05-20-2017, 08:56 PM
So Deadmon is not even worth a try?

loveforthegame
05-20-2017, 08:58 PM
Between Parker, Aldridge, and Gasol. :pctoss

In Leonard's prime too. Unreal. :bang

baseline bum
05-20-2017, 09:01 PM
Softridge is so fucking worthless. Can't even make that 3 footer.

SpurOutofTownFan
05-20-2017, 09:02 PM
its pretty sad to watch LaMarcus play

SpursforSix
05-20-2017, 09:03 PM
Softridge is so fucking worthless. Can't even make that 3 footer.

Between him and Pau, I've never seen two all star big men miss so many short shots that all star big men are supposed to make.

DPG21920
05-20-2017, 09:04 PM

Playoff Parker proved he was not dead weight

baseline bum
05-20-2017, 09:04 PM
Playoff Parker proved he was not dead weight

But injured Parker who might not play next year definitely is.

ElNono
05-20-2017, 09:05 PM

Love Tony but he's done... he's been hurt in the playoffs since 2012?

baseline bum
05-20-2017, 09:07 PM
Aldridge -19 now. Fuck this pussy.

DPG21920
05-20-2017, 09:09 PM

We shall see.

DPG21920
05-20-2017, 09:10 PM
Love Tony but he's done... he's been hurt in the playoffs since 2012?

:lol Manu fans talking about injuries doing in a player. TP in the playoffs outclassed most everyone. He gets the benefit of the doubt from me.

DMX7
05-20-2017, 09:11 PM
Patty's not playing that great.

cd98
05-20-2017, 09:11 PM
Can't defend his play. Yuck

DPG21920
05-20-2017, 09:12 PM
Patty's not playing that great.

Umm, ya. He's playing against starting level players. Easily erased but thats not on him. He's a role player.

Robz4000
05-20-2017, 09:13 PM
Depressing where the team's cap situation is.

loveforthegame
05-20-2017, 09:14 PM
Spurs too loyal to trade LMA.

DPG21920
Depressing where the team's cap situation is.

What? SA is in an amazing financial situation for a WCF team

ElNono
:lol Manu fans talking about injuries doing in a player. TP in the playoffs outclassed most everyone. He gets the benefit of the doubt from me.

:lol why bring in Manu? He's actually 5 years older and still battling out there... Just pointing out that Tony had the hammy in 2013, missed playoff games in 2014, this year again... it's not hate, just facts.

Years have not been kind to him, and sucks, tbh

cd98
So when can he opt out?

DPG21920
05-20-2017, 09:17 PM
:lol why bring in Manu? He's actually 5 years older and still battling out there... Just pointing out that Tony had the hammy in 2013, missed playoff games in 2014, this year again... it's not hate, just facts.

Years have not been kind to him, and sucks, tbh

Battle all you want - I care about results tbh..TP battled. He played better than Manu and played a bigger and more consistent role in winning playoff games.

I'm not writing TP off until I see playoff proof he's done. Manu healthy wasn't the same as TP healthy. That concerns me more than injuries that you can't control.

Spurs9
05-20-2017, 09:18 PM
George Hill

ElNono
05-20-2017, 09:19 PM
Battle all you want - I care about results tbh..TP battled. He played better than Manu and played a bigger and more consistent role in winning playoff games.

I'm not writing TP off until I see playoff proof he's done. Manu healthy wasn't the same as TP healthy. That concerns me more than injuries that you can't control.

Well, we made it to the WCF largely thanks to Manu and with TP out... same in 2014, winning the chip... that's results...

And again, not hating on Tony, he was great against the Grizz... but let's not pretend that it didn't look like an anomaly, considering the season he had.

In all honesty, he should be a super-sub like Manu at this point, that his role. The Spurs need a starting PG to compete against the elite (Curry, CP3, Westbrook, Irving, etc), tbh...

Spurtacular
05-20-2017, 09:19 PM
Drama queens thread, tbh.

ElNono
05-20-2017, 09:20 PM
Also they Spurs need to figure out what to do with Kyle Anderson, tbh... what's his role going to be

DPG21920
05-20-2017, 09:21 PM
Well, we made it to the WCF largely thanks to Manu and with TP out... same in 2014, winning the chip... that's results...

And again, not hating on Tony, he was great against the Grizz... but let's not pretend that it didn't look like an anomaly.

In all honesty, he should be a super-sub like Manu at this point, that his role. The Spurs need a starting PG to compete against the elite (Curry, CP3, Westbrook, Irving, etc), tbh...

It didn't look like an anomaly at all. TP vs HOU had the biggest win of the series tbh..Manu playing good 1.5 games a series is not as valuable as TP bringing the consistent goods. Especially now with Mills having to run the show? You see the disaster of an offense.

Spurs are a WCF team with TP while Harden/WB/CP are at home tbh..

Robz4000
05-20-2017, 09:21 PM
What? SA is in an amazing financial situation for a WCF team

Everyone keeps saying that but what's the point of having all that cap space in 2018 if no one of value is gonna be available? Spurs have some guys they'd like/need to hold on to (Simmons, Mills, Dedmon, Lee) but can't due to limited room right now and no means to improve the team. They can hope Bertans and Murray improve enough to offset the losses, but the fact of the matter is they could just as easily stay the same.

DPG21920
05-20-2017, 09:22 PM
Everyone keeps saying that but what's the point of having all that cap space in 2018 if no one of value is gonna be available? Spurs have some guys they'd like/need to hold on to (Simmons, Mills, Dedmon, Lee) but can't due to limited room right now and no means to improve the team. They can hope Bertans and Murray improve enough to offset the losses, but the fact of the matter is they could just as easily stay the same.

You are wrong tbh..

ElNono
05-20-2017, 09:24 PM
It didn't look like an anomaly at all. TP vs HOU had the biggest win of the series tbh..Manu playing good 1.5 games a series is not as valuable as TP bringing the consistent goods. Especially now with Mills having to run the show? You see the disaster of an offense.

Spurs are a WCF team with TP while Harden/WB/CP are at home tbh..

Manu was the difference in this team being a Western Conference Finalist or not. That's pretty valuable.

That doesn't mean TP isn't, but his body can't keep up with his role anymore, and yeah, considering the season he had, it was an anomaly (which was great, BTW, we needed it).

I think Patty will be gone anyways. The issue of slotting TP as a backup is Murray's progression.

SpurOutofTownFan
05-20-2017, 09:26 PM

LOL

DPG21920
05-20-2017, 09:28 PM
Manu was the difference in this team being a Western Conference Finalist or not. That's pretty valuable.

That doesn't mean TP isn't, but his body can't keep up with his role anymore, and yeah, considering the season he had, it was an anomaly (which was great, BTW, we needed it).

I think Patty will be gone anyways. The issue of slotting TP as a backup is Murray's progression.

When healthy, someone playing well more games than not, that is not an amamoly IMO.

MVPCues
05-20-2017, 09:29 PM
Well that is a good start.

ElNono
05-20-2017, 09:29 PM
When healthy, someone playing well more games than not, that is not an amamoly IMO.

Look, he had a pretty shitty season... I was as surprised and welcomed his performance in the first round as any other fan...

DPG21920
05-20-2017, 09:31 PM
Look, he had a pretty shitty season... I was as surprised and welcomed his performance in the first round as any other fan...

Sure, but he players that are old on contenders coast a lot. When it mattered TP was very consistent. Manu was bad both regular and post season. That showed me more than TP is what I'm saying.

ElNono
05-20-2017, 09:33 PM
Sure, but he players that are old on contenders coast a lot. When it mattered TP was very consistent. Manu was bad both regular and post season. That showed me more than TP is what I'm saying.

Manu has been a beast this postseason, and any time when TP hasn't showed up (ie: 2014), which has been pretty common lately...

It's unfortunate the Spurs still need to rely on a 39 year old about to retire though... but with TP being constantly hurt, they don't have a lot of options, tbh...

I appreciate Manu stepping up his game and taking us to the WCF without Kawhi...

DPG21920
05-20-2017, 09:34 PM
Manu has been a beast this postseason, and any time when TP hasn't showed up (ie: 2014), which has been pretty common lately...

It's unfortunate the Spurs still need to rely on a 39 year old about to retire though... but with TP being constantly hurt, they don't have a lot of options, tbh...

I appreciate Manu stepping up his game and taking us to the WCF without Kawhi...

Your definition of "playing great" or "beast" has majorly adjusted as we discussed. Based on expectations? Maybe I buy that. Based on reality? No.

ElNono
05-20-2017, 09:36 PM
Your definition of "playing great" or "beast" has majorly adjusted as we discussed. Based on expectations? Maybe I buy that. Based on reality? No.

apparently it adjusted for both of us if you thought TP is anything but a super sub at this point... but hey, you're entitled to your opinion too...

DPG21920
05-20-2017, 09:38 PM
apparently it adjusted for both of us if you thought TP is anything but a super sub at this point... but hey, you're entitled to your opinion too...

Well, TP vs the highest paid PG in the league was great. So no, I didn't have to adjust my definition. Manu playing well 1 out of every 5-7 games is adjusting tbh.

ElNono
05-20-2017, 09:42 PM
Well, TP vs the highest paid PG in the league was great. So no, I didn't have to adjust my definition. Manu playing well 1 out of every 5-7 games is adjusting tbh.

Manu vs one of the 3 league MVP candidates without Kawhi nor TP was great too. So I guess I don't have to adjust my definition either?

We can do this all day... fact is, Manu is still out there, and has been out there in '14 when TP wasn't, and the team kept on winning... just mere facts.

Unfortunately the Dubs are a tough team without Kawhi...

DPG21920
05-20-2017, 09:42 PM
Manu vs one of the 3 league MVP candidates without Kawhi nor TP was great too. So I guess I don't have to adjust my definition either?

We can do this all day... fact is, Manu is still out there, and has been out there in '14 when TP wasn't, and the team kept on winning... just mere facts.

Unfortunately the Dubs are a tough team without Kawhi...

Let's look at Manu's averages vs TP this playoffs. I think that will tell you the difference tbh..

ElNono
05-20-2017, 09:43 PM
Let's look at Manu's averages vs TP this playoffs. I think that will tell you the difference tbh..

We can look at win-loss record when both played... all day...

DPG21920
05-20-2017, 09:44 PM
We can look at win-loss record when both played... all day...

Nah. That doesn't tell the story. You can win with a player playing below average. Look at their averages and see who was playing better. PER, PPG, AST, ETC..

ElNono
05-20-2017, 09:46 PM
Nah. That doesn't tell the story. You can win with a player playing below average. Look at their averages and see who was playing better. PER, PPG, AST, ETC..

Yeah, especially in games without Kawhi, that definitely tells the story. Especially making crucial game-winning plays... and we can certainly look at VORP, PER, etc... Manu has been very very good in his role and limited mins...

DPG21920
05-20-2017, 09:48 PM
Yeah, especially in games without Kawhi, that definitely tells the story. Especially making crucial game-winning plays... and we can certainly look at VORP, PER, etc... Manu has been very very good in his role and limited mins...

Go ahead. Look it up. TP > Manu this playoffs or do you disagree?

noles1983
05-20-2017, 09:49 PM
Thats fucking atrocious. All but like 3 players are dead weight tbh. We have bigs who get owned by a scrub like McGee.

LkrFan
05-20-2017, 09:51 PM

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=m2wusnm

:downspin:

DPG21920
05-20-2017, 09:51 PM
TP Playoff PER this year: 20.3

Manu Playoff PER this year: 10.8

ElNono
05-20-2017, 09:52 PM
Go ahead. Look it up. TP > Manu this playoffs or do you disagree?

Difficult to compare, since Tony missed about half the games, especially against tougher opponents?

I thought Manu elevated his game when TP went down (again)... I think that's a very fair assessment...

DPG21920
05-20-2017, 09:53 PM
Difficult to compare, since Tony missed about half the games, especially against tougher opponents?

I thought Manu elevated his game when TP went down (again)... I think that's a very fair assessment...

Nah. The numbers don't lie. He had a great couple of games, but as a whole? Manu was damn bad this playoff run. And I love Manu.

Team shouldn't need him despite his massive high salary. He's old and on his last legs. But he still fights.

ElNono
05-20-2017, 09:55 PM
Nah. The numbers don't lie. He had a great couple of games, but as a whole? Manu was damn bad this playoff run. And I love Manu.

Team shouldn't need him despite his massive high salary. He's old and on his last legs. But he still fights.

I didn't say the numbers lie. I said they're not comparable samples. It's obvious Manu had to lead the team against much tougher opponents while Tony hasn't.

It's unfair to Manu, and I also don't think it's Tony's fault.

DPG21920
05-20-2017, 09:58 PM
But Manu didn't lead. Having a few good moments does not equal leads. If Manu played well the Spurs would not have been in tough spots. He came through, but his level of play has not been good (10 PER which is really bad) unless you adjust expectations.

ElNono
05-20-2017, 10:00 PM
Winning games is leading. Kawhi and LMA are clearly the top 2 players on this team, there's no shame in that and nothing to really discuss about it.

But your vets are out there to lead, and with LMA being specially awful and Kawhi going down, Manu has been pretty great (which doesn't mean TP hasn't been in round one, tbh).

That's why I don't get why bring up Manu in this thread when Tony is the one that has a contract for next season and is hurt...

DPG21920
05-20-2017, 10:03 PM
Winning games is leading. Kawhi and LMA are clearly the top 2 players on this team, there's no shame in that and nothing to really discuss about it.

But your vets are out there to lead, and with LMA being specially awful and Kawhi going down, Manu has been pretty great (which doesn't mean TP hasn't been in round one, tbh).

That's why I don't get why bring up Manu in this thread when Tony is the one that has a contract for next season and is hurt...

Because injuries happen like Manu fans know. Im not writing TP off, when against playoff teams he showed out great. He may be done, but I'm not writing him off until I see it with his high level of playoff play.

ElNono
05-20-2017, 10:07 PM
Manu missed only one series his entire playoff career, IIRC (Dallas)? Plus one game against the Grizz? He's been incredibly durable in the playoffs, playing with a broken nose and broken arm... that's why I don't get the reference...

Das Texan
05-20-2017, 10:12 PM
Shit I dont know who has been worse...

Gasol or Aldridge.

Parker is probably a better player in his current state than both of those two, tbh.

koriwhat
05-20-2017, 10:15 PM

indeed... nothing but dead weight!

illusioNtEk
05-20-2017, 10:26 PM
Keep Parker and LMA but get rid of gasoft plz

tholdren
05-20-2017, 10:27 PM
I wish for paus career ending injurt every day

cd98
05-20-2017, 10:29 PM
I guess the writing was on the wall when a 40 year old Vince Carter blocked his shot on a dunk attempt in the regular season.

ElNono
05-20-2017, 10:29 PM
BTW, Tony isn't going anywhere... that's sunk money. Hopefully he recovers well...

ducks
05-20-2017, 10:49 PM

I thought mem d was the best
rockets he played 2 games
gs is better then mem but mem d is better

ElNono
05-20-2017, 10:51 PM
I thought mem d was the best
rockets he played 2 games
gs is better then mem but mem d is better

It isn't. Memphis ranked #6 in def eff, Dubs #2...

cjw
05-20-2017, 10:53 PM
Looks like Lee is going to opt in now if his knee injury is bad. So there's that.

I'd be fine moving out Pau for anything not negative in value. Aldridge should be shopped to see what people are willing to give up, but don't think they will.

Lets stop the TP/Manu bickering. Both were extremely valuable this postseason in winning the Memphis (Parker) and Houston (Manu) series

BackHome
05-20-2017, 11:34 PM
I AGREE - Tire of the stupid Manu and Tony Fan boys fighting over who the think is a better player...Sad Shit.

Softridge and Gasoft both need to go after this beat down they will be worse next year.

Yeah I think Tony is going to have a very hard time coming back from that injury his game is speed and this will have a major impact on that.

james evans
05-20-2017, 11:38 PM
I think everyone on this team needs to be traded outside of Leonard, Dedmond, Simmons, Murray, and Bertans. This shit is sad

DMC
05-20-2017, 11:42 PM
When your best two players are out, your role guys aren't going to look that good. Patty cannot suddenly get in phase with Dedmon and Bertans, and Pau and Aldridge cannot suddenly be the 1st option guys when they've been basically role guys all year. Put them against the best team in the league and the discrepancies are put under a magnifying glass. You cannot judge how well these guys will do normally by seeing how they do as 1st options. LMA perhaps, but the rest, even Pau, aren't even close to being at that level, neither is their pay.

Seventyniner
05-20-2017, 11:45 PM
When your best two players are out, your role guys aren't going to look that good. Patty cannot suddenly get in phase with Dedmon and Bertans, and Pau and Aldridge cannot suddenly be the 1st option guys when they've been basically role guys all year. Put them against the best team in the league and the discrepancies are put under a magnifying glass. You cannot judge how well these guys will do normally by seeing how they do as 1st options. LMA perhaps, but the rest, even Pau, aren't even close to being at that level, neither is their pay.

You're right, we shouldn't assess their value based on this series. It's basically the worst-case scenario.

I still wonder if the Spurs might try to sign a bunch of short-term deals (Manu for 1 year?) and preserve cap space for 2018 when Parker and Gasol roll off the books. It would put their ceiling at a WCF exit but that was pretty close to the ceiling anyway.

GSH
05-20-2017, 11:47 PM
If Tony can't come back, they can retire him and stretch that salary over three seasons. That's a little over $10M worth of cap space.
Pau opts out, and signs a 3 yr/$22M contract. That's another $9M worth of cap space.
Manu agrees to play for the vet min, and the league would pick up part of his salary. A cap savings of $600K.
Some other team offers Patty a big deal, and the Spurs tell him to fuck off. That's about $3.6M (this year) that the Spurs could add to what they can offer another player.

There could be more money there than it looks like right now.

This looks like a draft where there might still be some late first round steals. Utah has a shitload of cap space, and two first round picks. Might be possible to make a deal there for LMA, and come up with one of their picks. Probably the 30, but if they pull some draft magic, they could wind up with two players on cheap rookie contracts - and still have enough cash to go buy a decent FA.

coachmac87
05-20-2017, 11:49 PM
Even though it's not likely at all..what's the most cap space they can get if they move LMA, Parker and Pau opts out?

FkLA
05-20-2017, 11:51 PM
Just embrace the fact that LMA is a role player at this point. Get him shots off the pick and roll, let him shoot open threes, let him crash the offensive boards. He can still be a productive, efficient player that way. No more post-ups. Couple that with his improved defense and there's no reason why he should be considered dead weight.

Mikeanaro
05-20-2017, 11:53 PM
That 3 pointer Gasol missed, and then he joined the Warretes scoring against us, traitor.

SAGirl
05-20-2017, 11:58 PM
Also they Spurs need to figure out what to do with Kyle Anderson, tbh... what's his role going to be
Didn't play poorly IMO. He didn't get the ball all that much (poor passing lineups with LMA, Danny, Patty and Simmons who was looking to score) and he still had 6 pts on 3/3 shooting, 5 assists and 9 rebounds in 20 minutes. Only a -1 while playing next to Lamarcus who was a black hole.

I am still a fan, it's probably better for his career to be traded. He's still a young guy and needs to compete and play.

But he likely stays bc Spurs have more pressing needs in the team and guys in a big slalary. So I think he stays for next season but then he's gone. I wouldn't blame him tbh.

GSH
05-21-2017, 12:05 AM

What are they going to replace him with for the amount they will be paying him? Probably not anything better. So unless they need to move him to enable them to sign another bigger name player, I don't expect him to be going anywhere.

What they need to do with him is exactly what I've said for a long time - he needs to get with a strength coach and a "nutritionist" in the offseason, and settle into the 4. I still say he's not anything else.

SpurOutofTownFan
05-21-2017, 12:40 AM
GUYS GUYS - again, if LMA is not the option next year the SPurs need to get another big time player via trade who can complement Kawhi. That's it. Otherwise they cannot compete for NBA finals spot against these teams that are stacked.

BillMc
05-21-2017, 12:41 AM
Just embrace the fact that LMA is a role player at this point. Get him shots off the pick and roll, let him shoot open threes, let him crash the offensive boards. He can still be a productive, efficient player that way. No more post-ups. Couple that with his improved defense and there's no reason why he should be considered dead weight.
This

SASdynasty!
05-21-2017, 12:54 AM

And again, not hating on Tony, he was great against the Grizz... but let's not pretend that it didn't look like an anomaly, considering the season he had.

Lol 2014:

Parker: 17/5 on 49%
Manu: 14/4 on 44%

Lol, "thanks to Manu"

SASdynasty!
05-21-2017, 12:57 AM
BTW, Tony isn't going anywhere... that's sunk money. Hopefully he recovers well...
Remind me again where the sunk money is...

2017 Playoffs:

Parker: 16/3 on 53%
Mills: 10/2 on 44%
Murray: 5/2 on 35%

SASdynasty!
05-21-2017, 12:58 AM
Role players don't drop 34/12 in your most important game of the season.

TheGreatYacht
05-21-2017, 01:00 AM
TP Playoff PER this year: 20.3

Manu Playoff PER this year: 10.8
Don't waste your time arguing with ElNonoMexican....

Everyone who watches these games knows this game was an anomaly (since he first brought it up). Manure can catch fire 1 game and literally go scoreless for a series. No need to continue being old.

TheGreatYacht
05-21-2017, 01:02 AM
I can't believe Salvadorians are trying to credit Manure as the reason we made it to the WCF :lol

That block wouldn't have mattered. Choke harden at worst could've caused an OT. Spurs still win the series.

raybies
05-21-2017, 01:09 AM
Didn't play poorly IMO. He didn't get the ball all that much (poor passing lineups with LMA, Danny, Patty and Simmons who was looking to score) and he still had 6 pts on 3/3 shooting, 5 assists and 9 rebounds in 20 minutes. Only a -1 while playing next to Lamarcus who was a black hole.

I am still a fan, it's probably better for his career to be traded. He's still a young guy and needs to compete and play.

But he likely stays bc Spurs have more pressing needs in the team and guys in a big slalary. So I think he stays for next season but then he's gone. I wouldn't blame him tbh.
I've said here before that Kyle could be a draymond type player. He can be that offensively at least. Defensively he's a little gimmicky but he's passable at worst. He can guard the post versus most matchups and has the length to disrupt shots. He gets about a steal a game and/or a block. I'd like to see him at four more tbh. I'd also like to start developing his post game against the mismatch and see if he can pass out a double team if/when it comes to that. Watching Aldridge miss read after read is frustrating. The two bigs attempt failed. Time to get with the times. Beef Kyle up and start him at four. In this scenario you keep Green, Simmons, Stretch Pau, and let Patty and Dedmon go.

Starting Five
Murray
Green
Kawhi
Kyle
Aldridge

Groom Murray for the third option. Get him in the pick and roll all summer. Green gives the spacing and D. Leonard we know. Aldridge second option. Anderson gives that passing and ball movement we sorely lack with the first unit. I really like the length of this unit too. You can switch 1-4 for the most part. And Anderson is a pretty reliable rebounder.

Bench
vet pg that can shoot threes
Simmons
Rookie Defender Hanga?
Bertans
Gasol /Milutinov?

Leaves us looking for a playmaking Combo guard or PG in the draft or a defensive minded roll big, kinda like dedmon.

Mikeanaro
05-21-2017, 01:16 AM
When it mattered Porker got injured, and I dont see him playing like Manu at age 39 so shhh.

TheGreatYacht
05-21-2017, 01:19 AM
When it mattered Porker got injured, and I dont see him playing like Manu at age 39 so shhh.
Manure is reaching 2016 Kobe level inefficiency.... thankfully Parker will never be inefficient in his career. Always high FG%....

Mikeanaro
05-21-2017, 01:20 AM
Role players don't drop 34/12 in your most important game of the season.
Stupid troll, there was also a game 7 in SA if things went bad, where is your 34/12 superstar now?

Mikeanaro
05-21-2017, 01:22 AM
Manure is reaching 2016 Kobe level inefficiency.... thankfully Parker will never be inefficient in his career. Always high FG%....
Nope, Manu is the main reason why Spurs still work as a team, the day Manu leaves this team will be Utah Jazz.

timtonymanu
05-21-2017, 01:22 AM

Well it makes his contract look even worse. The Spurs are paying 80 million for a Serge Ibaka type of production.

TheGreatYacht
05-21-2017, 01:25 AM
Nope, Manu is the main reason why Spurs still work as a team, the day Manu leaves this team will be Utah Jazz.
Stupid troll. Didn't expect a good reply from a Spurs fan from Argentina.

Mikeanaro
05-21-2017, 01:29 AM
Stupid troll. Didn't expect a good reply from a Spurs fan from Argentina.
Are you calling me a troll? who are you?, the fat guy with the blonde chick or the Justin Bieber kid?

99 Problems
05-21-2017, 01:34 AM
Tough hard nosed defensive guard like Marcus Smart. Let's start with this. Already meet Bonner. He'd be great next to Whi.

TheGreatYacht
05-21-2017, 01:35 AM
Are you calling me a troll? who are you?, the fat guy with the blonde chick or the Justin Bieber kid?
What the fuck are you talking about? You Manure fans can't go one paragraph without speaking nonsense

TheGreatYacht
05-21-2017, 01:36 AM
Tough hard nosed defensive guard like Marcus Smart. Let's start with this. Already meet Bonner. He'd be great next to Whi.
Yup... either him or Bradley. They'll be on the trade block this summer

FkLA
05-21-2017, 01:42 AM
Well it makes his contract look even worse. The Spurs are paying 80 million for a Serge Ibaka type of production.

Well tbf Ibaka will be making upwards of $20 million/yr on his upcoming contract.

I'd rather have Ibaka though, honestly. :lol

Mikeanaro
05-21-2017, 01:43 AM
What the fuck are you talking about? You Manure fans can't go one paragraph without speaking nonsense
:downspin:
Its not me, is the LaManure Allshit effect.

ElNono
05-21-2017, 02:41 AM

What are they going to replace him with for the amount they will be paying him? Probably not anything better. So unless they need to move him to enable them to sign another bigger name player, I don't expect him to be going anywhere.

What they need to do with him is exactly what I've said for a long time - he needs to get with a strength coach and a "nutritionist" in the offseason, and settle into the 4. I still say he's not anything else.

I thought he was up for renewal... he's probably ok for bench filler...

SAGirl
05-21-2017, 02:49 AM
I thought he was up for renewal... he's probably ok for bench filler...
The 4th season of his rook deal is still guaranteed for next season. Still under contract and not a RFA yet.

He is eligible for an extension, so maybe that confused you if you saw something on a website about the 2014 draft class being eligible for extensions. But it obviously doesn't make sense for either team or player... only max type guy get extensions if we get real.

He likely is gone after next season CoJo style.

BG_Spurs_Fan
05-21-2017, 03:19 AM

This is the easiest part - he'll continue to be jack of all trades cheap player who could soak up regular season minutes on 3 positions without fucking things up majorly most of the time. There's value in this.

cd021
05-21-2017, 03:25 AM

Start him at PF.
Not necessarily every game ,particularly against a team like New Orleans but the 2 traditional big man SLs have run their course.

Mills-Green-Leonard-Anderson-Aldridge

Anderson can board, defend on the perimeter, and is an above average passer (which would ease the play making burden off Leonard and Mill- who really can't consistently create for others as a starter)

He needs to continue to work on his corner 3's and possibly get stronger to keep from getting bullied in the post but in a 20 mpg role like last night he should be fine.

-21-
05-21-2017, 03:57 AM
Start him at PF.
Not necessarily every game ,particularly against a team like New Orleans but the 2 traditional big man SLs have run their course.

Mills-Green-Leonard-Anderson-Aldridge

Anderson can board, defend on the perimeter, and is an above average passer (which would ease the play making burden off Leonard and Mill- who really can't consistently create for others as a starter)

He needs to continue to work on his corner 3's and possibly get stronger to keep from getting bullied in the post but in a 20 mpg role like last night he should be fine.

This would be an ideal scenario but he's got to improve a lot and show some consistency to become a starter. Right now he just seems like a placeholder for when someone needs to sit. Sometimes I don't even realize he's on the floor. He doesn't make too much mistakes but he also does nothing to make his presence felt. He should be less passive offensively and take some of those open looks he keeps getting.

Robz4000
05-21-2017, 04:52 AM

Pretty much. It's on Pop to realize this and utilize him in the right way. There isn't a realistic trade out there that improves the Spurs while jettisoning LMA.

cd021
05-21-2017, 05:20 AM
This would be an ideal scenario but he's got to improve a lot and show some consistency to become a starter. Right now he just seems like a placeholder for when someone needs to sit. Sometimes I don't even realize he's on the floor. He doesn't make too much mistakes but he also does nothing to make his presence felt. He should be less passive offensively and take some of those open looks he keeps getting.

All valid points. He makes great passes but is very passive overall on offense. His ability to knock down corner 3's is key to him becoming effective. He doesn't make a noticeable impact all the time but he did have 6 pts, 9 rebs, and 5 asts in 20 minutes, that isn't an necessarily an outlier type of performance for him.

Mal
05-21-2017, 05:22 AM
- Trade Gasol to Bucks, Wolves, Sixer or Celtics, try not to get anything in return. Gasol will still be on good team, that can use veteran at backcourt.
- Do sign and trade with Clippers > LMA for Griffin. I don't see better solution to trade LMA and get something in return. Clippers must blow their core. They get something for Griffin. Salary dump move to Heat or Bucks, but this will get McBob or Henson money back.
- Attach 1st round pick to Parker deal and trade it to Kings. Add Kyle Anderson if his 4 mil is need to get some FA`s. Kings will accepts anything with 1st rounder attached.
- Sign George Hill to reasonable deal
- Let go of Mills
- Re-sign Simmons.
- sign Jodie Meeks for minimum.

J_Paco
05-21-2017, 07:05 AM

Neither can shot worth shit, but he and Murray would be a good/great pairing until Murray is ready for full-time starting spot or Tony is recovered.

They still need to find a more effective back up SF(s) than Kyle Anderson. This has been their most glaring issue since Kawhi became the permanent starter.

Salary dumping Gasol also wouldn't be a bad move if he opts - in. He has looked absolutely dreadful all playoffs and can't even score over a 6'7" PF.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-21-2017, 08:02 AM
Not sure why people keep looking to increase Kyle's role. He is what he is. Great at the Bonner role of soaking up regular season minutes. He's not a starter in this league, and not a guy you want to count on in the playoffs. That's it.

therealtruth
05-21-2017, 08:18 PM
If you trade any of those guys send them to the other conference. Make Lebron's life harder. Because you know the second the Spurs trade LA he'll return to Trailblazers form.

-21-
05-22-2017, 02:15 AM
Not sure why people keep looking to increase Kyle's role. He is what he is. Great at the Bonner role of soaking up regular season minutes. He's not a starter in this league, and not a guy you want to count on in the playoffs. That's it.

Because we're stuck with him, LMA, and Gasol. :lol

kaji157
05-22-2017, 08:49 AM
I don't know why anyone would want to start Anderson. Everyone he defends usually goes on fire the moment Kyle starts covering him.

DaBears
05-22-2017, 10:49 AM
LMA is just fine for a 3rd best player, assuming your stars are healthy... He made it clear that as a prime option he is not, he fits in well when setup to score.. Think of it in this way, in general how many power forwards out there are better than him that you'd want. No many who are not the #1 option on there team..

SASdynasty!
05-22-2017, 04:45 PM
Stupid troll, there was also a game 7 in SA if things went bad, where is your 34/12 superstar now?
Oh yah because that's what you want...to chance it on a G7. How'd that work for us in 2015? How about 2013? How about 2006?

SASdynasty!
05-22-2017, 04:52 PM
LMA is just fine for a 3rd best player, assuming your stars are healthy... He made it clear that as a prime option he is not, he fits in well when setup to score.. Think of it in this way, in general how many power forwards out there are better than him that you'd want. No many who are not the #1 option on there team..
Exactly...what PF are you going to get to replace him? How many other PFs are there available who do this for you?

2016 Playoffs vs OKC:

Game 1: 38/6 on 78%
Game 2: 41/8 on 71%