PDA

View Full Version : Dejounte Murray hype

ViceCity86
05-16-2017, 10:33 PM
I'm not seeing it. Tony Parker II? :lol

Parker, I knew, I just knew he was going to be good before he even played his first game.

Murray? I hope he can be a good backup PG.

GSH
05-16-2017, 10:34 PM
You joined ST 5 years ago? I guess before that you were just following Parker around on your own?

Fucktard.

spursistan
05-16-2017, 10:37 PM
You joined ST 5 years ago? I guess before that you were just following Parker around on your own?

Fucktard.

:wow

testies
05-16-2017, 10:38 PM
hes a scrub
who cares

05-16-2017, 10:39 PM
Do you think 19 y/o Parker would've done much better against the most stacked team of all time?

Atl Spur
05-16-2017, 10:39 PM
He is 20 yrs old on the biggest stage of his life........ Give the kid a break. Show some of that vitriol for the veterans that have no heart!!

Biernutz
05-16-2017, 10:40 PM
4 points by Murray tonight. We shot 37%

TimDunkem
05-16-2017, 10:40 PM
He is 20 yrs old on the biggest stage of his life........ Give the kid a break. Show some of that vitriol for the veterans that have no heart!!
/thread

tholdren
05-16-2017, 10:41 PM
Do you think 19 y/o Parker would've done much better against the most stacked team of all time?

I've never seen a pg, be a regularly awful passer on a fast break until Murray.

Mikeanaro
05-16-2017, 10:42 PM
Lol that makes no sense, Murray played less and Porker had Duncan with him all the time, one game Porker scored 5 points against the SuperLaker team.

BG_Spurs_Fan
05-16-2017, 10:42 PM
Murray can certainly fill up a stat sheet and he has a lot of talent, but the comparisons to rookie Parker are unfair. Rookie Parker was always in control and had a very low turnover rate, while Murray is totally out of control most of the time. Still, it's clear what they see in him, there's a lot to like and a lot of potential.

SpurOutofTownFan
05-16-2017, 10:44 PM
give time - the guys isn't there yet - i dont believe the hype tbqh yet

Atl Spur
Please sticky this post.....You will be eating crow in the end!

Proxy
Murray doesn't have Speedy and Antonio backing him up

dabom
I like the guy. Lots of potential. But if you think Murray/forbes is your answer, your a fucktard. :lol

bic50
05-16-2017, 10:45 PM
Most likely. Young tp had already been professionally

tholdren
05-16-2017, 10:45 PM
I like the guy. Lots of potential. But if you think Murray/forbes is your answer, your a fucktard. :lol

Forbes in before bertans wtf

FkLA
05-16-2017, 10:46 PM
Murray can certainly fill up a stat sheet and he has a lot of talent, but the comparisons to rookie Parker are unfair. Rookie Parker was always in control and had a very low turnover rate, while Murray is totally out of control most of the time. Still, it's clear what they see in him, there's a lot to like and a lot of potential.

Rookie Parker also had a whole RS to figure things out and the great Timothy Duncan by his side for that entire playoff run.

BatManu20
05-16-2017, 10:46 PM
Dumb. Everyone was singing his praises last series, talking about how bright his future is. Now he's struggling against the best team in the league/most talented roster of all time, who are also a great defense, in the WCF, surrounded by a bunch of other guys who are also playing like shit, and he's barely 20-years old.. should still be in college.

The bottom line is he's a young, talented player with nice tools and a lot upside. He needs a lot of work though, as does every 20 year-old Rookie playing with grown men at the highest level. He'll be fine. His future is still bright.

Mikeanaro
05-16-2017, 10:47 PM
Porker played the whole RS averaging 30 minutes per game and 9 points 4.3 assists per game, did Murray had the same chances to show his game?

SpursIndonesia
19 yrs old Parker run circles around the Glove & shut GhostWriter up with his proposed, i don't know if i remember it correctly, a trade for Courtney Alexander or somebody else. Not to be confused as a difference maker, but he showed something in 2002 WCSF against the Lakers.

Murray, while quite talented, is just more raw & not ready for the big stage.

cd98
I've been a sharp critic of Murray as I've said people that think he should be starting over Parker don't know anything about basketball. That said, GSW has a swarming D. Yes, they made him look bad. But he won't face playoff basketball defense from the best team in basketball every night. He'll get better, but he's two years away from being a big time contributor, if he ever gets to that level.

KDKSpurs24
05-16-2017, 10:49 PM
Just give him an offseason. Kawhi said it himself, you have to PLAY in order to find out what you need to work on. He'll be fine. End of story.

Ditty
05-16-2017, 10:53 PM
Kawhi wasn't perfect his rookie season also, he had some moments he fucked up. I like this kids flow, and swagger but he needs to slow down a bit. Once he gets his shot, which is a pretty good form, and gains some weight/muscle. He does need to stop being a little lazy on defense which was an issue he had in college. That's coachable.

BG_Spurs_Fan
Rookie Parker also had a whole RS to figure things out and the great Timothy Duncan by his side for that entire playoff run.

Porker played the whole RS averaging 30 minutes per game and 9 points 4.3 assists per game, did Murray had the same chances to show his game?

Can't possibly be because he actually deserved all those minutes?

BackHome
+ 100000000

Atl Spur
05-16-2017, 10:54 PM
True statement KDKSPURS24 you sir hit it on the head. Give this man some time to understand basketball at this level; if we go back to kawhi rookie year i'm sure some of you same people were saying stupid shit then too! Very few people in the world are ready for the type of pressure on the job this kid is up against. HE HAS HEART and you can't teach that.......period!

sananspursfan21
05-16-2017, 10:54 PM
Really just his first actually bad performance in the playoffs. Cut him a break.

bic50
05-16-2017, 11:01 PM
True statement KDKSPURS24 you sir hit it on the head. Give this man some time to understand basketball at this level; if we go back to kawhi rookie year i'm sure some of you same people were saying stupid shit then too! Very few people in the world are ready for the type of pressure on the job this kid is up against. HE HAS HEART and you can't teach that.......period!

Really just his first actually bad performance in the playoffs. Cut him a break.

FkLA
05-16-2017, 11:02 PM

He got those minutes over who? DJ probably gets that opportunity too if the only other options at PG are Antonio Daniels and the corpse of Terry Porter.

Hoops Czar
05-16-2017, 11:07 PM
Thread deflecting from the real elephant in the room, Paddy's ability to run an NBA offense. What a trashy player.

Fireball
05-16-2017, 11:08 PM
Murray was horrible ... but he will get better which means more consistent.

Southwest Texas Fan
05-16-2017, 11:08 PM
4 points by Murray tonight. We shot 37%

4 points???

spursistan
05-16-2017, 11:11 PM
Thread deflecting from the real elephant in the room, Paddy's ability to run an NBA offense. What a trashy player.
Whatever extra money he's supposedly made in the Houston series, he's been losing in this one so far..

If your goal is to take down Golden Sate, what kind of dumb move to go and overpay player who has been destroyed in this matchup for the past two seasons.

Atl Spur
05-16-2017, 11:14 PM
Just let Murray learn trial by fire approach! Tough and unforgiving coaching is what he said he wanted from Pop so he could be great......I believe he will be one day and If not it won't be due to lack of EFFORT.

Truth4sale$
05-16-2017, 11:20 PM
Murray is a more of a new era point guard, score and flashy first. He might never be a traditional point guard but neither was Tony until about 2 years ago with the emergence of Kawahi. We have to be patient. Give him 3 years, let him get consistent playing time, gain wait, develop a jumpshot and then judge him, unlike Kyle Anderson who seems to have reached his peak.

GSH
05-16-2017, 11:20 PM

Exactly.

I'm pretty sure I remember hearing about some 8 year old sports analyst during Parker's rookie year, though, so that was probably the OP.

ECOV
05-16-2017, 11:24 PM

Spursmania
05-16-2017, 11:43 PM
The whole team sucked tonight except for Simmons. None of the veterans stepped up. LA was the most disappointing.

Mikeanaro
05-16-2017, 11:48 PM
And Porker 2017 deserved more minutes than some kid scoring 20 something points in a couple of games showing potential? during meaningless RS with TP playing like shit?

100%duncan
05-16-2017, 11:50 PM
Oh yeah let's go rant on a 19 year old rooki against possibly the most stacked pussies of all time without the team's two best player that is now led by a former dleaguer and 2 7 foot pussies.

Russ
05-16-2017, 11:58 PM
I'm quite impressed with his post-game interview. Mature, reflective, intelligent.

Combine that with his athleticism and skill -- I think we'll be fine going forward.

MaNu4Tres
05-16-2017, 11:58 PM
The hype is real, his ceiling is very high and the work ethic is second to none.

He'll be a major part of this team moving forward. Even Parker had bad games his rookie year.

Cute thread though after a game he didn't do well.

TheGreatYacht
05-17-2017, 12:00 AM
Won't be better than TP, but he will be the second best guard in franchise history though tbh

TheGreatYacht
05-17-2017, 12:01 AM
TBQFH

daslicer
05-17-2017, 12:06 AM
Can't judge him by the bad games he has in the playoffs. He's a rookie playing a very experienced team. He has already shown flashes of what he can be down the line. He's far from a finished product.

Atl Spur
05-17-2017, 12:32 AM
Look at you _aslicer , making a valid point. I'm proud of you SON! You are a clown

Atl Spur
05-17-2017, 12:33 AM
Not very smart but must admit you are funny

Vito Corleone
05-17-2017, 12:36 AM
Murray doesn't have to be a point, he is tall enough and quick enough he would be a hell of a 2 guard. At 6'5 he is as tall as guys like Sprewell and Mitch Richmond. However, if he can develop his PG skills and his outside shooting he is a guy that will make a all-star game or two. He has to learn how to do all the good things he does but also take care of the rock. He does that he will be a fan favorite for many years to come.

Atl Spur
05-17-2017, 12:38 AM
Vito, I was thinking the same thing as I continue to watch him play. Ball security must be priority ONE. He dribbles to high and easy to time for a decent NBA defender.

GSH
05-17-2017, 12:45 AM
BTW - the kid is one hell of a rebounder for a PG. I remember in SL he had some ridiculous rebounding games, and people commenting on it. I thought most of it was probably competing against SL competition - and that was some of it. But he's legit in that department. Right now, he's a better rebounder than most PG's, and he's far from reaching his ceiling in any part of his game.

It will also be nice to have a PG who is a legit above the rim threat. Finishing with authority means fewer missed bunnies, and more FT's when they do make contact.

I think a lot of you are making way too much over how good he is as a 19 year old rookie vs. how far he's come, and how much he has exceeded expectations for this year.

daslicer
05-17-2017, 12:48 AM
His style of play makes me think of Penny Hardaway just not as athletic but similar body frames.

Atl Spur
05-17-2017, 12:49 AM
GSH I would give credit for your post but since I don't respect you I won't..........

Atl Spur
05-17-2017, 12:50 AM
Look at _aslicer with an OPINION!! Lame ass dude

SAGirl
05-17-2017, 12:55 AM
Dumb. Everyone was singing his praises last series, talking about how bright his future is. Now he's struggling against the best team in the league/most talented roster of all time, who are also a great defense, in the WCF, surrounded by a bunch of other guys who are also playing like shit, and he's barely 20-years old.. should still be in college.

The bottom line is he's a young, talented player with nice tools and a lot upside. He needs a lot of work though, as does every 20 year-old Rookie playing with grown men at the highest level. He'll be fine. His future is still bright.
Probably this.
He struggled shooting, so did a lot of the guys playing with him tonight save Davis.
He forced some things but he was probably asked to create and be aggressive.

he also played with lineups that have rarely seen the floor together. He has played so little in the NBA ppl forget this.

GSH
05-17-2017, 01:10 AM
2002 Western Conference Semis against the Lakers.

Tony Parker had 5 points on .250 shooting. 1-2 from the FT line, 1 RB, and 4 TO's. And he had Tim Duncan drawing a permanent double team. Bad games happen to rookies in the playoffs. And Parker had a whole RS to get used to game pressure. He'd also been playing pro ball for several years before coming to the Spurs.

I'm not saying rookie Murray is as good as rookie Parker. But he's not nearly as bad as some of you are talking.