs trying to rig a game.

We couldn't buy a call tonight - illegal screens, touch fouls for the warriors, but getting mauled at the other end... And oh yeah, someone cheap shots our MVP out of the game.

"If you can't beat them in the alley, you can't beat them on the ice" - Conn Smythe.

Pachulia not getting chucked should have resulted in someone trying blatantly to put either KD or Curry out for the series, within the next 5 possessions. Just arm bar the fucker. If a fight breaks out, even better - they'll have as many players suspended as we do and we have the depth. Then you won't see low rent goons like Pach taking shots at our MVP, cause they know that their team will pay a real price, not him suspended for a game, and KD paying his fine. The refs will clamp down tight as fuck on everything for the rest of the series and that's fine - we can play that way - they rely on illegal screens.

What did this team do? It rolled over and got "rooked"... And therefore, this will be a 4 game series, we don't have enough nasty to fight back when we start getting hosed.

LkrFan
05-15-2017, 05:01 AM
:lol That does not make any sense. If Kawhi isn't hurt and Klay plays well that does not make up 25 points. WTF are you even trying to say?

Their 3rd best player shit the bed. If he plays his normal game, it's not even close yesterday. We'll have to agree to disagree son.

And what's with all this respect talk? When was the last time y'all won less than 50 games? I think Preisident Reagan was still in office. :lol Don't mind my sarcasm but respect for the Spurs began long time ago son ;)

Bonus: Iggy played like 10 minutes yesterday and is probably out game 2. He's huge off their bench.

TrainOfThought5
05-15-2017, 05:38 AM

ROFLMAO. shhhhh

DPG21920
05-15-2017, 10:53 AM
Their 3rd best player shit the bed. If he plays his normal game, it's not even close yesterday. We'll have to agree to disagree son.

And what's with all this respect talk? When was the last time y'all won less than 50 games? I think Preisident Reagan was still in office. :lol Don't mind my sarcasm but respect for the Spurs began long time ago son ;)

Bonus: Iggy played like 10 minutes yesterday and is probably out game 2. He's huge off their bench.

So you are saying if Klay plays great, that in the first half the Spurs 25 point lead not only doesn't exist but that SA is down big?

testies
05-15-2017, 10:59 AM
No, no they didn't. They just proved to the NBA that they will roll the fuck over, on dirty play and the refs trying to rig a game.

We couldn't buy a call tonight - illegal screens, touch fouls for the warriors, but getting mauled at the other end... And oh yeah, someone cheap shots our MVP out of the game.

"If you can't beat them in the alley, you can't beat them on the ice" - Conn Smythe.

Pachulia not getting chucked should have resulted in someone trying blatantly to put either KD or Curry out for the series, within the next 5 possessions. Just arm bar the fucker. If a fight breaks out, even better - they'll have as many players suspended as we do and we have the depth. Then you won't see low rent goons like Pach taking shots at our MVP, cause they know that their team will pay a real price, not him suspended for a game, and KD paying his fine. The refs will clamp down tight as fuck on everything for the rest of the series and that's fine - we can play that way - they rely on illegal screens.

What did this team do? It rolled over and got "rooked"... And therefore, this will be a 4 game series, we don't have enough nasty to fight back when we start getting hosed.

QFT

testies
05-15-2017, 11:01 AM
What happens if Joel Anthony comes in, and legit arm bars Durant? Like, a textbook jiu jitsu armlock? He gets suspended forever, sure. But we win the series probably.
Like, when does this stop? At one point the franchise has to be punished with being eliminated or something.. player suspensions aren't enough

spursistan
05-15-2017, 01:47 PM

It almost feel like hopping on the Warriors bandwagon is some kind of a shtick HH playing to rile up Spurs fans on this forum (being a fan of their biggest scumbag in Green and putting his donkey face in his Avi just like few other lakers troll). Because, if it's not, I don't know what kind of disgraceful stance for supposed Spur fan to be this emotionally attached to his favorite team's main roadblock..:lol

I think he's probably bet money on them to lose certain amount of games in these playoffs, which explains the coldness bordering on the satisfaction with last night's result on his part..

tmtcsc
05-15-2017, 02:06 PM
No offense, but it means absolutely nothing. The Spurs are already the most respected organization in the league. What they earned was an embarrassing loss because they stopped playing when KL got hurt. They stopped having confidence, stopped being composed, started turning the ball over and let Curry tip toe on them. Such weak bullshit and screams of not believing in one's self.

DPG21920
05-15-2017, 02:10 PM
We know it "means nothing". But I PERSONALLY like knowing that SA did prove that they are GS level to all those that never really believed it. Plenty of media talking about how they were shocked at what SA was doing. It legitimized them in their minds.

I'm not talking about GS. I'm not saying it matters to everyone. But to me, it makes me happy.

LkrFan
05-15-2017, 03:02 PM
So you are saying if Klay plays great, that in the first half the Spurs 25 point lead not only doesn't exist but that SA is down big?

No, I'm saying SA would be down big, but if Klay hits his normal shots, the likelihood that you guys are up 25 are slim to none. Remember, this is the same Klay that notched an NBA record 37-point quarter.

A lot of those missed Dub shots lead to fast breaks and/or early SA offense.

If he hits his normal amount of shots (he is a Splash Brotha, after all) within the flow of their normal offense, I'd venture to guess they'd be up at the half vice being down 20+.

tmtcsc
05-15-2017, 03:06 PM
No, I'm saying SA would be down big, but if Klay hits his normal shots, the likelihood that you guys are up 25 are slim to none. Remember, this is the same Klay that notched an NBA record 37-point quarter.

A lot of those missed Dub shots lead to fast breaks and/or early SA offense.

If he hits his normal amount of shots (he is a Splash Brotha, after all) within the flow of their normal offense, I'd venture to guess they'd be up at the half vice being down 20+.

This isn't abnormal for Klay. In fact, this happens quite often. He'll be unstoppable one game and give you 6-10 pts the next. He goes through long droughts at times. The Spurs had the game in control but I'm sure GS would have made a push. I just think the Spurs WITH Kawhi would have been able to withstand it enough. Give them a 6 pt win? Doesn't matter now. It was a terrible, blown opportunity that will likely result in the Spurs not winning one game in this series. A win would have made it interesting.

tmtcsc
05-15-2017, 03:10 PM
We know it "means nothing". But I PERSONALLY like knowing that SA did prove that they are GS level to all those that never really believed it. Plenty of media talking about how they were shocked at what SA was doing. It legitimized them in their minds.

I'm not talking about GS. I'm not saying it matters to everyone. But to me, it makes me happy.

:toast Gotchya. I thought the Spurs had the right roster to win it all this year. Even thought they had a chance after Parker went down. I was holding out some sort of hope that they would find their groove, share the ball and come together and execute what the FO had in mind.. Maybe they were on their way, but we'll never know. I hope they show some pride from here on out and give the necessary effort to make things difficult for GS. Win 1 game against GS, and the Dubs were probably due for a loss. Win 2 games and I'll be extremely impressed. Win 3 games and I'll be proud as hell and have hope for next year. Win the series and I'm dancing around in the street.

LkrFan
05-15-2017, 03:14 PM
This isn't abnormal for Klay. In fact, this happens quite often. He'll be unstoppable one game and give you 6-10 pts the next. He goes through long droughts at times. The Spurs had the game in control but I'm sure GS would have made a push. I just think the Spurs WITH Kawhi would have been able to withstand it enough. Give them a 6 pt win? Doesn't matter now. It was a terrible, blown opportunity that will likely result in the Spurs not winning one game in this series. A win would have made it interesting.

On a lesser level, this is how I felt about Lamar Odom. He can give us a 23/15/6 one game, then 10/8/2 the next. He was frustrating as hell. :lol

TD 21
05-15-2017, 04:45 PM
It almost feel like hopping on the Warriors bandwagon is some kind of a shtick HH playing to rile up Spurs fans on this forum (being a fan of their biggest scumbag in Green and putting his donkey face in his Avi just like few other lakers troll). Because, if it's not, I don't know what kind of disgraceful stance for supposed Spur fan to be this emotionally attached to his favorite team's main roadblock..:lol

I think he's probably bet money on them to lose certain amount of games in these playoffs, which explains the coldness bordering on the satisfaction with last night's result on his part..

:lmao :tu

SpurOutofTownFan
05-15-2017, 07:32 PM

For sure the Spurs with Kawhi wouldn't go with 18 uncontested points in a row. They had no answer for Kawhi whenever he wanted to penetrate. There were at least 4 combined dunks only the first half. Of course GS would try to do a couple runs but the game was firmly in SA's hands

GSH
05-15-2017, 07:42 PM
No offense, but it means absolutely nothing. The Spurs are already the most respected organization in the league. What they earned was an embarrassing loss because they stopped playing when KL got hurt. They stopped having confidence, stopped being composed, started turning the ball over and let Curry tip toe on them. Such weak bullshit and screams of not believing in one's self.

LOL. Bunch of long time posters saying things like "no offense" and "with respect". We're all disappointed, and we're all pissed off. And we don't want to piss on people we like and/or respect, but we don't feel like agreeing about shit right now. There's no bright side, and there's no silver lining. :lol

Better still... :toast

LMA can play soft as hell, and I've commented on it too many times. I wouldn't disagree with you about that part. But I even commented in the game thread about Pau coming into the game and not being able to play aggressively like he had been in the first half, because of foul trouble. Aldridge did his too-usual soft thing. But he was in the same boat. When you're playing on eggshells, because of foul trouble, you can't play your best game. And there's nothing worse than picking up a shit offensive foul for lowering a shoulder in the paint, when they let that shit go on all the time the rest of the game.

That was just a perfect storm of shit going wrong. Some of it was playing soft, no doubt. But a lot of other things had to come together, too. The worst, for my money, was the fact that Pachulia was allowed to do whatever he wanted to do, in order to get Curry the space to take those shots. Any one of those gets called... just one of many... and it's a different outcome, and we don't have this discussion over a close call.

Mikeanaro
05-15-2017, 07:43 PM
Nope, Spurs must take the extra step every time Durant shoots, same with Curry since both are ankle divas.

SpurOutofTownFan
05-15-2017, 08:27 PM
LOL. Bunch of long time posters saying things like "no offense" and "with respect". We're all disappointed, and we're all pissed off. And we don't want to piss on people we like and/or respect, but we don't feel like agreeing about shit right now. There's no bright side, and there's no silver lining. :lol

Better still... :toast

LMA can play soft as hell, and I've commented on it too many times. I wouldn't disagree with you about that part. But I even commented in the game thread about Pau coming into the game and not being able to play aggressively like he had been in the first half, because of foul trouble. Aldridge did his too-usual soft thing. But he was in the same boat. When you're playing on eggshells, because of foul trouble, you can't play your best game. And there's nothing worse than picking up a shit offensive foul for lowering a shoulder in the paint, when they let that shit go on all the time the rest of the game.

That was just a perfect storm of shit going wrong. Some of it was playing soft, no doubt. But a lot of other things had to come together, too. The worst, for my money, was the fact that Pachulia was allowed to do whatever he wanted to do, in order to get Curry the space to take those shots. Any one of those gets called... just one of many... and it's a different outcome, and we don't have this discussion over a close call.

It's a sad time when I have to say this but since the NBA will not do anything to stop that screening then the only recourse any team have against GS is to smack the hell out of Curry, Klay or KD or injure them the way Zaza got KL. At least that would level the playing field.

Hoops Czar
05-15-2017, 08:37 PM

I don't think you're being honest with yourself. When Paddy was running the offense after Kawhi went down, the Spurs looked mostly disjointed and dysfunctional and most of the scoring came from broken plays. Tony may not be what he used to be but, he can still run an NBA offense and he proved that in this year's playoffs. Don't even get me started on Paddy's defense.