PDA

View Full Version : Betty Shelby found not guilty of murdering Crutcher in Tulsa.

Fabbs
05-18-2017, 09:51 AM
3 African Americans on jury. :wow

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/betty-shelby-not-guilty-first-degree-manslaughter/
https://www.theblackloop.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/wp-1474390032493.jpg

Fabbs
05-18-2017, 10:05 AM
At least four of the 12 jurors were crying as they left the courtroom and did not look at either the family of Crutcher or Shelby. The juror comprised eight women and four men and included three African-Americans.

The family of Terence Crutcher burst into tears and reacted with outrage after jurors found Tulsa officer Betty Jo Shelby not guilty in the Sept. 16 shooting.

"Let it be known that I believe in my heart that Betty Shelby got away with murder," Crutcher's father, Rev. Joey Crutcher said after the verdict was announced.

Shelby:
She said she felt Crutcher's death was his own fault.

"I have sorrow that this happened that this man lost his life but he caused the situation to occur," Shelby said. "So in the end, he caused his own. "

A lawyer for Shelby said the officer was "elated" that the jury found her not guilty.
"She's ready to get back to her life," Defense Attorney Shannon McMurray said.

cd021
05-18-2017, 03:14 PM
No wonder black people don't trust the legal system or police.

The more I read up on this, the more convinced I was of her guilt.
Another officer pulled out a taser while she pulled out a gun, they both fired at the same time.

She saw the situation as life threatening while the other saw it completely differently. He was unarmed and not making any aggressive movements and still she was found not guilty

baseline bum
05-18-2017, 03:20 PM
That's ridiculous. I could understand rioting over this.

boutons_deux
05-18-2017, 03:21 PM
Cops are corrupt, unaccountable, blood-thirsty, trigger happy. Black Lives Don't Matter.

With racist, xenophobe Sessions dropping DoJ investigations of cops, cops got the message: hunting season is open.

DMC
05-18-2017, 03:35 PM
I felt like from the start that she heard the taser discharge and overreacted. Never made sense to have a taser drawn on one side and a firearm on the other. Either taser the dude or shoot him, and stop with all the taser warnings. You're not killing him, just taze his ass and cuff him, then talk about the do's and don'ts on the way to the precinct.

MultiTroll
05-18-2017, 04:06 PM
I want to see what the 3 black jurors have to say.
Also how their neighborhood / community fellow blacks treat them.

MultiTroll
05-18-2017, 05:13 PM
Cops are corrupt, unaccountable, blood-thirsty, trigger happy. Black Lives Don't Matter.

With racist, xenophobe Sessions dropping DoJ investigations of cops, cops got the message: hunting season is open.
Why would one reach in the window of their SUV after cops told them to stop and had guns drawn on them?

BTW I vote for taze, not lethal shooting.
But back to the window reach question.......

Chinook
05-19-2017, 10:03 AM
At least there was a fucking trial. Of course, the bitch-ass jurors need to be stronger than that. Crying in front of the family is so chicken shit. You made your choice; man up to it.

Chucho
05-19-2017, 10:31 AM
Black Lives Don't Matter.

Definitely don't matter to BLM unless profiteering is involved. And black lives don't matter to blacks most of all.

rjv
05-19-2017, 11:22 AM
https://jesusfuckingchristblog.files.wordpress.com/2015/08/untitled.png?w=584&h=603