PDA

View Full Version : Murray Looks Fearless

BillMc
05-14-2017, 08:14 PM
Lost in all the justifiable gloom about the KL injury and the loss is that Murray is developing quickly and looks like he has no fear of the moment. Yeah, he made some mistakes, but this kid's going to be good very soon.

DarrinS
05-14-2017, 08:16 PM
I like what I see from him so far

Mikeanaro
05-14-2017, 08:19 PM
Goes to the rim with ease, nice tear drop and moves good for a rookie, I guess we will see plenty of him during game 2.

tmtcsc
05-14-2017, 08:26 PM
Realistically, I'm looking ahead to the future. This deflating loss will most likely lead to a sweep. If things play out as they should, Spurs get blown out in Game 2 (I'll say 28 points), lose by 15 in Game 3 and about 7 in Game 4. They aren't mentally ready to win. They don't believe they can win. They lost their composure out there today. You could see it on Manu's face. He knows this loss is going to crush any thought or belief they had of winning this series. They have now blown back to back 25 point leads to the Dubs. Ridiculous.

I want to see Murray get more minutes out there. He screwed up but he also made some things happen.

SAGirl
05-14-2017, 08:28 PM
Definitely.
I wanted to see him out there more.
Obviously Pop super strict over mistakes.. but when you realize how many mistakes were made by others, specially JSimms... I thought some more Murray couldn't have hurt.

I don't know what happens with Kawhi's ankle, hopefully he's back on his feet soon and we can erase this demoralizing meltdown of a loss by our team out of our mind, but if he's not, I'd play Murray more.

tmtcsc
05-14-2017, 08:30 PM
This is the series that Pau and Lamarcus need to assert themselves on the boards and in the paint. Pau is playing like shit and not giving the team anything.

100%duncan
05-14-2017, 08:30 PM
Boy's always been a stud. He isn't afraid. Future is bright.

GSH
05-14-2017, 08:32 PM
Lost in all the justifiable gloom about the KL injury and the loss is that Murray is developing quickly and looks like he has no fear of the moment. Yeah, he made some mistakes, but this kid's going to be good very soon.

That's a damn good thread. :tu

Murry looked exactly fearless. There aren't many rookies who could have dealt with this kind of pressure as well. Yes, the defense gets the best of him sometimes, but he never hangs his head, and he never plays hesitantly. As far as I'm concerned, he's already good.

He's going to be a very good addition to Kawhi Leonard.

cjw
05-14-2017, 08:37 PM
Right now it's about treading water until summer of 2018 when the Spurs will have one of the cleanest cap situations in a league full of bad contracts. If there's a title between now and then, it'd be amazing but unexpected. By 2018, Warriors will lose key role players and Lebron will be even older. No guarantee of any other team ascending.

spursistan
05-14-2017, 08:38 PM
I would start him if Mills continues to shit the bed in this series..Golden State own Paddy soul since Livingston got there....

GSH
05-14-2017, 08:42 PM
Realistically, I'm looking ahead to the future. This deflating loss will most likely lead to a sweep. If things play out as they should, Spurs get blown out in Game 2 (I'll say 28 points), lose by 15 in Game 3 and about 7 in Game 4. They aren't mentally ready to win. They don't believe they can win. They lost their composure out there today. You could see it on Manu's face. He knows this loss is going to crush any thought or belief they had of winning this series. They have now blown back to back 25 point leads to the Dubs. Ridiculous.

I want to see Murray get more minutes out there. He screwed up but he also made some things happen.

With respect, they lost their starting PG, and THEN they lost the best player on either team. And let's not forget that Kawhi is still arguably the best defender in the league, and the Spurs were getting the job done with defense. That's probably more important to what happened than losing his offense.

bklynspursfan
05-14-2017, 08:43 PM
Aside from Murray's first shot, (an air ball, maybe due to the situation) he def seemed fearless attacking which is good.

Beverely pressured him and got him out of sorts. GS will try and do the same, so hopefully he's ready for that. Especially when Patty is struggling from 3, if Murray could be a guy to come in and generate points, it would obviously be a big help.

bklynspursfan
05-14-2017, 08:44 PM
Right now it's about treading water until summer of 2018 when the Spurs will have one of the cleanest cap situations in a league full of bad contracts. If there's a title between now and then, it'd be amazing but unexpected. By 2018, Warriors will lose key role players and Lebron will be even older. No guarantee of any other team ascending.

Was this your thought process before Kawhi went out?

SPURt
05-14-2017, 08:49 PM
like a dog that ate tensil on Christmas, there is a silver lining in this steaming pile of dog shit and it's Murray

vander
05-14-2017, 09:05 PM
also, he didn't go 0-6 from 3

0-6

a paid professional basketball player

0-6

DMC
05-14-2017, 09:07 PM
He's got promise. This trial by fire is the absolute best thing that could ever happen to his career. Imagine instead he's in Philly, no one ever hears of him. Right now he's probably 100% committed to improvement, no partying, nothing.

DMC
05-14-2017, 09:08 PM
also, he didn't go 0-6 from 3

0-6

a paid professional basketball player

0-6

Happens all the time in the NBA. Nothing unusual.

TD 21
05-14-2017, 09:24 PM

I don't know about that. There's a good chance Mills is re-signed and the MLE will be spent, it's just a question of Dedmon or failing that someone(s) else. Simmons, who knows? Let's say Mills gets $10-12M, MLE is 8.4M and if retained, Simmons costs in that neighborhood too. That's $25+ M added to the '18 payroll and that doesn't even factor in Green and Aldridge more than likely opting out and seeking raises in '18, as well as extensions for Bertans and probably Anderson, too.

spursmvp
05-14-2017, 09:27 PM
I think he needs to learn how to shoot 3's and he'll be unstoppable. Right now teams can just give him the rondo treatment.

spurraider21
05-14-2017, 09:27 PM
this is why it's frustrating pop didn't make more of an effort to get him minutes in inconsequential regular season games

baseline bum
05-14-2017, 09:28 PM
He looks pretty scared of the three point line tbh

myhc
05-14-2017, 09:31 PM
I love this kid. Give him 25+ minutes/game next year and live with the results like we did with Parker.

Ice009
05-14-2017, 09:41 PM
He looks pretty scared of the three point line tbh

Well at least he's not an idiot jacking up 3s if he knows he's not a good/great shooter yet. I call that smart. As long as he takes wide open ones, I'm OK with him being smart to drive the ball instead. He knows he can get to the rim, so he's doing that rather than taking 3s even if they are a little bit open.

PopTheGOAT
05-14-2017, 09:54 PM
I love this kid. Gonna be special for sure. When KD leaves GS, the window is gonna open right back up for us, tbh.

cjw
05-14-2017, 10:05 PM
Was this your thought process before Kawhi went out?

Yes, been my thought process since Durant signed in GS. If you somehow win, great. But no reason to throw in all the chips from a roster construction perspective that hurt you in the long term.

Did not mean it in terms of the effort on the floor. Two totally different concepts. No different than how the Celtics didn't cash in their future assets but are still trying to compete this year (except Spurs are a much more real contender).

I don't know about that. There's a good chance Mills is re-signed and the MLE will be spent, it's just a question of Dedmon or failing that someone(s) else. Simmons, who knows? Let's say Mills gets $10-12M, MLE is 8.4M and if retained, Simmons costs in that neighborhood too. That's $25+ M added to the '18 payroll and that doesn't even factor in Green and Aldridge more than likely opting out and seeking raises in '18, as well as extensions for Bertans and probably Anderson, too.

The artificially high Ginobili figure comes way down and Parker/Gasol are almost $30mm of expiring deals. Green and Aldridge almost certainly opt out but you maintain Bird rights and can likely fit in one other piece in summer of 2018. I do agree though that the best move is to stay pat and keep everyone you can. Mills and Simmons can't be replaced for just the MLE which is all Spurs will have, so need to try running it back. As long as there are no bad deals, there's always flexibility to move guys out for 2018 cap space.

bic50
05-14-2017, 10:13 PM

This wasn't just a blown lead. Things went downhill when they lost their best player. Kawhi doesn't go out and Spurs likely pull off the victory. Only concern they should have is Kawhi health. A healthy Kawhi gives them a chance but it doesn't look good.

tmtcsc
05-14-2017, 10:19 PM
With respect, they lost their starting PG, and THEN they lost the best player on either team. And let's not forget that Kawhi is still arguably the best defender in the league, and the Spurs were getting the job done with defense. That's probably more important to what happened than losing his offense.

I'm not a Tony Parker fan tbh, so we'll agree to disagree on what his loss means to the team. We had a chance with a Kawhi but not without him. Simmons, Anderson, Manu and even Green made some horrible turnovers during the 0-18 run. They lost their cool, slipped up on defense and turned the ball over. Of course Aldridge got rattled too and couldn't but a shot. After that, they played on their heels and awaited their fate. It sucked to watch.

I'd like to see Murray get some more experience out there.

tholdren
05-14-2017, 10:22 PM

spurs need to run
Murray simmons green fat head lma
patty manu off the bench with dedmon and bertans and lee

tmtcsc
05-14-2017, 10:28 PM
This wasn't just a blown lead. Things went downhill when they lost their best player. Kawhi doesn't go out and Spurs likely pull off the victory. Only concern they should have is Kawhi health. A healthy Kawhi gives them a chance but it doesn't look good.

'Things went downhill" is putting it lightly. They collapsed. They were outscored by 25 points in the next 20 minutes. Is the team so dependent on 1 player? That's not a team.

tmtcsc
05-14-2017, 10:30 PM
spurs need to run

No way. If they try to run with GS they'll die a quick death. No team is going to beat GS by running with them. You run when you force turnovers and try to get easy baskets. Portland's much better at "running" than the Spurs and you see where that got them. Down by 20 in the 1st quarter.

BillMc
05-14-2017, 10:30 PM
'Things went downhill" is putting it lightly. They collapsed. They were outscored by 25 points in the next 20 minutes. Is the team so dependent on 1 player? That's not a team.

Two players. I know you've gone on record as not liking Parker, but I'm sure you'd admit that he'd have steadied the offense enough that we wouldn't have had the chaos. It might not have been pretty but we'd have gotten a few more points. Which is all we needed.

tmtcsc
05-14-2017, 10:33 PM
Two players. I know you've gone on record as not liking Parker, but I'm sure you'd admit that he'd have steadied the offense enough that we wouldn't have had the chaos. It might not have been pretty but we'd have gotten a few more points. Which is all we needed.

Yes, Parker would have helped on offense. Aldridge shrank as did Simmons. Miss after miss. What was up with Simmons falling down all over the place?

BillMc
05-14-2017, 10:36 PM
Yes, Parker would have helped on offense. Aldridge shrank as did Simmons. Miss after miss. What was up with Simmons falling down all over the place?

Simmons is so hot and cold. Some days I think we MUST sign this guy, he's Kawhi-lite, other days, he's just a 28 year old wing with limited skills who won't be worth the money. Feast or famine.

tholdren
05-14-2017, 10:37 PM
No way. If they try to run with GS they'll die a quick death. No team is going to beat GS by running with them. You run when you force turnovers and try to get easy baskets. Portland's much better at "running" than the Spurs and you see where that got them. Down by 20 in the 1st quarter.

spurs lost because they couldn't play half court without kl. you have to get ppl moving and whipping the ball around. they get easy baskets they get in the flow. we just saw what trying to slow play and bully got us. we don't have enough mean players for that

tmtcsc
05-14-2017, 10:45 PM
spurs lost because they couldn't play half court without kl. you have to get ppl moving and whipping the ball around. they get easy baskets they get in the flow. we just saw what trying to slow play and bully got us. we don't have enough mean players for that

Agreed. Why Aldridge doesn't start posting up closer to the basket is beyond me.

spursmvp
05-14-2017, 10:49 PM
Agreed. Why Aldridge doesn't start posting up closer to the basket is beyond me.

He could barely post up Harden before game 6. Draymond and zaza just pushed him out. And can someone talk about Pau? How much did we pay him? I doubt he can post up anyone on this forum at this point.

tbdog
05-14-2017, 11:31 PM

When the other team has 4 allstars, then yes. We when are also missing our starting pg, then yes.

timtonymanu
05-14-2017, 11:34 PM
One of the bright spots to the Spurs season. Can't wait until next season and how he looks. Hopefully he and Kawhi become an all star duo, a more efficient version of Durant and Westbrook.

DMC
05-14-2017, 11:42 PM
He'd be great if he could get the ball up court without turning it over.

Ice009
05-15-2017, 12:08 AM
spurs need to run

IMO, the reason we had that lead is because Kawhi and LMA were controlling the tempo of the game. Kawhi was playing at a great pace. Not too fast and not too slow. Fuck the Warriors and their bullshit luck. The Spurs did push the pace when the opportunities were there, but they didn't rush or try and run with them. That Kawhi injury killed the Spurs flow of the game. Like someone else mentioned, they may have been OK if Parker was there to help steady the offense, but without those two, the offense of the Spurs fell apart and it actually fed the Warriors offensive game.

After this game/at this point, I wouldn't want to pay Patty Mills starters money as he's not a starting PG on a team that wants to win it all IMO. He's great as a combo guard that can play a little bit of PG, but if he wants to start at PG, he can do it someplace else. I'm still going to support him in all the upcoming games, though. Just trying to be realistic about him as a starting PG in the long term.

-21-
05-15-2017, 01:44 AM
Dejounte is very promising. I like how he seems unfazed by pressure but he's got a lot of work to do. His shooting and finishing at the rim has to improve. His handles need to be tighter. He has to be more aware defensively. And finally, he needs to bulk up. Fortunately, he's got the tools and he's getting the minutes, so one by one, I think those improvements will come.

BillMc
05-15-2017, 01:49 AM
That's a damn good thread. :tu

Thanks!:toast

spurraider21
05-15-2017, 01:59 AM
He'd be great if he could get the ball up court without turning it over.had it happen one time against beverley and you act like it's a recurring theme

duncan2k5
05-15-2017, 05:36 AM
had it happen one time against beverley and you act like it's a recurring theme

Seriously!!!

DMC
05-15-2017, 07:14 AM
had it happen one time against beverley and you act like it's a recurring theme

Happened again last night.

Atl Spur
05-15-2017, 07:29 AM
Losing the ball, air balls, etc....... Are fine by me for a rookie on the NBA biggest stage vs having veterans crapping their pants in the same situations. Murray will be able to hone in on skills through time and on court experiences. The trait he needs to have and actually does have is the KILLER INSTINCT.......

GSH
05-15-2017, 08:32 AM
How many games would the Spurs have won without Kawhi Leonard (and with no replacement - just no Kawhi)? Forty? Forty-Five? So that's Portland or Memphis. How have teams that level fare against the Warriors this year, and this playoffs? The Spurs didn't lose their composure after Kawhi went down - they got their asses kicked by a better team.

And I never said that Parker would have been the difference maker. He was the starting PG. They lost him during the playoffs, and managed to regroup - during the playoffs. They were clicking as a team, and they had rotations that were working. Then they lost their best player - the best player on either team, and they were out of sync. If they were playing a weak first-round opponent, that might not have gotten shown up so badly. But they were playing against the damn Warriors at full strength.

They were barely treading water, and then the fouls started to pile up - and Pop was forced to make substitutions because of foul problems. All of that is the snowball effect from losing their best player, while already being down one starter. Take LeBron off the Cavs and see how badly they "lose their composure".

Phenomanul
05-15-2017, 08:37 AM
Why were all the Spurs slipping on the floor...? REPEATEDLY... so annoying...

Atl Spur
05-15-2017, 08:53 AM
Leonard is a bad boy!!! He is best player in the world and this game proved it. This best two way player bull crap is just that bull crap! He needs the help that all of the other power teams have. Give him another ballsy player and he will lead us to the championship; a bunch of near forty year olds are not gonna get it done!

bic50
05-15-2017, 09:10 AM
He'd be great if he could get the ball up court without turning it over.
He has a lot of potential.

UZER
05-15-2017, 10:01 AM
Why were all the Spurs slipping on the floor...? REPEATEDLY... so annoying...

It's the voodoo.

PopTheGOAT
05-15-2017, 12:02 PM
Happened again last night.
When?

TD 21
05-15-2017, 05:06 PM
Yes, been my thought process since Durant signed in GS. If you somehow win, great. But no reason to throw in all the chips from a roster construction perspective that hurt you in the long term.

Did not mean it in terms of the effort on the floor. Two totally different concepts. No different than how the Celtics didn't cash in their future assets but are still trying to compete this year (except Spurs are a much more real contender).

The artificially high Ginobili figure comes way down and Parker/Gasol are almost $30mm of expiring deals. Green and Aldridge almost certainly opt out but you maintain Bird rights and can likely fit in one other piece in summer of 2018. I do agree though that the best move is to stay pat and keep everyone you can. Mills and Simmons can't be replaced for just the MLE which is all Spurs will have, so need to try running it back. As long as there are no bad deals, there's always flexibility to move guys out for 2018 cap space.

I forgot about the '17 and '18 1sts (one could be a draft and stash), plus the bi-annual exception, which is more than likely getting used this off season (could be a player option attached, so it could come back off cap by '18).

The point is, if they add a significant piece in '18, salary dumping, as opposed to salary cap space, probably facilitates it. The good thing is, they shouldn't have any bad contracts. If retained, Simmons' could be the most questionable (probably approaching or at mid-level), if he reverts to previous form.

I've come around on mostly running it back (though I'd look into salary dumping Gasol), both because of the lack of a viable alternative and the majority of the less established/young guys showing well in big games, even if it is a small sample size. Might as well just see where improved continuity and internal development gets them.

cjw
05-15-2017, 07:39 PM
I've come around on mostly running it back (though I'd look into salary dumping Gasol), both because of the lack of a viable alternative and the majority of the less established/young guys showing well in big games, even if it is a small sample size. Might as well just see where improved continuity and internal development gets them.

Definitelt would look into salary dumping Pau though don't think it creates enough space to use cap space in the '17 offseason. Probably makes more sense if taking salary back and remaining above the cap. They could bring over Milutinov as a project / Austin guy next season and take a backup center back into the Pau salary (plus something else). If they evolve to playing more smallball lineups around Anderson and Bertans - who both figure to be around and will be cheap, and hopefully improved - they could do without Pau. Lee opting in cheap would be fine with me.

Down Under
05-15-2017, 07:55 PM
He's fearless and he's got the physical tools - length, athleticism & decent enough handles for a rookie PG. Also, the mechanics on his jumper look way different to college so he's obviously been working pretty hard at that, which generally takes time. His vision & decision making seems to be improving slowly, all very encouraging for a rookie PG that we really need. Needs to keep working though hard though - still relies too much on the floater to score.

05-15-2017, 09:19 PM
Hopefully he shows out in game 2 and earns the start for game 3.

hitmantb
05-15-2017, 09:23 PM
Murray reminds me of 2002 Parker to be honest.

Now we just need Manu 2.0 and 2018 Kwahi has a chance to be 2003 Duncan.

The West is pretty weak, I can see Spurs getting to Western Conference finals year after year with a steady roster, a bit of injury luck (hope karma swings the other way next year) we can get past warriors, LeBron is also getting older.

coachmac87
05-15-2017, 09:42 PM
Murray should be the back up point guard or lead combo guard off the bench going forward...but the question is who's the starting point guard?

Truth4sale$
05-15-2017, 10:01 PM
Murray should be playing more as a shooting guard in this series. The Spurs have to attack the basket. Murray and Simmons are two of the best on the team.

peacemaker885
05-15-2017, 10:09 PM
Some here treating GS like the rockets. This team has 5 all stars, 2 MVP's. They won because they are a very good team.

Chews
05-15-2017, 10:16 PM
He was losing track of guys on defense. Isn't absolutely critical against their second unit... but that shit would be forbidden against their starters. He's been prone to ball-watching throughout the time he's played in the regular season, hope if he does start he can lock in and be on top of his game.

objective
05-15-2017, 11:02 PM
Refreshing to not see Livingston score posting up little guards in the first half, that was such easy second unit offense for them in the past few years.

MaNu4Tres
05-15-2017, 11:05 PM
Refreshing to not see Livingston score posting up little guards in the first half, that was such easy second unit offense for them in the past few years.

Want to see Patty get less minutes. 37 is way too much if Warriors are going to be sticking Klay/Livingston on him.

Would love to see a Manu, Simmons, Green, Bertans, LA lineup at some point tomorrow. Spurs need more versatile length on the court.

TheDoctor
05-15-2017, 11:33 PM
Murray should be the back up point guard or lead combo guard off the bench going forward...but the question is who's the starting point guard?
Backup point guard? You start Murray and just play Mills more minutes off the bench until DJ earns more playing time. This is assuming HOTS retires.

coachmac87
05-15-2017, 11:45 PM
Backup point guard? You start Murray and just play Mills more minutes off the bench until DJ earns more playing time. This is assuming HOTS retires.

I'd bet 1,000,000 Murray won't be the starting point guard...and he really shouldn't be tbh

SnakeBoy
05-16-2017, 12:20 AM
Murray reminds me of 2002 Parker to be honest.

How so?

Nothing about his game reminds me of young TP.

bic50
05-16-2017, 06:58 AM
I'd bet 1,000,000 Murray won't be the starting point guard...and he really shouldn't be tbh
Murray will be starting at some point

bic50
05-16-2017, 06:59 AM
How so?

Nothing about his game reminds me of young TP.
His confidence reminds me of a young tp.

coachmac87
05-16-2017, 07:23 AM
Murray will be starting at some point

Next year??? Nah

DaBears
05-16-2017, 11:04 AM

When he is on the floor he is the creator, which gets everyone else the ball or an opportunity. Same thing happen with Jordan & Kobe or any other wing dominate player, the ball is in there hands 80% of the time when they are on the floor.. Its not till they go to the bench and the talent drops that you must have really good ball moment to help players create shots for them and get them into rhythm. That is why the offense seems to move a bit better once KL is off the floor, not sayin they as a team are better, but the ball moves more..
Please note here I am not stating that KL is as good as MJ or KB just stating the offense structure when they are on the floor is geared around them.. The Bulls from the 90's did not lead the league in assists during there runs for titles.

** Murray I think will play big part in Spurs advancing, I am hoping he will be able to contribute in the scoring department, which is where Spurs will need it the most.

TheDoctor
05-16-2017, 12:11 PM
Kawhi is better than Kobe at 25y/o, don't be ashamed of saying that.

tmtcsc
05-16-2017, 02:17 PM
When he is on the floor he is the creator, which gets everyone else the ball or an opportunity. Same thing happen with Jordan & Kobe or any other wing dominate player, the ball is in there hands 80% of the time when they are on the floor.. Its not till they go to the bench and the talent drops that you must have really good ball moment to help players create shots for them and get them into rhythm. That is why the offense seems to move a bit better once KL is off the floor, not sayin they as a team are better, but the ball moves more..
Please note here I am not stating that KL is as good as MJ or KB just stating the offense structure when they are on the floor is geared around them.. The Bulls from the 90's did not lead the league in assists during there runs for titles.

** Murray I think will play big part in Spurs advancing, I am hoping he will be able to contribute in the scoring department, which is where Spurs will need it the most.

I'm not sure "creator" is the right word. The offense definitely runs through him because he's the best offensive weapon we have. However, he doesn't facilitate very well when he has the ball. If he gets it, he's most likely shooting it. I don't like the offense being so dependent on him but that's what we have and it got the team to where its at.

I expect a valiant effort tonight and anything less will be disappointing. Even so, it might mean a double digit loss. ** Murray gave the team some solid minutes on offense but his defense was bad. He failed to switch properly and it led to points by GS. It's just a lot to expect of him right now. It may not be fair, but thats the way it is. He is getting solid experience and might be a better option to run things offensively than Manu. Poor Manu doesn't have the handles anymore and still makes woeful passes. Spurs can't afford turnovers against the Dubs because it leads directly to transition dunks or 3's.

Pop needs to do a better job of alerting the refs to ZaZa's illegal screens and the players will have to emphasize the illegal contact more. What he got away with was criminal. Took Patty right out on a couple of occasions. Someone needs to smack the mother-fucker and get in his head. At least make things difficult for him. Hell, the dude beat LA down the floor for an easy layup in the 2nd half. That's inexcusable.

SpursforSix
05-16-2017, 02:19 PM

I think he should start tonight. Unless Pop is starting Manu.

Those are the only two players that can really take players off the dribble right now. Gotta have one of them starting. IMO. Otherwise, GSW can just put on pressure man to man again.

TD 21
05-16-2017, 03:50 PM
Definitelt would look into salary dumping Pau though don't think it creates enough space to use cap space in the '17 offseason. Probably makes more sense if taking salary back and remaining above the cap. They could bring over Milutinov as a project / Austin guy next season and take a backup center back into the Pau salary (plus something else). If they evolve to playing more smallball lineups around Anderson and Bertans - who both figure to be around and will be cheap, and hopefully improved - they could do without Pau. Lee opting in cheap would be fine with me.

Good point.

Bertans will definitely have an increased roll.

xellos88330
05-16-2017, 04:03 PM
Murray will need a bit more minutes. He is an inside threat with the ability to take his man off the dribble. It is absolutely critical now. Murray MUST perform if the Spurs are to get this win.

spurraider21
05-16-2017, 04:21 PM
When?it didnt. murray had 1 turnover all game and it was 17 seconds into the shot clock. dmc just talks out of his ass. ignore him

MultiTroll
05-16-2017, 09:26 PM
Replay shows Mouthbreather clearly fouling Murray on what looked like an overaggressive bad shot.

"*Great block*" by Mouthbreather actually should have been two FTs for Murray.

tholdren
05-16-2017, 09:48 PM
Murray is such a ghetto stupid player

BatManu20
05-16-2017, 09:51 PM
Murray is such a young, exciting player with tools and lots of room to grow

FIFY

tholdren
05-16-2017, 09:56 PM
FIFY

yes his turnovers and his ability to ruin a 2v1 break with a stupid behind the back pass was wonderful. you're a dip shit

Mikeanaro
05-16-2017, 09:57 PM
Tonight he looks like an accident, a terrible unavoidable chasm.

tholdren
05-16-2017, 09:59 PM
Tonight he looks like an accident, a terrible unavoidable chasm.

most nights. he's sloppy as fuck but his aggressive play saves him

coachmac87
05-16-2017, 10:04 PM
Murray can get into the paint literally whenever he wants...he could really do damage if he added a midrange game

200 miles
05-16-2017, 10:04 PM
yes his turnovers and his ability to ruin a 2v1 break with a stupid behind the back pass was wonderful. you're a dip shit

GEAD

tholdren
05-16-2017, 10:06 PM
GEAD

great last play huh

tholdren
05-16-2017, 10:07 PM
Murray can get into the paint literally whenever he wants...he could really do damage if he added a midrange game

and a brain

200 miles
05-16-2017, 10:07 PM
I just hate it when you're right

tmtcsc
05-20-2017, 10:34 PM

BUMP

Game 2 loss: 36 Points
Game 3 loss: 12 Points
Game 4 loss: ?

Capt Bringdown
05-20-2017, 10:51 PM
Good call, Spurs did indeed lose their composure in game 1. They get style points for playing with grit tonight, but if they would played with similar hutzpah in game 1, they'd be down 2-1 instead of the insurmountable 3-0.

Mental toughness matters.

MultiTroll
05-20-2017, 11:42 PM
definitely a creator on offense and defense.
Too bad he was saddled with Slug Aldridge and Slug Green about half the minutes he was in Game 3.

I think at least 2-3 times tonight he did a drive and nice spin move and would have liked to dish but the rest were in Pops Stand n Veg offensive offense. That stretch where it was he and the young guns including Bertie. Nice. Very nice.

therealtruth
05-21-2017, 01:55 AM
Him and Simmons could be the backcourt of the future. Alongside Kawhi that can be a pretty good defensive perimeter.

TheGreatYacht
05-21-2017, 02:00 AM
Has the potential to be the second best guard in franchise history only behind Parker

DMC
05-21-2017, 02:18 AM
Has the potential to be the second best guard in franchise history only behind Parker

Pretty sure Manu is a guard.

DMC
05-21-2017, 02:19 AM
Him and Simmons could be the backcourt of the future. Alongside Kawhi that can be a pretty good defensive perimeter.

Simmons is probably at his peak or close to it. I wouldn't overvalue him just based on him being thrust into the spotlight with heavy minutes and getting mediocre results.

DMC
05-21-2017, 02:20 AM
definitely a creator on offense and defense.
Too bad he was saddled with Slug Aldridge and Slug Green about half the minutes he was in Game 3.

I think at least 2-3 times tonight he did a drive and nice spin move and would have liked to dish but the rest were in Pops Stand n Veg offensive offense. That stretch where it was he and the young guns including Bertie. Nice. Very nice.

How does he create on defense? Do you mean forcing turnovers?

DMC
05-21-2017, 02:21 AM
BUMP

Game 2 loss: 36 Points
Game 3 loss: 12 Points
Game 4 loss: ?

Game 3 was more like 20pts. Trash time scoring doesn't really matter.

TheGreatYacht
05-21-2017, 02:24 AM
Pretty sure Manu is a guard.
He is. So what?

DMC
05-21-2017, 02:28 AM
He is. So what?

So you think Murray has potential to be better than Manu?

TheGreatYacht
05-21-2017, 02:42 AM
So you think Murray has potential to be better than Manu?
Absolutely. He already has the turnovers down

DMC
05-21-2017, 03:01 AM

So a HOFer, 4 rings, Olympic gold... all that.

Got it.

Just verifying what kind of fucking idiot I'm talking to.

As you were.

TheGreatYacht
05-21-2017, 03:14 AM
So a HOFer, 4 rings, Olympic gold... all that.

Got it.

Just verifying what kind of fucking idiot I'm talking to.

As you were.
Get off your Pop sucking high horse, fat hands.

No one think you're edgy.

tholdren
05-21-2017, 06:05 AM

Youre stupid

TrainOfThought5
05-21-2017, 06:33 AM

😂

buttsR4rebounding
05-21-2017, 07:57 AM
Gervin was a guard.

Big Empty
05-21-2017, 08:32 AM
Simmons is probably at his peak or close to it. I wouldn't overvalue him just based on him being thrust into the spotlight with heavy minutes and getting mediocre results.

UZER
05-21-2017, 08:44 AM
Good call, Spurs did indeed lose their composure in game 1. They get style points for playing with grit tonight, but if they would played with similar hutzpah in game 1, they'd be down 2-1 instead of the insurmountable 3-0.

[b]Mental toughness matters.[b]

You can't have mental toughness when andyeah Aldridge is a starter on your team. He sucks the life out of the team.

testies
05-21-2017, 08:44 AM
Cant be a guard and not shoot well these days

DMC
05-21-2017, 01:02 PM
Get off your Pop sucking high horse, fat hands.

No one think you're edgy.

If you say so Joe.

therealtruth
05-21-2017, 06:42 PM
I like Murray but that McCaw guy is a little bit taller and also looks pretty good.

picnroll
05-21-2017, 07:48 PM
I've liked McCaw too. As I read the salary cap rules it should be pretty much impossible for the Warriors to keep him after next year. He'd pair nicely with Murray.