PDA

View Full Version : Was Kawhi’s Game 1 Injury Result Of Dirty Play By Zaza? | First Take | May 15, 2017

spursparker9
05-15-2017, 10:23 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hF2EOQZgsk

Discussion whether it is dirty or not

spursparker9
05-15-2017, 10:43 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eM6mKsnq8ZY

clambake
05-15-2017, 10:50 AM
poor guy is just clumsy.

spurs10
05-15-2017, 11:15 AM
Absolutely!

Thomas82
05-15-2017, 11:30 AM
Yes it was.

clambake
05-15-2017, 11:34 AM
there is so much pressure on leonard to carry this team..........maybe he wanted to come down on that foot.

you ever consider that?

sananspursfan21
05-15-2017, 11:35 AM
I mean, I never did that be it in organized or pick up basketball. You have to try to get under a shooter. There's no way it was just play. In fact, I believe Kawhi just said what he said to avoid appearing 'salty' and trying to be a good sport. He's a better man than me. I'd of blown the trumpet on that jackass.

TheGreatYacht
05-15-2017, 11:37 AM
poor guy is just clumsy.
Okay, but enough about Dirk on defense. No one brought up that stiff here.

clambake
05-15-2017, 11:41 AM
salty

MultiTroll
05-15-2017, 11:45 AM
Discussion whether it is dirty or not
Is SAS transitioning to female?
0:50 to 1:10

At any rate they're just trolls. Especially Smith. Pay no attention.

TheGreatYacht
05-15-2017, 11:48 AM
Why the fuck is Patty mills a guest analyst on Undisputed instead of fixing that broke ass shot?

Spurs9
05-15-2017, 12:19 PM
I just turned on my DVR undisputed. They just showed other video of Zaza of stuff hes done in the past. I completely forgot about it, they showed Zaza putting Leonards arm in a lock and trying to twist as well as when he leveled Westbrook and stood over him.
Edit:
Found some videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-S2PS7fMjY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etUmTrO--BU

TheRemix
05-15-2017, 12:48 PM
Dirty. Zaza already has a repuatation of being a dirty player and we can't ignore that. People wanna say he's just "uncoordinated". bullshit. I've never seen that shit playing pick up or any level of organized basketball where there are a bunch of uncoordinated players.

UZER
05-15-2017, 12:51 PM
Sometimes it's unfortunate​ly bad timing. This was more like perfect timing.

There's guys have played thousands of hours of basketball in their life. He knew exactly what he was doing. It was no accident.

TampaDude
05-15-2017, 01:01 PM
Again...Zaza slid his foot TWICE to get under Kawhi's foot. It's so obvious.

Spurs da champs
05-15-2017, 01:19 PM
He gave no room to Kawhi on the sideline, dumb ass Eddie House.

SpurOutofTownFan
05-15-2017, 05:58 PM
the play is so obvious - I just watched several times and there's no doubt he knew exactly what he was doing.

If you look at his reaction, if he didn't know what was going on the automatic reaction would have been to stop and turn back as soon as he felt Kawhi's foot landing. You would be surprised if someone falls on your foot like that. What he did was the opposite, he ran to the other side of the court which was just an unnatural reaction if you weren't expecting that to happen.

Now people want to sweep this under the rug - I know someone will do some payback since the law will not act. You need to take the law in your hands when things like that happen. It's the only way to maintain a minimum of civility :)

daslicer
05-15-2017, 06:50 PM
I didn't bother to watch any of those clips but safe to say any spurs hater is going to say it was an accident.

UZER
05-15-2017, 06:55 PM
Kawhi was even fading away.

HarlemHeat37
05-15-2017, 07:08 PM
I don't understand how anybody is trying to justify that it wasn't dirty:lmao

I see all these RealGM fans and people in the media trying to compare it to other shot contests..it's irrelevant, you have to consider Zaza's body of work, he's one of the dirtiest players in recent NBA history..that's all you need to know, he doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt..ridiculous coverage..

dabom
05-15-2017, 07:10 PM
I don't understand how anybody is trying to justify that it wasn't dirty:lmao

I see all these RealGM fans and people in the media trying to compare it to other shot contests..it's irrelevant, you have to consider Zaza's body of work, he's one of the dirtiest players in recent NBA history..that's all you need to know, he doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt..ridiculous coverage..

Some really reaching shot-contests. :lol

I've seen them all, and they get upvoted in reddit. :lmao

HarlemHeat37
05-15-2017, 07:12 PM
Some really reaching shot-contests. :lol

I've seen them all, and they get upvoted in reddit. :lmao

It's dumb, tbh..

If it was David West or Javale McGee contesting the shot, I could understand questioning whether it was intentional or not..however, it was Zaza fucking Pachulia..one of the dirtiest players in the league, a guy who has a history vs. the Spurs, too..

jbspurs
05-15-2017, 07:14 PM
there is so much pressure on leonard to carry this team..........maybe he wanted to come down on that foot.

you ever consider that?

END OF THE WORLD IS COMING!!:bang

cd98
05-15-2017, 07:29 PM
In the 80s, he'd get his comeuppance. But Players don't retaliate in the NBA anymore.

Skoobz
05-15-2017, 07:30 PM

you ever consider that?
Tha fuck outta here with that bullshit.....asshat Mavs fan

Nathan89
05-15-2017, 08:04 PM
That faggot wouldn't have reacted like that if he didn't intend to do that. They are down 20+pts and you freak out because of a foul. Sure.

daslicer
05-15-2017, 08:09 PM
In the 80s, he'd get his comeuppance. But Players don't retaliate in the NBA anymore.

The punishments are too harsh today for retaliation. Unless you are on a popular team ala Cavs, Warriors, you are going to suffer a harsh suspension for doing anything that is dirty. The league jumped the shark last year when they refused to suspend Draymond for kicking Adams in the nuts on multiple occasions and played the stupid "it was an accident" card much like they are doing with Kawhi's injury. After that any suspension they give or don't give out is very questionable. A major brawl like the '04 Pistons brawl will have to happen before they start giving out fair punishments again.

DMC
05-15-2017, 08:43 PM

you ever consider that?

Kawhi has a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for Kawhi, and you curse the NBA. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That Kawhi's injury, while tragic, probably exposed scrubs. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, exposes scrubs. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want the Kawhi in the game, you need Kawhi in the game. We use words like cuck, LDN, Fathead. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent offending someone. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very website that the Spurs provide, and then questions the manner in which they provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a newspaper, and learn to read. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.

UZER
05-15-2017, 08:54 PM
Kawhi has a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for Kawhi, and you curse the NBA. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That Kawhi's injury, while tragic, probably exposed scrubs. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, exposes scrubs. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want the Kawhi in the game, you need Kawhi in the game. We use words like cuck, LDN, Fathead. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent offending someone. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very website that the Spurs provide, and then questions the manner in which they provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a newspaper, and learn to read. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.

Favorite movie speech of all time. I even have that memorized :lol

PÒÓCH
05-15-2017, 09:17 PM
I can't stand Steven A. Smith. Just one sentence out of his mouth and I want to turn off the TV. Worthless POS

paperboy77
05-15-2017, 09:36 PM

:bobo

Ice009
05-15-2017, 10:34 PM
What's the movie speech from?

skulls138
05-15-2017, 10:50 PM
It's not like momentum made him take that extra step, he took that extra step on purpose. Was he just not thinking or just unaware that his foot was underneath Kawhi? Not a starting player on a very good NBA player. Their focus is top notch, so yes that was intentional. Especially Zaza whose going to use every trick in the book to get GSW a ring with less talent.

Mister Sinister
05-15-2017, 11:00 PM

I wanna say Batman Returns?

rasuo214
05-15-2017, 11:08 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hopNAI8Pefg

SilverSpur
05-15-2017, 11:31 PM
It was planned. He has no intention of blocking the shot but he moves towards Kawhi twice to make sure he is under him when he lands and then reacts by dancing away from the Spurs bench.
Zaza is a POS
But I believe Kawhi will return.

TheDoctor
05-15-2017, 11:41 PM
It was planned. He has no intention of blocking the shot but he moves towards Kawhi twice to make sure he is under him when he lands and then reacts by dancing away from the Spurs bench.
Zaza is a POS
But I believe Kawhi will return.
Of course he will return. For good or bad he'll play on Saturday's game.