PDA

View Full Version : Pop should shut down Kawhi

dabom
05-15-2017, 03:52 PM
Spurs are gonna lose anyways, and we don't give the Warriors satisfaction that they beat a "hobbled" Kawhi.

I don't want this "well look, see, we were gonna win this series anyways with Kawhi on floor" when he is clearly not healthy.

TheGreatYacht
05-15-2017, 03:57 PM
If kawhi returns too early and isn't healthy at all, then it probably means we'll lose those home games. The media will push a narrative that their darlings didn't need that Zaza injury after all, they had this in the bag.

If those faggots ring, let them do it with a giant *

SpurOutofTownFan
05-15-2017, 05:49 PM
If kawhi returns too early and isn't healthy at all, then it probably means we'll lose those home games. The media will push a narrative that their darlings didn't need that Zaza injury after all, they had this in the bag.

If those faggots ring, let them do it with a giant *

My man TGY... well fucking said

TrainOfThought5
05-15-2017, 05:51 PM
Didnt he do this one year with Duncan? Saved his career. Won loyalty and championships for years to come?

daslicer
05-15-2017, 07:03 PM
There's no point in risking him breaking his ankle. It's weak right now and could lead to under injuries such as a knee injury.

davidbowie
05-15-2017, 07:07 PM
it was a longshot to beat them anyway. our best chance at the series was game 1. SHUT HIM DOWN

the warriors title will be tainted. or even better the cavs beat them and they are laughing stock for another year

Keepin' it real
05-16-2017, 09:35 PM
Especially after this mess tonight, there's no point in Kawhi risking serious injury if his team won't put up a fight literally or figuratively.

FkLA
05-16-2017, 09:39 PM
Especially after this mess tonight, there's no point in Kawhi risking serious injury if his team won't put up a fight literally or figuratively.

They're role players or in the case of LMA a #2. They are built to play off Kawhi. Can't expect them to consistently hang with Top 5 teams without him.

illusioNtEk
05-16-2017, 10:04 PM
Let him heal 100% for next year, fuck game 3 tbh

webshad
05-16-2017, 10:08 PM
I got a feeling, KL's season is over.

phxspurfan
05-16-2017, 10:13 PM
Should be over, he's like our '87 MJ. Let him come back fresh for a run with some real help.

cjw
05-16-2017, 10:16 PM
Pop could be sending a big FU to the league and cementing that *

Go Lebron

YGWHI
05-17-2017, 01:08 AM
There's no point in risking him breaking his ankle. It's weak right now and could lead to under injuries such as a knee injury.

Exactly. I don't care about GSW asterisk. It's Spurs' future what worries me, Pop shouldn't put at risk Kawhi's health for just one playoffs game. Damn...He already sprained that ankle 3 times in a week.

daslicer
05-17-2017, 01:13 AM
Exactly. I don't care about GSW asterisk. It's Spurs' future what worries me, Pop shouldn't put at risk Kawhi's health for just one playoffs game. Damn...He already sprained that ankle 3 times in a week.

It really sucks because I believe if this bs injury never happened the Spurs could have beaten the Warriors. With that being said playing Kawhi now is futile since he's not at 100 percent. I know it's painful for a lot of spur fans to accept which is Zaza robbed us of a championship but lets not risk being robbed for the next several reasons by risking Kawhi's health.

Atl Spur
05-17-2017, 01:29 AM
It really sucks because I believe if this bs injury never happened the Spurs could have beaten the Warriors. With that being said playing Kawhi now is futile since he's not at 100 percent. I know it's painful for a lot of spur fans to accept which is Zaza robbed us of a championship but lets not risk being robbed for the next several reasons by risking Kawhi's health.

I must admit, I agree with your rationale. Good job you :)

Dex
05-17-2017, 11:05 AM
Gutless worms.

cd98
05-17-2017, 11:06 AM
No, unless there is long term risk.

clambake
05-17-2017, 11:16 AM
hell he should play! what do you got left? a rodeo?

GSH
05-17-2017, 11:21 AM
hell he should play! what do you got left? a rodeo?

Yeah, it's not like we've got a Top 10 draft pick to look forward to, like you guys. How do you get those again? It's been so long I've forgotten.

Spursmania
05-17-2017, 01:15 PM
If the medical staff says its safe for him to play he should play. If there's any doubt, shut him down.

Chucho
05-17-2017, 01:17 PM
Yeah, it's not like we've got a Top 10 draft pick to look forward to, like you guys. How do you get those again? It's been so long I've forgotten.

God damn. Did you use lube, spit or just good ole anal grease raping this poor soul?

Either way, a big fat pussy thread this is.

unleashbaynes
05-17-2017, 01:18 PM
Gutless worms.

Nah. The more i watch his reaction to the second ankle turn in the GS game the more i'm suspicious that it could be a high ankle sprain. I don't want Kawhi playing on that.

hater
05-17-2017, 01:25 PM
Gutless worms.

:lmao lots of pussies in here

Its just a sprained ankle. If hes 80% or better he should play. There are no guarantees to anything he could get run over by a train during the summer.

I do agree if hes below 80% no point in playing

I give it a 60% chance he plays

phxspurfan
05-17-2017, 01:27 PM
Shut him down. Don't want a Grant Hill situation here

TheDoctor
05-17-2017, 01:29 PM

I must admit that 5 Championships later I miss being a top 10 draft lottery team :lol

hater
05-17-2017, 01:36 PM
Shut him down. Don't want a Grant Hill situation here

Fuck

Ok fine shut him down

This blows

TampaDude
05-17-2017, 01:40 PM
As much as I'd love to win the title this year, it's not worth sacrificing KL's future. He will lead us to at least two more championships, IMHO. We likely weren't taking 4 of 7 from GS without HOTS, anyway. Without a healthy KL, we have no realistic shot. Sucks, but it is what it is.

TheGreatYacht
05-17-2017, 01:41 PM
Yeah he's walking on eggshells right now. The way he reacted when he lightly stepped on Lee's foot let's you know how bad it is. Spurs haven't even released the results of the MRI and what grade the sprain is, IIRC.

DaBears
05-17-2017, 01:41 PM
Fuck

Ok fine shut him down

This blows

Series is still in the air, it hasn't been decided yet, Warriors did what they are suppose too win at home... If Khawi is at least 75% or higher He will play and that's enough of an edge well need to win in SA.. We do what we need to and series is back to even..
the 2nd best player in the league @ 75% is better than 80% of all the nba players combined.

DaBears
05-17-2017, 01:44 PM
Series is still in the air, it hasn't been decided yet, Warriors did what they are suppose too win at home... If Khawi is at least 75% or higher He will play and that's enough of an edge well need to win in SA.. We do what we need to and series is back to even..
the 2nd best player in the league @ 75% is better than 80% of all the nba players combined.

** from a medical perspective you cannot really make sure sprained ankle any worse once its sprained unless you brake your ankle (severity will not rise if reinjured), the likely hood of him breaking it is very low.. -- that being said because its not fully healed the poor kid is more acceptable to tweaks, but I would trust in the staff to to whats best for the player.. I fully expect him to play during this homestand... " Long live the legendary GAME 5"

kaji157
05-17-2017, 03:22 PM
If he can go give him a go, if not sit him.
If he is ready for game 4 then that is when he should be back.

baseline bum
05-17-2017, 03:25 PM
If Kawhi is healthy how do you not play him? The MRI results were good.

bic50
05-17-2017, 03:28 PM
I'm starting to hear more and more now that pop is calling it a season and letting Kawhi rest the remainder of the playoffs. That might be why the team seemed so deflated because they probably already know and don't see the point in even trying anymore.

hater
05-17-2017, 03:32 PM
I'm starting to hear more and more now that pop is calling it a season and letting Kawhi rest the remainder of the playoffs.

Sources??

Spur|n|Austin
05-17-2017, 03:41 PM
I'm starting to hear more and more now that pop is calling it a season and letting Kawhi rest the remainder of the playoffs. That might be why the team seemed so deflated because they probably already know and don't see the point in even trying anymore.

From where?

Poolboy5623
05-17-2017, 03:46 PM
He's twisted the same ankle 3 times in the last 7-10 days...how can he be healthy?

DMC
05-17-2017, 03:48 PM
I know this is just sour grapes fan talk, but no one gives a shit about anyone's asterisk. A ring is a ring is a ring. You don't see any banners with asterisks. When people say Lebron has 3 rings, no one says "but two were with a stacked team so *".

I'll take all the asterisks, I just want us to ring. I don't care if the other team goes out and stages a sit-in midcourt, a ring is a ring.

Anyhow, SA is just the conference finals. They have to beat the defending champs to ring. If Cleveland is healthy and the Dubs ring, it's a ring. If Cleveland is down to just RJ running the point and scrubs off the bench, it's a ring. No one gives a shit. Durant didn't give a shit when he went to the team with the best record in the history of the NBA. He just wants a ring. LMA just wants a ring, but doesn't see it happening now. Why should he be interested in showing what he can do, showing the heart of a warrior? He's done. It's all just entertainment now.

Man In Black
05-17-2017, 04:17 PM

The former Athletic Trainer in me says he's getting treatment. Some PT is pushing all the fluid out of his ankle and they are running Cryo and Heat in cyclical fashion. He gets to wear a boot when he's not in treatment and I bet the Spurs have him sleeping in a Hyperbaric Chamber.

I'm fairly certain he's going to play. The David Lee incident was more a tweak than a sprain. The Zaza shit was pure thuggery and any challenge like that ON A FADEAWAY JUMPSHOT should be an automatic Flagrant foul.

bic50
05-17-2017, 04:20 PM
Sources??
Nothing real reliable. Just heard skip say it and Eddie house agreed. Hope they're wrong though.

NameLess Scrub
05-17-2017, 04:40 PM
Shut him down. Damage was already done during game 1.

DMC
05-17-2017, 04:42 PM
He could ask Matt Barnes to tell him, Matt has shut him down before.

unleashbaynes
05-17-2017, 04:42 PM
:lmao lots of pussies in here

Its just a sprained ankle. If hes 80% or better he should play. There are no guarantees to anything he could get run over by a train during the summer.

I do agree if hes below 80% no point in playing

I give it a 60% chance he plays

"Just a sprained ankle".

He turned it 3 times in like a week. Have you ever played basketball? That's a shit injury. Let the man recover.

phxspurfan
05-17-2017, 04:44 PM
Grant Hill opens up about his ankle injuries (http://www.foxsports.com/nba/story/grant-hill-says-detroit-orlando-mismanaged-injuries-042711)

jermaine
05-17-2017, 05:30 PM
I'd shut him down if he's not 100%!!! An if he plays an they're down at the half by 20.... I'd take him out an shut him down also. No reason to wreck the future over this roster.

bic50
05-17-2017, 06:27 PM
He could ask Matt Barnes to tell him, Matt has shut him down before.
Too soon man too soon

Chris
05-17-2017, 06:30 PM
I unfortunately agree. Long-game.

Brazil
05-18-2017, 07:38 AM
Pussy talk tbh...

if he is healthy enough you play him and give him a shot... this is his team he should be the one to decide. What kind of leader would go ? I'm ok but I won't play to preserve myself and let you guys be humiliated

superbigtime
05-18-2017, 02:28 PM
Why the hell does anyone care what a Warriors fan thinks? come on