PDA

View Full Version : [2018] Venom (spiderman spinoff)

djohn2oo8
05-20-2017, 09:59 AM
Apparently Tom Hardy has been cast as Eddie Brock for the standalone movie and spinoff to spiderman.

Texas_Ranger
05-20-2017, 11:27 AM
they still don't have a Spiderman tho...

djohn2oo8
04-24-2018, 04:21 PM

LaMarcus Bryant
04-24-2018, 07:13 PM
Pass

spurraider21
04-24-2018, 07:30 PM
looks cool. i also trust tom hardy, generally.

also, when i went to see A Quiet Place... a trailer came up for Upgrade starring Logan Marshall-Green. for the first minute of the trailer I thought it was Venom. both movies are about a guy getting some sort of enhancement, and fuck those two look identical

https://img.buzzfeed.com/buzzfeed-static/static/campaign_images/terminal05/2012/6/8/18/tom-hardy-or-logan-marshall-green-1-22549-1339193915-4_big.jpg

https://www.thewrap.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/mad-max.jpg

https://i.chzbgr.com/full/6468920320/hBCBDA419/

Chris
04-24-2018, 07:59 PM
Venom should be Muslim and transgender. It would make more money.

TDMVPDPOY
04-24-2018, 09:19 PM
hope this movie isnt like SPAWN from the 90s, another anti-hero movie...bu that movie suck monkey dick filmed in the dark couldnt see shit...

once thing marvel is good at is filming in the dark bringing out the colors

gambit1990
04-24-2018, 10:29 PM
it looks fucking stupid :lol

looks like dc made it.

spurraider21
04-24-2018, 10:41 PM
triggered

monosylab1k
04-24-2018, 10:53 PM
Looks like ass, but it can’t be worse than the Topher Grace abortion.

lefty
04-25-2018, 02:13 PM
Yikes

Ginobilly
04-25-2018, 03:49 PM
It looks meh. It appears in the trailer that there will be no spiderman. Da fuk? I thought peter had the black symbiosis first, then passes it on to eddie brock. Smdh hollywood changing comic book storylines. Spiderman + venom would of been awesome.

Blake
04-25-2018, 04:09 PM

No if it really wanted to make money they would call it god's not dead IV

Xevious
04-25-2018, 05:27 PM
It looks meh. It appears in the trailer that there will be no spiderman. Da fuk? I thought peter had the black symbiosis first, then passes it on to eddie brock. Smdh hollywood changing comic book storylines. Spiderman + venom would of been awesome.
Sony's deal with Marvel is weird. I believe they are planning on releasing several projects within their spiderverse, which has nothing to do with the MCU. So I'm not even sure they can include Spiderman in a live action movie. Maybe I'm wrong.

spurraider21
04-25-2018, 05:31 PM
who cares if they deviate from comic book storylines? just means there could be more unpredictability...

Chris
04-25-2018, 07:47 PM
No if it really wanted to make money they would call it god's not dead IV

Never seen any of em'. Gods Must Be Crazy I and II though :tu That shit was funny AF

Blake
04-26-2018, 08:52 AM
Never seen any of em'. Gods Must Be Crazy I and II though :tu That shit was funny AF

I saw god not dead when it was on Netflix. It was hilarious too. 9/10.

DeadlyDynasty
04-26-2018, 01:07 PM
Gay

spurraider21
04-26-2018, 01:44 PM
Gay
we get it, tbh

Avante
04-29-2018, 02:03 AM
So many literary characters out there which Conan was. Oh yeah he was also a Marvel. John Carter on Mars was literary as is Tarzan. Obviously Thor a myth, oh yeah and Marvel.

Brak Man Mon if done right would be fantastic. He was a Robert E. Howad creation like Conan, Solomon Kane and King Kull.

I guess kids wouldn't know who...

Thongor
Orion
Kothar
Kyrik
Kane
Brak
Elric.......................................amazin g saga.
Fahard and The Grey Mouser

....were

Far more interesting stories there than what we find in the comics. I'm not knocking comics, I had thousands of them. I just also own a ton of Sword & Sorcery and heroic fantasy books.

The Fu Manchu Stories would be great if done right.

Pavlov
04-29-2018, 02:15 AM
So many literary characters out there which Conan was. Oh yeah he was also a Marvel. John Carter on Mars was literary as is Tarzan. Obviously Thor a myth, oh yeah and Marvel.

Brak Man Mon if done right would be fantastic. He was a Robert E. Howad creation like Conan, Solomon Kane and King Kull.

I guess kids wouldn't know who...

Thongor
Orion
Kothar
Kyrik
Kane
Brak
Elric.......................................amazin g saga.
Fahard and The Grey Mouser

....were

Far more interesting stories there than what we find in the comics. I'm not knocking comics, I had thousands of them. I just also own a ton of Sword & Sorcery and heroic fantasy books.

The Fu Manchu Stories would be great if done right.This thread is about the Venom movie, which to me holds interest for Tom Hardy and how it will or won't eventually connect to the current Spider-Man and by extension the MCU.

Watch you reply and not talk about the Venom movie.

djohn2oo8
08-03-2018, 02:08 PM
xLCn88bfW1o

spurraider21
08-03-2018, 04:54 PM
looks and sounds pretty cartoony. hope the movie doesn't have too serious a tone. it would be a really weird contrast. just make it funny/fun like Upgrade and it will probably work

AaronY
08-03-2018, 07:04 PM
So he's a good guy in this one?

Who's he fighting?

DPG21920
08-04-2018, 10:56 AM
So he's a good guy in this one?

Who's he fighting?

Carnage.

Pavlov
08-04-2018, 02:19 PM
Carnage.Apparently it's a different-from-the-comics Riot, saving Carnage for later.

koriwhat
08-04-2018, 03:28 PM
ugh more lame comic book movies... shit, more lame movies in general. hollywood hurry up and burn to the ground!

Pavlov
08-04-2018, 03:36 PM
ugh more lame comic book movies... shit, more lame movies in general. hollywood hurry up and burn to the ground!But it gives you such a great opportunity to be sanctimonious .

koriwhat
08-04-2018, 03:40 PM
But it gives you such a great opportunity to be sanctimonious .

not at all. if people like these movies then more power to them. i just think hollywood ran out of ideas decades ago and now just cater to those still into kid shit; comics, star wars, cartoons, etc... but whatever i guess that's what movies are for just like drugs; the escape from reality. i'd rather see docu's but i can understand how they aren't spectacular on a big screen nor sensational enough for most audiences.

Pavlov
08-04-2018, 03:47 PM
not at all. if people like these movies then more power to them. i just think hollywood ran out of ideas decades ago and now just cater to those still into kid shit; comics, star wars, cartoons, etc... but whatever i guess that's what movies are for just like drugs; the escape from reality. i'd rather see docu's but i can understand how they aren't spectacular on a big screen nor sensational enough for most audiences.Very sanctimonious of you. Thanks for letting people in the Venom thread know.

koriwhat
08-04-2018, 03:50 PM
Very sanctimonious of you. Thanks for letting people in the Venom thread know.

they're welcome. lol

spurraider21
08-04-2018, 08:06 PM
ugh more lame comic book movies... shit, more lame movies in general. hollywood hurry up and burn to the ground!
:cry i dont like these movies, so i hope the entire industry collapses :cry

but im not an angry/emotional guy, i swear!

koriwhat
08-04-2018, 08:15 PM
:cry i dont like these movies, so i hope the entire industry collapses :cry

but im not an angry/emotional guy, i swear!

not because i'm not into comicbook movies but i'm not into hollywood as a whole. crash and burn hollywood and our nation will be back on track. yall still look at hollywood/california as the trend to follow and that trend just keeps going down, down, down into the toilet. flush that shit away!

spurraider21
08-04-2018, 08:18 PM
not because i'm not into comicbook movies but i'm not into hollywood as a whole. crash and burn hollywood and our nation will be back on track. yall still look at hollywood/california as the trend to follow and that trend just keeps going down, down, down into the toilet. flush that shit away!
10 of the top 15 highest grossing movies of all time have come out in the last 3 years

:lol thinking its trending down

koriwhat
08-04-2018, 08:24 PM
10 of the top 15 highest grossing movies of all time have come out in the last 3 years

:lol thinking its trending down

what does that even matter? look at music today; trash. just because something has grossed a ton of money doesn't actually make it great it just means there's plenty of people who love dumb-ed down content, cgi, and vfx.

spurraider21
08-05-2018, 12:11 AM
what does that even matter? look at music today; trash. just because something has grossed a ton of money doesn't actually make it great it just means there's plenty of people who love dumb-ed down content, cgi, and vfx.
Love it or hate it but the MCU model is unprecedented and I’m gonna enjoy the wave while it lasts

Reck
08-05-2018, 01:29 AM
Love it or hate it but the MCU model is unprecedented and I’m gonna enjoy the wave while it lasts

Might as well. Phase 3 hasn't even concluded and phase 4 hasn't been announced yet but we know is happening and that will probably take us to the late 2020s

I like these movies. Haven't seen one recently though. Last one I saw on theater was Guardians of the Galaxy 2 and was kind of dissapointed.

djohn2oo8
08-05-2018, 08:54 AM
Will be interesting to see what Marvel does with X-men

DJR210
08-05-2018, 03:20 PM

If you're not into Hollywood then why the hell did you put me on to Terrarium TV? What are you using it for then :lol

DJR210
08-05-2018, 03:23 PM
Venom was always my favorite comic character growing up.. I can honestly say this is one of the few movie adaptations where complete justice appears to be given to the character. They did a great job with his look, he's huge. I fucking hated that POS in Spiderman 3.

koriwhat
08-05-2018, 05:01 PM
If you're not into Hollywood then why the hell did you put me on to Terrarium TV? What are you using it for then :lol

i use it for a lot of things... mainly docu's & standup specials(which most are trash as well). however i do watch plenty of movies but it's very rare any of them are actually "good" imo. i've seen a couple x-men movies and was not impressed at all. the Gotg 1 was a good movie as well as deadpool 1. other than those the rest are just cookie cutter hollywood trash.

koriwhat
08-05-2018, 05:02 PM
Venom was always my favorite comic character growing up.. I can honestly say this is one of the few movie adaptations where complete justice appears to be given to the character. They did a great job with his look, he's huge. I fucking hated that POS in Spiderman 3.

not true to character in sm3 i take it?

DJR210
08-05-2018, 07:29 PM
i use it for a lot of things... mainly docu's & standup specials(which most are trash as well). however i do watch plenty of movies but it's very rare any of them are actually "good" imo. i've seen a couple x-men movies and was not impressed at all. the Gotg 1 was a good movie as well as deadpool 1. other than those the rest are just cookie cutter hollywood trash.

The first X-Men was pretty good, but yeah the rest were pretty meh IMO.. they didn't really do much fan service. X-Men is produced by a different group than the rest of the Marvel franchises, so I think that's part of it.. Logan was a good one though IMO. Violent and mature, they didn't shy away from showing the damage his claws should do to flesh. Same with Deadpool paying justice to his sense of humor and breaking the fourth wall.

Also agreed on both Guardians.. for a group I had never even heard of before the movie dropped I was impressed at how good the movies came out.

not true to character in sm3 i take it?

Nope.. watered down trash.

https://media.sketchfab.com/urls/4c1a2aa38d424838813b89d92f1dd31b/dist/thumbnails/cb04537f6be54dcbbb1cfc8fbcf21b50/27b3246dd16e40d3aa1dfb638ae049a3.jpeg

This weakling compared to what's been shown in the new trailers is night and day

koriwhat
08-05-2018, 07:43 PM
The first X-Men was pretty good, but yeah the rest were pretty meh IMO.. they didn't really do much fan service. X-Men is produced by a different group than the rest of the Marvel franchises, so I think that's part of it.. Logan was a good one though IMO. Violent and mature, they didn't shy away from showing the damage his claws should do to flesh. Same with Deadpool paying justice to his sense of humor and breaking the fourth wall.

Also agreed on both Guardians.. for a group I had never even heard of before the movie dropped I was impressed at how good the movies came out.

Nope.. watered down trash.

https://media.sketchfab.com/urls/4c1a2aa38d424838813b89d92f1dd31b/dist/thumbnails/cb04537f6be54dcbbb1cfc8fbcf21b50/27b3246dd16e40d3aa1dfb638ae049a3.jpeg

This weakling compared to what's been shown in the new trailers is night and day

i forgot about logan... i did like that one. i guess when the movies are less geared towards 13 yr olds and more towards adults that's the difference between bad and good.

bummer about venom in sm3. i watched the 1st spiderman but i wasn't impressed and mainly due to the main actor and his weird ass faces and how i just don't think he's much of an actor. bummer because i liked the sm comics growing up but got more into valiant & image as i got into my teens and those were always a bit more serious in content.

DJR210
08-05-2018, 07:55 PM
i forgot about logan... i did like that one. i guess when the movies are less geared towards 13 yr olds and more towards adults that's the difference between bad and good.

Exactly. The rated R movies have been the best IMO.

i watched the 1st spiderman but i wasn't impressed and mainly due to the main actor and his weird ass faces and how i just don't think he's much of an actor. bummer because i liked the sm comics growing up but got more into valiant & image as i got into my teens and those were always a bit more serious in content.

For someone pretty underwhelmed with every almost all the Spiderman movies, Spiderman Homecoming was great.. Going back to a young high school age Peter Parker who is being mentored by Tony Stark was fresh, and the writing lead to some funny moments ala GOTG.. Plus Iron Man pretty much split the movie w/ him. Recommend if you haven't seen it.

DMC
08-06-2018, 10:19 PM
stupid as fuck

lefty
08-14-2018, 08:38 PM
I like Hardy, but his acting in this movie looks shitty