PDA

View Full Version : Game 1 Vent Session

PopTheGOAT
05-14-2017, 10:23 PM
The last thing this forum needs is another thread, but I'm beyond pissed off so I'm making one anyways.

Why does a team with 4 All-stars get all the luck? The odds are already stacked heavily in their favor because of that ring chaser that wears 35.

Not only do we lose Parker, (which I'm sure some would say isn't a huge deal, but I think he would have made 3 POINTS difference today) but we also lose our freaking LIFE BLOOD in Kawhi. WHY? Why does one of the best dudes, playing on the classiest organization in the NBA have to get hurt? He hasn't rolled his ankle ever that I can recall since he's been on the the Spurs (could be wrong)... But OF COURSE, the game he returns from rolling it, he comes down on 2 people's feet. And OHHH NOOO, it wasn't the uninjured ankle either, it had to be that same left ankle he injured. What are the friggin' odds, man?

Meanwhile those arrogant, showboating a-holes that are already unprecedentedly stacked get to coast through the playoffs against injured teams. Complete BS...
Wanted them to put the cocky mf'ers in their place and it looked like they were capable of it, but this BS happens.

Hopefully, through some miracle we can still do it and I'll still watch with hope. But geez, screw this luck.

I know it's just bball, but I care about this team way too much. I can't control it. :lol

/rant slash meltdown

BillMc
05-14-2017, 10:28 PM
It wasn't bad luck. It was a dirty player named Zaza who manufactured "luck" by sticking his foot under the opponent's best player he knew to be gimpy.

Ian Fleming: "Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence, three times is enemy action." Zaza (and Draymond) are at more than 3. It's enemy action.

PopTheGOAT
05-14-2017, 10:31 PM
It wasn't bad luck. It was a dirty player named Zaza who manufactured "luck" by sticking his foot under the opponent's best player he knew to be gimpy.

Ian Fleming: "Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence, three times is enemy action." Zaza (and Draymond) are at more than 3. It's enemy action.
Intentional or not, it happened. That's what pisses me off, tbh. Whether it was a cheap shot or not, we still lost game 1 and don't have our best player. Sucks.

spursmvp
05-14-2017, 11:59 PM
They got lucky in 2015 too with the injured cavs in the finals. I'm guessing their luck comes from all those years of being in the bottom of the barrel of the nba while the spurs were winning titles with prime TD. Many of those years had curry injuring his ankle year after year. Every team gets their turn.

DMC
05-15-2017, 12:04 AM
You want to know why you lost?

Once KL went out, the rest of the team went into defer mode. It was pass-pass-pass-pass-pass-turnover (from either losing ball or shot clock violation). The shots they did get off were heaves, and the whole team went into the fetal position. It wasn't because KL was beasting, but because they had a fucking excuse to lose, and no one wanted to be "that guy" who took an early shot so Pop could ream them.

They played like they all had something to lose. They don't have anything to lose.

That, and GS just showed why having two MVPs on the same team along with the DPOY and recent finals MVP isn't conducive to a competitive game. If the Warriors came out playing like they did in the third, the game would have been over at the half.

FkLA
05-15-2017, 12:10 AM
If the Warriors came out playing like they did in the third, the game would have been over at the half.

Except the halftime lead had increased by 3 until Kawhi went down despite Curry going off.

DMC
05-15-2017, 12:12 AM
They got lucky in 2015 too with the injured cavs in the finals. I'm guessing their luck comes from all those years of being in the bottom of the barrel of the nba while the spurs were winning titles with prime TD. Many of those years had curry injuring his ankle year after year. Every team gets their turn.

This is all bullshit. Karma is dogma and there's no luck where the GS Warriors are concerned. They recruited the 2nd best shooter in the league. The Spurs best signing ever from FA was Aldridge. He's a 2pt shooter with a rare 3. He's not in the same atmosphere as Durant.

The Spurs are where they are (top 4 teams in the league, probably top 3) and not the best, because they didn't attract the talent, haven't spent the money, haven't developed the talent, relied too long on the same legacy players and have settled with the results.

It's 1 game, and even if KL and TP was playing the Spurs are huge underdogs. I actually think TP being out is a + for the Spurs in this series because he's a ball stopper who isn't going to score on GS like he did with Memphis and Houston for a couple games. It's 1 game but the Spurs aren't going to beat a team that won 73 games last year and THEN signed a top 3 player in the league in Kevin Durant. It's too big an obstacle... this year. Just like we didn't beat the Heat in 2011, 2012, or 2013. We couldn't get past the Thunder in 2012 because they were too much for us. (blah blah refs blah blah Stern)...

Once we get the talent, we'll have a legit shot. Not right now though.

DMC
05-15-2017, 12:14 AM
Except the halftime lead had increased by 3 until Kawhi went down despite Curry going off.

Because the Warriors came out not playing like they did in the 3rd. Duh

FkLA
05-15-2017, 12:21 AM
Because the Warriors came out not playing like they did in the 3rd. Duh

WTF are you duh-ing about. The Warriors were -3 in the 3rd Qtr when Kawhi was out there (5 mins). That hardly suggests that the game would've been over at halftime if they played like that from the get go.

DMC
05-15-2017, 12:24 AM
WTF are you duh-ing about. The Warriors were -3 in the 3rd Qtr when Kawhi was out there (5 mins). That hardly suggests that the game would've been over at halftime if they played like that from the get go.

3rd quarter lasted 12 minutes.

FkLA
05-15-2017, 12:27 AM
3rd quarter lasted 12 minutes.

Then what you really meant is:

If the Warriors come out playing like they did in the 3rd Qtr and Kawhi is out then the game is over at halftime.

DMC
05-15-2017, 12:31 AM
Then what you really meant is:

If the Warriors come out playing like they did in the 3rd Qtr and Kawhi is out then the game is over at halftime.

Kawhi didn't play 24 minutes in the 1st half.

PopTheGOAT
05-15-2017, 12:35 AM
You want to know why you lost?

Once KL went out, the rest of the team went into defer mode. It was pass-pass-pass-pass-pass-turnover (from either losing ball or shot clock violation). The shots they did get off were heaves, and the whole team went into the fetal position. It wasn't because KL was beasting, but because they had a fucking excuse to lose, and no one wanted to be "that guy" who took an early shot so Pop could ream them.

They played like they all had something to lose. They don't have anything to lose.

That, and GS just showed why having two MVPs on the same team along with the DPOY and recent finals MVP isn't conducive to a competitive game. If the Warriors came out playing like they did in the third, the game would have been over at the half.
Why I lost? You're not a Spurs fan?

DMC
05-15-2017, 12:37 AM
Why I lost? You're not a Spurs fan?

Rhetorical question. I was meaning as a team, not as a fan. For fans, nothing ventured, nothing gained.

FkLA
05-15-2017, 12:56 AM
Kawhi didn't play 24 minutes in the 1st half.

He also didn't only play 5 minutes.

nowitzkikopf
05-15-2017, 12:56 AM
this is awful, honestly. been watching the dubs for a while now and probably became their biggest fan during the baron davis/monta ellis years, but where I once used to love our home-grown talent, its become nauseating every since the KD stuff and us playing like fake tough guys. i feel for y'all; kawhi's a beast and we would have lost this game with him in. maybe not by 25 bc of sheer fire power, but kawhi was on pace for a 40+ point game (LMA would have had 30 + of his bc we couldn't double him with kawhi at high capacity).

zaza's intentions aside, its known basketball etiquette not to crowd the shooters landing spot. the moment you do, you increase the chance of injuring the opposite player (especially if said player already has a gimpy lower limb situation going on).

just some solace from the other side; we're not all awful.

urunobili
05-15-2017, 01:01 AM
this is awful, honestly. been watching the dubs for a while now and probably became their biggest fan during the baron davis/monta ellis years, but where I once used to love our home-grown talent, its become nauseating every since the KD stuff and us playing like fake tough guys. i feel for y'all; kawhi's a beast and we would have lost this game with him in. maybe not by 25 bc of sheer fire power, but kawhi was on pace for a 40+ point game (LMA would have had 30 + of his bc we couldn't double him with kawhi at high capacity).

zaza's intentions aside, its known basketball etiquette not to crowd the shooters landing spot. the moment you do, you increase the chance of injuring the opposite player (especially if said player already has a gimpy lower limb situation going on).

Thanks for this man. I appreciate it. It's difficult for us not to feel enraged right now. That moved sealed the fate of the series.

marinoman
05-15-2017, 01:05 AM
Fuckin zaza, what a faggot name.
Fuckin refs, unreal bullshit
I am pissed

nowitzkikopf
05-15-2017, 01:06 AM
Thanks for this man. I appreciate it. It's difficult for us not to feel enraged right now. That moved sealed the fate of the series.

the outrage is so warranted. y'all have been magnificent with limited resources thus far in the playoffs (kind of what the spurs have done historically, and why I have an account on this site in the first place). i feel ya. i wish 'whi was healthy. i wish our team still held true the values it did 7-8 years ago (despite the talent infusion). would have been an amazing series, and I hope it still is

Darius Bieber
05-15-2017, 01:16 AM
Fuck the Warriors

John Petrucci
05-15-2017, 01:26 AM
Yea, it's just frustrating. I'm not angry with Warriors, or even Pachulia that much to an extent. Just pissed off at our luck/fate at times in playoffs.

There's just nothing worse than wasted games/efforts, and in this one we wasted Kawhi's and our 1st half's efforts. At same time you can't blame a lot of these guys for getting rattled against an all time stacked team with a quarter and a half to go without Kawhi and Tony.

Fucking bball Gods. I swear playing the warriors in postseason is the new being on cover of Madden Curse.
Their luck in postseason history is unrivaled outside of Curry's slip on court sweat.

birdy219
05-15-2017, 01:29 AM
I can't even sleep. I am angry and hurt. I had to watch with a room full of warrior band wagoners . They said the injury was kawhis fault and pops for playing him. They were screaming break out the brooms, but they were silent for the first two quarters at least.

BillMc
05-15-2017, 01:29 AM
Yea, it's just frustrating. I'm not angry with Warriors, or even Pachulia that much to an extent. Just pissed off at our luck/fate at times in playoffs.

There's just nothing worse than wasted games/efforts, and in this one we wasted Kawhi's and our 1st half's efforts. At same time you can't blame a lot of these guys for getting rattled against an all time stacked team with a quarter and a half to go without Kawhi and Tony.

Fucking bball Gods. I swear playing the warriors in postseason is the new being on cover of Madden Curse.

I could be wrong, but I swear the only team they've faced in their 3 year run that wasn't missing a major player was the '16 Cavs (who beat them.)

John Petrucci
05-15-2017, 01:35 AM
I could be wrong, but I swear the only team they've faced in their 3 year run that wasn't missing a major player was the '16 Cavs (who beat them.)

They endured the curse once, so the bball Gods let them be healthy in the rematch. Looking like we'll see what happens in round 3. Bouncing back from this for the Spurs seems beyond unlikely.

You can't have a 25 point lead in middle of 3rd and lose to Warriors. That is not a series you will win.

Arcadian
05-15-2017, 01:39 AM

:tu Excellent take

r0drig0lac
05-15-2017, 06:28 AM
okc

Mouth is Bleeding
05-15-2017, 06:33 AM
I want retaliation.

ECOV
05-15-2017, 06:45 AM
This is all bullshit. Karma is dogma and there's no luck where the GS Warriors are concerned. They recruited the 2nd best shooter in the league. The Spurs best signing ever from FA was Aldridge. He's a 2pt shooter with a rare 3. He's not in the same atmosphere as Durant.

The Spurs are where they are (top 4 teams in the league, probably top 3) and not the best, because they didn't attract the talent, haven't spent the money, haven't developed the talent, relied too long on the same legacy players and have settled with the results.

It's 1 game, and even if KL and TP was playing the Spurs are huge underdogs. I actually think TP being out is a + for the Spurs in this series because he's a ball stopper who isn't going to score on GS like he did with Memphis and Houston for a couple games. It's 1 game but the Spurs aren't going to beat a team that won 73 games last year and THEN signed a top 3 player in the league in Kevin Durant. It's too big an obstacle... this year. Just like we didn't beat the Heat in 2011, 2012, or 2013. We couldn't get past the Thunder in 2012 because they were too much for us. (blah blah refs blah blah Stern)...

Once we get the talent, we'll have a legit shot. Not right now though. No obstacle is too big

Mouth is Bleeding
05-15-2017, 06:48 AM
Retaliation is also a must because in bad scenarios this isn't just the game that their goon Zaza cost us, or even worse the series, catastrophically getting an already injured ankle rolled and re-rolled could hurt Kawhi's future as a top 3 player in the league and with that seriously the entire Spurs franchise the coming years.

It could easily have long term negative effects.

We absolutely need to do the same to their star players now. We can't let them get away with this.

tbdog
05-15-2017, 07:03 AM
This one of the hardest losses, because we were by in far the best team before that injury.

DMC
05-15-2017, 07:11 AM
He also didn't only play 5 minutes.

How many minutes did he play in the 1st half?

DMC
05-15-2017, 07:11 AM
No obstacle is too big

Bend over, I'll change your mind.

Cloud786
05-15-2017, 12:47 PM
What bothers me the most is that people are actually debating whether or not the Zaza play was dirty or not... It's one thing to not let a jump shooter land, because they're either going straight up and down or slightly forwards, but on a fucking fade away in the corner pocket? A retroactive flagrant 2 + no iggy + Kawhi coming back is what it will take for the Spurs to win the next game.

Silver&Black Warrior
05-15-2017, 01:36 PM
I can't even sleep. I am angry and hurt. I had to watch with a room full of warrior band wagoners . They said the injury was kawhis fault and pops for playing him. They were screaming break out the brooms, but they were silent for the first two quarters at least.

I WOULD HAVE HAD TO BEAT EVERYBODY DOWN IN THE ROOM AFTER THE GAME.

ECOV
05-15-2017, 01:40 PM
Bend over, I'll change your mind.

nah I'm okay and no you won't .

DMC
05-15-2017, 03:54 PM
What bothers me the most is that people are actually debating whether or not the Zaza play was dirty or not... It's one thing to not let a jump shooter land, because they're either going straight up and down or slightly forwards, but on a fucking fade away in the corner pocket? A retroactive flagrant 2 + no iggy + Kawhi coming back is what it will take for the Spurs to win the next game.

http://i.imgur.com/XmqPRzh.jpg

Kawhi takes off from well inside the 3pt line. Zaza is well in front of Kawhi. Kawhi is fading toward the 3pt line.

http://i.imgur.com/zOWhxpw.jpg

Zaza's foot lands outside the 3pt line after the 2nd step with that foot (a shuffle step) and he had no chance of blocking Kawhi, so you decide. Had Kawhi come down where he took off, he would have landed on Zaza's shoulder..

therealtruth
05-15-2017, 09:16 PM
The elephant in the room. That was a bad shot from Kawhi. Fading away from near 3pt line. I'm guessing the shot clock must have been running low.

SAGirl
05-16-2017, 02:48 AM

Thanks....
It still sucks.
Frankly I wanted to see these teams face each other since last season and now that we get the series we wanted both Tony and Kawhi get injured. It's not really the same team without them. Manu is probably retiring and the Spurs team will be changing again next season. Maybe without Manu (and a TOny Parker whose recovery is unknown) they are not even as good. I like all of the team's young talent but HoF level talent is hard to replace.

Arcadian
05-16-2017, 02:14 PM
Kawhi needs to stop shooting those corner fades. He twisted his ankle twice in the same spot. If something keeps getting you hurt, stop doing it.