PDA

View Full Version : Spurs: Kawhi Stays Beta

Monostradamus
05-14-2017, 09:07 PM
Saying he doesn't think Zaza wanted to hurt him was a bad move. If I've learned anything about the Adam Silver era, it's that he'll overreact in order to right a wrong. Kawhi should have created more controversy, could have gotten Zaza suspended for a game tbh. But that's in Kawhi's beta nature, unfortunately.

Will Hunting
05-14-2017, 09:29 PM
True tbh. Lebron managed to turn around the finals last year by complaining about Raymond saying mean things about his mommeh and getting him suspended.

resistanze
05-14-2017, 09:33 PM
It sounds like more of those 'in the moment' reactions, I read the last thing he said was 'I'll have to check the tape'. But he said enough for the Warrior slurping media to absolve Zaza, that much is true.

But then again who cares, it's fucking Zaza. :lol

Monostradamus
05-14-2017, 09:42 PM
Zaza was the best big man on the court for a lot of the game.

ElNono
05-14-2017, 09:53 PM
Poop could get away with that whole 'class act' thing when he was being dragged by GOAT TD, tbh... it's backfiring on today's NBA...

resistanze
05-14-2017, 10:02 PM
Zaza was the best big man on the court for a lot of the game.

I'm just saying it's moot now if Kawhi is out. They don't need Zaza's contributions to sweep the Spurs now.

Mark Celibate
05-14-2017, 10:05 PM
Poop could get away with that whole 'class act' thing when he was being dragged by GOAT TD, tbh... it's backfiring on today's NBA...

It's because he doesn't give a fuck. He's one of the rare coaches who's basically tenured at his position whereas other guys know that they can be fired practically any year. I imagine it's pretty stressful being a regular coach. But for Pop, he doesn't have to worry about it which is why he's always laughing and joking. A guy like Fizdale, however, has no idea whether or not he's even going to have a job next year which leads to the rants of frustration

ElNono
05-14-2017, 10:06 PM
It's because he doesn't give a fuck. He's one of the rare coaches who's basically tenured at his position whereas other guys know that they can be fired practically any year. I imagine it's pretty stressful being a regular coach. But for Pop, he doesn't have to worry about it which is why he's always laughing and joking. A guy like Fizdale, however, has no idea whether or not he's even going to have a job next year which leads to the rants of frustration

agreed

Chris
05-14-2017, 10:16 PM
So being humble and honorable is Beta? :lol

testies
05-14-2017, 10:39 PM
That's true, watching NBA for many years the #1 lesson is that you need to add gasoline to the fire when its favorable for you.

Jizzdale and Grizzlies got away with murder and hacking our players on every play after his faggy rant went viral.

But Kawhi doessn't know any better. He has social issues etc. It was on Poop to DEMAND him to stirr shit up in the interview. He probably said "lose with class pal" or some shit

05-14-2017, 10:51 PM
true

daslicer
05-14-2017, 10:51 PM
Saying he doesn't think Zaza wanted to hurt him was a bad move. If I've learned anything about the Adam Silver era, it's that he'll overreact in order to right a wrong. Kawhi should have created more controversy, could have gotten Zaza suspended for a game tbh. But that's in Kawhi's beta nature, unfortunately.

Definitely agree with you on that Kawhi should have straight up called Zaza dirty. Like you said it would have generated headlines and put pressure on the league to suspend Zaza.

HI-FI
05-14-2017, 10:57 PM
Agreed, I've even made the tenured comparison before. Pop would rather talk wine and quote The Economist than publicly put pressure on the league, which pisses me off. Also, if you've seen Fizdale's wife, it makes even more sense why he's stressed about job security.

Trainwreck2100
05-14-2017, 11:00 PM

If an honorable man fights an unhonorable man, he just makes an honorable corpse. Pop is honestly one of the few guys in the NBA with the clout to call out this bullshit, because he never did.

Unfortunately that reporter caught him off guard, he hadn't even seen the play yet. And said so at the end.

TDMVPDPOY
05-14-2017, 11:15 PM
pop trying to take the higher ground, if the roles reverse...kerr be asking league for a suspension

Chris
05-14-2017, 11:47 PM
pop trying to take the higher ground, if the roles reverse...kerr be asking league for a suspension

Kerr: "I think we should look into it, I think we should look into it...but that's not for me to decide. (sips bottle of water) " :lol

daslicer
05-15-2017, 12:18 AM
Agreed, I've even made the tenured comparison before. Pop would rather talk wine and quote The Economist than publicly put pressure on the league, which pisses me off. Also, if you've seen Fizdale's wife, it makes even more sense why he's stressed about job security.

:lmao Yes Fizz is her sugar daddy until his money runs out.

DMC
05-15-2017, 12:27 AM
OP potlicking fertile fishing grounds after getting a fishing report tbh

dfens
05-15-2017, 03:12 AM
So being humble and honorable is Beta? :lol

if you're getting robbed and have a chance to punch back.. yes it is.

ElNono
05-15-2017, 03:02 PM
:wow

Finally :wow

Mark Celibate
05-15-2017, 05:11 PM
:wow

yeah I saw det earlier. About time tbh

It's a bad look for him to get super fired up every time Trump says meanie headed things but to just laugh and shrug off his superstar getting injured on a highly questionable play. Maybe he read DoK's post

Monostradamus
05-15-2017, 05:25 PM
Nice to see from Pop. But Kawhi still should have said something, tbh.

DPG21920
05-15-2017, 10:24 PM
yeah I saw det earlier. About time tbh

It's a bad look for him to get super fired up every time Trump says meanie headed things but to just laugh and shrug off his superstar getting injured on a highly questionable play. Maybe he read DoK's post

:lol One thing impacts the entire world. The other is basketball.

Mark Celibate
05-15-2017, 11:03 PM

Not buying it.

tbh I could be president and Pop's millionaire lifestyle wouldn't be threated at all. He's just looking for brownie points from the masses.

DMC
05-16-2017, 03:40 PM

One thing is his sole responsibility. The other is not.

DPG21920
05-16-2017, 03:48 PM
One thing is his sole responsibility. The other is not.

If his employer felt he wasn't doing his job he would be fired. So if his employer is ok with it, nothing else needs to be said there.

DMC
05-16-2017, 05:16 PM
If his employer felt he wasn't doing his job he would be fired. So if his employer is ok with it, nothing else needs to be said there.

You were approaching it from a relevance standpoint, not an approval standpoint.