PDA

View Full Version : Did LMA try to take out KD?

FkLA
05-17-2017, 12:27 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mUDERydmGs

Probably the best thing he did all night. I applaud the effort even though it didn't end in the desired result. Keep trying. Preferably on the twink.

Darius Bieber
05-17-2017, 12:29 AM
I hope so

BatManu20
05-17-2017, 12:29 AM
They've been discussing this on espn since the game ended. Looks like he did tbh.

Nathan89
05-17-2017, 12:31 AM
Did this faggot talk about Zaza's overreaction after the under cut or did he just mention LMA looking "sheepish"?

Russ
05-17-2017, 12:32 AM
If that's the evidence, LaMarcus is about as dirty as the driven snow.

NASpurs
05-17-2017, 12:34 AM
LMA can't even get THAT right, confirmed loser.

GSH
I hope so. But if he did, he even did that like a wuss. :lol

Holden_Caulfield
looks exactly the same

daslicer
05-17-2017, 12:35 AM
They've been discussing this on espn since the game ended. Looks like he did tbh.

At this point of time I have to say it would be comical if the league decided to suspend LMA or even fine him.

TheGreatYacht
05-17-2017, 12:35 AM
Durcant jumped forwards, Kawhi faded away.

After DisnESPN gave the Worriers a pass because Bowen was dirty, they want to paint us with the dirty image as well.

Hope Curry shatters his ankle and the snake's jones fracture comes back tho

Quiet Strength
05-17-2017, 12:36 AM
He was full of fail all game

FkLA
05-17-2017, 12:38 AM
LMA can't even get THAT right, confirmed loser.

I hope so. But if he did, he even did that like a wuss. :lol

This though. How the fuck does he land on his foot and nothing happens. That would only happen to LMA. :lol

Just hope he doesn't lose confidence and keeps trying.

GSH
05-17-2017, 12:40 AM
looks exactly the same

Honestly, it looks pretty damn close. It's not identical, but I'm not going to split hairs. I'm just disappointed right now, that it didn't end Durant's season. I'm on a serious karma lookout right now.

BillMc
05-17-2017, 12:42 AM

LMA is streaky. If he does manage to take out Durant, his confidence will shoot up and he may score in double digits. :lol

Russ
05-17-2017, 12:45 AM
Honestly, it looks pretty damn close. It's not identical, but I'm not going to split hairs. I'm just disappointed right now, that it didn't end Durant's season. I'm on a serious karma lookout right now.
I don't see it. Bowen, yes. Pachulia, yes. This, no.

GSH
05-17-2017, 12:51 AM
I don't see it. Bowen, yes. Pachulia, yes. This, no.

That second slide-step? It's not as reaching as Pachulia's, but damned if I can see any reason for it. :lol

Not saying it makes him a villain - I don't know. What I AM saying is that it doesn't make him nearly enough of a villain for my tastes.

Those two announcers are a couple of knob-gobblers though, aren't they? Wow, they're working hard.

apalisoc_9
05-17-2017, 12:52 AM
Even though it didn't connect.

It should give their shooters enough pause against the Bigs on a mismatch...too bad GSW is way too good.

UZER
05-17-2017, 12:57 AM
:lol if you still don't think ESPN had an agenda​

Here you go.

dabom
05-17-2017, 12:59 AM
Kawhi jumps 2;feet up and 1 foot back with his back foot further back and zaza still catches it. Durant jumps one foot up and forward and lands on LMA. Way different things right here. :lmao

dabom
05-17-2017, 01:03 AM
The announcers for TNT even compared these situations to the fade, said they were a completely different.

dabom
05-17-2017, 01:05 AM
Jeff Van gundy.

blizz
05-17-2017, 01:18 AM
Legler is such a faggot. Claiming that Zaza's was more natural than LA's. It was exactly the same if not different in LA's favor only because KL was fading, KD wasn't.

xtremesteven33
05-17-2017, 01:25 AM
At this point I'll be surprised if Aldridge even shows up on Saturday.

HI-FI
05-17-2017, 01:44 AM
Just another reason I'm glad that ESPN is hemorrhaging money.

UNT Eagles 2016
05-17-2017, 01:48 AM
Just another reason I'm glad that ESPN is hemorrhaging money.

I wish they'd just stick to football, because they're still good at covering that. Even though they ruined MNF by taking out Tirico and replacing him with a fucking college play by play scrub.

Proxy
05-17-2017, 02:10 AM
espn gets its info and topics from reddit lol

Mal
05-17-2017, 02:14 AM
Damn shame faggot Durant walked after that

dabom
05-17-2017, 02:16 AM
Durant has weak knees not ankles LMA. Who gave him the wrong info...

tbdog
05-17-2017, 02:20 AM
Reddit has lost it, thinking it was far worse than Zaza. It is a desperate attempt to appear to make the series fair. This undercut would almost never ever cause an injury. This isn't undercutting someone to the point their back foot lands on your shin while they fade-away.

polandprzem
05-17-2017, 02:57 AM
Kawhi jumps 2;feet up and 1 foot back with his back foot further back and zaza still catches it. Durant jumps one foot up and forward and lands on LMA. Way different things right here. :lmao

Yea how come they try to compare the two. LMA did not took the landing area of the shooter and this slide was minor.

But as I said- ppl switched the tables- gonna show all the dirty plays from the history and point at us as dirty so Zaza is excused and Pop looks like a crazy old hypocrite. Ina history of me being a Spurs fan this is the most awful thing yet

r0drig0lac
05-17-2017, 07:53 AM
Durant has weak knees not ankles LMA. Who gave him the wrong info...

spursparker9
05-17-2017, 08:00 AM
Game 3 try again, LMA

RD2191
05-17-2017, 08:02 AM
Ho Lee fuck ESPN is insufferable just like the warriors and their fans. Has there ever been a bigger collection of faggots in sports history?

$pursDynasty
05-17-2017, 08:10 AM
AS IF, I was listening to BSPN this morning and Stugotz is trying to make it out like Pop called a Code Red on Durant. Let me state this if I was (and I feel Pop is a lot shrewder than I am) going to do something like this, the LAST person I would send to pull it off is a beta (is there something worse than beta?) like Aldridge. If this was a police show or court show, Aldridge would break so quick under questioning or under cross examination, the show wouldn't even make it to the first commercial break. Talk about reaching to protect your sacred cow the Dubs, can't have them cast as dirty now can we, while on the other hand the Spurs are the Cinderella or red headed step children of the league so make them the villains.

playbonner15
05-17-2017, 08:14 AM
At this point I'll be surprised if Aldridge even shows up on Saturday.
Can he get any more depressed on the court? :lol

$pursDynasty
05-17-2017, 08:24 AM
If Pop was going to Code Red Durant, it would be wiser to send Bowen with a ski mask and a baseball bat to "Nancy Kerrigan" him in the parking lot than to send LMA to do it. Bruce is a soldier "mentally strong" and wouldn't crack under cross examination. Back to LMA, I really don't know what is going on with him, I guess pressure reveals true character. The playoffs are the highest pressure and maybe what they are revealing is that the NBA has a lot of players with a lot of talent...and no balls.

diego
05-17-2017, 08:26 AM
It's comical really, after Zaza Aldridge has two incidents where he inched closer to a shooter and they compare it with Zaza taking a full extra step under a guy fading back. It's not comparable, but if it were, what's the big deal? League already set precedent that doing it is nothing more than a common foul, and I'm extremely disappointed pop doesn't have all his players close out like Zaza from here on out. Unless they find footage of Spurs players doing it before Zaza their point is completely moot.

LkrFan
05-17-2017, 08:32 AM

Probably the best thing he did all night. I applaud the effort even though it didn't end in the desired result. Keep trying. Preferably on the twink.

You the man. I was just about to post this shiiiiiit! :lol. Where you at DPG21920? I'm curious to hear your :downspin: :lol

This was ordered by Pop. I bet not hear anymore shit from him either. Too bad the chickenshit reporters didn't have the balls to call him out on ordering LMA to do that shit.

Venti Quattro
05-17-2017, 08:34 AM
Reddit has lost it, thinking it was far worse than Zaza. It is a desperate attempt to appear to make the series fair. This undercut would almost never ever cause an injury. This isn't undercutting someone to the point their back foot lands on your shin while they fade-away.
LMA's was worse because Zaza at least had some forward momentum. LMA had ZERO forward momentum and just sticks his foot under KD

webshad
05-17-2017, 08:38 AM
LMA's was worse because Zaza at least had some forward momentum. LMA had ZERO forward momentum and just sticks his foot under KD

That's correct, it was KD that was jumping forward, he wasn't going up and down. He shoots behind the 3point line but ends up inside the 3point line.

So no LMA was not worse.

Kawhi was fading away yet MVZ still managed to get under him.

RD2191
05-17-2017, 08:44 AM

Lol. What the fuck are Lakers fans doing in here? Enjoy the lottery last night?

Venti Quattro
05-17-2017, 08:50 AM
That's correct, it was KD that was jumping forward, he wasn't going up and down. He shoots behind the 3point line but ends up inside the 3point line.

So no LMA was not worse.

Kawhi was fading away yet MVZ still managed to get under him.

LMA took a half step, without any opposite force or provocation, just to make sure he had his feet under KD. I'm not saying Zaza's undercut was better, but at least you can put a spin on it. This is blatant AND indefensible. Pop should be ashamed of himself if he doesn't call out LMA for this.

webshad
05-17-2017, 08:52 AM
LMA took a half step, without any opposite force or provocation, just to make sure he had his feet under KD. I'm not saying Zaza's undercut was better, but at least you can put a spin on it. This is blatant AND indefensible. Pop should he ashamed of himself if he doesn't call out LMA for this.

KD was jumping forward, that is not LMA's fault at all.

If KD was fading away or was traditionally jumping up and down, no way he would have landed close to LMA's foot.

Look at the video again, KD shoots a 3 from behind the line but ends up inside the line, no defender is going to fade away from you when you're jumping forward.

Keepin' it real
05-17-2017, 08:56 AM
I hope he didn't try, because if so, you can add that to his list of failures.

weebo
05-17-2017, 08:57 AM
If there was intent so be it. Blame the league for make no legal to undercut jump shooters.

$pursDynasty
05-17-2017, 08:58 AM
LMA took a half step, without any opposite force or provocation, just to make sure he had his feet under KD. I'm not saying Zaza's undercut was better, but at least you can put a spin on it. This is blatant AND indefensible. Pop should be ashamed of himself if he doesn't call out LMA for this.
hypocrisy is the American way, if people got locked up for it, no one would be walking the streets. Take recent feelings about James Comey doing a 180, to feelings about how important sacred 'confidential' government intel is, all the way to "if you love the country, you should want the President to succeed, BS". Nothing to see here keep it moving. If you strain hard enough you can find dirty plays by all teams and find footage of the coaches of said team crying foul when his player is hurt by a similar type dirty play.

RD2191
05-17-2017, 09:08 AM
Hopefully he keeps trying until he's successful.

ulosturedge
05-17-2017, 09:18 AM
You gotta get to the trailing leg of the shooter. That's the one all the weight is coming down on. So yeah poor attempt by Aldridge! If he made anymore of a serious attempt at it he would get suspended and the series would definitely be officially over.

Fuck zaza and fuck the Warriors. They 'ship after this definitely put an asterisks on it. Never thought there would be a day where I'm rooting for LeBron and the Cavs over an opposing team but here it is. Faggots.

TDomination
05-17-2017, 09:30 AM
If anything, Durant landed on lamarcus foot on purpose to create something out of nothing

maybe? Lol

diego
05-17-2017, 10:09 AM

Aldridge's foot didn't move more than 4 inches, zaza's moved over a foot. But regardless precedent was set, show me Aldridge doing this before 3Rd quarter of game 1 and you have an argument

Aztecfan03
05-17-2017, 10:26 AM

He did a shitty job because he didn't step under durant. Durant jumped into him.

TheGreatYacht
05-17-2017, 10:37 AM
Spurs being made to look like the villains in all of this by the media and Lakers Chinese fans lmfao.

Warriors do it = Zaza isn't a dirty player, Bowen did it too, happens every game, Kawhi was already hurt, etc

Spurs do it = THEY TRIED TO HURT DURANT!!!!!

picnroll
05-17-2017, 10:53 AM
What absolute and total bull shit. Try taking a hop leaning forward and not taking a small 3-4 inch second step to balance forward momentum. Look at the total distance Aldridge covered on that close out , foot, foot and a half. Look at the distance Pechulia covered on his second step.

FkLA
05-17-2017, 10:57 AM

I'm just wondering why you didn't log on to comment after Kawhi was injured. LMA does this, which if it was intentional was in retaliation, and now you're making threads about it. As if LMA retaliating evens things up or makes the Spurs just as dirty as your new bandwagon team.

bklynspursfan
05-17-2017, 11:04 AM
If Durant was fading away and LMA still got under him, it would be equivalent. LMA's strides seemed smaller than Zaza's. Though yes, similar.

But hey, who here would be surprised if they suspend LMA for this after not hearing a peep when Zaza did it? I know I wouldn't.

testies
05-17-2017, 11:05 AM
Lets be honest, he did

but hes such a soft faggot that his foot is like landing on cotton candy

GSH
05-17-2017, 11:09 AM
The elephant in the room is that if the league had taken a stand on what Pachulia did (and they should have), then we wouldn't be having this discussion. If it's okay for Pachulia to do, then it would be fucking stupid for other players NOT to do it.

Like one of the other dumbshit players said after the Pachulia hit: "He was just tryin to help his team win." He wasn't questioning whether it was intentional - just saying that it's part of being "competitive". Fine. That's why I hope LMA really was doing it on purpose. And why I hope he keeps on doing it until someone gets hurt. One set of rules... right? But if someone does get hurt, we'll finally have to admit that it's not one set of rules. If Pop and the Spurs play their cards right, the league is backed in a corner on this one. Because they'll have to play mind-reader, and say that Pachulia's wasn't intentional, but they can tell that the second one was. The whole point is that it doesn't make a rat fuck what Zaza was thinking. He stuck his foot under a falling shooter.

And you laker pussies? I guess when your whole team is so shitty that any one of them getting injured doesn't change things, you have nothing better to do than come here. I don't get mad about your comments anymore. Every time I see you I know it's just because there's absolutely nothing to talk about in LakerLand. Welcome to the home of a real team. :toast

testies
05-17-2017, 11:34 AM
Also, Doris Burke said that Poop only went on that scripted tirade because the players basically forced him to.

And Mr Poop actually laughed it off in the end, he can't even take himself seriously

8FOR!3
05-17-2017, 12:09 PM
If he did good for him. Keep trying it til it works.

Floyd Pacquiao
05-17-2017, 12:21 PM
If he did good for him. Keep trying it til it works.

Floyd Pacquiao
05-17-2017, 12:23 PM
Honestly I don't think it was intentional. Look at the snakes jump off to where he lands. He jumps behind the line and ends up in front of the line.

SAGirl
05-17-2017, 12:27 PM
It doesn't look like it.
If he tried he didn't do it well.

EIC
05-17-2017, 01:17 PM
Zaza's was up against the sideline. Kawhi was either gonna come down on Zaza and/or stumble back into the bench which is how he rolled it just before that.

phxspurfan
05-17-2017, 01:28 PM
Even though it didn't connect.

It should give their shooters enough pause against the Bigs on a mismatch...too bad GSW is way too good.

This. their shooters will be watching their landings all series.

Russ
05-17-2017, 02:15 PM
Stephen Jackson on ESPN just said LMA didn't try to hurt Durant.

He said LMA doesn't care enough to try to hurt someone.

:hat

DAF86
05-17-2017, 02:25 PM
By looking at the video, it seems like he definitely did it intentionally.

$pursDynasty
05-17-2017, 02:50 PM
By looking at the video, it seems like he definitely did it intentionally.
Do you think the spirit of Bowen took control of his body for a minute? I mean it might be possible since sometimes LMA plays like a soulless shell, maybe Bowen's spirit left him in the ESPN studio and animated his lifeless corpse for some old school retribution.

Diego20
05-17-2017, 04:34 PM
"I'm a spurs fan and I can say that lemarcus is really soft and can't even injure anyone if he really tried"

:rollin

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-17-2017, 05:19 PM
If he were going to do it right, he'd have wiped out Curry. :td

skulls138
05-17-2017, 06:25 PM
By looking at the video, it seems like he definitely did it intentionally.I agree and that's pretty weak to do that while having such a worthless game. We don't have the moral high ground to use as motivation now.

skulls138
05-17-2017, 06:26 PM
Stephen Jackson on ESPN just said LMA didn't try to hurt Durant.

He said LMA doesn't care enough to try to hurt someone.

:hatOuch. True but...ouch.

emanueldavidginobili
05-17-2017, 07:16 PM
LA did look more unnatural, the thing that was different Zaza was sprinting trying to close out at the three point line LA literally was standing still and still hopped twice.

Arcadian
05-17-2017, 07:18 PM
Ho Lee fuck ESPN is insufferable just like the warriors and their fans. Has there ever been a bigger collection of faggots in sports history?

:lol

krj9999
05-17-2017, 07:48 PM
I actually think he was indecisive whether to put a body on KD after the shot for rebounding purposes, and where his foot ended up was accidental. Seems like making a mountain out of a molehill, and if KL hadn't been injured in prior game this wouldn't even be in the discussion.

BillMc
05-17-2017, 07:57 PM
Doesn't look good, tbh.

TheDoctor
05-17-2017, 08:03 PM
Looks intentional.

DMC
05-17-2017, 11:56 PM
This though. How the fuck does he land on his foot and nothing happens. That would only happen to LMA. :lol

Cause Aldridge is flat footed as fuck. Lucky Aldridge didn't get a concussion.

DMC
05-17-2017, 11:57 PM
I actually think he was indecisive whether to put a body on KD after the shot for rebounding purposes, and where his foot ended up was accidental. Seems like making a mountain out of a molehill, and if KL hadn't been injured in prior game this wouldn't even be in the discussion.

If KL didn't injure himself in the 2nd round and reinjure himself a play or two earlier Zaza's foot doesn't do anything.

BillMc
05-17-2017, 11:58 PM
Aren't they tight off the court? I read somewhere KD and LMA were friends.

SpursforSix
05-18-2017, 12:23 AM
Aren't they tight off the court? I read somewhere KD and LMA were friends.

Not so much anymore. They kept arguing about who gets to be the bottom.

jimbo
05-18-2017, 03:33 AM
Also, Doris Burke said that Poop only went on that scripted tirade because the players basically forced him to.

And Mr Poop actually laughed it off in the end, he can't even take himself seriously

:lol poop listening to anyone but himself

polandprzem
05-18-2017, 06:28 AM

Where Doris got that info from and where did she said that.
I'd rather not believe Doris as she already said Pop hates her etc.

bic50
05-18-2017, 06:48 AM
LA did look more unnatural, the thing that was different Zaza was sprinting trying to close out at the three point line LA literally was standing still and still hopped twice.
Zaza wasn't sprinting

tbdog
05-18-2017, 07:06 AM
LMA doesn't even belong in the same realm as this (http://imgur.com/a/WA19q)....

tbdog
05-18-2017, 07:10 AM
http://i.imgur.com/dJu4rI2.jpg

Austin_Toros
05-18-2017, 07:17 AM
Doesn't look intentional IMO. LMA took a tiny step, nowhere near enough to slide under Durbeta.

4down
05-18-2017, 08:23 AM

As if Pop and the Spurs would be stupid enough to retaliate in kind. Also, we all know LA has a history of bush league shit along with attacking three warriors players just last year. Also we all knew KDs ankle was already injured right? Oh no, but Lamarcus' was so much worse. :rolleyes The faedaway vs jump forward and lead foot vs back one has already been discussed as has the distance of the steps.

This was nothing more than a weak contest. Was a foul even called on the play? I thought refs had been looking for that shit. Would have been even more so after game 1

cd98
05-18-2017, 08:41 AM
I think Pop was more upset at seeing their chances to win this end. They had only a small shot to win this and it requires winning games like Game 1. To lose it they way we did was frustrating. I think he was more pissed at the situation than specifically ZaZa Gabor as a goon.

noles1983
05-18-2017, 10:54 AM
For starters he picked the beta faggot on the team, should have been Curry and then he cant even sweep the leg. Fucking useless. I do like pop having one of our shitty players attempt it though. Couldn't risk losing Dedmon or Bertans.

DieHardSpursFan1537
05-18-2017, 01:42 PM

Looks like he tried. It was a solid attempt. Hope they go for it again in game 3.