PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on the Warrior crowd for Game 1

grjr
05-15-2017, 08:11 AM
I was busy during the game last night so I kept popping in and out to see how it was going. Every time I turned the game on in the first three quarters the crowd was going crazy so I thought, "Oh shit, the Warriors must be making a run". So I wound the DVR back and no, they just got a basket to go from 25 down to 23 down or something like that. WTF?

I gotta say I was really impressed by the crowd. Seemed like they were really keeping their team in the game. It was just the opposite for the Rockets fans in Game 6. They were really late arriving and pretty dead once they did get there. I thought it was a major factor in the early stages of the game.

All this makes me a little worried about the games going forward. If their crowd keeps that up they will be really hard to beat there. In regards to our crowd, I thought the increase in ticket prices for the bigger games this year kept a lot of the more vocal fans out and it led to a more subdued atmosphere than in past years. This could have been partly responsible for our much worse home record this year.

Looking at games 3 and 4 here, the ticket prices are pretty steep and I worry that the crowd energy won't be any where near what the Warrior crowd was.

Thoughts?

BG_Spurs_Fan
05-15-2017, 08:18 AM
Basically they were shouting 'Refs you suck' while the refs were fucking the Spurs over and over :lol

05-15-2017, 08:32 AM
I was busy during the game last night so I kept popping in and out to see how it was going. Every time I turned the game on in the first three quarters the crowd was going crazy so I thought, "Oh shit, the Warriors must be making a run". So I wound the DVR back and no, they just got a basket to go from 25 down to 23 down or something like that. WTF?

I gotta say I was really impressed by the crowd. Seemed like they were really keeping their team in the game. It was just the opposite for the Rockets fans in Game 6. They were really late arriving and pretty dead once they did get there. I thought it was a major factor in the early stages of the game.

All this makes me a little worried about the games going forward. If their crowd keeps that up they will be really hard to beat there. In regards to our crowd, I thought the increase in ticket prices for the bigger games this year kept a lot of the more vocal fans out and it led to a more subdued atmosphere than in past years. This could have been partly responsible for our much worse home record this year.

Looking at games 3 and 4 here, the ticket prices are pretty steep and I worry that the crowd energy won't be any where near what the Warrior crowd was.

Thoughts?

The crowd knows they're supporting a team that can go on big runs that can either break open a tight game or enable them to come back.

The Warriors had already beaten the Spurs late in the regular season after spotting the Spurs a 22 point lead with Kawhi, and no Kevin Durant.

IMO, it probably doesn't happen in game 1 had Kawhi not been injured A 23 point lead with 19 minutes left and Kawhi in a zone likely results in a win, though I suspect the Warriors probably would have made a run anyhow that would have fallen short.

TampaDude
05-15-2017, 08:41 AM
The crowd knows they're supporting a team that can go on big runs that can either break open a tight game or enable them to come back.

The Warriors had already beaten the Spurs late in the regular season after spotting the Spurs a 22 point lead with Kawhi, and no Kevin Durant.

IMO, it probably doesn't happen in game 1 had Kawhi not been injured A 23 point lead with 19 minutes left and Kawhi in a zone likely results in a win, though I suspect the Warriors probably would have made a run anyhow that would have fallen short.

Whoever won Game 1 is meaningless with Kawhi out now. Sweep would be imminent, whether of the garden or backdoor variety. We're not taking 4 of 7 from GS even with KL, so I don't see the Spurs winning any more games this season. Time to get out the poles and bait.

MarCowMar
05-15-2017, 08:47 AM
That crowd is impressive and what's interesting is their rich fans are a lot noisier and healthier than our rich fans.

grjr
05-15-2017, 08:55 AM
There is a MUCH bigger pool of rich fans in that area to whom a playoff ticket price is a drop in the bucket compared to here.

tmtcsc
05-15-2017, 09:00 AM
My thoughts? Fuck them and their bitch-ass team. You can add Mike Brown to the list of pricks on that team. First thing he does at the post game press-conference is give kudos to ZaZa. What a clueless dick. That whole organization is filled with assholes.

jbspurs
05-15-2017, 09:01 AM
A lot of bandwagon fans here in the bay, many of them knew nothing about basketball until Warriors started winning. It's funny to hear them complain and whine about calls they don't even know. And yes most of them are loud! Commentators last night were good, Called them out for chanting referee's suck on good calls.

grjr
05-15-2017, 09:26 AM
There are many referees who get intimidated by boisterous crowds. They will never admit it and perhaps they don't even realize it but it happens a lot. To me, that's the main reason there is a home-court advantage in basketball. Of course there are some refs past and present who make it a point to be just the opposite. They are a distinct minority though. As much as I hated Joey Crawford for the Tim Duncan stuff, he was a guy you wanted on the road.

daledondale
05-15-2017, 09:31 AM
Burn them all with their team.
http://68.media.tumblr.com/4906b1c0fdcc92a65943e2163f9f06f6/tumblr_o7z8yzBkuK1ruwssto4_250.gif

UZER
05-15-2017, 10:14 AM
My thoughts? Fuck them and their bitch-ass team. You can add Mike Brown to the list of pricks on that team. First thing he does at the post game press-conference is give kudos to ZaZa. What a clueless dick. That whole organization is filled with assholes.

:lol

"I'm not comparing Andre and Kawhi, but both teams had injuries." Dumbass

Texas_Ranger
05-15-2017, 10:32 AM
can't wait to see their stupid franchise fall apart like the Heat did. It will be a fun day.

DJR210
05-15-2017, 10:35 AM
Fuck those fucking gooks and fags, why don't you jump ship and go cheer with them.

testies
05-15-2017, 10:40 AM
they are shit like almost all nba fans

when the team is down they are silent, when they are on a run they make noise

sasaint
05-15-2017, 10:42 AM
can't wait to see their stupid franchise fall apart like the Heat did. It will be a fun day.

I hate the ignorant, homie GS fans as much as I do their superstar, chest-pounding, prima donna team.

grjr
05-15-2017, 10:53 AM
they are shit like almost all nba fans

when the team is down they are silent, when they are on a run they make noise

That was not my impression at all; unless you count one made basket a "run". Every time I tuned in they were making a shit ton of noise.

Darius Bieber
05-15-2017, 10:59 AM

I really prefer the Heat fans tbh

Trainwreck2100
05-15-2017, 11:05 AM
Basically they were shouting 'Refs you suck' while the refs were fucking the Spurs over and over :lol

buncha hypocritical douchebags

TheGreatYacht
05-15-2017, 11:50 AM
They're all faggots.....

still louder fans than Fat antonians though